Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,405 members, 7,815,888 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:20 PM

Name 5 Things You Will Do If You Become The President OF Nigeria. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Name 5 Things You Will Do If You Become The President OF Nigeria. (1316 Views)

Former Commissioner In Delta State Couldn't Name 5 Projects He Supervised. / Bukola Saraki Is The Senate President Of The 8th NASS / Name 5 People That Should Not Be In Govt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Name 5 Things You Will Do If You Become The President OF Nigeria. by Funpeter: 9:54pm On Sep 10, 2014
Well, we all criticize the present government and wish they can do more. So if you have the opportunity to rule our dear nation, what are the five things you will do for your people, as for me I will start with. 1 banning of importation of generator so i can focus on given my people stable power supply. 2 make sure our fuel is refine here. 3 invest in agriculture. 4 capital punishment for corrupt people. 5 declaring state of emergency on unemployment. Let's your view.............

1 Like

Re: Name 5 Things You Will Do If You Become The President OF Nigeria. by Nobody: 9:58pm On Sep 10, 2014
1. Improve the standard of living.
2. Work on the education sector
3. Make sure i know how the defence or military budget is utilised or spent...Well, I ll step-up security and safety of lives.
4. Work more on girl-child education.
5. Improve the power sector and invite foreign investors more to increase industrialization..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Name 5 Things You Will Do If You Become The President OF Nigeria. by Funpeter: 10:01pm On Sep 10, 2014
temigracie: 1. Improve the standard of living.
2. Work on the education sector
3. Make sure i know how the defence or military budget is utilised or spent...Well, I ll step-up security and safety of lives.
4. Work more on girl-child education.
5. Improve the power sector and invite foreign investors more to increase industrialization..
Nice one.....

1 Like

Re: Name 5 Things You Will Do If You Become The President OF Nigeria. by Nobody: 10:59pm On Sep 10, 2014
1. Security is first on my list. I'd have to boost our security system to world class level before anything.

2. Invest handsomely in agriculture like never before.

3. Create Job and More Jobs.

4. Develop the Educational and Industrial sector .

5. Start campaigning for my next tenure...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Name 5 Things You Will Do If You Become The President OF Nigeria. by abdulwastecx(m): 11:02pm On Sep 10, 2014
1. compulsory primary, secondary and 2 years vacation training in construction, ict, business, agriculture etc by changing the educational system to 5 - 5 - 2. ( free education).

2 massive infrastructure developments in the following areas...

developing all the country road using direct labour, which will be done at a lower cost.

development of railway lines linking all the state capitals and important cities in the 36 states of the federation.

settling up of dry port in the following cities ibadon and akure in south west, kano, Abuja, katsina and maiduguri in the north and onitsah, aba in the east.

settling up of an integrated gas pipeline from the delta to all the major cities to allow the availability of cooking gas and has for thermal station that will be scattered throughout the federation.

privatization of water works and other utility companies.

privatization of power and petroleum industry.

3. Massive industrialization policy..
by creating industrial parks in all major cities.
encouragement of FDI .
by refining all the cruse coming outnof Nigeria before export.
settling up of agro allied industry in all the zones in Nigeria.
placing banned on the importation of all consumer goods into the country.
setling up bank of industry with single digit interest rate.

4. commercialization and mechanization of agriculture.

5.security and prudent fiscal policies

1 Like

Re: Name 5 Things You Will Do If You Become The President OF Nigeria. by brownlord: 11:05pm On Sep 10, 2014
Ceasar1: 1. Security is first on my list. I'd have to boost our security system to world class level before anything.

Smh for Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Name 5 Things You Will Do If You Become The President OF Nigeria. by Nobody: 11:07pm On Sep 10, 2014
brownlord:

Smh for Nigeria

Lol, it's not what you think. I'm on a seven point agenda, so I'd need another tenure.

1 Like

Re: Name 5 Things You Will Do If You Become The President OF Nigeria. by Nobody: 11:08pm On Sep 10, 2014
Ceasar1: 1. Security is first on my list. I'd have to boost our security system to world class level before anything.

Caesar1 for president 2015.

1 Like

Re: Name 5 Things You Will Do If You Become The President OF Nigeria. by Nobody: 11:11pm On Sep 10, 2014
sholasholala:
Caesar1 for president 2015.

