Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,606 members, 7,812,986 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:34 AM

Photos Of Ethiopian Girls Who Insert Plates In Lips To Be More Attractive - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Photos Of Ethiopian Girls Who Insert Plates In Lips To Be More Attractive (16781 Views)

Pictures From Adams Oshiomole's Wedding To His Ethiopian Bride / Kcee Limpopo Pictured Washing Plates In His Kitchen(pics) / My Husband Understands When I Kiss Lips To Lips……..actress, Omoni Oboli (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Photos Of Ethiopian Girls Who Insert Plates In Lips To Be More Attractive by naijahot: 3:53pm On Sep 10, 2014
The nature of beauty is one of the most fascinating riddles of life. Is beauty universal? How do we know it?

For example in the Ethiopian Suri tribe an enormous plate implanted in a girl’s lip is considered to be a sign of beauty.
The Suri tribe belongs to Surma family that also includes Mursi and Me’en.
Piercing and lip plates are a strong part of the Suri culture.

At the point of puberty most women have their bottom teeth removed in order to get their lower lip pierced.
Once the lip is pierced, it is then stretched and a lip plate is then placed in the hole of the piercing.
Having a lip plate is a sign of beauty and the bigger the plate, the more cattle the woman is worth.

When the woman are ready to get married, her father can demand 40 cows for a small plate and 60 for a larger one.
Men on the other hand paint their bodies and participate in stick fighting.

It is a way for young men to prove themselves to the young women.
Many stick fights end within the first couple of hits.

Stick fighting has proven to be dangerous because people have died from being hit in the stomach.
Since stick fighting draws a large audience, it becomes a threat of danger.
Shooting can easily break out and this seems to be the new trend for young Suri men; using guns instead of sticks.INCREDIBLE PHOTOS: See Girls Who Beautify Themselves With Plates Implanted In Lips
It is still unknown why and how lip plates came to be used.
One theory says lips plates were used to discourage slave owners from taking the women who had them. In recent years, some young women are refusing to have their lips pierced.

See more on http://www./2014/09/shocking-photos-of-ethiopian-girls-who.html
Re: Photos Of Ethiopian Girls Who Insert Plates In Lips To Be More Attractive by hummerwise(m): 3:58pm On Sep 10, 2014
naijahot: The nature of beauty is one of the most fascinating riddles of life. Is beauty universal? How do we know it?

For example in the Ethiopian Suri tribe an enormous plate implanted in a girl’s lip is considered to be a sign of beauty.
The Suri tribe belongs to Surma family that also includes Mursi and Me’en.
Piercing and lip plates are a strong part of the Suri culture.

At the point of puberty most women have their bottom teeth removed in order to get their lower lip pierced.
Once the lip is pierced, it is then stretched and a lip plate is then placed in the hole of the piercing.
Having a lip plate is a sign of beauty and the bigger the plate, the more cattle the woman is worth.

When the woman are ready to get married, her father can demand 40 cows for a small plate and 60 for a larger one.
Men on the other hand paint their bodies and participate in stick fighting.

It is a way for young men to prove themselves to the young women.
Many stick fights end within the first couple of hits.

Stick fighting has proven to be dangerous because people have died from being hit in the stomach.
Since stick fighting draws a large audience, it becomes a threat of danger.
Shooting can easily break out and this seems to be the new trend for young Suri men; using guns instead of sticks.INCREDIBLE PHOTOS: See Girls Who Beautify Themselves With Plates Implanted In Lips
It is still unknown why and how lip plates came to be used.
One theory says lips plates were used to discourage slave owners from taking the women who had them. In recent years, some young women are refusing to have their lips pierced.

