Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,142 members, 7,829,083 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:52 PM

No Eagles Without Mikel — Keshi - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / No Eagles Without Mikel — Keshi (25586 Views)

El-rufai, Mikel, Siasia,Ighalo Win At Bet9ja Pitch Awards / Super Eagles Better Off Without Mikel - Swaziland Coach / Without Mikel Nigeria Is Out Of The World Cup. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: No Eagles Without Mikel — Keshi by kendrick93(m): 12:42pm On Sep 12, 2014
mikel is our best mdfielder so he should rightly play when fit

2 Likes

Re: No Eagles Without Mikel — Keshi by Nobody: 12:47pm On Sep 12, 2014
Goke7:

same onazi was the worst culprit in the game against congo, bumping forward unnecessarily, mikel alone cannot blamed, what were likes of omeruo, ejide and obaobona thinking when we conceeded two goals in the first hallf against congo, are u blaming mikel for that too? common, the entire team messed up even off the pitch, emenike reported late to camp, will u blame mikel for that too?

The two goals conceeded during 1st half was attributed to pourosity of the mid-field of which Mikel was given a mandate to hold. And, Onazi had to run upfront atimes due to lack of efficiency from the part of Mikel. Even at then, a good striker can only be effective where good mid-fielders exist. How many passes did Mikel as a mid-fielder (who is supposed to be creating chances for strikers) release throughout the match? Believe it or not, Mikel is a big time flop and should be kept aside from the national team until he improves in his career.

1 Like

Re: No Eagles Without Mikel — Keshi by BabaO2: 1:06pm On Sep 12, 2014
emperorchedda: Mikel is very important to Nigeria just as he is to Chelsea. I keep asking haters if Mikel was a good player anymore why will a high demanding club like Chelsea still keep after every transfer windows summer and winter?? Or is it that he can't be sold or even released since he is as irrelevant as haters claim? Chelsea let go of a lot of players in the last transfer window but Mikel remained and even made a wonderful assist in the hot match against Everton, that should make a statement to the blind folks who see nothing positive

He's not sell-able. Liability to chelsea at the moment. He will run through his contract.

1 Like

Re: No Eagles Without Mikel — Keshi by epospiky(m): 1:07pm On Sep 12, 2014
*sighs* Whatever. He's the coach so he can do what he feels is best for the team.
Re: No Eagles Without Mikel — Keshi by Nobody: 1:22pm On Sep 12, 2014
MadCow1: #BringBackOurSiasia.... angry

or

#TakeKeshi&GiveUsOliseh.. angry

In Summary:: Nigeria can kiss Goodbye to the next Nations Cup as the Defending Champions would not be there to defend the cup.

Blos! I thousandly agree with u. Obong udiong fien.
Re: No Eagles Without Mikel — Keshi by benardtotti(m): 1:23pm On Sep 12, 2014
BabaO2:

He's not sell-able. Liability to chelsea at the moment. He will run through his contract.
exactly! Same way no club wanted Anderson of united.
Re: No Eagles Without Mikel — Keshi by IykeChukz(m): 1:24pm On Sep 12, 2014
seunlayi: [size=38pt]mikel must go[/size]

APC cynical method...

Just passing!
Re: No Eagles Without Mikel — Keshi by Goke7: 1:37pm On Sep 12, 2014
RedBenson:

The two goals conceeded during 1st half was attributed to pourosity of the mid-field of which Mikel was given a mandate to hold. And, Onazi had to run upfront atimes due to lack of efficiency from the part of Mikel. Even at then, a good striker can only be effective where good mid-fielders exist. How many passes did Mikel as a mid-fielder (who is supposed to be creating chances for strikers) release throughout the match? Believe it or not, Mikel is a big time flop and should be kept aside from the national team until he improves in his career.

stop making excuses for onazi and let's be objective, if mikel has to go, onazi have to go too, is it only mikel that was the midfielder on that pitch? what of azeez, they all messed up big time so let's give all of them the sticks and not single out one person , what of the glorious chances that igiebor had against congo and south africa respectively, are u blaming mikel for that too?

the porous midfield you'r talking about comprised of mikel, onazi, azeez and igiebor who came in later in the second half. They all flopped including the defenders who could not keep up with the pace of the congolese, so singling mikel out is very unfair and biased.

