Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,454 members, 7,830,251 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:38 PM

"Like" Feature Temporarily Disabled For Experiment - Nairaland / General (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / "Like" Feature Temporarily Disabled For Experiment (15561 Views)

The Banana Experiment / Posting Will Be Disabled For A Few Hours / Why Was Posting Disabled For Some Time Today 27/8/2006? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Go Down)

Re: "Like" Feature Temporarily Disabled For Experiment by RuffRhyder(m): 1:28pm On Sep 10, 2014
wink Are you looking for your like feature? Its with me.

Don't worry, I will return it when an done with my experiment. Okay? cool
Re: "Like" Feature Temporarily Disabled For Experiment by Ferdinandu(m): 1:28pm On Sep 10, 2014
mencade5: bring back our likes

about to sell my likes.

Likes are like food to all nairalander.

No more frontpage comment until the like button come up again.

All those boys liking ladies pix anyhow. God don catch una oooo
I know you are top of the list that is why you concluded that it is only boys that like ladies pics
Re: "Like" Feature Temporarily Disabled For Experiment by 573V31D(m): 1:29pm On Sep 10, 2014
Seun: No, we want you to use the share button to share posts that are worth sharing, so that great comments will flow through the follower network.
if u ask me, i will tel u d like button is far more important...its shows a sense of acceptance as regards d topic. Infact i check d number of likes b4 reading a long post. IMO please #bringbackourlikes asap
Re: "Like" Feature Temporarily Disabled For Experiment by 360command: 1:29pm On Sep 10, 2014
To like this post, Click Share.
Re: "Like" Feature Temporarily Disabled For Experiment by darisgod(m): 1:29pm On Sep 10, 2014
Uncle Seun

Abeg give us dislike button

Some useless post n comment need it

Thanks
Re: "Like" Feature Temporarily Disabled For Experiment by ihedinobi2: 1:31pm On Sep 10, 2014
Applause!!!!!!!

Now that's one development I like. smiley
Re: "Like" Feature Temporarily Disabled For Experiment by Idrismusty97(m): 1:31pm On Sep 10, 2014
cirmuell: why not do it like this...let us be able to share with people of choice (i mean even those that are not following us) by just searching for someone you want to share with and then tick a radio button beside their names or something. Just saying tho.
I agree with this post. I usually drop a "like" on posts like this if the feature is available. I don't have to share it.
Re: "Like" Feature Temporarily Disabled For Experiment by cirmuell(m): 1:31pm On Sep 10, 2014
And Seun pls remember that not all followers will be interested in what you care to share, reason why most people don't share with there followers.
Re: "Like" Feature Temporarily Disabled For Experiment by strongboi(m): 1:33pm On Sep 10, 2014
#bringbackourlikebutton
Re: "Like" Feature Temporarily Disabled For Experiment by mencade5(m): 1:33pm On Sep 10, 2014
Ferdinandu: I know you are top of the list that is why you concluded that it is only boys that like ladies pics

i dont do that. We can tell the moderators to check our record for clarity.

Bro repent from this liking habit
Re: "Like" Feature Temporarily Disabled For Experiment by Nobody: 1:33pm On Sep 10, 2014
Must u share every comment?
Re: "Like" Feature Temporarily Disabled For Experiment by HARDDON: 1:37pm On Sep 10, 2014
life without the like button is like driving a car without a horn!

so many people up in here be clicking on 'share' mistaken for 'like'
Re: "Like" Feature Temporarily Disabled For Experiment by Adeoba10(m): 1:38pm On Sep 10, 2014
QMark: How can I like this post? grin

Thank you for the info. At least for not leaving me to wonder who stole the 'like' button on my system.

If no be for the jobless Abbey2sam and hernars, I for be 1st to comment. Na joke o. grin
1 Like
Re: "Like" Feature Temporarily Disabled For Experiment by Sylverly(m): 1:39pm On Sep 10, 2014
Isiterere: nice one

ALL IZZ WELL
guy..hv u watchd the movie "3 idiots"?
Re: "Like" Feature Temporarily Disabled For Experiment by anathemiamia(f): 1:39pm On Sep 10, 2014
i saw many comments in this thread i would have liked but i definitely dont want to share. Seun.... abeg think things through before making changes like that. Do quick and end this experiment jor
Re: "Like" Feature Temporarily Disabled For Experiment by anathemiamia(f): 1:39pm On Sep 10, 2014
Adeoba10:
1 Like

Anathemiamia liked your like

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "Like" Feature Temporarily Disabled For Experiment by anathemiamia(f): 1:42pm On Sep 10, 2014
Seun: Fellow Nairaland Members,

You may have noticed that you can no longer "like" posts. This is because we temporarily disabled the feature as part of an experiment.

We plan to bring it back as soon as the experiment is complete, though that outcome also depends on the result of the experiment.

Please bear with us; we do not mean to inconvenience you.

