Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,900 members, 7,828,174 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:27 AM

Is There Any Justification 4 Being A Prostitute? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is There Any Justification 4 Being A Prostitute? (1847 Views)

Horrific Way I Discovered My Fiancee Is Not Only A Cheat But A Prostitute. / Man Needs Advice After Falling In Love With A Prostitute (Snapshot) / Negative Effect Of Sleeping With A Prostitute. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is There Any Justification 4 Being A Prostitute? by DonEse125(f): 7:52am On Oct 31, 2008
I was going thru d posts on the topic:'do prostitutes feel guilty?',and i noticed that a lot of peeps were saying stuff like prostitutes dat go into it because of circumstances or because they hav no other choice bla. . bla . .bla. My question is:can u honestly say that there are any real reasons or mitigating circumstances that justify/excuse going into prostitution?
Re: Is There Any Justification 4 Being A Prostitute? by iice(f): 6:25pm On Nov 03, 2008
Some do it because they want to. Those don't need to justify themselves.
Atleast its out there unlike the many under G runs people do and keep deceiving themselves that they are better.
Re: Is There Any Justification 4 Being A Prostitute? by MrCrackles(m): 6:26pm On Nov 03, 2008
why should prossers justify being tarts or hookers?!
Re: Is There Any Justification 4 Being A Prostitute? by Sauron1: 6:42pm On Nov 03, 2008
Don_Ese125:

I was going through d posts on the topic:'do prostitutes feel guilty?',and i noticed that a lot of peeps were saying stuff like prostitutes that go into it because of circumstances or because they hav no other choice bla. . bla . .bla. My question is:can u honestly say that there are any real reasons or mitigating circumstances that justify/excuse going into prostitution?

Yes. . . .
In a setting like Nigeria, there are many excuses for prostitution.
The people who hit rock bottom have 2 choices. . . . .Be an armed robber or be a LovePeddler.

Whats the worst possible schitzo for being an armed robber? Getting shot, jungle justice(tyres, petrol, box of matches n reh reh reh).
Whats the worst possibe schitzo for being a prostitute?? Disses here n there and thatz where it ends.
One is easier than the other so prostitution is a way out of hell without the high risks of getting shot.
Re: Is There Any Justification 4 Being A Prostitute? by Andala: 2:17am On Nov 04, 2008
Absolutely no Justification,afterall they are not the only ones suffering in Nigeria
Re: Is There Any Justification 4 Being A Prostitute? by Mgbejume: 1:54pm On Nov 04, 2008
If some ladies could realise that dignity and self worth are priceless no matter the situation they are in, they will not do runs or prostitute instead they will prefer to hawk tomatoes on the streets winkat least its more dignifing than sleeping with some Man for Money. You might sleep with a man, he gives you 20k for the night but you dont know what he has collected from you. CHICKS MAKE UNA USE POLISH SHINE UNA EYES OHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! shocked
Re: Is There Any Justification 4 Being A Prostitute? by DonEse125(f): 2:55pm On Nov 04, 2008
Like som1 said,they're nt d only ones suffering.i've seen women,hungry, dirt-poor women who wld rather beg than sell their bodies.what we hav 2 realize is that we all make choices,sometimes good,sometimes bad.i firmly believe that there are absolutelx no circumstances to mitigate what they do. Another fact we have 2 acknowledge is that they do what they do because they r weak.so what if things are tough? They sell their bodies because it's easier. Its easier to just lie there and let some man have his way with her. Its easier to blame their mistakes on circumstances. We all make choices. They are what they are because of 1 simple fact:they chose to.
Re: Is There Any Justification 4 Being A Prostitute? by JJYOU: 3:03pm On Nov 04, 2008
they have been at it for ages in naija. the men who patronise them are not better, they all deserve one another. you cannot go into any good bank or hotel in naija without running into them now. it is not like most of them are hungry but greedy and morally bankrupt
Re: Is There Any Justification 4 Being A Prostitute? by Nautillus(m): 3:15pm On Nov 04, 2008
I really don't think that commercial sex workers require any kinda justification to do what they do . . .as we all know . . .commercial sex has been here with us for eons . . .most indulgers have all kinds of reason . . .for the money . . .some . . .for the variety of clientele . . .some for the estatic high . . .all kinds of reasons . . . .when you say . . . .justification , . . .i think its subjective . . .justification varies from individual to individual . . . .either negative . . .or positive
Re: Is There Any Justification 4 Being A Prostitute? by rubi(f): 3:48pm On Nov 04, 2008
Andala:

