Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,246 members, 7,818,839 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:20 AM

NYSC Speaks On #4000 Fee For Printing Call-up Letters. - NYSC (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / NYSC Speaks On #4000 Fee For Printing Call-up Letters. (33932 Views)

Printing Of NYSC Call Up Letters / Graduates With Fake NYSC Call-up Letters Sentenced / NYSC Batch A Candidates, Have Call-up Letters Shown Up In Your School Yet? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NYSC Speaks On #4000 Fee For Printing Call-up Letters. by meforyou1(m): 12:45pm On Sep 11, 2014
Ndababa: Paying N4K for what many would reject if it were not made compulsory?

Sighs... Well do you blame them? This a country where the president was seen showing how to wash our hands with sanitizer. This directly means they believe most Nigerians are bunch of naive, ignorant n timid people.

So, pay your N4K (plus probably N300 bank charges - yah they collude with Banks to defraude us) at the nearest bank. Thank you!

Memories of Wannune camp still fresh tho

i was in wannune too.

1 Like

Re: NYSC Speaks On #4000 Fee For Printing Call-up Letters. by Sagamite(m): 12:49pm On Sep 11, 2014
Dee60: NYSC, how may I contact you please?

I am a Nigerian citizen and therefore eligible to provide services for Nigeria. I have duly completed my NYSC and that happened when NYSC still had meaning! I made friends. I traveled. Downside of it, all of us in our team spent 99.9% of the time doing nothing. We were given nothing to do. Nothing.

Anyway, let me not deviate.

I will do these letters for you at N400 per letter, thereby saving N3,600 for our government. It is possible that there are people who could even do it for less, but at least I have given you an offer.

A trial will convince you.

Please contact me through NL if you agree. I hope to hear from you. Please remember I will save you N3,600 per letter! That I want to do to help my country and country men. I bet, corpers will not make any noise if the cost were to be N400 or less!

Exactly!

What due process of procurement did they engage in to get the most competitive prices.

Emeka M. Ezeh of Nigeria's Bureau of Public Procurement needs to come and tell us.

2 Likes

Re: NYSC Speaks On #4000 Fee For Printing Call-up Letters. by Ndababa(m): 12:50pm On Sep 11, 2014
UjSizzle:
Wannune eh? Camp brother cheesy

What Batch? Mine was 13A
Re: NYSC Speaks On #4000 Fee For Printing Call-up Letters. by UjSizzle(f): 12:56pm On Sep 11, 2014
Ndababa:

What Batch? Mine was 13A
11B smiley
Re: NYSC Speaks On #4000 Fee For Printing Call-up Letters. by chrysso83(m): 12:58pm On Sep 11, 2014
Nawa ooo this is absolutely ridiculous. a whooping 4k to print call up letter? they mentioned infrastructure. so the corpers are supposed to set up the company. nysc dg abeg tell us ur stake in dat company.

2 Likes

Re: NYSC Speaks On #4000 Fee For Printing Call-up Letters. by anonimi: 1:01pm On Sep 11, 2014
Does anyone know the budget allocation for NYSC in 2014 and if possible the various detail lines of the budget. Such a person should please share it with us here so we know what we are really talking about.
Meanwhile what happened to the legisLOOTERS who have "oversight" functions on this agency

2 Likes

Re: NYSC Speaks On #4000 Fee For Printing Call-up Letters. by armadeo(m): 1:03pm On Sep 11, 2014
The time to reject this is now. Not when held at the schools. Better reject it now its their way of cutting the Nigerian cake too. Not even 500 naira. A whole 4k to print letter. How much to download and print letter for business center. The fool who said this should be sacked.

3 Likes

Re: NYSC Speaks On #4000 Fee For Printing Call-up Letters. by Ndababa(m): 1:06pm On Sep 11, 2014
UjSizzle:
11B smiley

Nice
Re: NYSC Speaks On #4000 Fee For Printing Call-up Letters. by henrinity(m): 1:20pm On Sep 11, 2014
phatjoe50:

From Batch A it will be compulsory, Henrolysis you later pay the money?
ma man...u mean the 4k,i no pay oh
Re: NYSC Speaks On #4000 Fee For Printing Call-up Letters. by collineno11: 1:20pm On Sep 11, 2014
Chai na wa... Shit happens in dis country... Letter we print in cafe for 100 naira has turned 4000k? Chai there is God ooooo

