Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,967 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:48 AM

Nigerian Army Kills 150 Terrorists - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Army Kills 150 Terrorists (2590 Views)

In Kumala, Army Kills Boko Haram Members & Recover Weapons (photos) / Nigerian Army Kills Boko Haram Members, Rescues 210 Hostages (Graphic Photos) / Army Kills Boko Haram Kingpin, Brother In Kaduna (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Army Kills 150 Terrorists by astana1: 3:26pm On Sep 12, 2014
NIgerian troops today repelled a group of Boko Haram insurgents who launched an attack on the town of Konduga in Borno State. In a fierce battle, the soldiers routed the Islamist insurgents who have overrun several towns in Nigeria’s northeast in recent weeks, killing more than 150 of the Islamist sect’s fighters.

Today’s victory by the soldiers marked an important change of fortunes for the Nigerian military, which was bracing to face Boko Haram insurgents who have sworn to capture the Borno State capital, Maiduguri. “Today’s attack by Boko Haram was their first foray towards Maiduguri,” said a security source. “And we gave them the shock of their lives,” he added.

Our military sources revealed that the Islamist fighters numbered about 200. They came in an armored personnel carrier (APC), six Hilux buses, two Honda cars rigged with explosives with suicide drivers and numerous motorcycles, our sources added.

Soldiers drawn mostly from Maimalari Barracks ambushed the militants as they drove in a convoy to attack Konduga, some 50 miles from Maiduguri. “We knew about [Boko Haram’s] planned attack three days ago, and we had prepared for them,” an army officer told a correspondent of SaharaReporters. He added that the militants assembled in Bama for the attack.

Our sources revealed that, as soon as the militants arrived and began attacking Konduga, Nigerian troops emerged from their places of ambush on various sides to engage them. They added that most of the militants were killed, with the Nigerian army seizing a variety of high caliber weapons from the insurgents. A military officer said that only the APC, which most likely carried a senior Boko Haram militant, was able to escape towards Bama.

Quoting security and intelligence sources, SaharaReporters had reported that Boko Haram had vowed to capture Maiduguri before the Islamic feast of Sallah, which falls in the first week of October.

A military officer familiar with today’s triumphant operation said the Nigerian troops who routed Boko Haram insurgents had returned to their barracks in Maiduguri. “We’re now preparing to pursue the militants further into Bama and beyond,” said the officer.

http://saharareporters.com/2014/09/12/nigerian-soldiers-repel-attack-konduga-kill-scores-islamist-insurgents[b][/b]

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army Kills 150 Terrorists by shizzleStar: 3:28pm On Sep 12, 2014
i hope this is very very true. For the first time since the insurgency started, sharia reporters seem to have gotten it right with their reportage this time.....this is a very cheering news and welcome development. Shows our military are getting more strategic by the day.
The most cheering news/quote goes thus:
"we knew boko haram planned attacks three days ago and we prepared for them", that shows proactiveness

"the Nigerian troops emerged from their places of ambush and engaged them from various sides", again that was proactive

"the military killed most of the insurgents seizing a variety of high calibre weapons from the insurgents", now this is so so heart warming i tell ya cheesy
This is gonna be a very swell weekend for our troops and indeed every peace loving Nigerian.

Death to boko haram!

Death to their sponsors, allies, financiers, supporters, followers and virgins angry

Death to every bar.stard that in one way or the other given moral or psychological support to bokoharam either by their utterances, propaganda, false reportage, castigating the Nigerian army or bad mouthing the troops angry

Death to those bar.stards that say boko.haram should be given amnesty. angry

Death to those bar.stards that say they will take the Nigerian military hierarchy to ICC and those shouting human rights against terrorists angry

Death to all you bars.tards.! angry

Finally, i don't usually do this cos i consider it silly and childish despite having been there on more than 10 occasions, but i am overwhelmed with joy by this news, so permit me to say just for today.

F.T.C cheesycheesycheesycheesy

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Army Kills 150 Terrorists by Unionised(m): 3:28pm On Sep 12, 2014
I need to see pictures of the dead bodies with the soldiers standing over them...

