Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,312 members, 7,822,540 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:37 PM

No Eagles Without Mikel — Keshi - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / No Eagles Without Mikel — Keshi (25578 Views)

El-rufai, Mikel, Siasia,Ighalo Win At Bet9ja Pitch Awards / Super Eagles Better Off Without Mikel - Swaziland Coach / Without Mikel Nigeria Is Out Of The World Cup. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: No Eagles Without Mikel — Keshi by iceberylin(m): 11:02am On Sep 12, 2014
Only Jah know the kind of weed Keshie has been taking
Re: No Eagles Without Mikel — Keshi by amiskurie(m): 11:02am On Sep 12, 2014
INSTINCTS: .
Abeg,help humanity confiscate your phone.
Re: No Eagles Without Mikel — Keshi by Nobody: 11:02am On Sep 12, 2014
RockMaxi: Something is definitely wrong with Keshi...
I THINK EVERYBODY KNOWS THAT NOW.

1 Like

Re: No Eagles Without Mikel — Keshi by juicydiceyjoe(m): 11:02am On Sep 12, 2014
True, Mikel is currently eagles best player grin
And the most experienced; no doubt.
Every footballer even messi loses form sometimes and comes back better so will mikel

3 Likes

Re: No Eagles Without Mikel — Keshi by benkings(m): 11:03am On Sep 12, 2014
msmon: If I say Stephen, you will say Koshi
If I say Mikel, you will say 'Slow'
Stephen, Koshi!
Mikel, Slow!

Stephen, Koshi!
Mikel, Slow!

Stephen, Koshi!
Mikel, Slow!

Stephen, Koshi!
Mikel, Slow!
is this suppose. To be funi
Re: No Eagles Without Mikel — Keshi by chalxdon(m): 11:03am On Sep 12, 2014
seunlayi: [size=38pt]mikel must go[/size]
Go where?
Re: No Eagles Without Mikel — Keshi by IYANGBALI: 11:04am On Sep 12, 2014
Eleribu lokunrin yi sa,cash and carry coach
Re: No Eagles Without Mikel — Keshi by maxisfield(f): 11:05am On Sep 12, 2014
What is ds one sayin angry
Re: No Eagles Without Mikel — Keshi by ugoezeik(m): 11:05am On Sep 12, 2014
u say it well keshi. d lad is a fantastic player, just dat he hasn't been in good book record of morinho. I know quite well he is better dan matic in Chelsea, just because of black skin. its well

1 Like

Re: No Eagles Without Mikel — Keshi by IYANGBALI: 11:05am On Sep 12, 2014
chalxdon:
Go where?
eyimba
Re: No Eagles Without Mikel — Keshi by ibangs(m): 11:06am On Sep 12, 2014
I grin when i hear people say Mikel must go. Well, at times i don't really fault them for saying so because a whole lot was expected from the young and talented Mikel of 2005 whose forte and prowess was in attacking position( A.midfielder). The then shrewd and quick-witted Mikel couldn't just leave up to his full potential in the senior national team thus some degree of resentment from fans.

However, the fact is that no Nigerian player currently playing in Europe or anywhere in the world, bag the nugget of experience this young man bagged, so in my opinion i think we still need him for that if not for anything. May be we are just too quick to forget how he flaunt this experience and the vital role he played in the 2013 AFCON which eventually brought us the crown.

Having said that, his game honestly has really dwindle no doubt about that, but he can still peak up if he desire it badly, am sure of that. I don't think he is that bad to be drop from the National team, at least not now.

Am sure he still have something to offer that will make us all smile again and chant his name before bowing out from the senior National team.

3 Likes

Re: No Eagles Without Mikel — Keshi by Nobody: 11:06am On Sep 12, 2014
I think it's the other way round. No Mikel without Eagles.
If he doesn't play in the Super Eagles team, I don't think he would be hardly noticed anywhere anymore save the profile he already has.
He has nothing new to add.
People must learn to evolve. Be better at what you do.

2 Likes

Re: No Eagles Without Mikel — Keshi by IYANGBALI: 11:06am On Sep 12, 2014
maxisfield: What is ds one sayin angry
I said I loves you wink
Re: No Eagles Without Mikel — Keshi by kennosklint(m): 11:07am On Sep 12, 2014
I nor blame keshi,na cos he still dey there as coach na em make am dey run mouth...he go soon kiss d exit door no wori..

1 Like

Re: No Eagles Without Mikel — Keshi by amiskurie(m): 11:08am On Sep 12, 2014
INSTINCTS: ..GUY FACE FRONT.
na ur head dey block me o...abeg bend down.

1 Like

Re: No Eagles Without Mikel — Keshi by akpanikpe(m): 11:10am On Sep 12, 2014
undecided
Re: No Eagles Without Mikel — Keshi by GodMode: 11:10am On Sep 12, 2014
emperorchedda: Mikel is very important to Nigeria just as he is to Chelsea. I keep asking haters if Mikel was a good player anymore why will a high demanding club like Chelsea still keep after every transfer windows summer and winter?? Or is it that he can't be sold or even released since he is as irrelevant as haters claim? Chelsea let go of a lot of players in the last transfer window but Mikel remained and even made a wonderful assist in the hot match against Everton, that should make a statement to the blind folks who see nothing positive

Chelsea let go of players who want to build their careers not players who want to hug the bench.

