Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,814 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:23 AM

NYSC Speaks On #4000 Fee For Printing Call-up Letters. - NYSC (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / NYSC Speaks On #4000 Fee For Printing Call-up Letters. (33931 Views)

Printing Of NYSC Call Up Letters / Graduates With Fake NYSC Call-up Letters Sentenced / NYSC Batch A Candidates, Have Call-up Letters Shown Up In Your School Yet? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NYSC Speaks On #4000 Fee For Printing Call-up Letters. by Ryabcool(m): 3:26pm On Sep 11, 2014
MissBritney: These people are concerned only of making money. Its not worth it... And did I hear them talk about introducing cutting edge technology? Now that's a huge joke..
cutting edge my foot. This same SIDMACH was the one contracted to create and manage the jamb website back when i was looking for admission. That site took FOREVER to load when i was trying to register. Imagine a simple jamb reg taking me 2 WEEKS of going to the cafe back then. Mschew...
Re: NYSC Speaks On #4000 Fee For Printing Call-up Letters. by Oyinkansolanew(f): 3:30pm On Sep 11, 2014
But it is stated on the website dat if u are getting ur callup letter from ur school, u need not to pay the 4000#. Plz oh I think I am quoting correctly

1 Like

Re: NYSC Speaks On #4000 Fee For Printing Call-up Letters. by fairheven: 3:33pm On Sep 11, 2014
I trust GEJ,he will set up a committee to look into the remote an immediate cause an national assembly will "rubber-stamp"it recommendations coolnaija we de hail ooo!
An if I May ask,who owns SIDMAC TECHnology?am sure if we probe further,the DG.olawumi Johnson may have interest in it undecided lipsrsealed So I as again,who get this SIDMACH TECH?
Re: NYSC Speaks On #4000 Fee For Printing Call-up Letters. by 9jatatafo(m): 3:34pm On Sep 11, 2014
What a foolish excuse and brainless announcement. How could a fresh graduate going for NYSC pay N4000 for a common letter? This is absurdity and I expect NANS to fight this broad day light robbery with its last drop of blood. I wonder the silly policies we make in this country.

1 Like

Re: NYSC Speaks On #4000 Fee For Printing Call-up Letters. by Danachuks(m): 3:35pm On Sep 11, 2014
Funny 9ja... Indirect means 4 d prospective corp members 2 pay 4 dia NYSC khaki & kapito.
Jus Increase d allowee 2 50k.
..no big deal ,, it balances evry evry.
Re: NYSC Speaks On #4000 Fee For Printing Call-up Letters. by donodion(m): 3:50pm On Sep 11, 2014
Sagamite: £15 to print a letter?

So public officials signed a contract with a private entity to provide a service to the public (that was previously free and should be free) that leads to the people having to pay the private entity for at extortionate and criminal prices.

Pendusky, come and pray for your leaders. grin grin grin grin grin

Every arm of Nigerian govt parastatals and establishments reek of corruption.Imagine a scheme charging N4 fvking grand per corp member.

Its sickening.

4 Likes

Re: NYSC Speaks On #4000 Fee For Printing Call-up Letters. by oduastates: 4:03pm On Sep 11, 2014
Fascist government.

1 Like

Re: NYSC Speaks On #4000 Fee For Printing Call-up Letters. by armadeo(m): 4:04pm On Sep 11, 2014
Montaque: Nigerians and blame game, who else is left out? Jona,patience,abati,fashola etc. We jst dey blame like its inborn. Before u blame the system, ask of the advantages this policy offers. Afterall,its optional if ur uni is at ur backyard.

My friend its a call up letter. There's no advantage anywhere except to those who plan to rip of Nigerians.

4 Likes

Re: NYSC Speaks On #4000 Fee For Printing Call-up Letters. by tafrica(m): 4:22pm On Sep 11, 2014
Please bombard these handles with tweets, but please don't insult; let's drive home our agitation in most civil ways
@doyinokupe, @renoomokri and @abati1990
Let's start vociferating for what we vehemently stand for.
I have sent my tweets to those handles, you can also do that.
Again, no insults or vulgar words driven towards them. Just bombard them with tweets until it is reversed.
I'm not a corper nor an intending one, only felt concerned about this ugly and distasteful development.