1 Like

Re: No Eagles Without Mikel — Keshi by shizzleStar: 1:54pm On Sep 12, 2014
Like it or not, Mikel remains an integral part of the SE, until we get a player just as good as him or better, we will make do with him. All of you keep ranting like madmen, yet no one is able to come up with a single name to keep Mikel in the eagles bench. If you don't like it, go and support Gambia or Burundi ....nonsense gringrin

2 Likes

Re: No Eagles Without Mikel — Keshi by naijacentric(m): 1:58pm On Sep 12, 2014
It seems keshi has finally lost it wat a nonsense talk
Re: No Eagles Without Mikel — Keshi by shizzleStar: 2:01pm On Sep 12, 2014
Fvcktards everwhere....

the entire team fumbled, and all some fools can do is to keep shouting Mikel..Mikel..Mikel, i tire for these hopeless Nigerians abeg. shebi na only Mikel play the match ni? even some good for nothing people who know virtually nothing about football will keep shouting Mikel Mikel.

How many wings mikel dey play? shey na 11 wings abi na 1 wing? the other 10players who among them played well on the night? useless haters. Don't go and think of how to make money, you all stay here and keep ranting like lunatics....Mikel Mikel... what a bunch of unreasonable fucktards.....mtchewwww

1 Like

Re: No Eagles Without Mikel — Keshi by Habeyy(m): 2:09pm On Sep 12, 2014
the end is near for keshi ..
he seems clueless

1 Like

Re: No Eagles Without Mikel — Keshi by Eseose9(f): 2:34pm On Sep 12, 2014
nawa for una o!.shey na only Mikel waka come?
Re: No Eagles Without Mikel — Keshi by mechanics(m): 2:51pm On Sep 12, 2014
We have players dat wil fit into mikel's position, afta all he was dropped for a competition and we performed well, Keshi is just bias, why has he nt call Ike Uche up till now, i wont b surprise if we dont qualifier, Keshi has to upgrade himself n learn 4rm other coaches.
Re: No Eagles Without Mikel — Keshi by Nobody: 3:03pm On Sep 12, 2014
Many people wants Mikel out....please can anyone name a player that can replace him

2 Likes

Re: No Eagles Without Mikel — Keshi by luvly101: 3:10pm On Sep 12, 2014
I sense bribery grin
Re: No Eagles Without Mikel — Keshi by kliq(m): 3:12pm On Sep 12, 2014
ramdris: I have one question for Keshi, what's he basing Mikel on? Club performance or national team performance. Cos to me, he is failing in both.

Presumably,past glory....smh
Re: No Eagles Without Mikel — Keshi by babayii: 3:56pm On Sep 12, 2014
This man is crazy.

1 Like

Re: No Eagles Without Mikel — Keshi by kenex4ever(m): 4:17pm On Sep 12, 2014
Our problem is not mikel but keshi. I used to b a great keshi fan but d man has lost it, he doesn't know how to change games, I wonder if he is d one dat coached nigeria against ivory coast in d nations cup where we play possession and tactical football, these days mikel and onazi just keep throwing long passes to d opponents, very predictable!
Re: No Eagles Without Mikel — Keshi by JideTheBlogger(m): 4:52pm On Sep 12, 2014
ramdris: I have one question for Keshi, what's he basing Mikel on? Club performance or national team performance. Cos to me, he is failing in both.
Re: No Eagles Without Mikel — Keshi by JideTheBlogger(m): 4:54pm On Sep 12, 2014
Muorinho will just be shaking his head somewhere now...
Re: No Eagles Without Mikel — Keshi by Akiika: 5:22pm On Sep 12, 2014
...that is why we are winning! Congo....SA.......
Re: No Eagles Without Mikel — Keshi by boboLIL(m): 5:54pm On Sep 12, 2014
Mumu statement....
Re: No Eagles Without Mikel — Keshi by Omadachi(m): 6:43pm On Sep 12, 2014
The way Mikel plays for Chelsea is different when his playing for nigeria.His slow pace and holding of ball...he doesn't do that when playing for his club.
Re: No Eagles Without Mikel — Keshi by Iniotong(m): 6:52pm On Sep 12, 2014
Why is MIKEL the only one being poked? ain't there other players in the team to share the blame?