Sholasholala for Vice President... wink
Re: Name 5 Things You Will Do If You Become The President OF Nigeria. by UnknownT: 1:06am On Sep 11, 2014
1. Allocate some oil wells/blocs to myself n my cronies
2. Pull down the building in my home town and buy more adjoining hectares from my neighbors, turning everything to Unknown Estate
3. Marry a 2nd wife grin
4. Make myself ministers of petroleum n works
5. Finally loot codedly(will out-loot OBJ,PEJ n IBB)
So help me God

1 Like

Re: Name 5 Things You Will Do If You Become The President OF Nigeria. by Nctrice(m): 6:05am On Sep 11, 2014
I would introduce a negative income tax or a General Minimum Income financial system in Nigeria... A system where the Federal Gov makes the money and pay its citizens cross-board, the citizens in turn pay a certain percentage to the nearest local Government in their state of Residence, the local Government in turn would see to the execution of projects as determined by the tax payers, this is a system that would bring the Government close to the people and hence reduce corruption in form of embezzlement from the federal to the Local level, this would in turn mean the Government would be working for the people (the reverse is what is happening in Nigeria today) which means giving true power back to the people, a system where your state of Origin no longer matters, all that will mater is your state of Residence, and a system that would bring Autonomy back to the local level of Government... The list can go on and on!!! Read More from my soon to be released "How to Run the Nigerian State"
Re: Name 5 Things You Will Do If You Become The President OF Nigeria. by Funpeter: 7:15am On Sep 11, 2014
abdulwastecx: 1. compulsory primary, secondary and 2 years vacation training in construction, ict, business, agriculture etc by changing the educational system to 5 - 5 - 2. ( free education).

2 massive infrastructure developments in the following areas...

developing all the country road using direct labour, which will be done at a lower cost.

development of railway lines linking all the state capitals and important cities in the 36 states of the federation.

settling up of dry port in the following cities ibadon and akure in south west, kano, Abuja, katsina and maiduguri in the north and onitsah, aba in the east.

settling up of an integrated gas pipeline from the delta to all the major cities to allow the availability of cooking gas and has for thermal station that will be scattered throughout the federation.

privatization of water works and other utility companies.

privatization of power and petroleum industry.

3. Massive industrialization policy..
by creating industrial parks in all major cities.
encouragement of FDI .
by refining all the cruse coming outnof Nigeria before export.
settling up of agro allied industry in all the zones in Nigeria.
placing banned on the importation of all consumer goods into the country.
setling up bank of industry with single digit interest rate.

4. commercialization and mechanization of agriculture.

5.security and prudent fiscal policies
Re: Name 5 Things You Will Do If You Become The President OF Nigeria. by Sparrow13: 7:19am On Sep 11, 2014
TANtalize (Oxford English dictionary meaning) tease someone by showing or promising them something that they cannot have.....
now let's all sing TAN TAN TAN TAN....
Re: Name 5 Things You Will Do If You Become The President OF Nigeria. by Nobody: 7:48am On Sep 11, 2014
1- i'll create a new state for my people(okun in kogi state) and other major-minority tribes.
2-i'll change police uniform
3-upgrade all universities and increase the salary of teachers(my mum is a teacher)
4-start paying unemployed graduates based on their grades
5-build and upgrade industries to brigde the gap btw production and consumption.
Re: Name 5 Things You Will Do If You Become The President OF Nigeria. by Funpeter: 8:02am On Sep 11, 2014
Sparrow13: TANtalize (Oxford English dictionary meaning) tease someone by showing or promising them something that they cannot have.....
now let's all sing TAN TAN TAN TAN....
please this not a campaign thread, you can as well take it to another thread.
Re: Name 5 Things You Will Do If You Become The President OF Nigeria. by Funpeter: 8:04am On Sep 11, 2014
Abajosax007: 1- i'll create a new state for my people(okun in kogi state) and other major-minority tribes.
2-i'll change police uniform
3-upgrade all universities and increase the salary of teachers(my mum is a teacher)
4-start paying unemployed graduates based on their grades
5-build and upgrade industries to brigde the gap btw production and consumption.
Nice one, but why not make sure the state on ground are working well before creating another one? And must you start creating it from your state? For how long will unemployed be paid?
Re: Name 5 Things You Will Do If You Become The President OF Nigeria. by Nobody: 9:05am On Sep 11, 2014
Funpeter: Nice one, but why not make sure the state on ground are working well before creating another one? And must you start creating it from your state? For how long will unemployed be paid?
measures will be taken to ensure all states are working well. The unemployed will be paid for one and half years to secure a job. Creation of more states will help in reducing unemployment.
Re: Name 5 Things You Will Do If You Become The President OF Nigeria. by omenka(m): 9:29am On Sep 11, 2014
1. Jail Jonathan, IBB, OBJ, Ihejirika, and Abdulsalam Abubakar.