Absolutely no Justification,afterall they are not the only ones suffering in Nigeria
Thank you
Re: Is There Any Justification 4 Being A Prostitute? by omega25red(m): 5:22pm On Nov 04, 2008
There is no justification for being a prostitute but there are actually circumstances in which some women have no choice.
Example is a woman being kidnapped and sold to pimps. In such a case you have someone who would have no problem with killing you if you don't do it.
Also, you have some people who are hooked on drugs, these women really have no choice because no one would hire them and also they have to get their fix so they sell their bodies to get the money for that fix.

The others are just people who gave up on working hard and keeping their dignity
Re: Is There Any Justification 4 Being A Prostitute? by DonEse125(f): 6:34pm On Nov 04, 2008
1-a woman bein kidnapped and sold to pimps(BTW-does that really happen?)-i'd rather die than become a sex slave 2 some lecherous old geezers.
2-an addict.i dont feel a bit of pity or understanding 4 any woman stupid enough 2 get hooked on drugs.she deserves wateva she gets.
3-d woman who's tired of fighting 4 her dignity.she's a weak,stupid,lazy,did i say weak?,sorry excuse of a woman.
Re: Is There Any Justification 4 Being A Prostitute? by sistawoman: 6:43pm On Nov 04, 2008
The reality is that i can sit here and pretend like my morals and values cant see why a woman/man would do such a thing, but I have not walked in thier shoes. I have not had to make that choice. I have not be presented with her circumstances to know which road i would choose.

So I say ask a prostitue and she would justify it till the cows come home. so to her there are plenty of reasons why she is a prositute.

Real Talk what she eat dont make me shit so i could care less what she does with her body, just keep it out my neighborhood and away from me.
Re: Is There Any Justification 4 Being A Prostitute? by DonEse125(f): 6:52pm On Nov 04, 2008
True sistawoman,all very true. But you cant not give a shit when it happens to someone u care about.you just cant.
Re: Is There Any Justification 4 Being A Prostitute? by sistawoman: 7:00pm On Nov 04, 2008
Don_Ese125:

True sistawoman,all very true. But you can't not give a shit when it happens to someone u care about.you just can't.

That is very very true on one hand.

I had it happen in my family and there was no need for her to turn that way, except for her coke habbit. We tried everything to stop her, to help her to understand her, but it was not until we turned our backs did she hit rock bottom and stop.

Now she is married with two beautiful children and much, much happier.
Re: Is There Any Justification 4 Being A Prostitute? by kokoye(m): 7:05pm On Nov 04, 2008
What is the difference btw a prostitute out there on the streets and the cute girl out there who has slept with almost all the federal ministers but still has a regular day job??

Is there any justification for being a corrupt govt official ?? we still praise then when they spend their ill-gotten wealth wisely

The prayer is that God should not let us hit rock bottom, especially when you have dependents.

Judge not.
Re: Is There Any Justification 4 Being A Prostitute? by Sauron1: 7:28pm On Nov 04, 2008
kokoye:

What is the difference between a prostitute out there on the streets and the cute girl out there who has slept with almost all the federal ministers but still has a regular day job??

Is there any justification for being a corrupt govt official ?? we still praise then when they spend their ill-gotten wealth wisely

The prayer is that God should not let us hit rock bottom, especially when you have dependents.

Judge not.

Finally, someone with stacks of intelligence!!! cool
Re: Is There Any Justification 4 Being A Prostitute? by chika98: 7:34pm On Nov 04, 2008
kokoye:

What is the difference between a prostitute out there on the streets and the cute girl out there who has slept with almost all the federal ministers but still has a regular day job??

