Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,972 members, 7,817,855 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:17 PM

Thread for South Korea prospective students - Travel (93) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Thread for South Korea prospective students (536272 Views)

Nigerians In South Korea / Any Prospective Students For University Of Essex, Southend On Sea Campus? / South Korea Visa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) ... (189) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by WILL10: 5:58pm On Sep 04, 2016
nemico:
how can i get the visa to sk ?? i just want to come work and stay .......

Bros, pls read through d thread from the start, all info u would require will be sufficient enough to start up ur dream n arrive sk even without any help from people.
Just be clear on what kinda visa u want first n start from there.
Cheers
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by Chibudollar: 8:59pm On Sep 04, 2016
The advice people normally get here is do it yourself, but what if you are going there to live/work and not the school part I don't think it's that easy to get the visa successfully, chances of getting it is usually low, except u use an agent, my personal opinion though
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by Smartlife(m): 1:35am On Sep 05, 2016
WILL10:

Bulk of the budget determinant would be solely hinged on ur schools fees. If that is excluded, I am sure about 1mil naira would easily bring u here and make u live here for about 2/3months(even without a job).
Hence, try securing scholarships from schools or get a low-paying ones. Cheers.

O boy see money... 1mil and school fees money is excluded. Meaning that in total one must have up to 1.3mil before looking to start this process of pursuing schooling in sk before you get work there.
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by suxes2005(m): 5:16am On Sep 05, 2016
Smartlife:

O boy see money... 1mil and school fees money is excluded. Meaning that in total one must have up to 1.3mil before looking to start this process of pursuing schooling in sk before you get work there.

300k cant be enough for school fees I guess.
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by Kenneth10110(m): 10:58pm On Sep 05, 2016
WILL10:

Kindly note dt my budget estimate of 1mil in inclusive of ur visa applications, flight ticket(one way), and accommodation + feeding(for 2/3 months)....

In my own case.
Visa applications + documentations=22k naira
Flight ticket=300k naira (Lagos - abuja and Abuja - SK)
Dormitory + feeding for semester (4months)=$1200 (400k naira roughly wt MasterCard)

I am sure u realize dt budgets depends solely on the individual....
I hope my analysis helps...

Nice to hear. Please afterwards what the budget one will spend in the next three months after the 1.3m
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by lilreese: 4:05am On Sep 06, 2016
Thinking of doing my masters. Is Korea a country that one can get part time or full time job easily ?
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by Chigojude: 5:23am On Sep 06, 2016
Abeg guys...Good a.m....I just saw the KGSP advert...I'm new to this thread... but what I need is this....is there anyone that has applied before...what are the required docs to submit to the embassy or partner university... I wish to apply for PG studies.
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by lilreese: 5:25am On Sep 06, 2016
N
acadollar:
Visa rules eased for foreign graduates
음성듣기
By Jung Min-ho

The Ministry of Justice eased visa restrictions Tuesday for foreigners with a Korean college degree in an effort to keep more international talent in the country.

The policy change will enable foreigners who have earned bachelor’s or higher degrees in Korea to get an E-7 (designated activities) visa, even if what they do in the workplace is unrelated to their major. Previously, that relevancy was required.

A GPA of at least 3.0, a national certificate and recommendations of professors are no longer required from foreigners to apply for a D-10 (job seeking) visa.

Also, the length of stay for D-10 visa holders has been extended from one to two years.

Meanwhile, obtaining permanent residency in Korea has become easier.

Foreigners who received their bachelor’s degree in science or engineering in Korea are now eligible to get permanent residency if they lived here for more than three years and their annual salary is higher than Korea’s per capita gross national income (GNI). In 2013, that was $26,205.

Previously, the opportunity for permanent residency was limited to foreigners that studied one of only nine programs in college ― IT, technology management, nanotechnology, digital electronics, biotechnology, transport, new material, environment and energy.

Those who earned their master’s or a higher degree in Korea are eligible to get permanent residency regardless of their majors, if they lived in Korea more than three years and their annual salary is higher than the GNI per capita.

The D-9 (international trading) visas will be issued for foreigners that invested more than 100 million won ($91,000) into Korea as long as they have a master’s or higher degree from here.

