Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,053 members, 7,814,624 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:24 PM

Iphone 6 Plus VS Galaxy Note Edge: Which To Go For? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Iphone 6 Plus VS Galaxy Note Edge: Which To Go For? (2197 Views)

Samsung Unveils The Galaxy Note Edge With A Curved Screen (Photos) / Samsung Galaxy III Vs Galaxy Note II / Nokia 3310 Vs.galaxy S3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Iphone 6 Plus VS Galaxy Note Edge: Which To Go For? by Debonair01: 3:36pm On Sep 10, 2014
Before i start, i wish to categorically state that, for me, a mobile phone goes beyond just functionality. I generally like the feel and how it makes me feel in turn, more like the kind of shirt i chose to wear.

That said, i am well aware of all the Technos and Giones and all them other products out of china, and how ridiculously cheap they are, so i really dnt need any advice as to that regard.. THANK YOU.

The iPhone 6 were released yesterday and the note 4 about a week ago. I am looking to change my Note 2 in the coming months and i am torn between the above mentioned devices.

Before the launch of iPhone 6 yesterday i was really psyched as to what to expect and all, and my intentions of trying out a new OS for kicks, seeing as i changed from PC to Mac recently. But after the release, i am not overtly impressed as nothing spectacular is in the iPhones other than the increased size. On the other hand, i am quite impressed with the Note edge as iT introduced something out of the ordinary. hence my dilemma.

For my mobile... aside the Juice, which almost all mobile phones have now, i love

The feel
The beauty
How extraordinary (in terms of the technology)
Eco System

SO, lets hear from you guys.... which would you go for? For the sake of this post, lets assume the cost is inconsequential or better still assume you offered both to choose from,

WHICH WOULD YOU RATHER PICK, IPHONE 6PLUS OR GALAXY NOTE EDGE?
Re: Iphone 6 Plus VS Galaxy Note Edge: Which To Go For? by StPete: 4:25pm On Sep 10, 2014
If you truly have a MacBook like you claim to have, you wouldn't need a prophet to tell you what to choose.

Having said that, the iPhone 6 is a unique phone with unique qualities. One of the first things that would make me buy the iPhone 6 is that it is *proof* everything: water, dust, fall etc

Secondly, the iPhone 6 isn't just your regular phone, it is THE Phone! Check out its other qualities on gsmarena.com

I'm a die-hard fan of apple products having bought Macbook pro, iPad, iPhone and iPod. Just this morning, i sold off my iPhone 5 just in preparation for the launch of iPhone 6.

1 Like

Re: Iphone 6 Plus VS Galaxy Note Edge: Which To Go For? by Debonair01: 4:35pm On Sep 10, 2014
StPete: If you truly have a MacBook like you claim to have, you wouldn't need a prophet to tell you what to choose.

Having said that, the iPhone 6 is a unique phone with unique qualities. One of the first things that would make me buy the iPhone 6 is that it is *proof* everything: water, dust, fall etc

Secondly, the iPhone 6 isn't just your regular phone, it is THE Phone! Check out its other qualities on gsmarena.com

I'm a die-hard fan of apple products having bought Macbook pro, iPad, iPhone and iPod. Just this morning, i sold off my iPhone 5 just in preparation for the launch of iPhone 6.

I actually watched the unveiling live last night, coupled with the advantage of an eco system (still barely 6mnths old with my mac tho). But in all honesty (stand to be corrected), i didn't see the iPhone 6 as being very beautiful or extraordinary of which i think the note edge is/might. I guess i would need to get to the shops to feel both phones when they hit the market.

Im not really sure what i was expecting from the Iphone6, bcause, just before the launch, i was certain i wld go Apple, but right now, aint too sure again.

PS: the AppleWatches are very dope tho..... i felt innovation, i felt quality, i felt beauty, things i cnt say exactly about the iPhone6. Fingers crossed tho, lets see reviews frm the coming months.

