Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,739 members, 7,831,357 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 05:33 PM

Photos Of Ethiopian Girls Who Insert Plates In Lips To Be More Attractive - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Photos Of Ethiopian Girls Who Insert Plates In Lips To Be More Attractive (16798 Views)

Pictures From Adams Oshiomole's Wedding To His Ethiopian Bride / Kcee Limpopo Pictured Washing Plates In His Kitchen(pics) / My Husband Understands When I Kiss Lips To Lips……..actress, Omoni Oboli (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Photos Of Ethiopian Girls Who Insert Plates In Lips To Be More Attractive by Airforce1(m): 10:16pm On Sep 10, 2014
@ Dolemite
come and see your sisters
grin
Re: Photos Of Ethiopian Girls Who Insert Plates In Lips To Be More Attractive by Dolemite(f): 10:28pm On Sep 10, 2014
Airforce1: @ Dolemite
come and see your sisters grin

Yup still prettier than you though! DAT NOSE.
Re: Photos Of Ethiopian Girls Who Insert Plates In Lips To Be More Attractive by Airforce1(m): 10:30pm On Sep 10, 2014
Dolemite:

Yup still prettier than you though! DAT NOSE.

I knew u would come
Trouble maker grin
Re: Photos Of Ethiopian Girls Who Insert Plates In Lips To Be More Attractive by Dolemite(f): 10:35pm On Sep 10, 2014
gbadexy: I've actually watched the documentary on these people a long time ago.
They somehow find the women with discs attractive. The women slip it on and off and you can imagine how the lips look without the disc. Like a slack rubber hanging out.
I guess the barbaric tradition will naturally die out with more education. I doubt if an educated lady would have is lips cut and have large discs inserted.

What would you say about western ladies who pierce their labia and other weird things? body modifications are present in most cultures, education has nothing to do with it.

[img]http://2.bp..com/--fRU3SD1BM8/UPLZDeF0ayI/AAAAAAAAAAo/UgmcXUA5Z6Y/s1600/125017998741.jpg[/img]

1 Like

Re: Photos Of Ethiopian Girls Who Insert Plates In Lips To Be More Attractive by wetin7: 10:54pm On Sep 10, 2014
naijahot: The nature of beauty is one of the most fascinating riddles of life. Is beauty universal? How do we know it?

For example in the Ethiopian Suri tribe an enormous plate implanted in a girl’s lip is considered to be a sign of beauty.
The Suri tribe belongs to Surma family that also includes Mursi and Me’en.
Piercing and lip plates are a strong part of the Suri culture.

At the point of puberty most women have their bottom teeth removed in order to get their lower lip pierced.
Once the lip is pierced, it is then stretched and a lip plate is then placed in the hole of the piercing.
Having a lip plate is a sign of beauty and the bigger the plate, the more cattle the woman is worth.

When the woman are ready to get married, her father can demand 40 cows for a small plate and 60 for a larger one.
Men on the other hand paint their bodies and participate in stick fighting.

It is a way for young men to prove themselves to the young women.
Many stick fights end within the first couple of hits.

Stick fighting has proven to be dangerous because people have died from being hit in the stomach.
Since stick fighting draws a large audience, it becomes a threat of danger.
Shooting can easily break out and this seems to be the new trend for young Suri men; using guns instead of sticks.INCREDIBLE PHOTOS: See Girls Who Beautify Themselves With Plates Implanted In Lips
It is still unknown why and how lip plates came to be used.
One theory says lips plates were used to discourage slave owners from taking the women who had them. In recent years, some young women are refusing to have their lips pierced.

See more on http://www./2014/09/shocking-photos-of-ethiopian-girls-who.html
What beauty is really in this one?
Re: Photos Of Ethiopian Girls Who Insert Plates In Lips To Be More Attractive by Nobody: 11:00pm On Sep 10, 2014
Cultural Shock indeed... As a sociologist, I must avoid value judgements against one's culture. Need to research more on this topic though
Re: Photos Of Ethiopian Girls Who Insert Plates In Lips To Be More Attractive by Nobody: 11:01pm On Sep 10, 2014
naijahot: The nature of beauty is one of the most fascinating riddles of life. Is beauty universal? How do we know it?

For example in the Ethiopian Suri tribe an enormous plate implanted in a girl’s lip is considered to be a sign of beauty.

At the point of puberty most women have their bottom teeth removed in order to get their lower lip pierced.
Once the lip is pierced, it is then stretched and a lip plate is then placed in the hole of the piercing.
Having a lip plate is a sign of beauty and the bigger the plate, the more cattle the woman is worth.

