Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,011 members, 7,817,981 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:32 AM

Custom Officers And Registered Vehicles - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Custom Officers And Registered Vehicles (1610 Views)

'Nigeria Used' And 'Registered' Cars - Any Difference? / Beware Custom Officers Are Back Siezing Vehicles! / Custom Officers Still Extorting Motorist Along Lagos- Ibadan Expressway (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Custom Officers And Registered Vehicles by Mboi: 7:02am On Sep 09, 2014
Please I've been looking for who has an answer to this; do custom officers on the highways have the right to stop already registered vehicles and demand for the custom papers?
Most times I've travelled, these men stop me and ask for my custom papers used in clearing the vehicle from wharf. My cousin and many other people said they do not have the right even if I just registered the vehicle yesterday.

So please guys who knows the right answer to this with proof.
Thanks..
Re: Custom Officers And Registered Vehicles by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:14am On Sep 09, 2014
Mboi: Please I've been looking for who has an answer to this; do custom officers on the highways have the right to stop already registered vehicles and demand for the custom papers?
Most times I've travelled, these men stop me and ask for my custom papers used in clearing the vehicle from wharf. My cousin and many other people said they do not have the right even if I just registered the vehicle yesterday.

So please guys who knows the right answer to this with proof.
Thanks..

Do they have the right? I guess so my friend who works in customs office told me they can demand for custom duty for a car less than 7years from when it was registered.
If you don't have the papers with you, you will have to have speak long Grammar, make some phone calls, or part with a little cash 1-5k depending on your bargaining power.

P.s if your custom duty is fake DO NOT SHOW THEM just use the I left it at home line and try and beg/settle your way out of It.

1 Like

Re: Custom Officers And Registered Vehicles by bravolad(m): 7:29am On Sep 09, 2014
Yes, they have have the right to request for your custom papers irrespective of the number of years the car has been in use. As Gazzuzz rightly said, use your discretion when addressing them if you have a fake custom paper.

Even after either years of car usage in Nigeria, you can only brag if you have genuine custom papers. Your vehicle could be impounded with a fake custom papers and nothing will happen. Manner of approach is very key.
Re: Custom Officers And Registered Vehicles by Mboi: 12:57pm On Sep 09, 2014
Thanks guys, I appr8.
Re: Custom Officers And Registered Vehicles by fortunejum: 5:36pm On Sep 09, 2014
How do you know the fake and original custom papers?

1 Like

Re: Custom Officers And Registered Vehicles by davit: 6:13pm On Sep 09, 2014
fortunejum: How do you know the fake and original custom papers?
Re: Custom Officers And Registered Vehicles by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:06pm On Sep 09, 2014
take leg go custom office ask if your papers are genuine. Don't forget what I said "take leg go"
fortunejum: How do you know the fake and original custom papers?

2 Likes

Re: Custom Officers And Registered Vehicles by chucky234(m): 8:28pm On Sep 09, 2014
GAZZUZZ: take leg go custom office ask if your papers are genuine. Don't forget what I said "take leg go"
LMAO

(1) (Reply)

Most Number Plates In Ibadan Are Lagos Number,why? / At 227000 miles , i have some questions about my 2000 Camry / Pictures From A Racing Event Eleko Motor Race Held Last Saturday.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.