3 Likes

Re: NYSC Speaks On #4000 Fee For Printing Call-up Letters. by henrinity(m): 1:22pm On Sep 11, 2014
marvelling:

It will be compulsory as from batch A next year
thanks man
Re: NYSC Speaks On #4000 Fee For Printing Call-up Letters. by henrinity(m): 1:22pm On Sep 11, 2014
fulfillment2020: It's compulsory starting from 2015 batch A, just optional for only remaining batch C 2014 of this year. NYSC is scam.
ok.thanks
Re: NYSC Speaks On #4000 Fee For Printing Call-up Letters. by Nobody: 1:24pm On Sep 11, 2014
hernars: Nigerians are too tolerant! Stuffs like this can make a white man commit suicide

Set the pace....We got your back bro.
Re: NYSC Speaks On #4000 Fee For Printing Call-up Letters. by Nobody: 1:28pm On Sep 11, 2014
NYSC, this is so unfair. Wat happened to the money initially used to print the call up letters by NYSC? Can't it be used to pay the company?
Re: NYSC Speaks On #4000 Fee For Printing Call-up Letters. by Oyinkansolanew(f): 1:36pm On Sep 11, 2014
But it is stated on the website dat if u are getting ur callup letter from ur school, u need not to pay the 4000#. Plz oh I think I am quoting correctly
Re: NYSC Speaks On #4000 Fee For Printing Call-up Letters. by expert101(m): 1:36pm On Sep 11, 2014
N4000 for call-up letter? Not even the certificate...

This guys are thieves.

3 Likes

Re: NYSC Speaks On #4000 Fee For Printing Call-up Letters. by presidentgej: 1:40pm On Sep 11, 2014
get free uk no forwarded to ur local no. if interested call uche on +44 70 8769 7653
am in nigeria also receieve n do business with my uk no note its for #1500 or call 08130627857
Re: NYSC Speaks On #4000 Fee For Printing Call-up Letters. by ephi123(f): 1:42pm On Sep 11, 2014
This is just not fair. So much oppression of the poor going on in Nigeria. Not fair at all. How much is allowance for corpers and now they would have to pay N4000 for just a letter?!
This directive MUST be reversed.

1 Like

Re: NYSC Speaks On #4000 Fee For Printing Call-up Letters. by liyalla(m): 1:44pm On Sep 11, 2014
Makes no brain... The post nd issue

1 Like

Re: NYSC Speaks On #4000 Fee For Printing Call-up Letters. by Consultville(m): 2:05pm On Sep 11, 2014
wow..... speechless
Re: NYSC Speaks On #4000 Fee For Printing Call-up Letters. by xxgig(m): 2:12pm On Sep 11, 2014
A simple way out of this is for all prospective corp members of next batch to collectively refuse to print or be mobilized for service. knowing the impact this will have on next years general elections, the relevant authorities will do the needful.
Re: NYSC Speaks On #4000 Fee For Printing Call-up Letters. by samlestic(m): 2:30pm On Sep 11, 2014
RE: #4,000 CALL UP LETTER FEE
By COMRADE JEREMIAH OLATINWO, PUBLIC
RELATIONS OFFICER, NANS SOUTHWEST
(ZONE D)
"My people perish for lack of knowledge; And ye
shall know the truth and the truth shall make
you free" - Curled from the Holy Book
Please take your time to read the following
sections of the NYSC Decree to backup our
claim that the #4,000 fee imposed on Nigerian
youth corp members for call up letters be
reversed and to make baseless the excuse by
the Director General that the money is meant to
increase their efficiency and service delivery.
NYSC DECREE
SECTION 5
1. There shall be for the service corps, a
Director - General who shall be appointed by
the President, Commander-in-Chief of the
Armed Forces
2. The Director-General shall be the Chief
Executive and shall be charged with general
responsibility for matters affecting the day-to-
day running of the service corps
3. The Director-General shall be assisted by
Directors at the National Directorate
Headquarters and State Co-ordinators at the
State Headquarters
SECTION 6
1. There is hereby established for each State, a
National Youth Service Corps Governing Board
with its office in the Office of the State Governor
(in this Decree referred to as "the State
Governing Board"wink.
SECTION 7
3.The Governor of a State and the Chairman of
the Federal capital Territory, Abuja shall be
required to give to the State Governing Board a
minimum annual subvention of N500,000 to
enable it cater adequately for the welfare needs
of corps members deployed to the State and
such minimum subvention shall be provided
before the commencement of the service year
for which it is intended.
4. Every State Governing Board shall be required
to provide such other facilities and contribute to
the implementation and achievement of the
programmes and projects of the service corps in
the State including but not limited to land for
agriculture, orientation camps and
transportation facilities.
NANS ZONE D unequivocally say no to the
imposed fee of #4,000 on Youth corp members
for call up letter.
The NYSC decree has made enough provisions
for their sustenance and day to day operations.
Where are the subventions from the 36 state
governments?
Sidmach technologies is a gold digger. It has
raked in hundred of millions for itself through
electronic services for WAEC and JAMB and has
never given back to education by improving
facilities in any tertiary institution.
The greatest and ever dogged and rugged
Nigerian student will not hesitate to visit the
NYSC with the mother of protest if it doesn't
reverse the #4,000 yoke on the corpers.
NYSC is a call to national service and is meant
to be free and must remain free!
Aluta continua Victoria Ascerta
Comrade Jeremiah Olatinwo
University of Lagos
NANS ZONE D P.R.O
08077888285, 08166859917

