Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,292 members, 7,818,989 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:36 AM

At 227000 miles , i have some questions about my 2000 Camry - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / At 227000 miles , i have some questions about my 2000 Camry (1611 Views)

Some Questions To Ask An Installer Before Installing A Car Tracker In Your Car. / A BMW Made From Recycled Parts Goes 994 Miles On A Single Charge-Sets New Record / My 2000 Toyota Seinna Is Emitting Black Smoke And Starts When Car Is Cold (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

At 227000 miles , i have some questions about my 2000 Camry by patlead: 11:08am On Dec 29, 2015
Hi all,I have a 2000 Camry that seems to jerk slightly when am on the highway with speed around 90km/h or 60mph or thereabout. I observed that when this happens I can hardly increase my speed,this is not a good feeling,what could be wrong?

2.I had the tie rods changed, do I need to go for a wheel balancing and alignment?

3.my AC works better when I allow air from outside to come into the car, the moment I press the 'recirulate' button its usually not so cold.whats causing this?

4.Also,when I change the ac direction selector to blow into the car from under neath the dash,the ac is very cold but the challenge with this direction is that the cold air can hardly reach the occupants of the car.however,when I change the direction of the ac to come out from the vents on the dash,I hear a whistling sound,like the air is having a hard time coming out and it takes a very long time before the occupants begin to feel the cool air.what do I need to do?

Thanks in anticipation of your responses
Re: At 227000 miles , i have some questions about my 2000 Camry by honmusa(m): 1:11pm On Dec 29, 2015
patlead:
Hi all,I have a 2000 Camry that seems to jerk slightly when am on the highway with speed around 90km/h or 60mph or thereabout. I observed that when this happens I can hardly increase my speed,this is not a good feeling,what could be wrong?

2.I had the tie rods changed, do I need to go for a wheel balancing and alignment?

3.my AC works better when I allow air from outside to come into the car, the moment I press the 'recirulate' button its usually not so cold.whats causing this?

4.Also,when I change the ac direction selector to blow into the car from under neath the dash,the ac is very cold but the challenge with this direction is that the cold air can hardly reach the occupants of the car.however,when I change the direction of the ac to come out from the vents on the dash,I hear a whistling sound,like the air is having a hard time coming out and it takes a very long time before the occupants begin to feel the cool air.what do I need to do?

Thanks in anticipation of your responses
this can be due to obstruction in your exhaust flow that is creating unnecessary back pressure which is the reason you are expressing jerking at high speed
This can be due to blocked cat or you have low fuel flow pressure .note that your check engine light might not even illuminate to flag this issue
you will need to run some diagnostics on your car to able to ascertain this issue properly.
call autologic @ 08061166316 to run this diagnostics.
Re: At 227000 miles , i have some questions about my 2000 Camry by GAZZUZZ(m): 5:33pm On Dec 29, 2015
Could be a simple misfire, have you scanned?

Check all spark plugs replace as a set if necessary.

A scan would lead you in the right direction.
Re: At 227000 miles , i have some questions about my 2000 Camry by patlead: 6:12pm On Dec 29, 2015
No I have not.I would get that done.no response on the ac and alignment issues highlighted?
Re: At 227000 miles , i have some questions about my 2000 Camry by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:41am On Dec 30, 2015
You need alignment.

A.c. No comment it needs prayers.
Re: At 227000 miles , i have some questions about my 2000 Camry by chisunday(m): 8:06am On Dec 30, 2015
My brother its exactly what am experiencing with my CAMRY 2000 V6 MODEL that you are describing here, I also need help house.

Anybody with a solution should call me on 07036675980. or send a number to call. Thanks
Re: At 227000 miles , i have some questions about my 2000 Camry by patlead: 8:36am On Dec 30, 2015
GAZZUZZ:
You need alignment.

A.c. No comment it needs prayers.

i thought you were a petrol head, is it that the AC issue cannot be resolved? kindly expantiate.
Re: At 227000 miles , i have some questions about my 2000 Camry by Lexusgs430: 9:16am On Dec 30, 2015
patlead:

i thought you were a petrol head, is it that the AC issue cannot be resolved? kindly expantiate.

