Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,792 members, 7,956,023 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 09:39 PM

Why Do People Focus More On Sin Than On Righteousness - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do People Focus More On Sin Than On Righteousness (1686 Views)

12 Signs Of Self-righteousness And Pharisee-ism Among Christians Today / The Bible Enlightenment On Righteousness / The Doctrine Of Imputed Righteousness (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do People Focus More On Sin Than On Righteousness by Nobody: 12:23pm On Sep 13, 2014
jdilight:

I beg to disagree, God don't crave for worship. He just want man to experience a higher level of being.

the big question had always been - is there truly a white bearded old man up there in the sky creating and presiding over us? if there was/is, then what was the essence of creating a race of selfish, sinful, ignorant, arrogant, egotistical, money hungry and sex obsessed beings for the sole purpose of making them experience a higher level of being?
Re: Why Do People Focus More On Sin Than On Righteousness by udatso: 1:00pm On Sep 13, 2014
jdilight:

If God know we can not be perfect while did He say be ye perfect even as your father in heaven is perfect. What do you make of this?

God has no mighty messenger. A child of God is a child of God.
Even though I do not share your beliefs, I would love to see the reference.

And secondly God sent messengers and prophets to different people at different times, to lead them to His way. Jesus (a. S) is one of them.

Thirdly the logical expression you used is very implicating. The heavens and the earth, and all in between were created by God. So it's a relationship of A Creator and His creations. Not a parent-child relationship.

And what do you mean by : A child of God is a child of God.

It sounds like you are saying a child of a father is a child of a father... What are you trying at?
Re: Why Do People Focus More On Sin Than On Righteousness by jdilight(m): 4:04pm On Sep 13, 2014
udatso:
Even though I do not share your beliefs, I would love to see the reference.

And secondly God sent messengers and prophets to different people at different times, to lead them to His way. Jesus (a. S) is one of them.

Thirdly the logical expression you used is very implicating. The heavens and the earth, and all in between were created by God. So it's a relationship of A Creator and His creations. Not a parent-child relationship.

And what do you mean by : A child of God is a child of God.

It sounds like you are saying a child of a father is a child of a father... What are you trying at?

The message of all the prophet has been the son and father relationship of God with man. Study the parable of the prodigal son well.
Re: Why Do People Focus More On Sin Than On Righteousness by udatso: 5:06pm On Sep 13, 2014
jdilight:

The message of all the prophet has been the son and father relationship of God with man. Study the parable of the prodigal son well.
i totally disagree with this. Back this statement up with some references.

What do you mean by equating God's relationship with man as father-son relationship? Explain. Literal or figurative?
Re: Why Do People Focus More On Sin Than On Righteousness by jdilight(m): 1:39pm On Sep 15, 2014
udatso: i totally disagree with this. Back this statement up with some references.

What do you mean by equating God's relationship with man as father-son relationship? Explain. Literal or figurative?

Matthew 23:9, Mathew 5:16, 5:45, 5:48, 6:1, there are too numerous to mention.

God is the father of all men, because all men came from God. Everyone came from God Genesis 1:26, without God there would have been no man as without my father there would have been no me.
Re: Why Do People Focus More On Sin Than On Righteousness by jdilight(m): 1:43pm On Sep 15, 2014
Scyllapatron:

the big question had always been - is there truly a white bearded old man up there in the sky creating and presiding over us? if there was/is, then what was the essence of creating a race of selfish, sinful, ignorant, arrogant, egotistical, money hungry and sex obsessed beings for the sole purpose of making them experience a higher level of being?

There is no white bearded old man up in the sky. But there is a being in heaven who control all things. Man was not created the way he is behaving now. I will say, man's behavior is as a result of virus corruption if he gets the right anti-virus he will be alright.

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Focus More On Sin Than On Righteousness by udatso: 7:07am On Sep 16, 2014
jdilight:

God is the father of all men, because all men came from God. Everyone came from God Genesis 1:26, without God there would have been no man as without my father there would have been no me.
My dear, you are giving me references to show God is the father. Am asking for references for what you said about the prophets.

And you haven't answered my question about God. When you say God is our Father, what do you mean? Is it biologically?
Re: Why Do People Focus More On Sin Than On Righteousness by udatso: 7:08am On Sep 16, 2014
jdilight:

My dear, you are giving me references to show God is the father. Am asking for references for what you said about the prophets.