Degree-seeking students in their master’s or doctor’s program are now allowed to bring two of their immediate family members or spouse to Korea after the first six months.

The number of foreign students in Korea has increased to 86,410 in 2014, a 6.7 percent increase from 80,985 in 2009.

“We expect more foreign talent to help boost the economy,” a ministry official said.

As part of its efforts to tackle the nation’s declining labor force, the ministry is expected to continue to open more doors for foreign talent.

In December, the government said it also plans to relax the current points-based system to give permanent residency to more talented foreign workers.

As the nation’s birth rate remains stubbornly low at 1.19 children per woman, many concerns have been raised that it could seriously erode the national economy’s growth potential. The rate is one of the lowest in the world, along with Hong Kong, Taiwan, Macau and Singapore.

The government believes that the working age population is 73 percent of the nation’s total this year ― the highest rate ever, but it is expected to decrease from 2017.

If the government’s efforts to boost the birth rate continue to be futile, many experts say that the only other way to keep the country afloat is attracting more foreign talent.

1 Like

Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by lilreese: 5:26am On Sep 06, 2016

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by jugreency3: 1:05pm On Sep 06, 2016
Oga me, i don't understand u o, y are u quoting without adding any comments na?

2 Likes

Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by jugreency3: 11:25am On Sep 07, 2016
Please house, which of the courier is the Cheapest to post documents from Nigeria to south korea and how many days will it tak to get there. Thanks all
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by Totalflight: 11:57am On Sep 07, 2016
Good day every one,pls can anyone help me with how to get an I.v to south korea cuz I was told u need an I.v for a visiting visa.pls urgent reply
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by WILL10: 7:58am On Sep 08, 2016
jugreency3:
Please house, which of the courier is the Cheapest to post documents from Nigeria to south korea and how many days will it tak to get there. Thanks all

NIPOST registered mail....18 working days.....cost about 2300 naira to Korea.

TNT......10 working days tops....cost about 11k naira to korea

I have used both and can attest their credibility.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by jugreency3: 10:13am On Sep 08, 2016
WILL10:

NIPOST registered mail....18 working days.....cost about 2300 naira to Korea.

TNT......10 working days tops....cost about 11k naira to korea

I have used both and can attest their credibility.
Thank you boss

1 Like

Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by iyobs7(f): 6:04pm On Sep 12, 2016
travelxpat:
For those intesrested in kumoh institute of technology.I can guide you from a to z And If permitted I will drop the direct email address and telephone number of the admission officer for language.The next admission intake is for september.
University of uslan offers all 4 semesters .these universities dont require guarantor from korea.
Best of luck guys

Good evening, I am an IT graduate from India, Nigerian by birth and I studied Computer Science in India (BSC) and I would love to come for my masters in the school you mentioned above. Please how can you be of help?
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by jugreency3: 2:18pm On Sep 18, 2016
Hmmmmmm, what a room
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by SlimHan(f): 10:37pm On Sep 18, 2016
Abadoned by every one. Any info available?
jugreency3:
Hmmmmmm, what a room
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by Bekeey: 11:54pm On Sep 19, 2016
Please Acadolla, I have read from page 1 to 8 of this thread which I was impressed from the information you were giving out. Thank u and remain blessed. I supposed to be in SK this last week 14th of this month but the person helping me with the visa process said the embassy demanded for a guarantor from south korea, and it have affected my ticket but he will ask for update. For now I am waiting for the visa to come out also waiting for the new date ticket to be fixed. But please, The guarantor issue is it true? again, is it possible to update a missed ticket? Because I paid for the ticket while waiting for my visa to come out. Thanks.

