Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,130 members, 7,811,194 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:00 AM

Your Top 5 Nigerian Albums Of All Time - Music/Radio (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Your Top 5 Nigerian Albums Of All Time (18884 Views)

The 10 Best Nigerian Albums Of 2015 / Most Highly Anticipated Albums Of 2016 / Best Nigerian Albums Of The Decade (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Your Top 5 Nigerian Albums Of All Time by Nobody: 9:18am On Sep 10, 2014
ejiro2130:

Bros of all places you wan go school for Sudan? ?

No where nigerians no the enter angry

Hehehe.
Its also a hotspot naw
Re: Your Top 5 Nigerian Albums Of All Time by Nobody: 9:19am On Sep 10, 2014
2face: face 2 face
2face: grass 2 grace
2face: the unstoppable
2face: away and beyond
2face: the ascension

7 Likes

Re: Your Top 5 Nigerian Albums Of All Time by Ghost01(m): 9:27am On Sep 10, 2014
Asa - Asa;
2 Face - Grass 2 Grace;
Styl Plus - Expressions;
Wande Coal - Mushin2Mohits;
9ice - Gongo Aso.

2 Likes

Re: Your Top 5 Nigerian Albums Of All Time by Ghost01(m): 9:33am On Sep 10, 2014
WanaG: Not one named Styl Plus' Expressions? Sad.
I have. It's a perfectly perfect album. Love it!

1 Like

Re: Your Top 5 Nigerian Albums Of All Time by MrRoYCe(m): 9:33am On Sep 10, 2014
1. Asa---Asa
2. M.I---Talk About It
3. 9ice---Gongo Aso
4. 2face---Grass 2 Grace
5. Wande Coal--- Mushin 2 Mo'hit

1 Like

Re: Your Top 5 Nigerian Albums Of All Time by chuckdee4(m): 9:34am On Sep 10, 2014
firstolalekan: 1- Oga at the top
2- Daris god o
3- GEJ till 2019 (till una get sense)
4- Ebola buchi
5- Bokoharam bomb
tongue tongue tongue

Must people joke about everything.
This same Ebola and Boko Haram has killed thousands of people, we should learn to be a bit more sensitive

2 Likes

Re: Your Top 5 Nigerian Albums Of All Time by hadunihade(m): 9:45am On Sep 10, 2014
2face-grass 2 grace
Faze-independent
Wizkid-superstar
MI-mi 2
9ice-tradition

1 Like

Re: Your Top 5 Nigerian Albums Of All Time by hadunihade(m): 9:46am On Sep 10, 2014
chuckdee4:

Must people joke about everything.
This same Ebola and Boko Haram has killed thousands of people, we should learn to be a bit more sensitive
Tell dem abeg
Re: Your Top 5 Nigerian Albums Of All Time by Moblord(m): 9:48am On Sep 10, 2014
Mention:
A Rap Addict I guess?
sure
Re: Your Top 5 Nigerian Albums Of All Time by purplekayc(m): 9:48am On Sep 10, 2014
Cant see yahoozee there oo .make una help me.
Re: Your Top 5 Nigerian Albums Of All Time by Ryabcool(m): 9:54am On Sep 10, 2014
1. D'Banj - Run Down/Funk You Up
2. 9ice - Gongo Aso
3. M.I - Talk About It
4. Asa - Asa
5. Craig David - Born To Do It

feel like mentioning more but i don't wanna do oversabi. So yeah, thats my top 5 smiley
Re: Your Top 5 Nigerian Albums Of All Time by Louislewis: 9:57am On Sep 10, 2014
Clearly, the industry has been on a steady roll of "Garbage and Trash".

1 Like

Re: Your Top 5 Nigerian Albums Of All Time by Nobody: 10:02am On Sep 10, 2014
Funbii: uhmm nigerian album? none, sorry
didn't u read b4 commenting?

1 Like

Re: Your Top 5 Nigerian Albums Of All Time by chinex276(m): 10:05am On Sep 10, 2014
My top 5
1. CHINYERE UDOMA- celebration time.
2. PHYNO-no gut no glory.
3. TUFACE IDIBIA-grace 2 grace.
4. WHIZKID-superstar.
5. JESSE JAGS-THY NATION COME.

