Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,177 members, 7,815,118 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:38 AM

Thread for South Korea prospective students - Travel (95) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Thread for South Korea prospective students (535624 Views)

Nigerians In South Korea / Any Prospective Students For University Of Essex, Southend On Sea Campus? / South Korea Visa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) ... (189) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by jugreency3: 10:21pm On Oct 08, 2016
Thanks
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by Shakitibob0: 10:37pm On Oct 08, 2016
WILL10:

I honestly cannot provide the best answer to ur queries bro, as visa related issues are hugely at the discretion of the VIO(Visa issuing Officer).

Why dont u find time to come-by their office n ask them directly(since u are a legit student in Philippines).
But I honestly suggest u to consider SK first, as a prospective student...dt helps n would allow u to work legitimately as well.
Cheers.
hello bro...please can I use two bank statements belonging to two individuals for the purpose of admission and visa? The account of the person sent to school is different from account sent to embassy

1 Like

Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by azubix(m): 9:59pm On Oct 11, 2016
Waoooo, glory to God. Finally, I have been able to finish my reading from page 0 to 94. Thanks Accadollar for the tread and all who contributed. I have made up my mind to apply for language training at KIT, I will like us to do this together. Pls all who will like to apply, let's get our documents ready, go to there website or kcluv2men if you can paste it here again good. You can go to Abuja and do your authentication, legalization and embassy seal(confirmation) and get everything ready so that once the admission is ready you send them immediately. Also, let's start saving or looking for sponsors remember 13,000$ if I am not mistaking. Get every visa requirements ready. I believe by faith that I MUST BE IN SOUTH KOREA by march 2017, if you believe shout an earth quaking Amen. I also discovered that no body is talking of Psychology, I am madly in love with that course and that is what I am going there to study, I want to study it tilllllll PHD or Professor if possible. Let's believe for all things are possible. Also, those courses that are thought in English only like International Trade, International Business Management etc do they need TOPiK 3 as admission requirements? Shalom.

2 Likes

Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by SlimHan(f): 10:10pm On Oct 11, 2016
Good to have you here bro. KIT all the way.
azubix:
Waoooo, glory to God. Finally, I have been able to finish my reading from page 0 to 94. Thanks Accadollar for the tread and all who contributed. I have made up my mind to apply for language training at KIT, I will like us to do this together. Pls all who will like to apply, let's get our documents ready, go to there website or kcluv2men if you can paste it here again good. You can go to Abuja and do your authentication, legalization and embassy seal(confirmation) and get everything ready so that once the admission is ready you send them immediately. Also, let's start saving or looking for sponsors remember 13,000$ if I am not mistaking. Get every visa requirements ready. I believe by faith that I MUST BE IN SOUTH KOREA by march 2017, if you believe shout an earth quaking Amen. I also discovered that no body is talking of Psychology, I am madly in love with that course and that is what I am going there to study, I want to study it tilllllll PHD or Professor if possible. Let's believe for all things are possible. Also, those courses that are thought in English only like International Trade, International Business Management etc do they need TOPiK 3 as admission requirements? Shalom.
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by mryoung16: 12:03am On Oct 12, 2016
Hi guys, nice job here, please can I go get the embassy seal now and wait for admission? If yes how much will I pay in Korea embassy there? Thanks guys.
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by azubix(m): 1:11am On Oct 12, 2016
Everybody have been talking about work, in as much as that is good, we should also be looking at knowledge, we need students that will decide to work and still make a first class. Does it not concern us that the education system of our country is in a pitiable state? Those studying IT and engineering related courses should also open their eyes to the practical section, get a good job, gather the experience and then when you are ready to comeback you will be very equipped to change our technology. My point is, there is no other country we can call our own for now except Nigeria, let's get the best of knowledge and come and salvage our country so that foreigners will also want to come to Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by azubix(m): 1:13am On Oct 12, 2016
@mryoung, I think the Korean embassy should be at Abuja. I will advice, if u have the time and money, go and do them now and keep, I don't really know how much, I have not done mine.

1 Like

Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by chaiks: 6:36am On Oct 12, 2016
Hello guys. Gud work going on here. I fancy sk than d crave for other eu popular countries. But d issue is that I want to study in South Korea on full scholarship. I I'll be going for masters. My question is, has it been possible for Nigerians to get full masters scholarship in Korea? Are there part time Jobs and like how much can one expect to mk from it per month? Does Korea offer chances to stay behind should one succeed in coming over? Ur inputs I'll be of great importance.
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by mryoung16: 7:12am On Oct 12, 2016
azubix:
Everybody have been talking about work, in as much as that is good, we should also be looking at knowledge, we need students that will decide to work and still make a first class. Does it not concern us that the education system of our country is in a pitiable state? Those studying IT and engineering related courses should also open their eyes to the practical section, get a good job, gather the experience and then when you are ready to comeback you will be very equipped to change our technology. My point is, there is no other country we can call our own for now except Nigeria, let's get the best of knowledge and come and salvage our country so that foreigners will also want to come to Nigeria.

Nice point there BUT you no what, hands are not the same, A might be rich while B might be poor..most Nigerians that traveled out for studies don't normally do it as if they have money or either because they hate their country, they only leave because of the flexibility of the immigration system of that country.

However, working while studyn is also good as it exposees one to the world and equip you to face life once ur done in school. Thanks.
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by mryoung16: 7:15am On Oct 12, 2016
azubix:
@mryoung, I think the Korean embassy should be at Abuja. I will advice, if u have the time and money, go and do them now and keep, I don't really know how much, I have not done mine.