Please ur responds is urgently needed.....My VISA is for Business. thanks
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by ziggy3579: 8:59am On Sep 20, 2016
Kudos to everyone on this thread, I will like to know if I can still apply for a masters degree program in SK, I hope it's not too late. Thanks
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by jugreency3: 3:32pm On Sep 20, 2016
ziggy3579:
Kudos to everyone on this thread, I will like to know if I can still apply for a masters degree program in SK, I hope it's not too late. Thanks
Wait for December
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by jugreency3: 3:35pm On Sep 20, 2016
Bekeey:
Please Acadolla, I have read from page 1 to 8 of this thread which I was impressed from the information you were giving out. Thank u and remain blessed. I supposed to be in SK this last week 14th of this month but the person helping me with the visa process said the embassy demanded for a guarantor from south korea, and it have affected my ticket but he will ask for update. For now I am waiting for the visa to come out also waiting for the new date ticket to be fixed. But please, The guarantor issue is it true? again, is it possible to update a missed ticket? Because I paid for the ticket while waiting for my visa to come out. Thanks.

Consular/Visa Service
Visa Issuance
Home > Consular/Visa Service > Visa Issuance
Visa Issuance
Twiiter Facebook Print
EMBASSY OF THE REPUBLIC OF KOREA : VISA APPLICATION

● Nigerian who plans to visit Korea must obtain visas before entering Korea.
● Visa applicant is required to submit his/her passport, visa application form, a recent color passport style
photograph, and other relevant documents as determined by the status of his/her application.
● Visa processing: Minimum of ten working days for all passports after the submission of all documents.
● Visa applicant must visit Korean visa application center(VFS) in a person to submit his/her application.

* Visa Fee
single visa (less than 90 days) N 12,000
single visa (more than 91 days) N 18,000
double entry visa N 21,000
multi entry visa N 27,000

* Important Notice*

KOREAN VISA APPLICATION CENTRE WILL BE OPEN IN 2016. 2. 1.
FROM THE FIRST DAY OF FEBUARY, PLEASE SUBMIT ALL REQUIRED DOCUMENTS AND VISA APPLICATION AT
KOREAN VISA APPLICATION CENRE.

ADDRESS: 38, LOBITO CRESCENT, WUSE 2, ABUJA, NIGERIA

IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS, PLEASE VISIT VFS WEBSITE OR CONTACT US

Web site: www.vfsglobal.com/Korea/Nigeria/
Email: greenmillinda@yahoo.com / emb-ng@mofa.co

required documents for CONFERENCE VISA
<Documents to be prepared and submitted by visa applicants>
1. Properly filled visa application form (with one passport photograph attached)
2. International passport (with a photocopy of data page)
3. Personal bank account statement (for at least a period of 3 months and issued within 14days)
4. Hotel and flight booking information
5. Letter of introduction from sponsoring organizations.
(Specifying the applicant's position in the organization, detailed purpose of visit)
*Sponsoring organizations that are incorporated should attach:
(a) Original certificate of Incorporation and photocopy
(b) Company bank account statement
(c) Original Memorandum and photocopy of cover page and stamped page
(d) Original Tax Clearance Certificate/photocopy
6. Photocopy of National ID card/Drivers license/Voters card/Work ID/Student ID
<Documents to be prepared by inviters and submitted by visa applicants>
1. Original and notarized letter of invitation
2. Photocopy of certificate of Korean business registration
3. Original and notarized guarantee letter (with contact number, e-mail address and organizer’s details)

required documents for BUSINESS VISA
1. Properly filled visa application form (with one passport photograph attached)
3. Documents proving the purpose of business: invoice, contracts, etc
4. Individual and company’s Bank account statement (for at least a period of 3 months and issued within 14days)
5. Hotel and flight booking information
6. Original certificate of Incorporation and photocopy
7. Original company Memorandum and photocopy of cover page and stamped page
8. Original Tax Clearance and photocopy (FIRS)
9. Photocopy of National ID card/Drivers license/Voters card/Work ID (Original ID card will be checked)
1. Original and notarized letter of invitation (detailing the specific purpose and inviting period of the business)
3. Original and notarized guarantee letter from korean company (with contact number, e-mail address and company details)
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by Bekeey: 10:12pm On Sep 20, 2016
jugreency3:

Consular/Visa Service
Visa Issuance
Home > Consular/Visa Service > Visa Issuance
Visa Issuance
Twiiter Facebook Print
EMBASSY OF THE REPUBLIC OF KOREA : VISA APPLICATION

● Nigerian who plans to visit Korea must obtain visas before entering Korea.
● Visa applicant is required to submit his/her passport, visa application form, a recent color passport style
photograph, and other relevant documents as determined by the status of his/her application.
● Visa processing: Minimum of ten working days for all passports after the submission of all documents.
● Visa applicant must visit Korean visa application center(VFS) in a person to submit his/her application.