1 Like

Re: Your Top 5 Nigerian Albums Of All Time by icekidgodfrey(m): 10:15am On Sep 10, 2014
stam101: The year 2014 has seen the release of albums like Yung6ix 6ix O’ Clock, Ajebutter22 Anytime Soon, Phyno No Guts No Glory, Sean Tizzle The Journey, Triple MG The Evolution, FalzTheBahdGuy Wazup Guy, 2face Idibia The Ascension, Asa Bed Of Stone and most recently, Cool DJ Jimmy Jatt’s The Industry Volume 1. Oh! Dammy Krane The Enterkraner too (lest I forget).

While we await Yemi Alade, MI, Eva, perhaps Praiz, may be Wande Coal or even Skales and
more others who have kept mum on the matter, it’s been confirmed already that P-Square will be giving us Double Trouble in a matter of hours as like Wizkid’s Ayo (Joy) who we can’t wait to grab oven fresh and hot copies of.

Clearly, the industry has been on a steady roll and it doesn’t look like they’re about to take a pause. So in this regard, we’re asking y’all to share with us, Your Top 5 Albums of ALL TIME!

Let’s make this fun… It’s a no-holds-barred affair… Think far back as albums in your birth year… And share them with us! To set the ball rolling, here’s ours.

My Top 5 are:
1. 2face Idibia – Away & Beyond
2. Asa – Asa (Asha)
3. MI – MI2
4. Dagrin – CEO
5. Wizkid – Superstar

I had Asa, MI2, CEO
I think Banky's W Experience should make the list too... Let's not forget Eedris' "Jaga Jaga" everybody had it! B-)
Re: Your Top 5 Nigerian Albums Of All Time by kunleben1: 10:28am On Sep 10, 2014
my top 5 albums

1.wande coal- mohits to mushin ( i so much cherished this album that i specially keep it clean and safe in my wardrobe and only bring it out when im in the mood to listen to it again.
2.da grin- C.E.O- same as above
3.Lord of ajasa-3rd avenue (like styl plus 'expression', this album was really worked hard upon but the death of dagrin killed its popularity. all the songs were beautifully composed, mastered and produced. i feel sorry of ajasa as he didnt make much profits like the first album)
4. tuface innocent idibia- face2face (in fact, all tuface albums have always made it to my shelf. he is my all time favourite artist)
5. wizkid- superstar (when he was still truly a kid by voice with the 'w' factor obvious in virtually all the tracks)

3 Likes

Re: Your Top 5 Nigerian Albums Of All Time by Nobody: 10:33am On Sep 10, 2014
KiddaBlingzz: can you sing?
No!

Do I know good music when I hear one? Yes!

Again I say, Nigerian music is crap!

1 Like

Re: Your Top 5 Nigerian Albums Of All Time by 9janaweOwn: 10:35am On Sep 10, 2014
2baba: grass to grace
The songs in that album are evergreen songs

3 Likes

Re: Your Top 5 Nigerian Albums Of All Time by georgee(m): 10:35am On Sep 10, 2014
WAISU AYINDE- FUJI FUSION 1998
WASIU AYINDE- REFLECTION 1997
WASIU AYINDE- HISTORY 1995
WASIU AYINDE- TALAZO DISCO 1984 (IYAWO ELESE OSUN)
WASIU AYINDE- INSTINCT 2012

1 Like

Re: Your Top 5 Nigerian Albums Of All Time by goodgood2(m): 10:42am On Sep 10, 2014
1 Styl-Plus- Call My Name
2 Asa- Asa
3 Tuface- Unstoppable
4 MI - MI 1
5 Face- Face Alone

1 Like

Re: Your Top 5 Nigerian Albums Of All Time by Nobody: 10:52am On Sep 10, 2014
DollyParton1: Beautiful nubia: jangbalajugbu.
The only album in which I love the whole song in the album collection.
I just love artists and songs..... randomly.
I remain ever loyal to my very old school musicians...... the likes of obey, sunny ade, shina Peters, Onyeka Onwenu etc....
Dts MI lady. Old skool. All the way...If na to mention my old skool albums of all tyms I go mention dt 1, but for this our generation of artistes wit their so called music albums. Av got a distaste for dem. #teamoldskoolmusic#
Re: Your Top 5 Nigerian Albums Of All Time by makazona(m): 10:53am On Sep 10, 2014
Sir Rex Lawson- All songs
Osita Osadebe-All songs
2face-Grace to grass
Dare- Un"darey"ted
Phyno-NGNG

