Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,696 members, 7,809,632 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:12 PM

I Didn't Travel To Chad With Sheriff, Says Jonathan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Didn't Travel To Chad With Sheriff, Says Jonathan (19071 Views)

Buhari’s Appointments Are Not Lopsided Says Jonathan’s Former-aide, Omokiri / Buhari Leaves Bokos To Chad But Sends Airforce Jets To The SS / We Can't Fight Boko Haram Alone: APC Defends Buhari's Trip To Chad, Niger (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Didn't Travel To Chad With Sheriff, Says Jonathan by rhazur(m): 6:47pm On Sep 11, 2014
President Goodluck Jonathan has denied that he travelled to ChadMondaywith a former governor of Borno State, Ali Modu Sheriff.
The president, in a statement today by his spokesman, Reuben Abati, also denied that Sheriff participated in a security meeting with him and Chadian President Idriss Deby.
Meanwhile, the presidential spokesman hadMondayevening posted a picture on his twitter handle showing Sheriff seated in a meeting with Jonathan and Deby.
Australian negotiator Stephen Davis had recently alleged that Sheriff and a former Army Chief Azubuike Ihejirika were sponsors of the Boko Haram sect.
The president had come under attacks for travelling to Chad with Sheriff for the security meeting aimed at forging a stronger alliance against terrorism and violent extremism.
But Abati claimed today that Sheriff was not on Jonathan's entourage to Ndjamena, saying the former governor happened to be there at the time of the president’s visit and joined other Nigerian residents of the Chadian capital in coming to the airport to welcome Jonathan.
The presidential spokesman specifically slammed the All Progressives Congress (APC) and other critics for accusing Jonathan of hobnobbing with the alleged financier of the Boko Haram sect.
Abati, who said Sheriff’s presence in Chad was not at Jonathan’s instance, also insisted that the former governor did not participate in any of the president’s discussions with President Idriss Deby or his (Jonathan's) other engagements in Ndjamena.

Source: www.dailytrust.com.ng/daily/top-stories/34191-breaking-news-i-didn-t-travel-to-chad-with-sheriff-says-jonathan
Re: I Didn't Travel To Chad With Sheriff, Says Jonathan by mistudreh(m): 7:05pm On Sep 11, 2014
This presidency can lie oooo... After everything don cast.
No be same Abati dey upload pic for twitter...

54 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Didn't Travel To Chad With Sheriff, Says Jonathan by freshprincex49(m): 7:12pm On Sep 11, 2014
What will they deny next? That the picture we all saw was photoshoped? Or that it was taken @ another event?..

I am slowly beggining to lose faith in this Government. How can people be so dumb and insensitive? Even if it were just for eye service, the presidency is supposed to distance itself from this man untill those allegations are cleared.

As I am typing this, my device will go off any moment because I've not had power supply for almost 48 hrs, yet somebody will tell me there is hope for this 'Hell' called Nigeria!

Leaders fail to understand that they will one day descend from the throne and give account of their actions! ......that day will surely come!

69 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I Didn't Travel To Chad With Sheriff, Says Jonathan by gunuvi(m): 7:24pm On Sep 11, 2014
na plan work so BH peeps will feel betrayed and sing more.

2 Likes

Re: I Didn't Travel To Chad With Sheriff, Says Jonathan by stevolinkon40: 7:24pm On Sep 11, 2014
This app update is madt
Re: I Didn't Travel To Chad With Sheriff, Says Jonathan by Talkcentral: 7:24pm On Sep 11, 2014
stevolinkon40: This app update is madt
Re: I Didn't Travel To Chad With Sheriff, Says Jonathan by Nobody: 7:24pm On Sep 11, 2014
Calling Sahara Reporters ...

9 Likes

Re: I Didn't Travel To Chad With Sheriff, Says Jonathan by eleojo23: 7:25pm On Sep 11, 2014
Ok.

3 Likes

Re: I Didn't Travel To Chad With Sheriff, Says Jonathan by Jimfender(m): 7:26pm On Sep 11, 2014
all these lies.. for what?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Didn't Travel To Chad With Sheriff, Says Jonathan by Ideyontop: 7:26pm On Sep 11, 2014
Really? Sherrif happened to be there? By mistake? Oya Sherrif lie down on the table,(Flogging Sherrif) twai, twai, twai, why did you go there when the president was coming? What did you go there to do? Twai, twai.......

36 Likes

Re: I Didn't Travel To Chad With Sheriff, Says Jonathan by Winners72(m): 7:26pm On Sep 11, 2014
Useless pple! Who are the so called presidency self?

13 Likes

Re: I Didn't Travel To Chad With Sheriff, Says Jonathan by Chidexter(m): 7:27pm On Sep 11, 2014
God bless Nigeria

3 Likes

Re: I Didn't Travel To Chad With Sheriff, Says Jonathan by tempem: 7:27pm On Sep 11, 2014
Huh? My hear
Who are we to believe then?
Re: I Didn't Travel To Chad With Sheriff, Says Jonathan by 9jvirgin(m): 7:28pm On Sep 11, 2014
Wetin we never hear.....