Anyways, while at it tho... do chk out the note edge (with an open mind tho.. being an apple fan and all wink)

3 Likes

Re: Iphone 6 Plus VS Galaxy Note Edge: Which To Go For? by Bosun13: 7:05pm On Sep 10, 2014
Both r hi end phone. Depend on ur choice.... If u don't like iphone 4,4s,5,5c,5s operating system blf me u cannevr like iphone 6 at dsame tym note 1,2 and note 3 u cannevr like note 4. So; it depend ur choice , like me d reason y i can't buy apple is bcs d product lack file sharing to other phones nd no xterna memory exept that, apple OS is d most fluid OS AV evr use, lag free and very smooth.that's y I choose another OS that more fluid like apple which is blckberry OS which is BB10 q5,q10,z10,Z30 nd xpecting BB passport. So for d note 4 issue belif it or not thr is no hw u can mannage it sooner or later u will experience lagging.
Re: Iphone 6 Plus VS Galaxy Note Edge: Which To Go For? by ejiro2130(m): 9:45pm On Sep 10, 2014
StPete: If you truly have a MacBook like you claim to have, you wouldn't need a prophet to tell you what to choose.

I actually liked your post even before completely reading it, I have never own an iPhone and my last apple product was a pod 2yrs ago but if the op really has a mac as he claims then why on earth will he need an android

1 Like

Re: Iphone 6 Plus VS Galaxy Note Edge: Which To Go For? by Debonair01: 3:46am On Sep 11, 2014
ejiro2130:

I actually liked your post even before completely reading it, I have never own an iPhone and my last apple product was a pod 2yrs ago but if the op really has a mac as he claims then why on earth will he need an android

Been using a note 2 for about 2years and a macbook for way under a year, so, i could safely say i am no die hard fan just yet; not for Android, nor apple. Granted OSes frm apple are very fluid, but just for the same reason i bought the Note 2 when i did (S-Pen) or my N97/E7 before that (slide keypads). I love something different, not just internal specs.

@Boosun, I dnt really care much about sharing nor for expandable storage neither (i dnt have a memory card on my Note 2, had until it started slowing my phone down) With enough cloud storage, i am just ok.

I just love innovation and something different, which is where the Note edge does it for me, but then, for a complete eco system, the push is towards the iPhone (esp since i think i love the apple watch too)

Ps: Talking of different and innovation, y'all should check out the Sharp aquos crystal, and u will understand my kind of preferences in phones. Thankfully it comes quite cheap, so i can afford to buy that as a secondary phone just for kicks

1 Like

Re: Iphone 6 Plus VS Galaxy Note Edge: Which To Go For? by texazzpete(m): 10:41am On Sep 11, 2014
Debonair01:

Been using a note 2 for about 2years and a macbook for way under a year, so, i could safely say i am no die hard fan just yet; not for Android, nor apple. Granted OSes frm apple are very fluid, but just for the same reason i bought the Note 2 when i did (S-Pen) or my N97/E7 before that (slide keypads). I love something different, not just internal specs.

@Boosun, I dnt really care much about sharing nor for expandable storage neither (i dnt have a memory card on my Note 2, had until it started slowing my phone down) With enough cloud storage, i am just ok.

I just love innovation and something different, which is where the Note edge does it for me, but then, for a complete eco system, the push is towards the iPhone (esp since i think i love the apple watch too)

Ps: Talking of different and innovation, y'all should check out the Sharp aquos crystal, and u will understand my kind of preferences in phones. Thankfully it comes quite cheap, so i can afford to buy that as a secondary phone just for kicks

osx Mavericks brings about an unprecedented amount of synergy between iOS and Osx. If you've got a Macbook and run OSX (not like me that 99% of the time is in boot camp Windows 7) it's actually pretty crazy not to go with iOS.

If you're looking for 'innovation', I don't think the Note Edge has anything worthwhile, to be honest. The side screen is a gimmick of very limited utility, to be honest. I don't see any meaningful Dev support and real world utility is extremely limited.
When Android L hits with far richer lockscreen notifications, who the hell Will be taking out their phone from their pockets to look at a scrolling line of ticker text on the Tiny side screen?

If you want real innovation on the Android side, consider a Moto X (2014 edition). Added features from Motorola are far more impressive than the nearly useless edge screen in the Note Edge.

