Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,767 members, 7,831,470 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 07:13 PM

The Village Girl - Literature (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Village Girl (109574 Views)

Adventures Of The Village Idiot / The Village Boy... / The Village Boy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Village Girl by Aliyuozioma(f): 1:40pm On Oct 09, 2014
very sweeting still followin
Re: The Village Girl by DanWrites(m): 1:48pm On Oct 09, 2014
EPISODE 19

'Richard, did you just slap me? Over some smelling bush girl?' Cynthia looked more disappointed than upset.

She threw her items to the couch and stormed off into their room.

Richard dropped on the couch and sank deep into it. His heart was racing and he felt dizzy. He leaned out of the chair and buried his face in his hands.

Stella crept away.

The sound of rolling plastic wheels on tiled floor jerked Richard alert.

Cynthia's eyes scanned the space. 'Stella!'

'Stella!'

'Ma!'

'Take this downstairs.'

Stella's eyes grew wider. 'Ma?'

'I said take the box downstairs!'

Stella began to roll the tall box away.

Richard stood up. He felt a sharp icy quiver and nearly lost balance.

Cynthia opened her hand bag and started throwing the items she left on the couch inside. Her set of white headphones went in last.

'Baby.' Richard made to hold her.

She pushed his hand away and disappeared through the door.

That night when she called Vanessa from her room in her father's house in GRA Ikeja and told her what had happened, what Stella had told her and how Richard had slapped her 'on top of it', Vanessa did not get mad.

She only asked her to calm down that she would come by and see her tomorrow.

But the most surprising thing was that Vanessa went to see Richard first.

2 Likes

Re: The Village Girl by uniknet: 1:54pm On Oct 09, 2014
Ahhh. First to read. Vanessa na vely vely dangerous girl o. Imagine.. Fingers crossed. But oga dan this updateee short o. grin

1 Like

Re: The Village Girl by anasbeaut(f): 3:59pm On Oct 09, 2014
Vanessa is riking Richard, Stella is riking Richard. Richard is a hotting cake. Oga Dan more o.
Team Mma/Richard
Re: The Village Girl by Kingso23: 5:45pm On Oct 09, 2014
Oga Dan writing this one e too smalling ooo

#teamfeedusmore#

I'm Kingso ®…
Re: The Village Girl by onosj(f): 6:37pm On Oct 09, 2014
Oga Dan dis update too shot na, any way weldone!!!..
Re: The Village Girl by Kingso23: 6:38pm On Oct 09, 2014
Kingso23:
Oga Dan writing this one e too smalling ooo

#teamfeedusmore#

I'm Kingso ®…

MODIFIED cheesy
Re: The Village Girl by oghenekome51(f): 7:22pm On Oct 09, 2014
I smell trouble with this vanessa of a girl o but una no try at all, nobody seeing me here, nobody askin of me, is it good? Oga dan biko, givin us more food o........
Re: The Village Girl by Niwdog(m): 7:29pm On Oct 09, 2014
These lichard allru of you are shaling,you girls should remembeling there is God'ooo..in the voice of ogonma in the bleeding tree:'these girl is vely vely wickediing oo'
Re: The Village Girl by DanWrites(m): 7:30pm On Oct 09, 2014
EPISODE 20

Stella opened the door for her.

'Good morning, Ma.'

'Where is your master?'

'Oga is in his room.'

Richard came out wearing his long sleeping robe which
Cynthia often teased him that he looked like a magician from Middle Earth in it. He finally stopped wearing the garment but he did not allow Cynthia to throw it away like she did any of his wearables she asked him to stop wearing.

'Oh my god, Richard you look so stressed out.'

'How are you, Vanessa?' Richard said. He tried to smile but failed. His entire face was without life, like when one had drank poison and just waiting for death.

He sat down and Vanessa quickly joined him in the couch.

'Richard, you look awful really.' Her hand was on his thigh.

Richard tried again to smile. It was more productive this time, at least. 'I'm ok.'

'Oh no, you are not. I mean look at you.' She reached to straighten the collar of his garment.

Richard nodded, projecting a near moronic face.

'Don't worry, we'll get you back in no time. It's just a minor complication. Things will be okay.'

Richard so wanted to ask her what in god's name she was saying or even what she had really come to do, but he dithered.

'Here, Ma.'