5 Likes

Re: No Eagles Without Mikel — Keshi by Wale112(m): 11:11am On Sep 12, 2014
A country of 200million people and your best player is Mikel Obi?
Re: No Eagles Without Mikel — Keshi by Wale112(m): 11:11am On Sep 12, 2014
Nigeria needs football lessons from Ghana.

All WEST AFRICA teams won their Games except Super chickens?
Re: No Eagles Without Mikel — Keshi by Nobody: 11:11am On Sep 12, 2014
amiskurie: na ur head dey block me o...abeg bend down.
TELL THOSE WEY SEND U COM SAY U NO C ME.

1 Like

Re: No Eagles Without Mikel — Keshi by mikeywise(m): 11:12am On Sep 12, 2014
I agree
Re: No Eagles Without Mikel — Keshi by WoodcrestMayor(m): 11:12am On Sep 12, 2014
So are you saying in a country of over 160million pple the best 10 we can produce is Mikel
I'm sure you knw guys who arent professionals who play better than Mikel.Check your street or Universities.
What is wrong with Haruna Lukman?Cant he bench Mikel?
To say it'll will take long to find sum1 who can do a better job in the heart of midfield is unacceptable cos there already are.
Laziness of coaches to scout and politics are whatz killing our football
terzurum5: Pls don't only ask Keshi to drop Mikel name just one person that can fit into his position well in the present super eagles. We continue to complain Mikel this Mikel that but deep inside of us we do know very well it is going to take a while before we find a suitable player who will fit in well in his position.

4 Likes

Re: No Eagles Without Mikel — Keshi by onyedika946(m): 11:12am On Sep 12, 2014
msmon: Nigeria national team coach Stephen Keshi says he still believes that John Obi Mikel is a vital cog in the Super Eagles side, despite the midfielder’s lack of game time at his club, Chelsea.
Mikel has not been overly influential during Nigeria’s first two 2015 African Cup of Nations (AFCON) qualifying games, which have seen the Super Eagles picking up just a single point from their opening two matches against Congo (2-3) and South Africa (0-0).
Against Bafana Bafana, Mikel was outplayed by Man of the Match Andile Jali, the 24-year-old Belgium-based midfielder who South Africa will build their future around.
It was Jali’s speed, tenacity and skill on the ball that won him most of the one on one battles against the Super Eagles
midfielders.
Mikel appears to having fallen down the pecking order at Stamford Bridge, having only had 23 minutes of action so
far this season for the big-spending London club, but Keshi remains adamant that the 27-year-old is an important part of the national team.

“Just because he is not playing in his team (Chelsea), that does not mean I cannot use him in my team, that’s the coaches’ choice,” Keshi said after
Wednesday night’s 0-0 draw with Bafana Bafana in Cape Town.
“But in my team, if I think that he is good shape, with the wealth of experience he has, all his years in the Champions League, I think he’s very important for us in the team, and we just have to make the best of the situation.”

www.vanguardngr.com/2014/09/cant-without-mikel-keshi/
kechi dnt know that all dis why,d eagles has been playin 10 against 11

1 Like

Re: No Eagles Without Mikel — Keshi by LEXYCOM: 11:12am On Sep 12, 2014
Juju man wey dey support mikel dey try ooooooo
Re: No Eagles Without Mikel — Keshi by igbsam(m): 11:13am On Sep 12, 2014
Chisos!

Keshi has lost it.
Re: No Eagles Without Mikel — Keshi by nifton(m): 11:13am On Sep 12, 2014
Dis ur caption is deceptive,i no c wia in talk no eagles without Mikelis obelis.

1 Like

Re: No Eagles Without Mikel — Keshi by DopeAngel(m): 11:14am On Sep 12, 2014
Re: No Eagles Without Mikel — Keshi by smartjyke(m): 11:14am On Sep 12, 2014
Please let's get it clearly. Keshi didn't say "NO EAGLES WITHOUT MIKEL"
The poster just had to draw peoples attention......simple !!!!!!

2 Likes

Re: No Eagles Without Mikel — Keshi by akoaki(m): 11:14am On Sep 12, 2014
We celebrate mediocrity in Nigeria. The spirit of excellence is lacking in us. With little achievement our brains get blown off. Keshi and super eagles are not an exception. It is in our culture and character. In all spheres of national and private lives, nigeria need a quick, critical and surgical reorientation. Am sorry if anyone feels offended.
Re: No Eagles Without Mikel — Keshi by daben1(m): 11:14am On Sep 12, 2014
Oh! Because of his hatrick and four assists against South africa?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Real Madrid Is The Only Spanish Team Left In The Champions League / Nigeria Fails To Qualify For World Cup In Qatar After Ghana Draw / Burial Poster Of Mary Ejide, Austin Ejide's Mother (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.