Judge not.

it is all one in the same. Finally someone who actually makes some sense.
Re: Is There Any Justification 4 Being A Prostitute? by plusQueen: 7:35pm On Nov 04, 2008
why do they call prostitution the oldest profession?
how come?
Re: Is There Any Justification 4 Being A Prostitute? by Sauron1: 7:36pm On Nov 04, 2008
plus_Queen:

how come?

Peops have been doing this since the days of Noah!!!
Re: Is There Any Justification 4 Being A Prostitute? by chika98: 7:36pm On Nov 04, 2008
plus_Queen:

how come?

Even in the bible and the roman times. . . men paid for sex.
Re: Is There Any Justification 4 Being A Prostitute? by KarmaMod(f): 7:37pm On Nov 04, 2008
kokoye:

Depends on why she does that.

Quite a difference between a prostitute and a slut (male and female)

I agree with everything else however.
Re: Is There Any Justification 4 Being A Prostitute? by chika98: 7:43pm On Nov 04, 2008
KarmaMod:

Depends on why she does that.

Quite a difference between a prostitute and a slut (male and female)

I agree with everything else however.

What other reason does she have other than the money?
Re: Is There Any Justification 4 Being A Prostitute? by Nobody: 7:44pm On Nov 04, 2008
Some prostitutes have no choice abeg, poverty drives a person to do 'certain' things, it is not always their fault
Re: Is There Any Justification 4 Being A Prostitute? by whatever90(f): 7:46pm On Nov 04, 2008
chika98:

smtimes its not all about money,but frustration of the emotional mind

sm women sleep wt any tom ,manliness and harry just because their lovers disappointed them ,and they r out they trying to live a life wt emotions and dumping men after sleeping wt them
Re: Is There Any Justification 4 Being A Prostitute? by Sauron1: 7:47pm On Nov 04, 2008
Some women were forced into this trade at a very young age(when they couldn't have made any choice).
Many were shipped off to Italy dubiously by human traffickers and reh reh reh. . . .
What choices have they got? It's either they do it or DIE!!!
Re: Is There Any Justification 4 Being A Prostitute? by chika98: 7:48pm On Nov 04, 2008
whatever90:

smtimes its not all about money,but frustration of the emotional mind

sm women sleep wt any tom ,manliness and harry just because their lovers disappointed them ,and they r out they trying to live a life wt emotions and dumping men after sleeping wt them

I ain't judging anyone but most times they sleep around for the money.
Re: Is There Any Justification 4 Being A Prostitute? by KarmaMod(f): 7:48pm On Nov 04, 2008
chika98:

some women actually LIKE having sex.

Mind boggling to some people, I know.

and if she's just doing it for the money then the exqample is pointless cos then she actually is a prostitute
Re: Is There Any Justification 4 Being A Prostitute? by juicyterry(f): 7:49pm On Nov 04, 2008
wat do u feel
Re: Is There Any Justification 4 Being A Prostitute? by chika98: 7:50pm On Nov 04, 2008
KarmaMod:

some women actually LIKE having sex.

Mind boggling to some people, I know.

and if she's just doing it for the money then the exqample is pointless because then she actually is a prostitute

Of course. Actually i think most women like having good sex and not just with anyone. This is where the difference comes in.
Re: Is There Any Justification 4 Being A Prostitute? by whatever90(f): 7:53pm On Nov 04, 2008
~Sauron~:

Some women were forced into this trade at a very young age(when they couldn't have made any choice).
Many were shipped off to Italy dubiously by human traffickers and reh reh reh. . . .
What choices have they got? It's either they do it or DIE!!!

abi ooo,sm of them were raped at a tender age,sm have been disappointed by men so many times

@chika

naaaa,did not say u r judging them

@topic

but no matter wat,i'd rather live under d bridge than giving out my body to old,young,small,short,fat,thing,yellow,blue or black men

except its obama grin
Re: Is There Any Justification 4 Being A Prostitute? by chika98: 7:54pm On Nov 04, 2008
whatever90:

except its obama grin

Oh there is even an exception?? Wait make Michelle catch you.

(1) (2) (Reply)

I'm Too Scared / To All Nl Romance Section Sisters And Feminist Brothers / To Interfere Or To Fizzle Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.