Vanessa turned to collect the wine glass from Stella. Her face twisted. 'And you, you are the maid, are you not?'

'Yes.'

'Why did you tell your Madam that your master slept in Mma's room. Is that part of your job, gbo?'

Stella went still like rock.

Richard's brows rose at her. 'Stella, did you say anything to your Madam?'

Stella was shivering and stammering.

After Richard barked at her to go inside and pack her things and she entered the room, Vanessa rubbed Richard's chest and told him to calm down and not to get himself all worked up again.

'So do you know where the girl is now?' she asked after Richard had settled back in his seat.

'I don't know.'

'She doesn't have a mobile, does she?'

Richard shook his head.

Vanessa sighed. 'This is serious. I must say my friend has acted a bit too irrational. The poor girl was pregnant for god's sake.' Her voice went quieter. 'But then who would blame her?'
She turned to pick her wine glass.

Richard stared at her with expressionless eyes. She was short, yet not small. In fact,one would think twice before calling her short. Maybe on days she wasn't on a high heeled shoe, which was never.
She had clean dark skin like Mma's but then, no one could actually tell because like her friend, make-up was her close relative.

She sipped from her glass. 'I think it's best we go looking for her.'

Slight interest permeated Richard's face. 'We should?'

Vanessa nodded. 'Yes.'

'But where would we start?'

'We can drive to Jibowu. That's where those eastern people go to board bus to the East.'

Those eastern people. Richard wondered if she wasn't from the East herself.

'She might have gone since yesterday.'

'Maybe.' She sipped her wine and dropped the glass. 'Or maybe not. She could have missed her bus. And no one actually knows if she had enough cash.'

'Ok.'

'Yes. Go change.'

'Ok.' He rose.

Stella appeared out of the hallway with her bag.

Richard counted her salary and gave her.

'Oga, you must forgive me. I did not--'

'Will you disappear from this place! That's how you people go about breaking homes everywhere. Com'on, si ebea
gbafuo osiso!'

She hissed and crossed her legs.

Richard walked quietly into the room.
Re: The Village Girl by Niwdog(m): 7:36pm On Oct 09, 2014
It is a nicing thing that stella is reaving the house
Re: The Village Girl by doctorgold(m): 7:37pm On Oct 09, 2014
I liking wat happening to Stella but this Vanessa girl, i smelling rat with her ooo. I waiting and looking the next happening sha.
Re: The Village Girl by Onemansquad(m): 8:12pm On Oct 09, 2014
Hmm dis vanessa girl na smart gal oo she wants outsmart evrybdy
*stella is out of d game...mma is out also bt wil she b bak??Hmm cynthia i pity u

#i jst hope ladies wil learn frm dix story *some frnds are vipers*
Re: The Village Girl by seunviju(f): 8:46pm On Oct 09, 2014
So it is becausing venessa wanting to having something with Richard she is giving her friend bading advise.But as for Stella I am happing oga has senting her away.Thanking you for the updating DanWrites
Re: The Village Girl by ThaRuthlxx7: 7:02am On Oct 10, 2014
.ennnhhh issok
Re: The Village Girl by codedbaby(f): 8:08am On Oct 10, 2014
Vanessa is wanting troubling oooo. I smelling hot wahaling
Re: The Village Girl by Fatalveli(m): 8:47am On Oct 10, 2014
Omo! Dat Richard must be prince charming ooo, wey 4 girls are fighting to marry!
Re: The Village Girl by pricelesslove(f): 9:12am On Oct 10, 2014
finally I have caught up with u guys. I love this story keep it coming

1 Like

Re: The Village Girl by DanWrites(m): 9:32am On Oct 10, 2014
Thanks for commenting, Y'all.

Update coming shortly.
Re: The Village Girl by DanWrites(m): 10:07am On Oct 10, 2014
EPISODE 21

Blinding rays of early morning sun hit her face and she opened her eyes.

She rose and folded her Ghana-Must-Go which she had used as pillow to her belly.

She put one palm to her mouth and yawned. Her head ached badly. It could have been hunger.

She finally rose and picked her wrapper.

She must hurry to be sure she did not miss her bus again.

The only transport line she knew and trusted was 'The Young' and because it'd taken quite a time for her to get the direction to the park yesterday, she'd missed the last bus.

She was informed the last bus just loaded and left only some minutes ago.