When the woman are ready to get married, her father can demand 40 cows for a small plate and 60 for a larger one.
Men on the other hand paint their bodies and participate in stick fighting.

It is a way for young men to prove themselves to the young women.
Many stick fights end within the first couple of hits.

Stick fighting has proven to be dangerous because people have died from being hit in the stomach.
Since stick fighting draws a large audience, it becomes a threat of danger.
Shooting can easily break out and this seems to be the new trend for young Suri men; using guns instead of sticks.INCREDIBLE PHOTOS: See Girls Who Beautify Themselves With Plates Implanted In Lips
It is still unknown why and how lip plates came to be used.
One theory says lips plates were used to discourage slave owners from taking the women who had them. In recent years, some young women are refusing to have their lips pierced.

See more on http://www./2014/09/shocking-photos-of-ethiopian-girls-who.html
Yuck
Re: Photos Of Ethiopian Girls Who Insert Plates In Lips To Be More Attractive by MissBritney(f): 11:28pm On Sep 10, 2014
This is beauty in their own perspective.
Re: Photos Of Ethiopian Girls Who Insert Plates In Lips To Be More Attractive by arknoid(m): 11:58pm On Sep 10, 2014
Maybe the man compare the plates to their woods for Mouth Action purposes loll
Re: Photos Of Ethiopian Girls Who Insert Plates In Lips To Be More Attractive by BaddieKay(f): 12:38am On Sep 11, 2014
mtcheeeeew...i've tried to stretch my lips and imagine a plate dah long fit into it,jx the thought alone is crazy.silly people
Re: Photos Of Ethiopian Girls Who Insert Plates In Lips To Be More Attractive by cococandy(f): 12:46am On Sep 11, 2014
Death to every xtupid culture even if it's ours.
As long as it is detrimental,death to it.
Culture is made for man not man for culture.

Do you think these girls like having gaping holes in their mouths in the name of culture?
How do they remove the teeth before implanting these plates? shocked
Do they know and understand anesthesia?
Even if they do,do these girls like the look it gives them afterwards?
Imagine the reasons sef undecided (so they can be worth more cattle)

So because a bunch of brain dead fellows used to do some really fvcked up shiit in the past,and their children decided to do it after them,followed by their grand children and so on and so forth,new century folks have to keep it up to preserve 'culture'?

successking401: All i have to say is leave peoples' culture,tradition and belief for them alone.who told you that there is no claws in your own cultural and traditional practices

1 Like

Re: Photos Of Ethiopian Girls Who Insert Plates In Lips To Be More Attractive by iconize(m): 1:10am On Sep 11, 2014
What's this shit?

Axum, I thought you said Ethiopians are not negros?

1 Like

Re: Photos Of Ethiopian Girls Who Insert Plates In Lips To Be More Attractive by Nobody: 1:44am On Sep 11, 2014
Kai.. Lmfao
Re: Photos Of Ethiopian Girls Who Insert Plates In Lips To Be More Attractive by red101(f): 4:28am On Sep 11, 2014
that's funny. In the west, you have people putting breast implants and all sorts of implants, surgeries etc. talk about uncomfortable high heels etc
not much different from pain women go through all over the world to be "attractive"
who creates these standards sef.

1 Like

Re: Photos Of Ethiopian Girls Who Insert Plates In Lips To Be More Attractive by bukatyne(f): 6:50am On Sep 11, 2014
Dolemite:

What would you say about western ladies who pierce their labia and other weird things? body modifications are present in most cultures, education has nothing to do with it.

[img]http://2.bp..com/--fRU3SD1BM8/UPLZDeF0ayI/AAAAAAAAAAo/UgmcXUA5Z6Y/s1600/125017998741.jpg[/img]

This is the problem I have; instead of us to jointly condemn, we are saying b does it so it's ok undecided

These pictures you posted except the lady with iron inserted in her neck are gross and exceptions; there is no culture underneath and they are outloners. Normal people do not emulate them.

The lady with Iron is crazy but it improves her appearance.

Tell me how those plates made those women beautiful; how?

1 Like

Re: Photos Of Ethiopian Girls Who Insert Plates In Lips To Be More Attractive by geca(f): 7:14am On Sep 11, 2014
*in Zb*s voice*are you seeing what I'm saw?wtf's this?That's the Ada Flavour was referring to ;DThank God am a Nigerian!
Re: Photos Of Ethiopian Girls Who Insert Plates In Lips To Be More Attractive by gbadexy(m): 7:17am On Sep 11, 2014
Dolemite:

Those ones did it out of choice. Its not their culture.