To find out why your vehicles ac vents is blowing incorrectly. The dashboard would need removal, has the vents might be obstructed or damaged(also the pipings might be out of sync).
Re: At 227000 miles , i have some questions about my 2000 Camry by patlead: 9:56am On Dec 30, 2015
[quote author=Lexusgs430 post=41474641]

To find out why your vehicles ac vents is blowing incorrectly. The dashboard would need removal, has the vents might be obstructed or damaged(also the pipings might be out of sync). [/quote

now this is a better response. I have had an ac technician check, he said that the ac is working properly, however, he might need to check under the dashboard as it might be a clogged a air cabin filter that is causing the issue.
Re: At 227000 miles , i have some questions about my 2000 Camry by Lexusgs430: 11:31am On Dec 30, 2015
[quote author=patlead post=41475830][/quote]

Ensure you are not requiring the car, on the day of removal.
Could be a full day or 2 days job, dependent on what faults needs rectifying and parts required.
Re: At 227000 miles , i have some questions about my 2000 Camry by patlead: 1:37pm On Dec 30, 2015
Lexusgs430:

Ensure you are not requiring the car, on the day of removal.
Could be a full day or 2 days job, dependent on what faults needs rectifying and parts required.
thank you very much, i will plan around that.

also, do you know if this model of camry has a cabin air filter? i understand that it is only in higher models of toyota cars
Re: At 227000 miles , i have some questions about my 2000 Camry by Nobody: 4:00pm On Dec 30, 2015
There is a spirit controlling your car, go for annointing fast, and was the car dedicated in the church before you started using it, if not go and dedicate the car
Re: At 227000 miles , i have some questions about my 2000 Camry by Lexusgs430: 6:17pm On Dec 30, 2015
patlead:
thank you very much, i will plan around that.

also, do you know if this model of camry has a cabin air filter? i understand that it is only in higher models of toyota cars

The cabin filter is normally located in the glovebox. Open the glovebox and check thoroughly, check sides of inner glovebox for unscrew pegs, if pegs are located unscrew and check inner glovebox compartment.
Re: At 227000 miles , i have some questions about my 2000 Camry by patlead: 9:44pm On Dec 30, 2015
Lexusgs430:

The cabin filter is normally located in the glovebox. Open the glovebox and check thoroughly, check sides of inner glovebox for unscrew pegs, if pegs are located unscrew and check inner glovebox compartment.
i personally will try to change this filter myself,if the situation does not improve after the change,I will have the ac guy check the dash as advised.my only fear is that these guys have a way of altering factory settings of ones vehicle due to their lack of paying attention to details. I try out things myself, when it passes me,I take it to the 'experts'
Re: At 227000 miles , i have some questions about my 2000 Camry by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:19pm On Dec 30, 2015
I may be wrong but I believe camry 2000 does not have a cabin filter.
Re: At 227000 miles , i have some questions about my 2000 Camry by patlead: 11:20pm On Dec 30, 2015
frodow:
There is a spirit controlling your car, go for annointing fast, and was the car dedicated in the church before you started using it, if not go and dedicate the car
just negodu yourself. a car that was used from 42k mileage to almost 250k is bound to need some things to be changed.its called maintenance. My questions are to help me take proactive measures sir.
Re: At 227000 miles , i have some questions about my 2000 Camry by Lexusgs430: 12:01am On Dec 31, 2015
patlead:
i personally will try to change this filter myself,if the situation does not improve after the change,I will have the ac guy check the dash as advised.my only fear is that these guys have a way of altering factory settings of ones vehicle due to their lack of paying attention to details. I try out things myself, when it passes me,I take it to the 'experts'

The cabin filter is very easy to change. But if you intend tackling the dashboard removal yourself be careful not to deploy your airbags.
If it does not have cabin filter, then nothing needs changing.
Re: At 227000 miles , i have some questions about my 2000 Camry by honmusa(m): 3:24am On Dec 31, 2015
chisunday:
My brother its exactly what am experiencing with my CAMRY 2000 V6 MODEL that you are describing here, I also need help house.

Anybody with a solution should call me on 07036675980. or send a number to call. Thanks
Call autologic @ 08061166316
Re: At 227000 miles , i have some questions about my 2000 Camry by patlead: 6:52am On Dec 31, 2015
Lexusgs430:

The cabin filter is very easy to change. But if you intend tackling the dashboard removal yourself be careful not to deploy your airbags.
If it does not have cabin filter, then nothing needs changing.
thanks.wil check for glove box.if I don't see anything there,I won't dare touch d dash.the tech guy should do that. Thanks

1 Like

Re: At 227000 miles , i have some questions about my 2000 Camry by luvluvluv: 3:12am On Jan 01, 2016
Am experiencing similar ish with my camry 2000 model v4.... any good technician in benin pls?
Re: At 227000 miles , i have some questions about my 2000 Camry by kingreign(m): 7:43am On Jan 01, 2016
I'm unaware of any cabin filter in 2000 CAMRY, I might be wrong sha...
Re: At 227000 miles , i have some questions about my 2000 Camry by sultaan(m): 8:02am On Jan 01, 2016
Usually there are ducts in the car for circulation check to make sure they are not obstructed

Most probably a bad solenoid or broken vents

(1) (Reply)

Diesel Engine Vs Petrol Engine ??? / Mercedes-benz ML 350 4matic For Sale / The 2019 Toyota Hiace Unveiled (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.