* Visa Fee
single visa (less than 90 days) N 12,000
single visa (more than 91 days) N 18,000
double entry visa N 21,000
multi entry visa N 27,000

* Important Notice*

KOREAN VISA APPLICATION CENTRE WILL BE OPEN IN 2016. 2. 1.
FROM THE FIRST DAY OF FEBUARY, PLEASE SUBMIT ALL REQUIRED DOCUMENTS AND VISA APPLICATION AT
KOREAN VISA APPLICATION CENRE.

ADDRESS: 38, LOBITO CRESCENT, WUSE 2, ABUJA, NIGERIA

IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS, PLEASE VISIT VFS WEBSITE OR CONTACT US

Web site: www.vfsglobal.com/Korea/Nigeria/
Email: greenmillinda@yahoo.com / emb-ng@mofa.co

required documents for CONFERENCE VISA
3. Personal bank account statement (for at least a period of 3 months and issued within 14days)
4. Hotel and flight booking information
5. Letter of introduction from sponsoring organizations.
(Specifying the applicant's position in the organization, detailed purpose of visit)
*Sponsoring organizations that are incorporated should attach:
(a) Original certificate of Incorporation and photocopy
(b) Company bank account statement
(c) Original Memorandum and photocopy of cover page and stamped page
(d) Original Tax Clearance Certificate/photocopy
6. Photocopy of National ID card/Drivers license/Voters card/Work ID/Student ID
1. Original and notarized letter of invitation
3. Original and notarized guarantee letter (with contact number, e-mail address and organizer’s details)

required documents for BUSINESS VISA
3. Documents proving the purpose of business: invoice, contracts, etc
4. Individual and company’s Bank account statement (for at least a period of 3 months and issued within 14days)
5. Hotel and flight booking information
6. Original certificate of Incorporation and photocopy
7. Original company Memorandum and photocopy of cover page and stamped page
8. Original Tax Clearance and photocopy (FIRS)
9. Photocopy of National ID card/Drivers license/Voters card/Work ID (Original ID card will be checked)
1. Original and notarized letter of invitation (detailing the specific purpose and inviting period of the business)
3. Original and notarized guarantee letter from korean company (with contact number, e-mail address and company details)
Thanks
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by acadollar(m): 2:49am On Sep 21, 2016
Bekeey:

1.You're not supposed to pay for ticket till you get your visa.
2.And take note that no agent can guarantee you SouthKorean visa not even business visa.
3.And if you're sure that you or him applied for business visa, you are supposed to have a guarantor already, because before embassy will even accept your passport and visa application documents, they must see your guarantors letter and iv, so please get your information straight or you confirm if your agent is making money of u

3 Likes

Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by lovesavvi: 7:23am On Sep 21, 2016
Good Day Accadolar nd all d member of d Group,pls what program can HND graduate do in south korea or my qualify for direct master. Can u pls recomend a good school for me
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by iyobs7(f): 10:08am On Sep 21, 2016
acadollar:

2.And take note that no agent can guarantee you SouthKorean visa not even business visa.
3.And if you're sure that you or him applied for business visa, you are supposed to have a guarantor already, because before embassy will even accept your passport and visa application documents, they must see your guarantors letter and iv, so please get your information straight or you confirm if your agent is making money of u

Bro please I sent you a mail on your gmail. Please try and reply.
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by Bekeey: 1:59pm On Sep 21, 2016
acadollar:

Thank u so much bro...but is it possible to update a missed ticket?
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by Benmaria14: 8:13am On Sep 23, 2016
hello everyb0dy, please which school can a third class holder apply now and which school is accepting application now? thanks
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by prittygift114: 12:42pm On Sep 23, 2016
[quote author=acadollar post=27194734]
apply for language studies[/quote

@acadollar, which school do I apply for language studies? Am actually a graduate, third class, 29years.

(1) (2) (3) ... (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) ... (189) (Reply)

General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries / Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant / Nigerians In Oslo, Norway

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.