Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,999 members, 7,835,362 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:15 AM

Between The Telecomms And Agric. Sector! - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Between The Telecomms And Agric. Sector! (1263 Views)

Nigerian Agric Sector Receives Investment Commitments Worth $8bn In Five Years / Private Sector Investment In Cement Industry Hits $7bn / How To Secure Agric Loans In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Between The Telecomms And Agric. Sector! by dearie(m): 2:46am On Jul 27, 2006
Currently statistics show that the agricultural sector accounts for monumental economic growth in most countries, but with the emerging trend in the IT World and Telecomms by extension, which sector would you vote more lucrative?
Re: Between The Telecomms And Agric. Sector! by my2cents(m): 3:40am On Jul 27, 2006
I have this conversation with bobos back in naija all the time. I will say that IT in general is more lucrative in the short-term. Long-term however is another story. At the end of the day, nigerians must to chop eba for example. how much for one cup now? We think that working a blue-collar job is beneath us and as such leave them in favor of white-collar jobs, regardless of pay. Lines like "Ol' boy, I be banka o" are very common to hear when I visit. Forget that the "banka" is what we call in the states a teller - someone who dispenses money to customers LOL.

bottomline, as a human, we can go without phones, without the internet, without buying new clothes or moving to a new house. However, we cannot go without food. Think of it this way - if Agric weren't lucrative, what are all those white guys who left Zimbabwe doing in kwara?

My 2 cents as always smiley
Re: Between The Telecomms And Agric. Sector! by abujabooks(f): 1:28am On Jan 28, 2008
Agriculture is better.
Re: Between The Telecomms And Agric. Sector! by poske(m): 11:21pm On Jan 28, 2008
Telecom
This sector is much cheaper to enter, think about it most of your asset is based on traffic, so all you need is equipment to capture that traffic and then license to protect you legally some fancy adverts and you are good to go.

Agriculture
In agriculture first and foremost you do not make money on the first day, it takes time. Now during that time you could easily lose everything based on pests or weather e.t.c Not the mention the crippling amount of money needed to move a stone in this sector.

Finally in a recession- economy we will continue to eat but make less calls. So agriculture is a much safer investment when you exclude natural problems. Hey i feel a lot of naija folks should be farming, especially all those ladies selling vouchers what a waist of quality labour.

(1) (Reply)

Ikeja Hotels Offer / Vono Vs Vitafoam / Pls Help Me With Ur Paypal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.