All attempts made by the desperate bus-loaders to get her to enter another bus went futile.

Mma would not listen. She had come with 'The Young', the same bus will take her back.

She finally spread her wrapper beside a silent vehicle when it was night and slept. When she gets to the village, she would tell any ear that cared to listen all about the city that never sleeps.

On her way to the The Young's station, she saw a food seller by the corner of the road. She was very hungry so she stopped.

About four coolers, each of various size and color, were on the table. The ones with stew or soup had oil stains on them.
Behind, two benches lay facing each other. They were occupied by loud hungry customers.

The food seller, a fair, fat lady in an oil- stained dark-blue apron was spooning rice, beans, spaghetti, kpomo into plates, as the customers directed.

Often, a customer dropped an empty plate, picked a sachet of cold water or toothpick and then paid the woman before walking away.
Another would take the space.

The food seller handed the newest customer a plate of rice, beans and stew.

'Madam, I said kpomo twenty-naira.'

'Twenty-naira kpomo don finish.'

'So? Who go come pay for this one?'

The woman jerked the plate from him and transfered the kpomo into a plate.

Mma greeted her.

'Morning.'

'I wanting to buy rice.'

'How much rice?'

'Putting one plate for me.'

'One plate, how much?'

Mma was confused.

'Madam Fuji, give me seventy-naira rice, thirty-naira spaghetti and fifty-naira beans with one strong kpomo,' a new customer that has just sat said.

When Madam Fuji finished with him, Mma quickly said, 'Ok, putting seventy-naira rice and fifty-naira beans for me.'

The woman scooped some beans onto the rice. 'What else?'

'Putting meat for me.'

'Kpomo or beef?'

'No, I not wanting canda. Putting meat.'

'Anything else?'

'Everything how much now?'

'One-seventy.'

'Ok. Putting plantain thirty-naira to completing it two-hundred.'

A customer shifted for her and she sat.

She had finished her food and drank some water before she opened the zipper of her bag to bring out money to pay.

She saw nothing.
Re: The Village Girl by Nobody: 10:29am On Oct 10, 2014
DanWrites:

Eya...please if you seeing Mma helping her changing clothes o
I seeing Mma with drying clothes sleeping in park but Mma losting money to paying for already chopping food.
Re: The Village Girl by pheranmyy(f): 10:40am On Oct 10, 2014
haa wetin carry am
Re: The Village Girl by Onemansquad(m): 10:48am On Oct 10, 2014
"Welcome To Lagos" Mma don enta one chance be dat oo grin
Re: The Village Girl by princesssusan(f): 10:59am On Oct 10, 2014
Omo eleyi gidigan
Re: The Village Girl by doctorgold(m): 1:20pm On Oct 10, 2014
Oh no!!! Na washing plate things be that o. I feeling so sorrying for Mma o. Oga, abeg what happening next?. This story is too sweet to be expecting ooo.
Re: The Village Girl by pricelesslove(f): 2:12pm On Oct 10, 2014
poor girl, I pity her. good work dear. more gress to ur elbow
Re: The Village Girl by Kingso23: 3:17pm On Oct 10, 2014
...abeg shift small mke i waka go front

I'm Kingso™√√
Re: The Village Girl by Fatalveli(m): 3:24pm On Oct 10, 2014
Trouble dey lurking ahead 4 Mma ooo! Abeg sumbody shud comin to saving her ooo
Re: The Village Girl by Kingso23: 3:25pm On Oct 10, 2014
omo see gobe, my Mma is entering trouble with garage woman ooo shocked shocked shocked

I'm Kingso ™√√
Re: The Village Girl by DanWrites(m): 4:09pm On Oct 10, 2014
Thanks you'll.

Your hilarious comments made my day.
Re: The Village Girl by labaski(f): 4:33pm On Oct 10, 2014
eehwoo!!! my mma is getting in troubling ooo..who will saving her now? Richard should reaching d garage fasting fasting ooo..if not ehn mma will crying like sometin else..
Re: The Village Girl by ThaRuthlxx7: 4:39pm On Oct 10, 2014
™ so wahala don dy search for persn thru guugu... E no get hw e be she must survive

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (28) (Reply)

Memorable Stories From Your English Primary Books!!! / Secrets Of the gods / Securing The Bag (The Lagos Hustle)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.