As far as power is concerned, I expect the iPhone 6 to beat out the Edge in raw power. We'll see when benchmarks show up.
Re: Iphone 6 Plus VS Galaxy Note Edge: Which To Go For? by Debonair01: 12:02pm On Sep 11, 2014
texazzpete:

osx Mavericks brings about an unprecedented amount of synergy between iOS and Osx. If you've got a Macbook and run OSX (not like me that 99% of the time is in boot camp Windows 7) it's actually pretty crazy not to go with iOS.

If you're looking for 'innovation', I don't think the Note Edge has anything worthwhile, to be honest. The side screen is a gimmick of very limited utility, to be honest. I don't see any meaningful Dev support and real world utility is extremely limited.
When Android L hits with far richer lockscreen notifications, who the hell Will be taking out their phone from their pockets to look at a scrolling line of ticker text on the Tiny side screen?

If you want real innovation on the Android side, consider a Moto X (2014 edition). Added features from Motorola are far more impressive than the nearly useless edge screen in the Note Edge.

As far as power is concerned, I expect the iPhone 6 to beat out the Edge in raw power. We'll see when benchmarks show up.

Thanks... I actually use maverick almost 99percent of the time with Ubuntu and windows on virtual box - just for some academic SWs i cnt get on OSx, but i rarely use those now tho. Moto X is quite a handsome device, i especially like the body customisation/options (which regrettably i cnt get in my part of the world, only white and black), coupled with the fact that its relatively cheap too.

A lot of folks hv called the strip on the Note edge a gimmick, but some part of me wants to believe its going to be more than just that, i guess one wld have to wait and see about that.
I suppose i shld just go with my guts and fully go Apple. I must confess, i am really enjoying my OSx after years of being with Windows. Its beautiful simplicity really does help me get stuff done. The next couple of weeks wld really help me decide tho, especially when benchmarks are out and they come to shops where one can get to meet and really feel them. Like i said earlier, with my gadgets, its first and foremost about the feel....
Re: Iphone 6 Plus VS Galaxy Note Edge: Which To Go For? by Nobody: 12:24pm On Sep 11, 2014
i use a S5 right now, which i think is not soo different from the S4 aside from the perfect battery life, i consider it a rip off. I saw the iphone6 video yesterday and i feel asides from the size which was introduced and minor adjustment to the camera, its also a rip off. But obe thing that caught my eye is the price for the iphone6 plus, i saw 299$ there, please was that a mistake or thats just the price in the states, cos thats really cheap considering apple's reputation for dropping expensive phones.
Re: Iphone 6 Plus VS Galaxy Note Edge: Which To Go For? by Nobody: 12:36pm On Sep 11, 2014
ibotjaycob: i use a S5 right now, which i think is not soo different from the S4 aside from the perfect battery life, i consider it a rip off. I saw the iphone6 video yesterday and i feel asides from the size which was introduced and minor adjustment to the camera, its also a rip off. But obe thing that caught my eye is the price for the iphone6 plus, i saw 299$ there, please was that a mistake or thats just the price in the states, cos thats really cheap considering apple's reputation for dropping expensive phones.

Thats a contract prize. Its way more expensive than that off contract
Re: Iphone 6 Plus VS Galaxy Note Edge: Which To Go For? by Femistico(m): 12:48pm On Sep 11, 2014
texazzpete:

samsung hater, why cant u just checkout d specs of both phones in gsmarena and check which one is good to go for..I blive u love apple restrictions and limitations...smellows
Re: Iphone 6 Plus VS Galaxy Note Edge: Which To Go For? by Femistico(m): 1:14pm On Sep 11, 2014
check dis out http://www.phonearena.com/news/Apple-iPhone-6-Plus-vs-Samsung-Galaxy-Note-4-vs-Samsung-Galaxy-Note-Edge-specs-comparison_id60479
@op am a die-hard fan of samsung and currently using samsung s4, I also have samsung flatscreen tv and soon will be planning to sell my s4 to get either s5 or note edge. d reason why I love samsung fones is dere ability to expand ur memory using mem.card. I love games so much and my 16gig internal memory dat came with my fone is full xooo will be getting 16/32 gig soon buh dis is impossible in apples phone..well u maynot be a lover of mobile game buh I blive a situation will arise when u will need additional memory on ur fone...my advice is go for note edge
Re: Iphone 6 Plus VS Galaxy Note Edge: Which To Go For? by texazzpete(m): 2:22pm On Sep 11, 2014
Femistico:
samsung hater

I used a Galaxy S3 in 2012.
Switched to a Galaxy Note 2 in q4 2012
Galaxy S4 in 2013
Galaxy S5 right now.

