Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,138 members, 7,814,988 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:52 AM

20 Of The World's Most Destructive Weapons In History - Science/Technology (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / 20 Of The World's Most Destructive Weapons In History (42339 Views)

25 Worst Earthquakes In History(pics) / World's Most Amazing Ship. / Eight Of The World’s Most Stunning Bridges (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 20 Of The World's Most Destructive Weapons In History by Craigston: 3:57pm On Sep 13, 2014
Consider the ones around now--in your generation. Check this link. The technologies you wow at are no match for the latest here.
www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/3052621/posts
Re: 20 Of The World's Most Destructive Weapons In History by adewalebs(m): 4:00pm On Sep 13, 2014
every soon Nigerian military will be one of the strongest military in this world, take it or live it.
Re: 20 Of The World's Most Destructive Weapons In History by adewalebs(m): 4:12pm On Sep 13, 2014
Sile12: 17. Airborne laser.
Star Wars fans might like this one. You see, The Galactic Empire had the Death Star, and now the American Empire has the YAL-1A Airborne Laser.Where the Death Star was a moon sized space station with a planet destroying super laser, the YAL-1A is just a 747 with a really big laser mounted on the front.Designed to shoot down enemy ICBMs from hundreds of miles away, the YAL-1A is revolutionary in its ability to destroy a high speed moving target at amassive distance instantly.Picture this scenario. The YAL-1A is flying hundreds of miles away from the battlefield over friendly airspace. Troops on the ground call in an airstrike and radio GPS coordinates to the YAL-1A, which then immediately fires its laser delivering extremely precise killing power on target at the speed of light. No waiting, no warning.

18. B41 (Mk-41) - Most Powerful Nuclear Warhead Ever Developed by the United States.
The American-made B41, a thermonuclearweapon deployed by the US Air Command in the 1960s, was the most powerful nuclear warhead ever developed by the United States. Together with the EC17/Mk-17 and the EC24/Mk-24, they have a theoretical maximum yield of 25 megatons. The Mk-17 was also the largest by size and mass: about 20 short tons or 18,000 kg. B41 (Mk-41), a gravity bomb had a mass of 4800 kg, retired in 1957.B41, which was 3.76 m in length with a diameter of 1.32 m and a weight of 4,850 kg, was carried only by the B-52 Stratofortress and B-47 Stratojet.

19. Agni Missile.
The Agni-V is an intercontinental ballistic missile developed by the Defence Research and Development Organisation(DRDO) of India,named after one of the five elements of nature.

20.We all are familiar with the Nagasaki and Hiroshima bombings that changed the course of history during the last World War. Named after film characters, thesetwo infamous nuclear bombs gave humanity a shocking memory of what warfare can do to a nation and its future generation.

Re: 20 Of The World's Most Destructive Weapons In History by Kirinwa: 5:05pm On Sep 13, 2014
Thanks op. Just what I needed. Bazooka or is it piat should be given to our Combattant soldiers.
Re: 20 Of The World's Most Destructive Weapons In History by Olaone1: 5:12pm On Sep 13, 2014
undecided
Re: 20 Of The World's Most Destructive Weapons In History by Burger01(m): 5:49pm On Sep 13, 2014
Sile12, you deserve recommendation more than that thieving minister Chukwu undecided Keep giving us good and educating stuffs like these..
Re: 20 Of The World's Most Destructive Weapons In History by Nobody: 5:54pm On Sep 13, 2014
Bellfun: Most dangerous weapons...and u failed to mention the "real" weapon of mass destruction?..AK-47..very cheap,could be. Any body(sane or insane) and has(of a fact) killed more people ththe supposed nuclear weapons!...my friend,AK-47 is the most dangerous..and destructive weapon ever known to man
"Aks" kills in tens at a time.
But those Nukes kills in 100s of thousands/millions at a time if launched/detonated.
Pray this won't happen Brother....
Re: 20 Of The World's Most Destructive Weapons In History by Nobody: 5:56pm On Sep 13, 2014
Burger01: Sile12, you deserve recommendation more than that thieving minister Chukwu undecided Keep giving us good and educating stuffs like these..
Smiles.
Thanks Bro.... grin

1 Like

Re: 20 Of The World's Most Destructive Weapons In History by jackobi(m): 6:43pm On Sep 13, 2014
Although by some estimates there are 100 million AK-47-style
assault rifles in circulation around the world. It is believed that AK-47s have caused more deaths than artillery fire, airstrikes and rocket attacks combined. An estimated quarter of a million people are gunned down by bullets from Kalashnikovs every year.