4 Likes

Re: NYSC Speaks On #4000 Fee For Printing Call-up Letters. by tafrica(m): 4:22pm On Sep 11, 2014
Please bombard these handles with tweets, but please don't insult; let's drive home our agitation in most civil ways
;
@doyinokupe, @renoomokri and @abati1990
Let's start vociferating for what we vehemently stand for.
I have sent my tweets to those handles, you can also do that.
Again, no insults or vulgar words driven towards them. Just bombard them with tweets until it is reversed.
I'm not a corper nor an intending one, only felt concerned about this ugly and distasteful development.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: NYSC Speaks On #4000 Fee For Printing Call-up Letters. by zurine(f): 4:22pm On Sep 11, 2014
naija
Re: NYSC Speaks On #4000 Fee For Printing Call-up Letters. by pitfol(m): 4:25pm On Sep 11, 2014
Which means we must "pay" to serve our father land... God help Nigeria
Re: NYSC Speaks On #4000 Fee For Printing Call-up Letters. by Nobody: 4:30pm On Sep 11, 2014
Sagamite: £15 to print a letter?

So public officials signed a contract with a private entity to provide a service to the public (that was previously free and should be free) that leads to the people having to pay the private entity for at extortionate and criminal prices.

Pendusky, come and pray for your leaders. grin grin grin grin grin
Bros, it totally boggles my mind! In Nigeria, people have to pay to get an Army, Immigration recruitment form; now the NYSC has joined the party.
Folks who say these fund-raiding schemes are geared toward funding GEJ's re-election bid, may not be far from the truth.

3 Likes

Re: NYSC Speaks On #4000 Fee For Printing Call-up Letters. by okunboy: 4:31pm On Sep 11, 2014
grin make una calm down it will be reduced.....it is a strategy...they knw una go complain thats why dey start frm 4k. After protest..shoutings, and summons. Nysc will reduce it to N1500 then everybody will be happy!
#lobatan! # This Govt. wise pass walaahi! grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: NYSC Speaks On #4000 Fee For Printing Call-up Letters. by Curiouscity(m): 4:35pm On Sep 11, 2014
This is really sad!! But more sad is the fact most Nigerians will queue to and fight to pay this money. Our complacency aka 'suffering and smiling' is why our civil servants and politicians continue to take us as fools.

I am mad about this!! Can someone give the phone number or email to anyone at the NYSC headquarters? I have been to their yeye website, such info is not available. Does the DG has any facebook page? Let me try something, even when I did my NYSC 12yrs ago. We need to fight to save this country from these Shylocks.

4 Likes

Re: NYSC Speaks On #4000 Fee For Printing Call-up Letters. by Pa22(m): 5:03pm On Sep 11, 2014
inexcusable FRAUD!!!
Re: NYSC Speaks On #4000 Fee For Printing Call-up Letters. by AdeniyiA(m): 5:04pm On Sep 11, 2014
NIGERIA -- always adding burden to the downtrodden.
BTW, is Nigeria a capitalist nation?
Re: NYSC Speaks On #4000 Fee For Printing Call-up Letters. by princesa(f): 5:06pm On Sep 11, 2014
They should not just try nonsense with me atall. Is it the call up letter to heaven that we are printing?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: NYSC Speaks On #4000 Fee For Printing Call-up Letters. by ochukofortune(m): 5:07pm On Sep 11, 2014
Corps members wey no get money na dem dis fucking government and rich men wan exploit abi? Where av u seen one sheet of paper containing just call up number and state of posting costing £ 15? Bleep dez fools dat are stealing from d poor...No be say work de if dem even pass out o....Please all d youths in dis country its high time we stand up and fight for our Right...One naija
Re: NYSC Speaks On #4000 Fee For Printing Call-up Letters. by rajoys: 5:39pm On Sep 11, 2014
retepmurt: NATIONAL Youth Service Corps, NYSC, yesterday, explained that the N4,000 fee imposed on prospective corps members for printing of call-up letters on-line was for services and infrastructure to be deployed by the collaborating firm.

Director General of NYSC, Brig-General Jonhson Olawumi, said the money was neither for the scheme nor the corps producing institutions as it was being alleged by some quarters.

NYSC, in a bid to improve its operations in line with global cutting-edge technology, went into partnership with a private company, Messrs. SIDMACH Technologies Nigeria Limited, for the full computerisation of the mobilisation process.

www.vanguardngr.com/2014/09/nysc-speaks-n4000-fee-printing-call-letters/

RUBBISH, the time i served we collected the letter in school free. For the DG NYSC, u people should know that Nigeria is getting harder by the day. Why and I ask why must u charge N4000 to print call up letter? Which type of country is this Nigeria for God sake. Everybody just want to milked the down trodden to make wealth. If DG will care to reason, that N4000 from young graduates in Nigeria is the same thing with N1000 collected by immigration for job aptitude test that killed about 13 or is it 16 youth then. THIEF THIEF , OLE people.

3 Likes

Re: NYSC Speaks On #4000 Fee For Printing Call-up Letters. by Nobody: 5:40pm On Sep 11, 2014
retepmurt: NATIONAL Youth Service Corps, NYSC, yesterday, explained that the N4,000 fee imposed on prospective corps members for printing of call-up letters on-line was for services and infrastructure to be deployed by the collaborating firm.

