Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,084 members, 7,814,748 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:49 PM

Thread for South Korea prospective students - Travel (161) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Thread for South Korea prospective students (535457 Views)

Nigerians In South Korea / Any Prospective Students For University Of Essex, Southend On Sea Campus? / South Korea Visa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (158) (159) (160) (161) (162) (163) (164) ... (189) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by chaiks: 9:21pm On Jul 30, 2019
Yampotatocarrot:

Yeah, they are technology inclined. I'm sorry I don't know of any other, I only searched for schools offering biotech courses. Apologies
all right bro. No probs
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by Nobody: 9:29pm On Jul 30, 2019
Yampotatocarrot:

Are you going there to study, and which school please?

Going to study. Ajou university GSIS
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by Yampotatocarrot(m): 9:35pm On Jul 30, 2019
Truidstar:

I'm.guessing you are for September resumption (correct me if Im wrong, please). Is it scholarship, if not, how much is the total fee paid?

Congrats by the way
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by acadollar(m): 10:17pm On Jul 30, 2019
mblarry1:

can u please reply me.. sent you a mail
Forget this old post, focus on new post.
Nothing like that exist
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by ezenwa28: 7:35am On Jul 31, 2019
Danny4show:
Boss, I'm also applying too, let's talk on the SOP and recommendation letter. I have PM you, do check your mail.
. Bro please I have HND can I Apply for masters, I didn't see Undergraduate options there in Gwanju institute
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by ezenwa28: 9:25am On Jul 31, 2019
acadollar:

Forget this old post, focus on new post.
Nothing like that exist
. Acadollar I graduated HND in Electrical Electronics Engineering please can you help me with school accept me for masters or PGD or probably upgrade to bachelors with cheaper tuition fees also the application will start. Thank you
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by Nobody: 1:35pm On Jul 31, 2019
Yampotatocarrot:

I'm.guessing you are for September resumption (correct me if Im wrong, please). Is it scholarship, if not, how much is the total fee paid?

Congrats by the way

Yeah, for September. Flying out next month. 50% scholarship (tuition) for all new students.
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by chaiks: 1:45pm On Jul 31, 2019
Truidstar:

hi . I guess you mean graduate institute of international studies. Does that mean you are going for a social science course?
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by Nobody: 4:06pm On Jul 31, 2019
chaiks:
hi . I guess you mean graduate institute of international studies. Does that mean you are going for a social science course?

Yeah. It's an Engineering university though, but they have s world class business school.
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by chaiks: 4:13pm On Jul 31, 2019
Truidstar:

Yeah. It's an Engineering university though, but they have s world class business school.
ok bro. Am aiming for social science course too. I will pm you please.
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by acadollar(m): 6:38pm On Jul 31, 2019
ezenwa28:
. Acadollar I graduated HND in Electrical Electronics Engineering please can you help me with school accept me for masters or PGD or probably upgrade to bachelors with cheaper tuition fees also the application will start. Thank you
Work no dey o.. you will focus on studies not work.
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by Rexkingsley(m): 6:53pm On Jul 31, 2019
So anyone going to south korea has to go through student visa,what happened to work visa and the rest?
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by ifechez: 7:30pm On Jul 31, 2019
judith989:

I applied to Kumoh Institute of Technology (KIT)

Please dear, do they give scholarship to new international students, even if it's 50%? Tanx
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by ifechez: 7:31pm On Jul 31, 2019
Yampotatocarrot:

If I may ask, why trouble yourself about the reserved quota when there are schools that give scholarship to ALL international students, plus monthly stipends?

Is there something I'm.missing here?

Hello, please can you help me with schools that give scholarship to international students. I will really appreciate.
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by judith989(f): 10:49pm On Jul 31, 2019
ifechez:

Please dear, do they give scholarship to new international students, even if it's 50%? Tanx
Yes. An English test with good scores qualifies you for a 50%
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by chaiks: 2:35am On Aug 01, 2019
acadollar:

Work no dey o.. you will focus on studies not work.
ah. Oga acadollar, u mean part time job no dey Korea?
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by Yampotatocarrot(m): 7:18am On Aug 01, 2019
ifechez:

Hello, please can you help me with schools that give scholarship to international students. I will really appreciate.

Seoul national university, Kumoh, Inha, Gwangju, and so on

Just look for the ones offering the course you wanna go for, and continue from there

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by Yampotatocarrot(m): 7:20am On Aug 01, 2019
Truidstar:

Yeah, for September. Flying out next month. 50% scholarship (tuition) for all new students.

Waoh, congrats bro. I'll also check out SNU again, but mine is for next year sha.
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by Yampotatocarrot(m): 7:22am On Aug 01, 2019
judith989:

Yes. An English test with good scores qualifies you for a 50%

I'm using a "Proficiency in English" certificate from my alma mater, hence disqualifying me from those scholarships attached to good English scores.
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by WhyNa: 9:48am On Aug 01, 2019
Please is admission currently open? Thanks
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by Jake420: 9:58am On Aug 01, 2019
Yampotatocarrot:

Seoul national university, Kumoh, Inha, Gwangju, and so on

Just look for the ones offering the course you wanna go for, and continue from there
Apart from snu any other in Seoul?
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by Yampotatocarrot(m): 5:02pm On Aug 01, 2019
Jake420:

Apart from snu any other in Seoul?

That, I didn't check,Sir
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by Jake420: 5:12pm On Aug 01, 2019
Yampotatocarrot:

That, I didn't check,Sir
No p but please could you let me know if you find one
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by Kingchineme6(m): 9:47am On Aug 02, 2019
Please friends can I use conference visa to work in South Korea, which visa will be OK for me to get, I need your help please
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by WhyNa: 11:37am On Aug 02, 2019
Tried applying and after creating an account, the rest was in tongues. Even the translate option couldn't help
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by judith989(f): 12:45pm On Aug 03, 2019
ifechez:

Yes they do. Research on your laboratory of interest and contact the professor in charge to share your research plan.
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by udi2111: 6:50pm On Aug 03, 2019
judith989:

Yes they do. Research on your laboratory of interest and contact the professor in charge to share your research plan.
I'm also applying to KIT, can I send you a PM?
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by Yampotatocarrot(m): 4:36pm On Aug 05, 2019
YoungMil:

I used TnT which is sub of FedEx since they have merged. It took about 3-5 working days...you can always always ask them before sending. You will be told the worst case scenario.

I hope it helps.

Hi, YoungMil, from an insider view, please can we have a honest opinion of how life is in SK?

With emphasis on mode of education (I read somewhere that their educational system is probably more stressful than ours here), English proficiency level of the lecturers teaching you, living cost, and legal work/business opportunities.

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by Jake420: 1:42pm On Aug 11, 2019
Hi please I need to know does Gwangju offer scholarships for undergraduates or is it only ppst graduates?
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by Yampotatocarrot(m): 7:07pm On Aug 11, 2019
Jake420:
Hi please I need to know does Gwangju offer scholarships for undergraduates or is it only ppst graduates?

From what I saw, it's for ALL international students, they didn't specify post graduates
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by Jake420: 8:49am On Aug 12, 2019
Yampotatocarrot:

From what I saw, it's for ALL international students, they didn't specify post graduates
Do you know of anyone who has applied for undergraduate?
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by Yampotatocarrot(m): 8:54am On Aug 12, 2019
Jake420:

Do you know of anyone who has applied for undergraduate?

No, Sir

(1) (2) (3) ... (158) (159) (160) (161) (162) (163) (164) ... (189) (Reply)

General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries / Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant / Nigerians In Oslo, Norway

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.