Re: 20 Of The World's Most Destructive Weapons In History by TerryCarr(m): 7:01pm On Sep 13, 2014
sexfiend: Imperial Japanese Flea Bombs used on China in world war II . the japanese would have colonized the entire world by now if no one had put a stop to their military exploits.
the japanese are the smartest group of people in the world and the only group of people I have a great respect and admiration for their traditions and modern progress and evolution .
Nippon (the land of the rising Sun)
what about Korea?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hD1vXYeODxE

plus you don't respected other cultures? inferiority complex tongue
Re: 20 Of The World's Most Destructive Weapons In History by mecussey(m): 9:57pm On Sep 13, 2014
jhydebaba: The world would be totally destroyed by humans not God.

Because, God said so...anyhow any which way, the world will be distroyed and will be rebuilt. The new world will be called paradise because, it will come with 100% peace.. There will be no boko, there will be no Iraq, there will be no Osama. Everybody will just be one
Re: 20 Of The World's Most Destructive Weapons In History by Nobody: 12:08am On Sep 14, 2014
Re: 20 Of The World's Most Destructive Weapons In History by TerryCarr(m): 1:20am On Sep 14, 2014
sexfiend: I see no inferiority complex , anyone who think I admire japanese culture because of inferiority complex just has a low self esteem and is an idiiot.
is it ok for a european white man to respect an african culture? I notice that only black people complain when a black person says he admires swedish culture or Korean Culture or likes indian woman etc. . that is because they have a low self esteem and just want to whine about anything . there will always be americans who like and admire african culture, there'll always be Nigerians who like and admire korean or spanish culture .
you said it's the only culture you greatly respect plus i have no low self esteem (at lease when it comes to race) accept that am a negro and Africa was probable never as advance as Europe in a lot of areas except art. but you seem to have an Uncle tom thing going on here from what I've seen on "Do African Americans Have A Culture?" thread with these statements

"all cultures around the world even the most primitive ;khaosan, sri lankan tamils and solomon islanders have some sculptures and some form of music instruments. your point?
below are the Nok Tribe , if you wish to destroy all the modern stuff we have now and go back to that in the name of preserving your culture and rebelling against a perceived oppressor, be my guest."

"these are sudanese surma warriors. just because it says warrior doesn't mean they are sophisticated or grand . what can you accomplish with a spear?
when people hear "Warrior' they would think it's something grand"

"if you watch things fall aprt ,you can see the portrayal of an igbo village before colonization. they walked around Unclad and lived in mud huts .
that is why the europeans felt superior to them.
the europeans did not feel superior to the japanese or arabs .
it is true that europeans once lived in caves ,but that was thousands of centuries ago. there are still african tribes living in mud huts and trees .
nigerian villages are mostly mud huts."

what wrong with the way they lived? and these are not just mere "mud huts" they were houses

[img]http://3.bp..com/-fsjJJIJQ9QM/T0zQce5nweI/AAAAAAAAKCk/h-HrRc22PGU/s640/Gurunsi%E2%80%99+buildings+2.png[/img]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qDzU7Ega2R8

here is a good video of things fall apart

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w1Kw94qjdQA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oyvDYZ6hJNA
Re: 20 Of The World's Most Destructive Weapons In History by Nobody: 1:45am On Sep 14, 2014
Re: 20 Of The World's Most Destructive Weapons In History by TerryCarr(m): 2:23am On Sep 14, 2014
sexfiend: there's absolutely nothing I said wrong . anyone who disagrees with what I said is just a stvpid dumb slowpoke . and why are you showing me a video of some white guy telling me about my own culture ? who cares about hoe many stvpid books the socalled afroicentrics have read . I dont need a book to know my culture and history . i am telling you that I like japanese culture and traditions and you are telling me not to ? no one has the right to fvcking tell me what to like .
go live in Timbuktu or Zulu kingdom if thats your thing .
don't find the precolonial african culture interesting nor appealing . what do you want me to do? force myself ? I like the japanese culture and would rather live in a japanese ancient city than in Benin Kingdom . FVCK!!
i never said you can't like Japanese culture i like Japanese culture tongue and how are they morons because they find these people interesting because they don't few them as "savages"?
http://www.forumbiodiversity.com/showthread.php/41309-Primary-Sources-on-African-Kingdoms-by-Europeans

there is nothing wrong with these people you just see them is "savages"
http://s.wallpaperhere.com/wallpapers/1600x1200/20110623/zulu.jpg

i find "tribal" cultures & old civilizations fascinating just because we have iPods does not mean we can't learn from them

