Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,790 members, 7,820,773 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:17 PM

Lasues-An Institution Established To Empower Or Defraud? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Lasues-An Institution Established To Empower Or Defraud? (631 Views)

5 Ways Nigerian Universities Defraud Students / Factors To Consider Before Choosing An Institution In The Next Utme / What You Did Consider Before Choosing An Institution In Jamb? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Lasues-An Institution Established To Empower Or Defraud? by Sparklesebony: 1:00pm On Sep 11, 2014
Lagos State University External System (LASUES) was established in March 2002 by the University Senate and the Governoring Council, to operate the various part-time programmes approved by the University Senate on its various campuses with the expectation that its operation would not be truncated by strikes and lock-outs.

However, less than 12yrs later, those who bought into this 'noble vision' are full of regrets, depression, stagnation, etc. as a result of some of the following reasons:

1. A 5yrs course could extend to 7yrs;
2. Sometimes, the result grade earned for a particular course may be different from what's recorded on the student's profile;
3. Poor records keeping/ management on the part of the administrative staff members which has earned some unfortunate students extra year;
4.Delay or no issuance of certificates years after graduation;
5. Delay due to strike action in the main campus etc.

The above and some unmentioned issues were some of the reasons why the LASUES was ordered to stop addmission till further notice.

Recently, students wererr prevented from writing 2013 harmattan semester exam (in late 2014) because they have not paid their school fees. I bet you would agree with me that the Management has a right to prevent debtors from writing exams; but not when the students have causes not to pay.
1. There are courses sat for but results not yet seen (extra year thingz? Extra money. Lol).
2. Those who graduated as far back as 5yrs ago are4 yet to be issued 'To Whom It May Concern' talk much of Certificate. (Why won't I go and start all over with the little I have now?).
3. LASUES will be completely shutdown in 2016 (rumored) yet the mgt is not in a hurrry with its curriculum.

I could go on and on but time won't permit me. One thing is certain: those who wasted the resource, energy and time of these helpless, powerless, voiceless, but invincible youths won't go unpunished in this life and beyond.

In the meantime, I believe the just and fair thing to do, is to let these students to write the long-awaited examination in peace.

(1) (Reply)

50 Redundant Phrases To Avoid (final Part) By Mark Nichol / PTI Admission List 2014/2015 Released / Forensic Mycology

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.