1 Like

Re: No Eagles Without Mikel — Keshi by emmasege: 7:10pm On Sep 12, 2014
Is there even a super eagles without Mikel. He's the face of our natrional team, take it or leave it. Haters can go and jump into the Lagoon. I remember a foreign sports journalist, saying before South Africa 2010 that " A Nigerian side without Mikel is not enterprising to watch" just because the young man was out due to injury.
terzurum5: Pls don't only ask Keshi to drop Mikel name just one person that can fit into his position well in the present super eagles. We continue to complain Mikel this Mikel that but deep inside of us we do know very well it is going to take a while before we find a suitable player who will fit in well in his position.

1 Like

Re: No Eagles Without Mikel — Keshi by mexite: 7:29pm On Sep 12, 2014
That Mikel is still a regular warmer on Chelsea's bench doesn't justify his starting shirt in the Nigerian team. You can ask Ferrerer how many years he spent warming the benches in Chelsea. This is not about hating and no one is bringing EPL rivalry down to the Nigerian team.....this is a different ball game.
If you want to be sincere with yourself, this is not the well appraised Mikel of WYC 2005, he never lived up to the hype, except for scarce moments of brilliant flashes like we saw in the confederations cup.
Mikel is not PLAYING FOOTBALL, he is only KICKING FOOTBALL. How many tackles did he win in challenges in recent games? How many progressive passes did he make recently? How many goals did he bang? These questions beg for objective answers. If Mikel wants to keep his starting shirt, let him up his game. His pace is slow, he seems heavy on ball, he doesn't defend well neither does he attack well. He just can't play a reasonable shot on target. Then what are we talking? Football is dynamically advancing and evolving in all departments.
Though I reckon we might not presently have a possible fit in as replacement, not because we lack players of that calibre, but because our football administrators and scouts are yet to invite such a player.
So let's leave sentiments apart, Mikel is an experienced player though, but he should step up his game. He's still young and energetic. I would love to see him PLAY and be PRAISED.
emperorchedda: Mikel is very important to Nigeria just as he is to Chelsea. I keep asking haters if Mikel wasn't a good player anymore why will a high demanding club like Chelsea still keep after every transfer windows summer and winter?? Or is it that he can't be sold or even released since he is as irrelevant as haters claim? Chelsea let go of a lot of players in the last transfer window but Mikel remained and even made a wonderful assist in the hot match against Everton, that should make a statement to the blind folks who see nothing positive
Iniotong: Why is MIKEL the only one being poked? ain't there other players in the team to share the blame?
Re: No Eagles Without Mikel — Keshi by samdolad(m): 8:00pm On Sep 12, 2014
msmon: If I say Stephen, you will say 'Koshi'
If I say Mikel, you will say 'Slowbie'

Stephen Koshi!
Mikel Slowbie!

Stephen Koshi!
Mikel Slowbie!

Stephen Koshi!
Mikel Slowbie!
grin
msmon: If I say Stephen, you will say 'Koshi'
If I say Mikel, you will say 'Slowbie'

Stephen Koshi!
Mikel Slowbie!

Stephen Koshi!
Mikel Slowbie!

Stephen Koshi!
Mikel Slowbie!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Burial Poster Of Mary Ejide, Austin Ejide's Mother (Photos) / Real Madrid Is The Only Spanish Team Left In The Champions League / Usyk Leaves Ukraine To Prepare For Joshua

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.