Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,101 members, 7,814,867 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:17 PM

Samsung Galaxy III Vs Galaxy Note II - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Samsung Galaxy III Vs Galaxy Note II (8814 Views)

Iphone 6 Plus VS Galaxy Note Edge: Which To Go For? / Diary Of A Samsung Note II User / Nokia 3310 Vs.galaxy S3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Samsung Galaxy III Vs Galaxy Note II by MrsChima(f): 8:56pm On Oct 29, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=555s1DbicfY

Samsung Galaxy III

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Winy60XGsOc

Samsung Galaxy Note II

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KRb_VEkZr98

Comparison between Samsung vs Iphone 5

What are your choice base on the information provided?
Re: Samsung Galaxy III Vs Galaxy Note II by OgidiOlu3(m): 10:10pm On Oct 29, 2012
The note 2 has a better RAM, larger screen and a much better battery than the s3. The s3 on the other hand has a better pixel density(306ppi) compared to note 2's 267ppi so it means u'll get a sharper display with the s3. All in all, the note 2 is a better smartphone. But personally, i prefer the s3. The note 2 is just too big 4 a phone jare.
Re: Samsung Galaxy III Vs Galaxy Note II by MrsChima(f): 11:50pm On Oct 29, 2012
Ogidi-Olu:
The note 2 has a better RAM, larger screen and a much better battery than the s3. The s3 on the other hand has a better pixel density(306ppi) compared to note 2's 267ppi so it means u'll get a sharper display with the s3. All in all, the note 2 is a better smartphone. But personally, i prefer the s3. The note 2 is just too big 4 a phone jare.

Use your ipod/mp3 ear piece or blue tooth. I use bluetooth so i dont have to hold my phones. It allow me to do more things without holdn phone.

My hubby thinks of getting blackberry touch which is outdated but he is nigerian....enough said.
Re: Samsung Galaxy III Vs Galaxy Note II by ikechukz(m): 8:49am On Oct 30, 2012
stick to your torchlight phone

1 Like

Re: Samsung Galaxy III Vs Galaxy Note II by sushieater: 9:52am On Oct 30, 2012
Ogidi-Olu:
On point sir..The PPI on Note II's poor, still wondering how sharp the display of the new HTC J Butterfly would look like since the PPI is going to be a massive 440 ppi..large screen or not, i'd still take note II anyday anytime over galaxy SIII..The S pen on note II is on point
Re: Samsung Galaxy III Vs Galaxy Note II by megxo(m): 12:12pm On Oct 30, 2012
see, we av tire wif all dis gadjets jor..... angry
all VANITY!!

#ma verdict

3 Likes

Re: Samsung Galaxy III Vs Galaxy Note II by wandeay: 12:12pm On Oct 30, 2012
i'll go for an S3 due to the clearer display over Note 2 and the HD game experience is a wow

1 Like

Re: Samsung Galaxy III Vs Galaxy Note II by caukerzee(m): 12:55pm On Oct 30, 2012
Almost the same ish.
display-s3
ram-note. I would go for s3 tho for its portable size.
Re: Samsung Galaxy III Vs Galaxy Note II by Nobody: 12:58pm On Oct 30, 2012
The NOTE 2 is my next gadget.
Re: Samsung Galaxy III Vs Galaxy Note II by goddyjay(m): 1:01pm On Oct 30, 2012
i'll go for S3 sha o cos it's more portable and has more HD games cool
Re: Samsung Galaxy III Vs Galaxy Note II by ochukoccna: 1:17pm On Oct 30, 2012
megxo: see, we av tire wif all dis gadjets jor..... angry
all VANITY!!
#ma verdict
+ infinity
Re: Samsung Galaxy III Vs Galaxy Note II by omodapson(m): 1:21pm On Oct 30, 2012
Still contemplating on whether to go for the S3 or the Note II. But btw, I think the S3 is Note II in another skin.
Re: Samsung Galaxy III Vs Galaxy Note II by offshoreking: 1:35pm On Oct 30, 2012
u ain't ganna know until u try it, i tell u the truth the note 2 is bomb. it give u free to do whatever u wish, can take the pic and do some magic inside send it, send it to ur love one and she will be crewing on urside with much joy, i had use s3 but i tell u the truth the note 2 is far far batter than any other smart phone right now.
Re: Samsung Galaxy III Vs Galaxy Note II by Sunymoore(m): 1:48pm On Oct 30, 2012
hmmm, i can compare my nokai e3310 with all dis. freeinternet,free GPS,free call n free streaming
Re: Samsung Galaxy III Vs Galaxy Note II by kawkab: 1:50pm On Oct 30, 2012
for thorough comparism visit www.gsmarena.com
Re: Samsung Galaxy III Vs Galaxy Note II by MrsChima(f): 1:57pm On Oct 30, 2012
Sunymoore: hmmm, i can compare my nokai e3310 with all dis. freeinternet,free GPS,free call n free streaming

In which country? Certainly not Nigeria!
Re: Samsung Galaxy III Vs Galaxy Note II by MrsChima(f): 1:59pm On Oct 30, 2012
all VANITY!!

#ma verdict

We hear you loud and clear...if a person gets every gadget that is out there then that is a bit obsessive but if you are getting a gadget that is useful and you will use it a long time...don't see an issue with it. If you can't afford it...then don't get it.

Now what do you expect people to use if they need to make a call or break their phone? Send a bird messenger? It is all about shopping sensibly and reasonably.
Re: Samsung Galaxy III Vs Galaxy Note II by joey4jo: 2:09pm On Oct 30, 2012
the note 2 is a better for me, because of its functionality but the screen is too big.. so i think the best choice is a note 10.1 and use a torch-light phone for calls.. i know right, smartest idea ever!!
Re: Samsung Galaxy III Vs Galaxy Note II by Nobody: 3:41pm On Oct 30, 2012
all VANITY!!