See more on http://www./2014/09/shocking-photos-of-ethiopian-girls-who.html

Waht is this!!
Thank God am a Nigerian smiley

21 Likes

Re: Photos Of Ethiopian Girls Who Insert Plates In Lips To Be More Attractive by constance500: 4:05pm On Sep 10, 2014
How does this change their appearance now..?
How does it help the situation lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Photos Of Ethiopian Girls Who Insert Plates In Lips To Be More Attractive by PerfectFortune: 4:16pm On Sep 10, 2014
Disgusting...that's the word

2 Likes

Re: Photos Of Ethiopian Girls Who Insert Plates In Lips To Be More Attractive by shayneharvey(f): 4:16pm On Sep 10, 2014
So disgusting
Re: Photos Of Ethiopian Girls Who Insert Plates In Lips To Be More Attractive by Adeoba10(m): 4:29pm On Sep 10, 2014
Dem dey tell God say dey prefer to be created as hippopotamus to human.

1 Like

Re: Photos Of Ethiopian Girls Who Insert Plates In Lips To Be More Attractive by successking401(m): 4:34pm On Sep 10, 2014
All i have to say is leave peoples' culture,tradition and belief for them alone.who told you that there is no claws in your own cultural and traditional practices

4 Likes

Re: Photos Of Ethiopian Girls Who Insert Plates In Lips To Be More Attractive by Nobody: 5:14pm On Sep 10, 2014
I wonder if they're able to talk with that plate pierced in their lips. It's FUGLY, take it off! *In Joan Rivers' voice *

2 Likes

Re: Photos Of Ethiopian Girls Who Insert Plates In Lips To Be More Attractive by Dreyl(m): 5:21pm On Sep 10, 2014
This is really disgusting *pukes*
Re: Photos Of Ethiopian Girls Who Insert Plates In Lips To Be More Attractive by icebebe(f): 5:22pm On Sep 10, 2014
Na wa o
Re: Photos Of Ethiopian Girls Who Insert Plates In Lips To Be More Attractive by Nobody: 5:22pm On Sep 10, 2014
successking401: All i have to say is leave peoples' culture,tradition and belief for them alone.who told you that there is no claws in your own cultural and traditional practices

WITH a comment like this and any other above that corroborates with this garbage, you ain't different from the lips plating booncoons.

7 Likes

Re: Photos Of Ethiopian Girls Who Insert Plates In Lips To Be More Attractive by Nobody: 5:27pm On Sep 10, 2014
Dis shld be done to sum naija babes
Re: Photos Of Ethiopian Girls Who Insert Plates In Lips To Be More Attractive by gbadexy(m): 5:50pm On Sep 10, 2014
I've actually watched the documentary on these people a long time ago.
They somehow find the women with discs attractive. The women slip it on and off and you can imagine how the lips look without the disc. Like a slack rubber hanging out.
I guess the barbaric tradition will naturally die out with more education. I doubt if an educated lady would have is lips cut and have large discs inserted.

3 Likes

Re: Photos Of Ethiopian Girls Who Insert Plates In Lips To Be More Attractive by successking401(m): 6:08pm On Sep 10, 2014
nuttyhnic:

WITH a comment like this and any other above that corroborates with this garbage, you ain't different from the lips plating booncoons.
why must u wait for someone to comment only for you to come up with your hogwash?do i know you?do i even care to know you?next time go straight and commen since you are mr know it all.this is a public forum.i've only aired my opinion.say your own and stop observing only to pour out thrash at the end.its cowardice.supposen no one comments,what will you be observing in your cowardice infested mentality.go for bravery dude.shun cowardice

6 Likes

Re: Photos Of Ethiopian Girls Who Insert Plates In Lips To Be More Attractive by rattlesnake(m): 6:43pm On Sep 10, 2014
Lack of education
Re: Photos Of Ethiopian Girls Who Insert Plates In Lips To Be More Attractive by 50calibre(m): 7:05pm On Sep 10, 2014
Primitive cave men in the jungles of africa, beauty to them means looking like a wild animal.

No wonder studies show the average IQ in Africa is below 70.

How can this ghastly mutilation be seen as a source of beauty, they take young women and mutilate then into nasty looking creatures.