2. Completely overhaul or police force.

3. Jail "stealing" and "corruption".

4. Scrap federal character commission.

5. Ban the importation of generators.
Re: Name 5 Things You Will Do If You Become The President OF Nigeria. by Funpeter: 10:10am On Sep 11, 2014
omenka: 1. Jail Jonathan, IBB, OBJ, Ihejirika, and Abdulsalam Abubakar.

2. Completely overhaul or police force.

3. Jail "stealing" and "corruption".

4. Scrap federal character commission.

5. Ban the importation of generators.
If you jail them will that solve the problems on ground? I think you should rather focus on your policy for the masses.
Re: Name 5 Things You Will Do If You Become The President OF Nigeria. by Funpeter: 10:15am On Sep 11, 2014
Abajosax007: measures will be taken to ensure all states are working well. The unemployed will be paid for one and half years to secure a job. Creation of more states will help in reducing unemployment.
Aiit bro you dhave my vote and support whenever you decide too run.
Re: Name 5 Things You Will Do If You Become The President OF Nigeria. by omenka(m): 10:29am On Sep 11, 2014
Funpeter: If you jail them will that solve the problems on ground? I think you should rather focus on your policy for the masses.
Was that all you saw up there
Re: Name 5 Things You Will Do If You Become The President OF Nigeria. by Orunto: 10:57am On Sep 11, 2014
I agree to your 5 points but before them, I will create 6 equally autonomous zones comprising six equally autonomous states in each of the zones. This means that Benue state will be part of Southeast zone; Jigawa will be part of the Northeast zone and Taraba will be Northcentral. FCT will be an autonomous state also. Revenue which is 100% will be shared:- 40% to FG and FCT and 60% @ 6% strictly and equally to each state and its LGs. The sharing must be equal, and I will personally observe how each state fair in its management of its allocation. My AG(minister of justice) will always go after Governors breaching nonchallantly sections 20, 31, 42, 62, and 68 of our 1999 Constitution:. I will ensure that the Judiciary prosecute any legislator, executive and its own member that is corrupt. I will rid the security departments of all corrupt and disloyal officers and their officials.. I wil practise openly and democratically the Authorities and Responsibilities of my office as the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria. I will treat every state fairly, truely and equally, whether or not of my party and in accordance with the constitution of Nigeria.
Re: Name 5 Things You Will Do If You Become The President OF Nigeria. by skullz: 11:14am On Sep 11, 2014
1. Electricity (very Important)
2. Defense/security (at par with 1st world countries)
3. Education (proper and standard one)
4. Construct more Jails/prisons with lots of cells
5. Overhaul the judiciary.

Vote for me!! grin
Re: Name 5 Things You Will Do If You Become The President OF Nigeria. by abdulwastecx(m): 11:16am On Sep 11, 2014
Orunto: I agree to your 5 points but before them, I will create 6 equally autonomous zones comprising six equally autonomous states in each of the zones. This means that Benue state will be part of Southeast zone; Jigawa will be part of the Northeast zone and Taraba will be Northcentral. FCT will be an autonomous state also. Revenue which is 100% will be shared:- 40% to FG and FCT and 60% @ 6% strictly and equally to each state and its LGs. The sharing must be equal, and I will personally observe how each state fair in its management of its allocation. My AG(minister of justice) will always go after Governors breaching nonchallantly sections 20, 31, 42, 62, and 68 of our 1999 Constitution:. I will ensure that the Judiciary prosecute any legislator, executive and its own member that is corrupt. I will rid the security departments of all corrupt and disloyal officers and their officials.. I wil practise openly and democratically the Authorities and Responsibilities of my office as the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria. I will treat every state fairly, truely and equally, whether or not of my party and in accordance with the constitution of Nigeria.