Thanks but I need to no how much it will cost because I stays very far from Abuja, need to plan before going there.
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by azubix(m): 8:06am On Oct 12, 2016
chaiks:
Hello guys. Gud work going on here. I fancy sk than d crave for other eu popular countries. But d issue is that I want to study in South Korea on full scholarship. I I'll be going for masters. My question is, has it been possible for Nigerians to get full masters scholarship in Korea? Are there part time Jobs and like how much can one expect to mk from it per month? Does Korea offer chances to stay behind should one succeed in coming over? Ur inputs I'll be of great importance.
Pls dear, take the pain of reading from page 1, before page 10 I promise you you might find answers to your question. Shalom
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by azubix(m): 8:08am On Oct 12, 2016
Please Nigerians already in South Korea, what is their core religion, are there Catholic churches there?
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by Shakitibob0: 2:30pm On Oct 12, 2016
SlimHan:
Good to have you here bro. KIT all the way.
azubix...in as much as I like kit, I think guys should look out at other language schools too...the vo may just appear overly stern if majority of the prospective students from Nigeria are applying to kit..he/she may refuse to issue visa in this case

Make your research and apply to other schools too
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by chaiks: 3:35pm On Oct 12, 2016
azubix:

Pls dear, take the pain of reading from page 1, before page 10 I promise you you might find answers to your question. Shalom
tnks for your reply. I v read from there but I just want to get first hand experience in terms of scholarship chances for masters and part time Jobs in d present world economy
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by azubix(m): 7:33pm On Oct 12, 2016
Shakitibob0:
azubix...in as much as I like kit, I think guys should look out at other language schools too...the vo may just appear overly stern if majority of the prospective students from Nigeria are applying to kit..he/she may refuse to issue visa in this case

You are very correct my brother, it's just that everybody is looking for where it will be easier. Am on with my phone, searching 2017 will never pass me by.
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by azubix(m): 9:25pm On Oct 12, 2016
Please somebody should help me before I faint here. What is the exact exchange rate of NGN to KRW is it 1NGN=0.28KRW or 1NGB = 3.5KRW. Please help me clarify.
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by Mirror97: 11:23pm On Oct 12, 2016
azubix:
Please somebody should help me before I faint here. What is the exact exchange rate of NGN to KRW is it 1NGN=0.28KRW or 1NGB = 3.5KRW. Please help me clarify.

convert the Korean won to dollar first then you'll now convert to naira. E.g 2000krw = $200 $200 = blah blah blah in naira I hope you get it .
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by jugreency3: 2:58pm On Oct 13, 2016
Shakitibob0:

Thats my man. My own still remain. I just want to go and study theology and become POPE OF SK. Lol.
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by jugreency3: 3:01pm On Oct 13, 2016
ogbuduyeke:
Goodday pls the factory jobs in south korea are they dangerous or not tgood to work i
Can there be any dangerous work than Nigeria?
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by arena07: 3:35pm On Oct 13, 2016
jugreency3:

Thats my man. My own still remain. I just want to go and study theology and become POPE OF SK. Lol.
hmmm
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by jugreency3: 3:38pm On Oct 13, 2016
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by chaiks: 3:39pm On Oct 13, 2016
Please how much can one make from d factory work and what are d likely factories one can work in?
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by azubix(m): 3:47pm On Oct 13, 2016
chaiks:
Please how much can one make from d factory work and what are d likely factories one can work in?
Come SK first na? You cannot get the work here. From what Oga them in the house said, there are works of between 1500-2500$ per month. I learnt one can get work as soon as possible.
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by azubix(m): 3:53pm On Oct 13, 2016
Pls house I need our help on this *statement of plan* how do one go about it? What exactly do they need there. Pls anybody that has sample should pls pm me pleaseeeee help a brother. Shalom.
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by Shakitibob0: 5:06pm On Oct 13, 2016
jugreency3:

lol baddest...
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by prittygift114: 5:17pm On Oct 13, 2016
Hello guyz, please when is the application for a language program in South Korea start and when is the studies commencement date? Thanks.
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by prittygift114: 5:21pm On Oct 13, 2016
Mirror97:

convert the Korean won to dollar first then you'll now convert to naira. E.g 2000krw = $200 $200 = blah blah blah in naira I hope you get it .

Hi Mirror97, please can I pm you? Want to get something clear.
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by Mirror97: 5:23pm On Oct 13, 2016
prittygift114:

Hi Mirror97, please can I pm you? Want to get something clear.
Sure you can.
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by jugreency3: 8:04pm On Oct 13, 2016
azubix:
Pls house I need our help on this *statement of plan* how do one go about it? What exactly do they need there. Pls anybody that has sample should pls pm me pleaseeeee help a brother. Shalom.
Its statement of purpose not plan. You can Google it. Its all about y u want to study the course and y you think that school is the best place to study it. But you need to detail it for them like trying to convince them.

1 Like

Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by jugreency3: 8:09pm On Oct 13, 2016
azubix:
The korea won is small in exchange rate as you rightly quoted. But the thing is that they mostly pay in millions of their currency. If they pay you 2 million won, it means you are talking about 2k dollars. I have gone to their job page in Craigslist and i saw wonders there. The question is not weather there is work, its whether you can work. They have a flexible time for you to do more than one work a day and make your cool cash. So their currency is not a deter factor here.

1 Like

Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by mryoung16: 9:12pm On Oct 13, 2016
jugreency3:

The korea won is small in exchange rate as you rightly quoted. But the thing is that they mostly pay in millions of their currency. If they pay you 2 million won, it means you are talking about 2k dollars. I have gone to their job page in Craigslist and i saw wonders there. The question is not weather there is work, its whether you can work. They have a flexible time for you to do more than one work a day and make your cool cash. So their currency is not a deter factor here.

Sounds good

(1) (2) (3) ... (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) ... (189) (Reply)

General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries / Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant / Nigerians In Oslo, Norway

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.