Director General of NYSC, Brig-General Jonhson Olawumi, said the money was neither for the scheme nor the corps producing institutions as it was being alleged by some quarters.

NYSC, in a bid to improve its operations in line with global cutting-edge technology, went into partnership with a private company, Messrs. SIDMACH Technologies Nigeria Limited, for the full computerisation of the mobilisation process.

www.vanguardngr.com/2014/09/nysc-speaks-n4000-fee-printing-call-letters/

This is about $25
To print a letter?
And the DG justifies it?

That Johnson Olawumi guy is a goat
If you go and check SIDMACH technology belongs to him and his family

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: NYSC Speaks On #4000 Fee For Printing Call-up Letters. by afolabiosho(m): 6:19pm On Sep 11, 2014
Who send them message, if I hear cutting-edge technology again eh. Are the potential corps complaining of the normal mobilisation process. God save our land.
Re: NYSC Speaks On #4000 Fee For Printing Call-up Letters. by BetaThings: 6:29pm On Sep 11, 2014
obailala:
Arrant Nonsense!... N4000 demanded from unemployed graduates to print a letter?... What kind of country are we running?....

Anyway, an opportunity for GEJ to shine; issues like this should be seriously protested and I trust Johnny to reverse this and claim some lost glory grin
Only in a backward thinking country can damage control become a political asset
Going by your argument, Jonathan can dramatically improve his approval rating by mandating every minister to
come up with 2 fiasco each which he will proceed to deal with or reverse like a compassionate grandfather
Isn't that the way to go when you are the only saint and every member of your uncoordinated team is a bungler

2 Likes

Re: NYSC Speaks On #4000 Fee For Printing Call-up Letters. by BetaThings: 6:31pm On Sep 11, 2014
rajoys:

RUBBISH, the time i served we collected the letter in school free. For the DG NYSC, u people should know that Nigeria is getting harder by the day. Why and I ask why must u charge N4000 to print call up letter? Which type of country is this Nigeria for God sake. Everybody just want to milked the down trodden to make wealth. If DG will care to reason, that N4000 from young graduates in Nigeria is the same thing with N1000 collected by immigration for job aptitude test that killed about 13 or is it 16 youth then. THIEF THIEF , OLE people.

In a united country, all the corpers will refuse to pay
But in Nigeria, they will say APC is behind it
Or that the Muslims are sabotaging his efforts
Re: NYSC Speaks On #4000 Fee For Printing Call-up Letters. by olajobsmaster(m): 7:14pm On Sep 11, 2014
LoL! Oya, please comment.
stevolinkon40: Can I comment pls?
Re: NYSC Speaks On #4000 Fee For Printing Call-up Letters. by olajobsmaster(m): 7:18pm On Sep 11, 2014
Despite the fact that the NYSC Service is free, the Nigerian still found a way to monetize it sha!
Soon now, they will charge us to search for job online with scratch cards abi?
Well, at least I know www.jobsmaster.com.ng will always be free for job search
Re: NYSC Speaks On #4000 Fee For Printing Call-up Letters. by stevolinkon40: 7:25pm On Sep 11, 2014
olajobsmaster: LoL! Oya, please comment.
I will when I find my goggles. I lost it last night

1 Like

Re: NYSC Speaks On #4000 Fee For Printing Call-up Letters. by Shigoboy(m): 7:33pm On Sep 11, 2014
That oga jonah will pretend as if he doesn't no what is going on now, until the registration close, he will now start making foolish fake comment that why must nysc charge for call up letter as him take do for the collection of 1k for NIS registration, after he don collect him percentage, who is fooling who?

2 Likes

Re: NYSC Speaks On #4000 Fee For Printing Call-up Letters. by ethicalUser(m): 7:49pm On Sep 11, 2014
The student union government and NANS should mobilise its students and protest against this fee. This is very unfair extorting so much money from graduates and still post them to death traps all in the name of serving their fatherland.
Re: NYSC Speaks On #4000 Fee For Printing Call-up Letters. by ethicalUser(m): 7:54pm On Sep 11, 2014
ochukofortune: Corps members wey no get money na dem dis fucking government and rich men wan exploit abi? Where av u seen one sheet of paper containing just call up number and state of posting costing £ 15? Bleep dez fools dat are stealing from d poor...No be say work de if dem even pass out o....Please all d youths in dis country its high time we stand up and fight for our Right...One naija
Honestly they can start the campaign against this fee from here.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Ex-Corper Returns To His Village To Show His Mother His NYSC Discharged Cert / Nysc 2014, Batch C Ogun Corpers. Let's Meet / The Ceilings At Corper's Lodge In Jigawa In Terrible State (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.