And now I'm a 'Galaxy hater' because i can speak objectively?

Femistico:
why cant u just checkout d specs of both phones in gsmarena and check which one is good to go

Just because you're a n00b that thinks 'bigger number = better' it doesn't mean everyone else is like you.
Last year the 1.2 ghz dual core iPhone 5S crushed the 1.9ghz quad core galaxy s4. It's 8MP camera easily produced pictures better than the 13MP camera in the S4.

Higher numbers do not always mean better. This is why a 3.2ghz pentium 4 CPU from 2004 is much slower than a 1.8 ghz intel Atom from 2014.

Femistico:
I blive u love apple restrictions and limitations...smellows

Limitations?

Which ones?

1 Like

Re: Iphone 6 Plus VS Galaxy Note Edge: Which To Go For? by dasphinx1(m): 12:25am On Sep 12, 2014
texazzpete:

I see u have got an eye for the Moto X(2014)....nice wink
Re: Iphone 6 Plus VS Galaxy Note Edge: Which To Go For? by Femistico(m): 9:44am On Sep 12, 2014
texazzpete:

I used a Galaxy S3 in 2012.
Switched to a Galaxy Note 2 in q4 2012
Galaxy S4 in 2013
Galaxy S5 right now.

And now I'm a 'Galaxy hater' because i can speak objectively?

Just because you're a n00b that thinks 'bigger number = better' it doesn't mean everyone else is like you.
Last year the 1.2 ghz dual core iPhone 5S crushed the 1.9ghz quad core galaxy s4. It's 8MP camera easily produced pictures better than the 13MP camera in the S4.

Higher numbers do not always mean better. This is why a 3.2ghz pentium 4 CPU from 2004 is much slower than a 1.8 ghz intel Atom from 2014.

Limitations?

Which ones?
how I wish u can help with pictures of d benchmark of both fones and the pictures taken with d 8mp of iphone 5s vs 13mp of s4 to backup your claim...u sucks
Re: Iphone 6 Plus VS Galaxy Note Edge: Which To Go For? by mrdrizzy(m): 10:09am On Sep 12, 2014
Femistico:
how I wish u can help with pictures of d benchmark of both fones and the pictures taken with d 8mp of iphone 5s vs 13mp of s4 to backup your claim...u sucks
dude get over it,hes ryt in almost everything he posted ,what most ppl like is fluidity/swift response(ability to give a command and it responds asap)...which is what ppl need and why apple keep making more sales..not to get a device with many unuseable features.as much as have been a user of sammy also,we sometimes have to say d truth...only the moto x and the htc m7(-8-) did justice to droid

2 Likes

Re: Iphone 6 Plus VS Galaxy Note Edge: Which To Go For? by Nobody: 5:21pm On Sep 12, 2014
Femistico:
Dude , i used a samsung s4 before switching to the s5, i know as a matter of fact that iphone 5s takes clearer pictures than the s4.
Re: Iphone 6 Plus VS Galaxy Note Edge: Which To Go For? by TrebleChamp(m): 6:35pm On Sep 12, 2014
Restriction is my only ish with iOS..
Re: Iphone 6 Plus VS Galaxy Note Edge: Which To Go For? by Femistico(m): 6:01pm On Sep 13, 2014
well I give up, no time for argument
Re: Iphone 6 Plus VS Galaxy Note Edge: Which To Go For? by Debonair01: 11:48am On Sep 24, 2014
so... over the last couple of days the iPhone 6 and 6+ hv gone on sale, i have followed the reviews closely, and i must say i hv been tad disappointed. Mainly on 2 fronts.
1. Poor Battery life
2. 6+ bending

Anyways, waiting for this weekend as the note 4/edge are released into the market for proper comparison to me made.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Please Advise: HTC 820 Or Infinix Hot Note / How To Install XUI On Infinix Zero 2 / Check Out How I Customized My Browser (screenshot)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.