And you haven't answered my question about God. When you say God is our Father, what do you mean? Is it biologically?
jdilight:

jdilight:

Re: Why Do People Focus More On Sin Than On Righteousness by MightySparrow: 9:48am On Sep 16, 2014
Ignorance.
Re: Why Do People Focus More On Sin Than On Righteousness by jdilight(m): 2:44pm On Sep 17, 2014
udatso:

Biological and other wise
Re: Why Do People Focus More On Sin Than On Righteousness by udatso: 5:23pm On Sep 17, 2014
jdilight:

Biological and other wise
I raised two points, you only responded to one. And how many biological fathers do you have? Please don't blaspheme. God is beyond having biological sons and daughters.
Re: Why Do People Focus More On Sin Than On Righteousness by udatso: 9:21am On Oct 05, 2014
jdlight. you have been online but you have refused to answer me. you were even online yeaterday.
Re: Why Do People Focus More On Sin Than On Righteousness by jdilight(m): 3:12pm On Oct 09, 2014
udatso:
jdlight. you have been online but you have refused to answer me. you were even online yeaterday.

I choose to stop answering you since you don't understand simple things. Before there was man God have to create the man, that is while Adam is referred to as a son of God. If Adam is a son of God, are Adam's children not children of God as well. Is God not their grand father, great grand father etc.

To you now test tube babies don't have father abi?

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Focus More On Sin Than On Righteousness by Nobody: 11:50am On Nov 02, 2014
jdilight:

This is the question that hold the key to many destiny and liberation. What makes the few to be chosen over the many? It is only the vessel (of gold, earth, etc it doesn't matter) that sanctifies itself that will be ok for the masters use (2 Timothy 2:21-22). The sanctification is done by the vessel, not by an outsider.

The know how of how to be clean and remain clean is the truth that we need to be set free from the power of the law. We all know that it is hard to keep the law. Forget those who are pretending. It is hard to keep the law. But if we know how the law of the spirit works, we will easily keep the law of the flesh without trying to. That is what I mean by no struggle.
more explanation on the law of the spirit
Re: Why Do People Focus More On Sin Than On Righteousness by Kobojunkie: 11:29pm On Apr 13, 2023
jdilight:
Everywhere I turn, it is either this sin or that sin that is being discussed. Are people so sin conscious that they have nothing to do with righteousness or that they no nothing about righteousness itself?
1. Technically, without resolving sins, you cannot attain righteousness. Sin point to direct disobedience of God's direct commandments and teachings, God's Truth, and Law, and the only way to overcome Sin(disobedience) is through continuous obedience to God's direct commandments and teachings. Only those who commit to this lifestyle then go on to be set free from slavery to Sin by the Truth of God - John 8 vs 31 - 36. They are then transformed into Sons of God, vessels worthy of doing works of righteousness that are holy and acceptable to God - John 14 vs 15 - 23. undecided

The problem is not the focus on sins but focuses on wrong ideas of what sin is — that is what keeps many slaves to sin and righteousness far away. undecided
Re: Why Do People Focus More On Sin Than On Righteousness by Probz(m): 2:29am On Apr 14, 2023
jdilight:
Everywhere I turn, it is either this sin or that sin that is being discussed. Are people so sin conscious that they have nothing to do with righteousness or that they no nothing about righteousness itself?

People prefer to focus more on what’s wrong with someone or something than what’s right with them/it. That’s part of it. It’s just that with religion people can direct their negativity to something which gives them a moral guise of superiority, while everyone who doesn’t follow in the direction they thought they would (as if they’re the maker of heaven and earth and everything and everyone in it) is a professional sinner who’s doomed.
Re: Why Do People Focus More On Sin Than On Righteousness by Kobojunkie: 6:43am On Apr 14, 2023
jdilight:
■ No avoiding sin cannot make you righteous, it is being righteous that make you avoid sin.
■ This is what people don't know, they keep struggling with sin. Christianity is struggle free.
1. I am afraid you have it backwards. Sin aka unholiness is disobey of God's teachings and commandments, His Law. It is by avoiding it, meaning by choosing to live instead in continuous submission and obedience to the teachings and commandments of God that you can be made holy and acceptable vessel to be used by God in doing works of righteousness- John 8 vs 31 - 36 & John 14 vs 7 - 23 . Righteousness is impossible without holiness first since it is sin(unholiness) that taints all your offerings to God making it unacceptable aka an abomination so you have to first get rid of it and as Jesus Christ made clear, the only way is through continuous obedience of God's Law. undecided

2. People keep struggling with sin primarily because their understanding of what sin is is not that of God , and their knowledge of what is sin is equally not of God. In John 8 vs 31 - 36, Jesus Christ taught that it is only by knowing(and abiding by) the Truth of God -- God's very own teachings and commandments I.e. God's Law --- that one eventually set free from slavery to sin by the Truth of God and transformed into a Son of God. If what one knows is not the Truth of God then one will never be set free from slavery to sin. . So it is important that you know(and abide by) God's own Law and not some other idea of sin, particularly those lies regarding what constitutes sin fed you by pastors and mogs out there. undecided

(1) (2) (Reply)

Jesus And All Of The Prophets Before Him Pray The Same As Muslims Pray Today / Yoruba Theology Has No Satan- Esu Is Not Satan. / Photo Of A Child Made To Recreate Jesus' Crucifixion, Surfaces Online

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.