Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,606 members, 7,812,988 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:48 AM

Introducing eLanceNG.com - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Introducing eLanceNG.com (1720 Views)

Introducing Nigeria's First Funny Pictures And Memes Directory. / Introducing Textpad - A Software To Quickly Learn Web Development With HTML,CSS / Introducing: Unlimited ALPHA Master Reseller Hosting in Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Introducing eLanceNG.com by Nobody: 9:05pm On Sep 11, 2014
This is one of the projects that I'm developing, [url]eLanceNG.Com[/url] - a freelance site for Nigerians.

Similar to Fiverr.Com in which freelancers can take on projects and employers can list projects.

This is still work in continuous production (I have other projects I am working on) but it is live and working. You can list your projects and take on projects.

I will not be charging at all until much later so what you earn is yours to keep 100%

Please take a look and I welcome constructive criticism.

Thanks.

PS: I am also looking for collaboration on this and other projects (please see [url]City.NG[/url] ) to see if we can build this to a higher level together. I can do the computer related work here in the US and partners in Nigeria can do the Nigeria part such as advertising, relationship building, etc

1 Like

Re: Introducing eLanceNG.com by Derb007: 8:00pm On Oct 05, 2014
its nice bt dont u think it should be mobile friendly?

1 Like

Re: Introducing eLanceNG.com by Nobody: 9:06am On Oct 06, 2014
Derb007:
its nice bt dont u think it should be mobile friendly?

Thanks for the feedback.

The current version is responsive and usable. The next update (completely unscheduled at this time due to other deliverables) will definitely include a mobile theme.

Thanks once again.
Re: Introducing eLanceNG.com by Kalet5: 12:11pm On Oct 06, 2014
I will like to partner with you

1 Like

Re: Introducing eLanceNG.com by Adwexky(m): 12:59pm On Oct 06, 2014
If the freelance website is restrivted to Nigerians, then I think Naira should be welcomed in lieu of Dollar.

1 Like

Re: Introducing eLanceNG.com by Adwexky(m): 12:59pm On Oct 06, 2014
If the freelance website is restricted to Nigerians, then I think Naira should be welcomed in lieu of Dollar.
Re: Introducing eLanceNG.com by Nobody: 3:16pm On Oct 06, 2014
Adwexky:
If the freelance website is restrivted to Nigerians, then I think Naira should be welcomed in lieu of Dollar.

I actually understand where you are coming from.

eLanceNG is not just for the Nigerian market. There are a lot of talented Nigerians who might want to compete in the international sphere and offer their services internationally also.

I chose $ as a neutral and most common denominator.

Most of the people selling on Fiverr are from India and Pakistan, as an example.

But your idea is duly noted and will be put into review for the next update. Thank you for taking the time.
Re: Introducing eLanceNG.com by Nobody: 3:17pm On Oct 06, 2014
Kalet5:
I will like to partner with you

Excellent. I posted earlier that I am looking for collaboration with Nigerian entities.

Do you have WhatsApp (+1-909-206-2214) or BBM (7969F6E4)?

Thank you.
Re: Introducing eLanceNG.com by kay29000(m): 4:22pm On Oct 06, 2014
Lovely idea. I will check out the site when I get on my laptop.

1 Like

Re: Introducing eLanceNG.com by Derb007: 10:20pm On Oct 06, 2014
CityNG:

I actually understand where you are coming from.

eLanceNG is not just for the Nigerian market. There are a lot of talented Nigerians who might want to compete in the international sphere and offer their services internationally also.

I chose $ as a neutral and most common denominator.

Most of the people selling on Fiverr are from India and Pakistan, as an example.

But your idea is duly noted and will be put into review for the next update. Thank you for taking the time.

but dont you think if you want to do something like that you should start with your own country before going else where and if you must go elsewhere then there should be an option to be able to change it to your own currency if you understand where am cuming from...
Re: Introducing eLanceNG.com by Derb007: 10:22pm On Oct 06, 2014
@OP i forgot the add....You should remove the adverts first because you are just starting using Fiveer as an example like you always mention...if you notice they didnt start with uploadin ads and all that
Re: Introducing eLanceNG.com by Nobody: 10:30pm On Oct 06, 2014
Derb007:
@OP i forgot the add....You should remove the adverts first because you are just starting using Fiveer as an example like you always mention...if you notice they didnt start with uploadin ads and all that

Thank you for the advert suggestion.

Those are not external paid adverts but they promote my other personally owned sites.
Re: Introducing eLanceNG.com by Nobody: 10:33pm On Oct 06, 2014
Derb007:

but dont you think if you want to do something like that you should start with your own country before going else where and if you must go elsewhere then there should be an option to be able to change it to your own currency if you understand where am cuming from...

I understand where you're coming from and believe me I'm taking all these suggestions in mind.

Thanks for your time.

PS: you know I think of these site as not my own in a sense. I want serous freelancers to adopt it and tell me what they want and how they want the site to accommodate them. With me customer service is job number 1 and I am listening attentively.
Re: Introducing eLanceNG.com by Nobody: 10:34pm On Oct 06, 2014
kay29000:
Lovely idea. I will check out the site when I get on my laptop.

Thank you and please feel free to offer any criticism for the site.
Re: Introducing eLanceNG.com by Derb007: 10:39pm On Oct 06, 2014
CityNG:

Thank you for the advert suggestion.

Those are not external paid adverts but they promote my other personally owned sites.

Yes i understand you perfectly if you want it to be in this website it should be just a link at the bottom of the page because when i see a site with alot of advert everywhere i wont just know where to click and am just going to walk away....
Re: Introducing eLanceNG.com by Nobody: 11:17pm On Oct 06, 2014
Derb007:

Yes I understand you perfectly if you want it to be in this website it should be just a link at the bottom of the page because when i see a site with a lot of advert everywhere i wont just know where to click and am just going to walk away....