Not this pix that could be anywhere from Liberia to Congo.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army Kills 150 Terrorists by ifyalways(f): 3:34pm On Sep 12, 2014
Good news. Flush out the bassssstards.

God bless our troops.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army Kills 150 Terrorists by lirusehn(m): 3:40pm On Sep 12, 2014

Nigerians dont knw what professionalism demands when it comes to giving reports of an incidence undecided
Re: Nigerian Army Kills 150 Terrorists by lekkie073(m): 3:42pm On Sep 12, 2014
Good development....

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army Kills 150 Terrorists by asadike(f): 3:46pm On Sep 12, 2014
pls dont hope 2 pursue them back,try nd anihilate them al. May God be wit u al.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army Kills 150 Terrorists by desgiezd(m): 3:54pm On Sep 12, 2014
asadike: pls dont hope 2 pursue them back,try nd anihilate them al. May God be wit u al.

That's the right word!
Re: Nigerian Army Kills 150 Terrorists by PointB: 3:55pm On Sep 12, 2014
"The only good terrorist is a dead one"

"Kill them all!"

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army Kills 150 Terrorists by Juchii(m): 3:56pm On Sep 12, 2014
;DI am happy for them, good development. next time increase it to 15000000 ;DI am happy for them, good development. next time increase it to 15000000

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army Kills 150 Terrorists by Pangea: 3:59pm On Sep 12, 2014
Una believe this one abi?
Enemies of Saharareporters?

What you refuse to accept is SR report the truth!

I will rather believe the report of SR whether palatable or not rather than the words of all the Nigerian tabloid, masquerading as newspapers!

Kudos to the NA, they now need to be on the offensive and push them out of Bama!

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army Kills 150 Terrorists by mainheart(m): 4:04pm On Sep 12, 2014
thank God

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army Kills 150 Terrorists by Goandie: 4:08pm On Sep 12, 2014
Unionised: I need to see pictures of the dead bodies with the soldiers standing over them...

Do u believe dis crap, 150 pple dem just kill like that no video or pix evidence and dey now show us dis pix as if we dey wear pampers
Re: Nigerian Army Kills 150 Terrorists by oshyno(m): 4:09pm On Sep 12, 2014
Media houses confusing us since God knows when.

I thought Bama has been captured by d military.

Mcheww. Anyway kudos NA

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army Kills 150 Terrorists by Lilimax(f): 4:09pm On Sep 12, 2014
Good work from the military.
Death to the enemies of Nigeria, Boko harams, their sponsors and sympathizers sad

May God bless Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army Kills 150 Terrorists by tit(f): 4:12pm On Sep 12, 2014
the NA did his without "air support".

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army Kills 150 Terrorists by LOC1(m): 4:14pm On Sep 12, 2014
Why must the APC escape? Anyways its a good one you guys killed 150 terrorists but what we are asking for is the total annihilation of this sect. We pray that God will make you overcomers over this sect. ASAP.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army Kills 150 Terrorists by wheesin(m): 4:19pm On Sep 12, 2014
all of you asking for pictures and videos are either ignorant or sick...how do you expect soldiers to be taking pictures like paparazzis..? this news isnt supposed to be told to us..when we are all done with this bas.tards called terrorist then we jubilate..

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army Kills 150 Terrorists by nigerianvenom(m): 4:19pm On Sep 12, 2014
Unionised: I need to see pictures of the dead bodies with the soldiers standing over them...

why not go to gwoza or sambisa with ur camera phone?
u can help us as a photo journalist and we will thank u.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army Kills 150 Terrorists by Unionised(m): 4:22pm On Sep 12, 2014
nigerianvenom:

why not go to gwoza or sambisa with ur camera phone?
u can help us as a photo journalist and we will thank u.

Would love to.

But my talents have better use elsewhere.

I leave that to the OP who snapped some soldiers at his backyard.