2 Likes

Re: I Didn't Travel To Chad With Sheriff, Says Jonathan by Nobody: 7:28pm On Sep 11, 2014
As usual...we already know. They deny everything nowadays sad Even when they're caught red-handed!

17 Likes

Re: I Didn't Travel To Chad With Sheriff, Says Jonathan by denigma2(m): 7:29pm On Sep 11, 2014
Was this photoshopped

44 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I Didn't Travel To Chad With Sheriff, Says Jonathan by Omexonomy: 7:29pm On Sep 11, 2014
[left][/left]APC and BH are the main problem of nigeria. Gej should look for a way to do away with them and our problem will be 78% solved.

5 Likes

Re: I Didn't Travel To Chad With Sheriff, Says Jonathan by tempem: 7:29pm On Sep 11, 2014
This thing Will change to lengthy text now

2 Likes

Re: I Didn't Travel To Chad With Sheriff, Says Jonathan by Spacless(m): 7:30pm On Sep 11, 2014
Up chad :PUp chad
Re: I Didn't Travel To Chad With Sheriff, Says Jonathan by Smartsyn(m): 7:30pm On Sep 11, 2014
freshprincex49: What will they deny next? That the picture we all saw was photoshoped? Or that it was taken @ another event?..

I am slowly beggining to lose faith in this Government. How can people be so dumb and insensitive? Even if it were just for eye service, the presidency is supposed to distance itself from this man untill those allegations are cleared.

As I am typing this, my device will go off any moment because I've not had power supply for almost 48 hrs, yet somebody will tell me there is hope for this 'Hell' called Nigeria!

Leaders fail to understand that they will one day descend from the throne and give account of their actions! ......that day will surely come!
tolerance is all you need

2 Likes

Re: I Didn't Travel To Chad With Sheriff, Says Jonathan by AAlozie(m): 7:31pm On Sep 11, 2014
The presidency is always denying every statement made earlier. Well, that is not surprising since the presidency is the 'Judas Iscariot' of Nigeria and Nigerians.
Oh Obasanjo! I miss u! This man from Bayelsa is making me wish I was an assassin. I for don shoot that hat comot for his head.

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Didn't Travel To Chad With Sheriff, Says Jonathan by Nobody: 7:32pm On Sep 11, 2014
Ok. Cherif get ebola 4 body now, so evry person de dis-own am!

Oga cherif no vex God dey sha

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Didn't Travel To Chad With Sheriff, Says Jonathan by Nobody: 7:32pm On Sep 11, 2014
NA

42 Likes

Re: I Didn't Travel To Chad With Sheriff, Says Jonathan by Mistermamus(m): 7:33pm On Sep 11, 2014
nonsense
Re: I Didn't Travel To Chad With Sheriff, Says Jonathan by misterh(m): 7:35pm On Sep 11, 2014
What an unconvincing lie. So even them in a room together was him welcoming GEJ. Feck you very much.

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Didn't Travel To Chad With Sheriff, Says Jonathan by ochukoccna: 7:35pm On Sep 11, 2014
Every passing day it gets clearer than daylight that Goodluck is incapable of leading a country as complex and multifaceted as Nigeria undecided undecided
Pray why does this government continue to make elementary errors of judgement in even the simplest of decisions? angry
It is like a child who talks ,then understands and then thinks sad sad
How can you be seen hobnobbing with the supposed sponsor of Boko Haram?...a man the DSS says it is investigating on this allegation embarassed embarassed
All because of 2015 undecided
You cannot give what you do not have shocked shocked
This is a core celestial principle and anyone who understands principles know they cannot be violated without repercussions lipsrsealed
This man keeps dragging Nigeria in the mud of ridicule with his actions , decisions and inactions everyday as he has brought the office of the Presidency to his levelcry cry
As someone said on a radio program, how can this man who cannot educate his wife take Nigeria to the promised land?
Very soon, he will be vomited out of the bowels of Aso Rock in which he believes he's so safely ensconced in
Just wait and see

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Didn't Travel To Chad With Sheriff, Says Jonathan by sCun: 7:35pm On Sep 11, 2014
looking a the pic below, it is 100% clear that Sheriff was part of the team WELCOMING Jonathan not part of the Presidential entourage. So the Presidency's version of him actually being in Chad before the is true.
www.nairaland.com/attachments/1688634_eddee_jpeg1f1ac8353b0dae96fa690440fb5bbfa0

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Didn't Travel To Chad With Sheriff, Says Jonathan by Nobody: 7:35pm On Sep 11, 2014
Jonathan,denying every accusations against him since 1907!

grin grin

13 Likes

Re: I Didn't Travel To Chad With Sheriff, Says Jonathan by feyif(f): 7:36pm On Sep 11, 2014
Professional Liars

7 Likes

Re: I Didn't Travel To Chad With Sheriff, Says Jonathan by Jakpon: 7:37pm On Sep 11, 2014
Ali Modu Sheriff is a scam

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

President Buhari Returns After Private Visit To London / Egwu Chidiebere Goodluck Resgins From Umahi’s Cabinet / 6 Killed As Local Vigilantes Avenge Leader Killed By Fulanis In Sokoto.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.