I made those changes that you pointed out as I had some free time this afternoon and will devote some more time later in the evening.

Please keep the constructive criticism coming and I thank you for your time.
Re: Introducing eLanceNG.com by Derb007: 11:42pm On Oct 06, 2014
CityNG:

I made those changes that you pointed out as I had some free time this afternoon and will devote some more time later in the evening.

Please keep the constructive criticism coming and I thank you for your time.

You welcome bruv

1 Like

Re: Introducing eLanceNG.com by 3RNEST(m): 12:17am On Oct 08, 2014
i gat problem with the name elanceNG, why? not somethinq more unique with a naija brand....
Re: Introducing eLanceNG.com by Nobody: 12:42am On Oct 08, 2014
3RNEST:
i gat problem with the name elanceNG, why? not somethinq more unique with a naija brand....

One thing to keep in mind is that we also want foreigners to hire Nigerian freelancers. So it's not just for Nigeria's businesses looking for a freelancer but also foreign companies.

This is what I was trying to leverage with the name.

But I completely understand where you are coming from. It is the tree that sways with the wind that doesn't break.
Re: Introducing eLanceNG.com by 3RNEST(m): 1:10pm On Oct 08, 2014
CityNG:

One thing to keep in mind is that we also want foreigners to hire Nigerian freelancers. So it's not just for Nigeria's businesses looking for a freelancer but also foreign companies.

This is what I was trying to leverage with the name.

But I completely understand where you are coming from. It is the tree that sways with the wind that doesn't break.
Question: Does Elance have afflilate with ElanceNG? i guess u know where i'm cominq from?
Re: Introducing eLanceNG.com by skillforce: 2:28pm On Oct 08, 2014
If you want to build strong and respectable corporate credo into the site/startup then change of the name elance is a requirement. If you want to serve international markets from day one, nigerian domain extension wouldn't be the best.
Re: Introducing eLanceNG.com by Nobody: 2:52pm On Oct 08, 2014
3RNEST:

Question: Does Elance have afflilate with ElanceNG? i guess u know where i'm cominq from?

No affiliation whatsoever.

Thanks.
Re: Introducing eLanceNG.com by Nobody: 8:15pm On Oct 12, 2014
Derb007:

Thank you for your input.

I took your suggestion into serious consideration and I am happy to report that I have now made the change.

Hopefully you and others will find the site useful.

Please continue to offer your opinions and suggestions.
Re: Introducing eLanceNG.com by Nobody: 8:17pm On Oct 12, 2014
Adwexky:

Thank you for your input.

I have included your suggestion in the update for this month.

Please take a look and see if this fits the idea you had in mind.
Re: Introducing eLanceNG.com by pjae: 8:43pm On Oct 17, 2014
looks great. just signed up, but the site still needs to be worked on. The skills are narrowed down to Android, Apple, CMS, PHP, Website, WordPress. if some needed to do a graphics work, none of the skills fit, it needs more categories, only two are listed on the site - graphics with subcategory banner/logo, and Software with no subcategory...
Re: Introducing eLanceNG.com by Nobody: 9:07pm On Oct 17, 2014
pjae:
looks great. just signed up, but the site still needs to be worked on. The skills are narrowed down to Android, Apple, CMS, PHP, Website, WordPress. if some needed to do a graphics work, none of the skills fit, it needs more categories, only two are listed on the site - graphics with subcategory banner/logo, and Software with no subcategory...

All duly noted and will be worked on.

And I thank you for your time.
Re: Introducing eLanceNG.com by naijarates(m): 1:24am On Oct 18, 2014
I LOVE CREATIVE PEOPLE LIKE US. NICE ONE,MORE DATA TO UR BUNDLE. grin grin

1 Like

Re: Introducing eLanceNG.com by Kay512: 2:52pm On Oct 18, 2014
I must commend your creativity. However I realised the site has very few to NO users. Don't be discouraged, remember Rome wasn't built in a day, Nairaland didn't start yesterday, Facebook didn't either. FIVEER and other freelancing sites didn't start yesterday.

To speed things up, how about advertising the website on sites like Nairaland (because of course we have many of them, freelancers, here; they'll even rush there on sighting FREE ) and other popular websites. Remember you want to run this as a business.

Another thing I'll also like to talk about is about posting articles about entrepreneurship on the /blog, and most especially freelancing related articles.
Re: Introducing eLanceNG.com by Nobody: 3:02pm On Oct 18, 2014
Kay512:
I must commend your creativity. However I realised the site has very few to NO users. Don't be discouraged, remember Rome wasn't built in a day, Nairaland didn't start yesterday, Facebook didn't either. FIVEER and other freelancing sites didn't start yesterday.

To speed things up, how about advertising the website on sites like Nairaland (because of course we have many of them, freelancers, here; they'll even rush there on sighting FREE ) and other popular websites. Remember you want to run this as a business.

Another thing I'll also like to talk about is about posting articles about entrepreneurship on the /blog, and most especially freelancing related articles.

Thanks for your time and input. You are right, the site is not that active yet but that is to be expected at this infancy stage (though I do have to deny/delete certain registrations that doesn't fit what we're trying to do here).

All your suggestions and opinions are valid and will be taken into consideration.

Thanks once again.

(1) (Reply)

Forums Needed To Be On One Of The Top Forums I Will Be Writing About / Website Design Training In Portharcourt -alpha Website Company / Create A Movie/music Website With These Php Scripts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.