#ma verdict

well said my brother. soon it will be ipad6,7,8,9,10 or galaxy4,5,6,7,8,9,10
abeg we don tire. let us learn to be content with what we have.
like the bible put it : vanity upon vanity, all is vanity
Re: Samsung Galaxy III Vs Galaxy Note II by kael: 3:42pm On Oct 30, 2012
I already got the note 2. seriously it doesnt get better than this.
it even has hand writing Recognition The screen is actually better than that of the s3. it has an RGB Screen while the 53 has Something else. it's not only pixel density that matters
Re: Samsung Galaxy III Vs Galaxy Note II by MrsChima(f): 3:59pm On Oct 30, 2012
rafhell:

well said my brother. soon it will be ipad6,7,8,9,10 or galaxy4,5,6,7,8,9,10
abeg we don tire. let us learn to be content with what we have.
like the bible put it : vanity upon vanity, all is vanity

Practice what you preach...make sure you don't buy vanity things and all is well. wink
Re: Samsung Galaxy III Vs Galaxy Note II by Bigboy100: 4:08pm On Oct 30, 2012
The Note 2 is way better than the S3 but I phone5 kills them all cos of the swag it has, however on a Samsung level note 2 takes the day anytime cos of the swag and functions . All these matters because Nigerians buy phones not because of its features but because of the class it has , a status thAnG ! Period !!!
Re: Samsung Galaxy III Vs Galaxy Note II by MyneWhite1(f): 4:34pm On Oct 30, 2012
I asked this same question and ended up getting the Galaxy SIII. The note is just tooo big for a small lady like me.

http://www.mynewhitmanwrites.com/2012/09/to-get-samsung-galaxy-s-iii-or-galaxy.html
Re: Samsung Galaxy III Vs Galaxy Note II by 360zibah: 4:58pm On Oct 30, 2012
goddyjay: i'll go for S3 sha o cos it's more portable and has more HD games cool

I don't quite agree. Any HD game that can run on S3 would definitely run on the Note II, perhaps even better (RAM tinz)
Re: Samsung Galaxy III Vs Galaxy Note II by ssii: 5:34pm On Oct 30, 2012
I was planning to get an ipad and also moving from BB to samsung galaxyIII, but to reduce cost was contemplating on getting the note 2 instead since its between a tablet and a phone while still retaining my BB. For those who are using the note 2, what do you think? Can it really suffice as a tablet?
Re: Samsung Galaxy III Vs Galaxy Note II by texazzpete(m): 6:06pm On Oct 30, 2012
Lower pixel density on the note II doesn't mean it has a poorer screen. In fact, it has a visibly better screen since it does away with the controversial Pentile matrix issue that people complained about with the Galaxy nexus and the S3.
Re: Samsung Galaxy III Vs Galaxy Note II by apoti(m): 6:50pm On Oct 30, 2012
Galaxy note2 is the best fone in the history of mankind. I got mine the same date it was released and my life has never remained the same since then grin

I will share my experience when I get home. cool
Re: Samsung Galaxy III Vs Galaxy Note II by Nobody: 9:52pm On Oct 30, 2012
apoti: Galaxy note2 is the best fone in the history of mankind. I got mine the same date it was released and my life has never remained the same since then grin

I will share my experience when I get home. cool

Plz do cheesy

texazzpete: Lower pixel density on the note II doesn't mean it has a poorer screen. In fact, it has a visibly better screen since it does away with the controversial Pentile matrix issue that people complained about with the Galaxy nexus and the S3.

*faints*

Did Texazz just type something positive about samsung gn2? shocked
Re: Samsung Galaxy III Vs Galaxy Note II by Nobody: 9:53pm On Oct 30, 2012
Mrs Chima, are you thinking of getting a new phone? cheesy
Re: Samsung Galaxy III Vs Galaxy Note II by MrsChima(f): 12:06am On Oct 31, 2012
*Ileke-IdI:
Mrs Chima, are you thinking of getting a new phone? cheesy

Just throwing xmas gift ideas to the hubby. tongue tongue tongue
Re: Samsung Galaxy III Vs Galaxy Note II by texazzpete(m): 12:25am On Oct 31, 2012
*Ileke-IdI:

Plz do cheesy

*faints*

Did Texazz just type something positive about samsung gn2? shocked

LMAO!

I keep telling you folks I use a Galaxy S III. I was on the verge of replacing it with a Note II just last weekend before I changed my mind.
Re: Samsung Galaxy III Vs Galaxy Note II by Nobody: 3:17am On Oct 31, 2012
Been using the Note II since 2 weeks now and this is the most amazing device I have ever held in my life. It is just breathtaking.

whoever is saying that the Note II screen isn't up to par has actually never seen or used this phone. It makes the iphone retina look rubbish and the screen colour and resolution is just out of this world.

Galaxy SIII is just like the crippled brother of the Note II.

Just a couple of features on the Note II that makes the SIII looks sorry:

Multiview - keep watching youtube while checking your Facebook status on the same screen at the same time.

Pop up Note and Pop up browser

Air view: watch a snippet of a video without opening it, see what is in a link without opening it, preview a complete movie with the s pen without touching the display

the greatest and smartest stylus known to man

Laptop equivalent processor speed

Insane battery life

and many more I can't be bothered to mention.

Until the day the SIII and iphone get these features and more, they have still not arrived.

Note II has indeed set a benchmark for what is attainable with evolving technology.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Oppo Nigeria Turned Laycon Into Sales Boy In Computer Village / Jumia Is No Longer Trustworthy. / I'm Done With Xiaomi Brand

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.