1 Like

Re: Photos Of Ethiopian Girls Who Insert Plates In Lips To Be More Attractive by naturally: 1:28pm On Sep 11, 2014
Na wa o
Re: Photos Of Ethiopian Girls Who Insert Plates In Lips To Be More Attractive by Olufemiolaolu(m): 1:41pm On Sep 11, 2014
cultural madness. ignorance is commander in chief of African problems.

1 Like

Re: Photos Of Ethiopian Girls Who Insert Plates In Lips To Be More Attractive by Ishilove: 4:05pm On Sep 11, 2014

Eyop! Come and see another damsel for your future wife grin
Re: Photos Of Ethiopian Girls Who Insert Plates In Lips To Be More Attractive by Ishilove: 4:08pm On Sep 11, 2014
Dolemite:

Muskeeto, leave all those worwor Indian chicks and check out these beauty wink
Re: Photos Of Ethiopian Girls Who Insert Plates In Lips To Be More Attractive by Ishilove: 4:09pm On Sep 11, 2014
Dolemite:

Safarigirl, come and see your future husband o cheesy
Re: Photos Of Ethiopian Girls Who Insert Plates In Lips To Be More Attractive by Ishilove: 4:11pm On Sep 11, 2014
Dolemite:

Idowuogbo, please tell your husband to stop taking pictures. He's scaring the kids angry tongue
Re: Photos Of Ethiopian Girls Who Insert Plates In Lips To Be More Attractive by Idowuogbo(f): 4:56pm On Sep 11, 2014
Ayama! How u go marry wife wey u no go fit kiss am? This wan dey brush mouth so? Chei! This girl pupsi na real p.I.m.p ooo...disfigure your pikin for future gains? Dats bleeped up mehn
Re: Photos Of Ethiopian Girls Who Insert Plates In Lips To Be More Attractive by Eyop: 5:12pm On Sep 11, 2014
Ishilove:
Eyop! Come and see another damsel for your future wife grin
undecided angry

1 Like

Re: Photos Of Ethiopian Girls Who Insert Plates In Lips To Be More Attractive by Ishilove: 5:37pm On Sep 11, 2014
Eyop:
undecided angry
cheesy cheesy
Re: Photos Of Ethiopian Girls Who Insert Plates In Lips To Be More Attractive by Eyop: 5:39pm On Sep 11, 2014
Ishilove:
cheesy cheesy
So you of all people fit recommend dis spec of babes for me So i dey worthless reach that level undecided
Re: Photos Of Ethiopian Girls Who Insert Plates In Lips To Be More Attractive by texanomaly(f): 6:09pm On Sep 11, 2014
TheoneandOnlyMe: I wonder if they're able to talk with that plate pierced in their lips. It's FUGLY, take it off! *In Joan Rivers' voice *

Maybe that's the plan...shut women up. undecided

arknoid: Maybe the man compare the plates to their woods for Mouth Action purposes loll

With that plate in and sticking out, how would she get her mouth anywhere near him? With it out, she has no bottom lip. How does this help a BJ? The only thing I can see that would be beneficial for that purpose would be the removal of teeth, but without a bottom lip, I don't get it. embarassed

The plate looks like an ashtray to me. If that's a woman, where's her b00bs? Is she sagging that much?
Re: Photos Of Ethiopian Girls Who Insert Plates In Lips To Be More Attractive by Nobody: 6:27pm On Sep 11, 2014
enoqueen: for the first time in my life I am happy that I was born a Nigerian. grin grin
you type am for me cheesy
Re: Photos Of Ethiopian Girls Who Insert Plates In Lips To Be More Attractive by jsunex(m): 6:28pm On Sep 11, 2014
Wtf.... nah wah ooo
Re: Photos Of Ethiopian Girls Who Insert Plates In Lips To Be More Attractive by Davidovinci(m): 9:29pm On Sep 11, 2014
At least..... We all know where Jay Z originated from.

1 Like

Re: Photos Of Ethiopian Girls Who Insert Plates In Lips To Be More Attractive by lanicky(f): 10:22pm On Sep 11, 2014
I'm sure they're uncivilized undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Jim Iyke Celebrates His 39th Birthday Today: Congrats / Daddy Showkey Shares Throwback Photo / Meet The 18 Year Old Boy Who Has A Butt Almost As Big As Kim Kardashian's

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.