What a retar*ded culture!!!
Re: Photos Of Ethiopian Girls Who Insert Plates In Lips To Be More Attractive by enoqueen: 7:11pm On Sep 10, 2014
for the first time in my life I am happy that I was born a Nigerian. grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Photos Of Ethiopian Girls Who Insert Plates In Lips To Be More Attractive by Jarchi(m): 7:24pm On Sep 10, 2014
Awkward
Re: Photos Of Ethiopian Girls Who Insert Plates In Lips To Be More Attractive by Nobody: 7:33pm On Sep 10, 2014
Sometimes I ask if I'm proud to be African

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Photos Of Ethiopian Girls Who Insert Plates In Lips To Be More Attractive by SMALLPENIS(f): 7:36pm On Sep 10, 2014
It made them Beaugly. Mtsew
on 2nd thought, grin grin grin
#IjustDeyLaff
Re: Photos Of Ethiopian Girls Who Insert Plates In Lips To Be More Attractive by oluyemisee(f): 8:01pm On Sep 10, 2014
Honestly I just developed an headache just looking at dis pictures.how on earth can a human's lips strecth dis long.nawao.ide esu(bondage of d devil)

1 Like

Re: Photos Of Ethiopian Girls Who Insert Plates In Lips To Be More Attractive by dollydolly(f): 8:08pm On Sep 10, 2014
Beautiful lips, beautiful plates n beautiful culture.
Re: Photos Of Ethiopian Girls Who Insert Plates In Lips To Be More Attractive by kelvinkalu(m): 8:20pm On Sep 10, 2014
This is so nt making sense..Eww, Eww, so disgusting, obnoxious, gross and.........*opens a dictionary, finds nothing, closes it* yuck yuck yuck yuck *exhales*.......
Re: Photos Of Ethiopian Girls Who Insert Plates In Lips To Be More Attractive by Eyop: 8:21pm On Sep 10, 2014
shayneharvey: So disgusting
smiley
Re: Photos Of Ethiopian Girls Who Insert Plates In Lips To Be More Attractive by Nobody: 8:26pm On Sep 10, 2014
What I see here is hippopotamus,someone should wake me when the real picture is uploaded.
Re: Photos Of Ethiopian Girls Who Insert Plates In Lips To Be More Attractive by ggrin(f): 9:04pm On Sep 10, 2014
Jeez shockedshockedshocked
End time lipslipsrsealed
Y oyinbo no go put una for zooundecided
Mtchewangry

1 Like

Re: Photos Of Ethiopian Girls Who Insert Plates In Lips To Be More Attractive by experimentist: 9:40pm On Sep 10, 2014
Wadafuq
Re: Photos Of Ethiopian Girls Who Insert Plates In Lips To Be More Attractive by poiZon: 9:48pm On Sep 10, 2014
enoqueen: for the first time in my life I am happy that I was born a Nigerian. grin grin

_ufanima abadie?
Re: Photos Of Ethiopian Girls Who Insert Plates In Lips To Be More Attractive by Nobody: 9:51pm On Sep 10, 2014
successking401: All i have to say is leave peoples' culture,tradition and belief for them alone.who told you that there is no claws in your own cultural and traditional practices
This is more than claws or flaws bro... This is way beyond normal, how would u wanna think like this MORONs...

2 Likes

Re: Photos Of Ethiopian Girls Who Insert Plates In Lips To Be More Attractive by MisterLongman(m): 9:56pm On Sep 10, 2014
How can you encourage this barbaric act in the name of culture and tradition... I agree that all cultures and traditions have their own flaws but this is extremely extreme in this 21st century....

2 Likes

Re: Photos Of Ethiopian Girls Who Insert Plates In Lips To Be More Attractive by ifoundmyperfect: 10:08pm On Sep 10, 2014
What a Drawer...
Re: Photos Of Ethiopian Girls Who Insert Plates In Lips To Be More Attractive by Airforce1(m): 10:15pm On Sep 10, 2014
@ Dolemite
come and see your sisters grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Xenophobia: Pastor Adeboye "Don't Retaliate Against South Africa" (Video) / Genevieve Denies Dbanj, Says 'he's Not My Kind Of Man' / Jim Iyke Celebrates His 39th Birthday Today: Congrats

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.