PS: Please use the share button to share posts that are worth sharing, so that great posts will flow through the follower network.

if there were a like button, how many "likes" would you have gotten compared to the shares. smh. Seun. You might need me on your team soon
Re: "Like" Feature Temporarily Disabled For Experiment by Seun(m): 1:44pm On Sep 10, 2014
anathemiamia: if there were a like button, how many "likes" would you have gotten compared to the shares. smh. Seun. You might need me on your team soon
We know we don't know everything, hence the experiments and constant incorporation of feedback. What suggestions do you have for us?
Re: "Like" Feature Temporarily Disabled For Experiment by Idrismusty97(m): 1:45pm On Sep 10, 2014
anathemiamia: i saw many comments in this thread i would have liked but i definitely dont want to share. Seun.... abeg think things through before making changes like that. Do quick and end this experiment jor
I have no choice but to share your post. #BringBackOurLikes #AndTakeTheShare smiley
Re: "Like" Feature Temporarily Disabled For Experiment by anathemiamia(f): 1:46pm On Sep 10, 2014
Seun:
We know we don't know everything, hence the experiments and constant incorporation of feedback. What suggestions do you have for us?

Public sentiments matter a lot. Too much hate on NL for now so no dislike button yet. Bring back our likes.
Set up a way the site would read a duplicate post so you'd have to consciously duplicate a post.

Modified.
I also miss polls. Very much. Election is coming. Now is a good time to bring it back and watch politics section burn
Re: "Like" Feature Temporarily Disabled For Experiment by amanze15(m): 1:46pm On Sep 10, 2014
olaeffect: Was thinking that my iPhone6 had fault ni. grin

Thank God!!!
grin grin grin grin grin grin i just order my own
Re: "Like" Feature Temporarily Disabled For Experiment by jogsman01(m): 1:47pm On Sep 10, 2014
[quote author=anthoniosp] signs of end time.... for the likeness and love ness amongst thee and thy brethren shall be taken away..and ye all shall like no more...zebrudiah 56 vs 345.......
you try.......... Signs of end time indeed......
Re: "Like" Feature Temporarily Disabled For Experiment by HARDDON: 1:51pm On Sep 10, 2014
anathemiamia: i saw many comments in this thread i would have liked but i definitely dont want to share. Seun.... abeg think things through before making changes like that. Do quick and end this experiment jor

woke up and noticed NL suddenly became a test rat.....

Ehm Seun, what ever test you are carrying out should have been done on your offline version and not the live one.

cant imagine , the only small choice of a voice we got, since you wouldnt give a dislike button, is been experimented on with a possibility of it not ever returning!

i am a staunch bliva in tweaking, and looking for better ways of doing old things, but i also wouldnt spread my cloths on d drying line for the elements when i can dry with the WM indoors

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: "Like" Feature Temporarily Disabled For Experiment by olaeffect(m): 1:51pm On Sep 10, 2014
johnstar: taaaa

I have a dream that one day haters shall be.....
Re: "Like" Feature Temporarily Disabled For Experiment by busky101(m): 1:54pm On Sep 10, 2014
573V31D: if u ask me, i will tel u d like button is far more important...its shows a sense of acceptance as regards d topic. Infact i check d number of likes b4 reading a long post. IMO please #bringbackourlikes asap
ur comment is worth liking....oga seun shuld just bring back the likes button with the dislike feature too
Re: "Like" Feature Temporarily Disabled For Experiment by johnstar(m): 1:55pm On Sep 10, 2014
olaeffect:

I have a dream that one day haters shall be.....
wetn dey do u, y u come dey reason wit ur anus
Re: "Like" Feature Temporarily Disabled For Experiment by Lamborghini(m): 1:55pm On Sep 10, 2014
Seun pls bring back the likes and also add dislike button then put a function for us to see who likes and dislikes our posts.
Re: "Like" Feature Temporarily Disabled For Experiment by Tval(m): 1:55pm On Sep 10, 2014
Oga Seun, my notification feature has stopped working, I am no more notified whenever someone mentions my name.
Re: "Like" Feature Temporarily Disabled For Experiment by Tomjazzy2: 1:56pm On Sep 10, 2014
Gee001: I hope the experiment comes back with an unlike button. Keeping my fingers crossed.
My thoughts exactly. it wil help check the use of abusive and fowl langauges since you wont need to quote any post you find derogatory. all you need do is hit the unlike button. i cant imagine any sane person whose comments recieved so many dislikes to continue being delussional on NL
Re: "Like" Feature Temporarily Disabled For Experiment by olaeffect(m): 1:56pm On Sep 10, 2014
Eyepencil: Shut up

Haters.
Don't worry I use to feel that way about Dangote. Until my story changed, don't loose hope. grin
Re: "Like" Feature Temporarily Disabled For Experiment by Enegod(m): 1:56pm On Sep 10, 2014
#BringBackOurLikeButton!!! angry
Re: "Like" Feature Temporarily Disabled For Experiment by Seun(m): 1:57pm On Sep 10, 2014
Tval: Oga Seun, my notification feature has stopped working, I am no more notified whenever someone mentions my name.
Did you get notified of this?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Homeless Man Feeding On Sacrificial Food In Lagos / PHCN Strike: Do You Have Light In Your Area? / Who Owns Ebeano Supermarket In Lekki Lagos?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.