The major problem is Nigeria is too poor to start with.
a country with 175million people with only revenue of 44billion us dolllars compare to south korea of 55million people with revenue of more than 250billion us dollars.
the first thing should be how to diverstify the economy and create a strong industrial base
Re: Name 5 Things You Will Do If You Become The President OF Nigeria. by abdulwastecx(m): 11:24am On Sep 11, 2014
skullz: 1. Electricity (very Important)
2. Defense/security (at par with 1st world countries)
3. Education (proper and standard one)
4. Construct more Jails/prisons with lots of cells
5. Overhaul the judiciary.

Vote for me!! grin

U can't fixed electticity easily because we lack the capacity now. imagine a country with electricity demand of 60, 000 megawatt and a present capacity of 6,000 megawatt. the problem us we make too much small money to developed power. Nigeria need 150billion dollars to solve power while our national budget is only 37billion dollars with reserve of 40billion dollars.

The solution is to diverstify and create much needed education to transfer technology and development

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Name 5 Things You Will Do If You Become The President OF Nigeria. by lagdmark(m): 11:30am On Sep 11, 2014
I will budget 900billion naira for:
Soft loans to all SW landlords to remodel the rusted roofs and home improvement campaign
Soft loans to SE govt.to fight erosion and better road construction
Soft loans no interest to all Northern states to fight illiteracy rate
Stop kidnapping in SS
Creat massive employment in Edo to reduce human trafficking
Re: Name 5 Things You Will Do If You Become The President OF Nigeria. by skullz: 11:31am On Sep 11, 2014
abdulwastecx:

U can't fixed electticity easily because we lack the capacity now. imagine a country with electricity demand of 60, 000 megawatt and a present capacity of 6,000 megawatt. the problem us we make too much small money to developed power. Nigeria need 150billion dollars to solve power while our national budget is only 37billion dollars with reserve of 40billion dollars.

The solution is to diverstify and create much needed education to transfer technology and development

Lol. Drop the Negative energy, it is not impossible to fix electricity in this country
A dedicated and committed Leader would fix electricity in this country, even if it means borrowing.
Lets not make excuses.
We cannot continue running such a big economy as ours on diesel and batteries.

YES WE CAN!! *in obamas voice* grin
(I think I'll adopt this as my campaign slogan)
Re: Name 5 Things You Will Do If You Become The President OF Nigeria. by abdulwastecx(m): 11:35am On Sep 11, 2014
skullz:
Lol. Drop the Negative energy, it is not impossible to fix electricity in this country
A dedicated and committed Leader would fix electricity in this country, even if it means borrowing.
Lets not make excuses.
We cannot continue running such a big economy as ours on diesel and batteries.

YES WE CAN!! *in obamas voice* grin
(I think I'll adopt this as my campaign slogan)

yew u cannot. .
it is more complex than you think....
saying the truthbis not a negative energy
Re: Name 5 Things You Will Do If You Become The President OF Nigeria. by skullz: 11:41am On Sep 11, 2014
abdulwastecx:

yew u cannot. .
it is more complex than you think....
saying the truthbis not a negative energy
Lol na wa
You be generator importer or you like darkness??

Anyway my government would overcome this type of Negative energy and defy all the odds and make 24Hrs electricity a reality, no matter the cost. grin
Re: Name 5 Things You Will Do If You Become The President OF Nigeria. by abdulwastecx(m): 12:03pm On Sep 11, 2014
skullz:
Lol na wa
You be generator importer or you like darkness??

Anyway my government would overcome this type of Negative energy and defy all the odds and make 24Hrs electricity a reality, no matter the cost. grin

Nigeria just don't know they live in one of the poorest country on earth.

Seoul the capital city of Korea has more money for infrastructure than the whole Nigeria
Re: Name 5 Things You Will Do If You Become The President OF Nigeria. by Funpeter: 1:25pm On Sep 11, 2014
omenka: Was that all you saw up there
Thats what caught my attention.....
Re: Name 5 Things You Will Do If You Become The President OF Nigeria. by Funpeter: 1:27pm On Sep 11, 2014
abdulwastecx:

The major problem is Nigeria is too poor to start with.
a country with 175million people with only revenue of 44billion us dolllars compare to south korea of 55million people with revenue of more than 250billion us dollars.
the first thing should be how to diverstify the economy and create a strong industrial base
Gbam

(1) (2) (Reply)

Another Fallen Hero Lf. Umar Muhammad Killed In Mubi. PIX / I Dreamt Last Night That Atiku Abubakar Emerged The Apc Flagbearer- Ifeduba / Nigerian Government Buys 77 T72 Tanks To Fight Boko Haram?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.