2 Likes

Re: Your Top 5 Nigerian Albums Of All Time by Nobody: 10:55am On Sep 10, 2014
georgee: WAISU AYINDE- FUJI FUSION 1998
WASIU AYINDE- REFLECTION 1997
WASIU AYINDE- HISTORY 1995
WASIU AYINDE- TALAZO DISCO 1984 (IYAWO ELESE OSUN)
WASIU AYINDE- INSTINCT 2012
Oshe omo iya. U sabi beta music. Wa gbayii. I gbadaun peepz lyk U who sabi correct music.

1 Like

Re: Your Top 5 Nigerian Albums Of All Time by Sirjohn84(m): 11:00am On Sep 10, 2014
sebali: Plantation boiz-body and soul
2baba-grass to grace
2baba-unstoppable(vol 1 & 2)
M.I: MI2
OJB -No Drama.

Btw.....afta all d postings here......i am tempted to go gt jesse jags songs.......i neva rili listened to him save for d song he did with wizkid
yea.d guy is gud.get d album..Royal niger company vol 1..
Re: Your Top 5 Nigerian Albums Of All Time by kliq(m): 11:04am On Sep 10, 2014
2FACE - FACE 2 FACE
PLANTASHUN BOIZ - BODY AND SOUL
BLACK FACE - GHETTO CHILD
TIMAYA - GIFT AND GRACE
2FACE - GRASS 2 GRACE

1 Like

Re: Your Top 5 Nigerian Albums Of All Time by Nobody: 11:09am On Sep 10, 2014
Lovetinz: Sweet Mother -Prince Nico Mbaga
Board Members - Ebenezer Obey
Crisis -Mandators
Sade Adu- Smooth Operator
Correct Guy
Re: Your Top 5 Nigerian Albums Of All Time by georgee(m): 11:14am On Sep 10, 2014
zenopee:
Oshe omo iya. U sabi beta music. Wa gbayii. I gbadaun peepz lyk U who sabi correct music.
Yes OOO, I knew 1 was gonna meet ma broda from anoda mother hia..Awo ti K1 oloko nla t'obi omo pupo grin grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Your Top 5 Nigerian Albums Of All Time by mpowa(m): 11:26am On Sep 10, 2014
One thing is obvious from all these lists, our musician are no more producing quality albums again, most ppl's top five are produced btw 5 to 10 years ago. anyways, this is mine

1. Grass to Grace - 2fase
2. Gongo Aso - 9ice
3. Asa - Asa
4. MI2 - MI
5. Psquare - Game Over

1 Like

Re: Your Top 5 Nigerian Albums Of All Time by Nobody: 11:36am On Sep 10, 2014
Tuface - Grass to grace
Asa-Asa
Nneka -No longer at ease
Wande Coal -Mushin to Mo'Hits
Flavour ~Blessed/Uplifted

1 Like

Re: Your Top 5 Nigerian Albums Of All Time by dayosaurus(m): 11:37am On Sep 10, 2014
1. MI - MI2
2. ASA- beautiful imperfections
3. Psquare- get squared
4. 2face- grass 2 grace
5. 9ice- Gongo aso

1 Like

Re: Your Top 5 Nigerian Albums Of All Time by Dewze(m): 11:37am On Sep 10, 2014
If this thread were to be a pole, here are three names and their albums with the highest mentions so far (in no particular order):

Asa - Asa.
2face Idibia - Grass 2 Grace.
MI - MI2.

And the album with the highest mention and there by the winner is:

TUBABA!!! - GRASS 2 GRACE

3 Likes

Re: Your Top 5 Nigerian Albums Of All Time by lagcity(m): 12:28pm On Sep 10, 2014
Not in any particular order

Coffin for head of state - Fela
Peace Ngieria - Remedies
Tradition - 9ice
9ice Versus - 9ice
I.K Dairo

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Kirk Anthony Of Smooth FM Is Dead / Who Is Your Favourite On-air Presenter On Lagos Radio? / Ani Pakabara- Lyrics Hot And Touching

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.