6 Likes

Re: NYSC Speaks On #4000 Fee For Printing Call-up Letters. by shilexholly(m): 2:33pm On Sep 11, 2014
Am sure D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ want pple 2 shout D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ will reduce it or cancel it soon ......campaign strategy
Re: NYSC Speaks On #4000 Fee For Printing Call-up Letters. by material988(m): 2:47pm On Sep 11, 2014
who knows they might still charge them more during their camping period. During our own time they said everything about NYSC is free.. Why this 4k. Nawa ooh
Re: NYSC Speaks On #4000 Fee For Printing Call-up Letters. by seye15627(m): 2:49pm On Sep 11, 2014
Arrant Nonsense!... N4000 demanded from
unemployed graduates to print a letter?... What
kind of country are we running?....
Anyway, an opportunity for GEJ to shine; issues
like this should be seriously protested and I
trust Johnny to reverse this and claim some lost
glory

Thanks my brother, why on earth would unemployed graduate be charged to serve his country while some undiscerning educated ingrates earning bogus salaries and allowances all in the name of serving the nation, sitted on throne of power continue to milk us(the nation) without pity.
My fellow youths, these bloodsuckers will not stop until we become fearless,fight and tame it, these immorality should be frowned at and protested against, this is another opportunity for our voices to be heard as educated youths and future leaders of this dear country, let us say no to corruption(extortion). Let the war begin, let your voice be heard, take it to all social media, say no to corruption. Let it start from you.
Re: NYSC Speaks On #4000 Fee For Printing Call-up Letters. by mpowa(m): 2:50pm On Sep 11, 2014
rman:

The idea is good but the fee is ridiculous.

Even if they want to charge a fee, it shouldn't be more than 500 naira

#500 is even too much, NYSC is solely funded by the federal government, alot of billions is allocated to it yealy, they should pay the company from that and students should print letters FREE atleast it's the father land they're going to serve.

3 Likes

Re: NYSC Speaks On #4000 Fee For Printing Call-up Letters. by Smoj(m): 2:51pm On Sep 11, 2014
4k from an unemployed otondo,
OK, continue, diaris God
God will judge everytin u re doing

1 Like

Re: NYSC Speaks On #4000 Fee For Printing Call-up Letters. by Nobody: 3:03pm On Sep 11, 2014
omenka: Fraud has been officially legalised under Jonathan's regime!! This administration is the worst thing that has happened to this country after Boko Haram. Everybody stealing like frenzied killer whales or piranhas!!

God forbid!!

How is it the worst. He has only complemented what he met and that's called technology(New technology)
Re: NYSC Speaks On #4000 Fee For Printing Call-up Letters. by Nobody: 3:17pm On Sep 11, 2014
They know they can get away with it so why not....they are lording over the most docile group of apes anyways!
Re: NYSC Speaks On #4000 Fee For Printing Call-up Letters. by olaxybaba: 3:19pm On Sep 11, 2014
This is very funny! Does GEJ checks all these parastatals at all? why does he just allow everybody in his cabinet to rubbish his government. Surely, somebody (GEJ) is grossly incompetent!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Ex-Corper Returns To His Village To Show His Mother His NYSC Discharged Cert / Nysc 2014, Batch C Ogun Corpers. Let's Meet / The Ceilings At Corper's Lodge In Jigawa In Terrible State (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.