After all, one of the greatest discoveries of all time is the usefulness of DIVISION OF LABOUR.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army Kills 150 Terrorists by maslong(m): 4:29pm On Sep 12, 2014
what of the air force? why should they allow the APC. to escape. please next time don't allow even one of them to escape. GOD bless our NAF may GOD protect and diffened NAF amen.
Re: Nigerian Army Kills 150 Terrorists by overhypedsteve(m): 4:32pm On Sep 12, 2014
In musiwa's voice
Its very easy to kill this terrorist, you just shoot them and they die. Its just that they are very hard to find, so, even if you have many bullets in your pocket it becomes useless,take for example somebody like Rambo with all his big guns, satellite pictures and bullets will not be able to defeat boko haram. I have saletite pictures as evidence and i am backed by international law.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Army Kills 150 Terrorists by experimentist: 4:36pm On Sep 12, 2014
shizzleStar: i hope this is very very true. For the first time since the insurgency started, sharia reporters seem to have gotten it right with their reportage this time.....this is a very cheering news and welcome development. Shows our military are getting more strategic by the day.
The most cheering news/quite goes thus:
"we knew boko haram planned attacks three days ago and we prepared for them", that shows proactiveness

"the Nigerian troops emerged from their places of ambush and engaged them from various sides", again that was proactive

"the military killed most of the insurgents seizing a variety of high calibre weapons from the insurgents", now this is so so heart warming i tell ya cheesy
This is gonna be a very swell weekend for our troops and indeed every peace loving Nigerian.

Death to boko haram!

Death to their sponsors, allies, financiers, supporters, followers and virgins angry

Death to every bar.stard that in one way or the other given moral or psychological support to bokoharam either by their utterances, propaganda, false reportage, castigating the Nigerian army or bad mouthing the troops angry

Death to those bar.stards that say boko.haram should be given amnesty. angry

Death to those bar.stards that say they will take the Nigerian military hierarchy to ICC and those shouting human rights against terrorists angry

Death to all you bars.tards.! angry

Finally, i don't usually do this cos i consider it silly and childish despite having been there on more than 10 occasions, but i am overwhelmed with joy by this news, so permit me to say just for today.

F.T.C cheesycheesycheesycheesy
Death to Ihejirika, the Boko Haram COAS!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army Kills 150 Terrorists by OKKO(m): 4:38pm On Sep 12, 2014
Good news!!!
But why must the APC escape? Escape to were? From which route? Road or bush or river?
The hours this operation lasted is enough for one of NAF jet fighters to fly in for an aerial support and trace down the APC to their base since BH is withdrawing possible bomb it completely.
High caliber vehicle and ammunition is not good to be in the hands of enemy!

Congrats NA though una get saboteurs ooo, they don already tell this sharia reporters the detail of the intelligence and operation. Nawaooo!
Re: Nigerian Army Kills 150 Terrorists by project8(m): 4:40pm On Sep 12, 2014
Boko haram how market? grin
Re: Nigerian Army Kills 150 Terrorists by shizzleStar: 4:41pm On Sep 12, 2014
experimentist: Death to Ihejirika, the Boko Haram COAS!
MUMU! keep fooling yourself. Death to people that make this sort of statement you made cool

8 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army Kills 150 Terrorists by richard69(m): 4:41pm On Sep 12, 2014
sahara reporters are reporting triumphant news of NA now u people arent complaining until they report their failures and inadequacies

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army Kills 150 Terrorists by Enkaynwa(f): 4:52pm On Sep 12, 2014
What a heart warming news.

God bless our troops
God punish bh and ALL their sympathisers
Re: Nigerian Army Kills 150 Terrorists by KwoiZabo(m): 4:58pm On Sep 12, 2014
Sahara Reporters are now making us happy grin dancing Etighi
Re: Nigerian Army Kills 150 Terrorists by Sunnybobo3(m): 4:58pm On Sep 12, 2014
Seun, Ngwakwe, OAM4J front page please.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Very Graphic: See Pics Of Boko Haram Militants Killed By Nigerian Troops / Is Buhari Clueless, Is Gej The Messiah ?? - YMODULUS Response to MATTHEWBRIGGS / LAGOS MEGA RALLY: Jonathan Stalled $1.354bn Lekki Deep Sea Port - Fashola

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.