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XuJsbjKKh3E
Re: 20 Of The World's Most Destructive Weapons In History by Nobody: 2:25am On Sep 14, 2014
Re: 20 Of The World's Most Destructive Weapons In History by TerryCarr(m): 2:41am On Sep 14, 2014
sexfiend: no one can be perfect . 80 percent of everything I said on that thread is true . some people just don't like hearing the truth . they rather make up lies to make themselves feel good .
what truth? what you said was your opinion
Re: 20 Of The World's Most Destructive Weapons In History by Nobody: 2:46am On Sep 14, 2014
Re: 20 Of The World's Most Destructive Weapons In History by TerryCarr(m): 3:11am On Sep 14, 2014
sexfiend: what you said is just your opinion. my way is the only way . anyone who disagrees deserves to be shot . grin grin
a lot of Afrocentrist make up stuff because they have a inferiority complex to white people, i personalty think Africans are fascinating primitive or not. you seem to believe African history is not worth talking about that Negros were just savages (even if that is proven wrong all the time), you're embarrassed at your own kind. while other groups embrace their cultures blacks reject theirs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BI851yJUQQw
Re: 20 Of The World's Most Destructive Weapons In History by Nobody: 3:27am On Sep 14, 2014
Re: 20 Of The World's Most Destructive Weapons In History by Nobody: 3:37am On Sep 14, 2014
Re: 20 Of The World's Most Destructive Weapons In History by Nobody: 3:43am On Sep 14, 2014
Re: 20 Of The World's Most Destructive Weapons In History by TerryCarr(m): 3:45am On Sep 14, 2014
sexfiend: all tribes and races were naked savages at one point . I never said the japanese or whites have always had skyscrapers or bullet trains . they were also naked like the zulu at one point. they burnt witchcraft and killed twins . but they got over it and evolved .

I dont hate my own kind,i don't hate anyone . all cultures will be appreciated by someone. I like japanese culture .
I like this modern culture more . anyway, fvck the world .
there is no such thing "naked savages" these people are not savage they are people with a different way of life.

as a matter of fact the "Arab" Muslim government is killing these people because they think they are "savage"
https://www.nairaland.com/1791741/nuba-peoples-north-sudan-warning

im gonna quote a song here:

"You think I'm an ignorant savage
And you've been so many places
I guess it must be so
But still I cannot see
If the savage one is me
How can there be so much that you don't know?

You think the only people who are people
Are the people who look and think like you
But if you walk the footsteps of a stranger
You'll learn things you never knew you never knew"
Re: 20 Of The World's Most Destructive Weapons In History by Nobody: 3:45am On Sep 14, 2014
Re: 20 Of The World's Most Destructive Weapons In History by TerryCarr(m): 3:47am On Sep 14, 2014
sexfiend: I dont like this . it just doesn't appeal to me . those are the newly discovered tribe in nigeria. very soon they will upgrade their traditional clothing into fabric design .
really? anyway the 2nd pic is from North sudan
Re: 20 Of The World's Most Destructive Weapons In History by TerryCarr(m): 3:52am On Sep 14, 2014
Re: 20 Of The World's Most Destructive Weapons In History by TerryCarr(m): 6:09am On Sep 14, 2014
sexfiend: ok ,I guess I used the wrong word ,but I just don't find it attractive to my psyche .
below is japanese /asian culture.
beautiful japanese garden,statue of buddha ,woman in robe with this beautiful umbrella, beautiful cherry tree and red bridges,neat surroundings,healthy food (thats why they live longer) . wow ,this is just so fascinating and paradisaical and makes me want to find out more . perhaps i can attain peace of mind in my life if I follow the teachings of the buddha .
in terms of the other naked african tribe , the setting looks scanty ,or dark,mysterious and scary . I'm wondering if these people are going to barbecue me for their dinner tonight . the God of thunder might strike on any little mistake I make.killing of twins and vice versa.
sadly westernization screwed up there nation like they did all nations (even their own) you don't see people dress like this no more

anyway i do like Asian cultures but as a black person i accept my "heritage/s" as it is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CdUEjpcKJ1E
Re: 20 Of The World's Most Destructive Weapons In History by Nobody: 6:13am On Sep 14, 2014
Re: 20 Of The World's Most Destructive Weapons In History by Nobody: 6:28am On Sep 14, 2014
Re: 20 Of The World's Most Destructive Weapons In History by TerryCarr(m): 6:30am On Sep 14, 2014
sexfiend: that's wrong . japanese evolved into the modern age and still practice their culture. japanese culture is part of the modern civilization.
japanese and europeans where oce naked tribes at one point , they killed witches and did all sorts of barbaric stuff . but they evolved past all of that . africans must evolve into the modern world also . white europeans brought civilization to most of sub saharan africa.
. stop spreading your lies and ignorance everywhere . go live with the naked sudanese tribe . stop typing shit from New york . you are wrong and deserve to be shot .
yeah to a degree but you can have technology & and not westernized

Africans already evolved it to the modern world and look how that turn out. the problem is Africans are using a european style government, Africans are not Europeans

"white europeans brought civilization to most of sub saharan africa."
indeed
Re: 20 Of The World's Most Destructive Weapons In History by Nobody: 6:35am On Sep 14, 2014

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Dolphin Killed By A Man In Akwa Ibom (Photos) / Unidentified Space Junk Labelled ‘WTF’ Is About To Crash Into Earth / Coal Miners Discover 160-Million-Year-Old Dinosaur Footprints In Australia (Pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.