Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,693 members, 7,809,618 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:02 PM

Contacting Orgs After Interview- Right Or Wrong - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Contacting Orgs After Interview- Right Or Wrong (1009 Views)

Why Is It Taking So Long For A Recruitment Firm To Hire After Interview? / Reasons People Dont Get Employed After Interview / Nlng Have Started Contacting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Contacting Orgs After Interview- Right Or Wrong by RUBMYMIND(m): 2:01am On Sep 13, 2014
Fellow NLs, it is now tradition that most orgs keep mute after conducting an interview/test, placing candidates on suspense. I attended an interview for a managerial position with a company last July, they created a new department in the coy and wanted to recruit personnel to fill the positions, the available slots was 3 and we were 4 that attended the interview. At the end of my interview, the HR head promised to get back to me (whether +/-) the next day, 3weeks after i waited without hearing from her, i summoned courage and got her contact through the coy website, she then said that they were experiencing some delay but that they will get back to me. Though i am in contact with a guy we met their for same interview and they ve not contacted him either. I am tempted to put another call to her but on a second thought it will expose my desperation towards the job. pls advice.
Re: Contacting Orgs After Interview- Right Or Wrong by DeanOlamide(m): 2:47am On Sep 13, 2014
Is not desperation as u think but a good idea and sign of commitment.................

Contact Her again and again and again there is nothing bad in doing that..........

1 Like

Re: Contacting Orgs After Interview- Right Or Wrong by Gboliwe: 3:16am On Sep 13, 2014
RUBMYMIND: Fellow NLs, it is now tradition that most orgs keep mute after conducting an interview/test, placing candidates on suspense. I attended an interview for a managerial position with a company last July, they created a new department in the coy and wanted to recruit personnel to fill the positions, the available slots was 3 and we were 4 that attended the interview. At the end of my interview, the HR head promised to get back to me (whether +/-) the next day, 3weeks after i waited without hearing from her, i summoned courage and got her contact through the coy website, she then said that they were experiencing some delay but that they will get back to me. Though i am in contact with a guy we met their for same interview and they ve not contacted him either. I am tempted to put another call to her but on a second thought it will expose my desperation towards the job. pls advice.

It indeed will seem like desperation. You have called her the first time and she explained to you. Let her do her job. You are even lucky you are in contact with someone from same interview, that should be comforting. I mean, knowing that he also hasn't been contacted yet.

Keep exploring other options. If this is for you, you will land it, if not, be happy for those who did and like I said, explore other options.
Re: Contacting Orgs After Interview- Right Or Wrong by hapiness44(f): 8:56am On Sep 13, 2014
'We will get back to you' the greatest lie ever said.
@Op,since you have called her,there is no need calling again,just wait,I know it can be frustating,but just be patient.
Re: Contacting Orgs After Interview- Right Or Wrong by uboma(m): 9:24am On Sep 13, 2014
hapiness44: 'We will get back to you' the greatest lie ever said.
@Op,since you have called her,there is no need calling again,just wait,I know it can be frustating,but just be patient.

Some organisations do eventually get back to applicants.

@ op, explore other options like someone advised. If the job is for you, they will get in touch. If not, just move on.
Re: Contacting Orgs After Interview- Right Or Wrong by dhope: 3:31pm On Sep 13, 2014
my guy dt thing is very annoying but someone wont care if opportunity is plenty around us. my advice is dt u keep on contacting ur other pple dt also attended d interview wit u so as to know what is going on. i just suggested this because those hr cud be arrogant in their response at times.
Re: Contacting Orgs After Interview- Right Or Wrong by Nobody: 9:33pm On Sep 13, 2014
If you have their email, send a thank you message. It's way of impressing recruiters & showing that you're keen to work with them. My advice; google application thank you letter to get a better idea on how to write one. Goodluck
Re: Contacting Orgs After Interview- Right Or Wrong by RUBMYMIND(m): 11:55pm On Sep 13, 2014
Thks @all, I do think that whenever an org collects copies of ur credential/passport, it attaches certainty to getting the job, though am not always bothered much whether or not orgs get back to me after test/interview, this one is mainly becos of the good working conditions attached including an official c*r, like I said earlier its a managerial position. Thks once more for all inputs.

(1) (Reply)

Why And How You Should Avoid Lying At A Job Interview / Current Job Openings At Stanbic IBTC / Interview Invite From U Connect

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.