Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,226 members, 7,818,770 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:36 AM

Microsoft To Dump Nokia And Windows Phone Brands - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Microsoft To Dump Nokia And Windows Phone Brands (23309 Views)

Top 5 Most Popular Mobile Phone Brands In Nigeria 2015 / How Tecno Stole The Show From Nokia And Blackberry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Microsoft To Dump Nokia And Windows Phone Brands by myescrow: 12:24pm On Sep 13, 2014
Should have been done a long time ago.
Re: Microsoft To Dump Nokia And Windows Phone Brands by dridowu: 12:24pm On Sep 13, 2014
i love nokia product but there agreement with microsoft is giving headache
Re: Microsoft To Dump Nokia And Windows Phone Brands by Austindark(m): 12:24pm On Sep 13, 2014
no one loves counterproductivity
Re: Microsoft To Dump Nokia And Windows Phone Brands by Nobody: 12:24pm On Sep 13, 2014
Richiy: I warned that Nokia shouldn't sell to Microsoft
lol, who did u warn?

2 Likes

Re: Microsoft To Dump Nokia And Windows Phone Brands by Tolubory(m): 12:25pm On Sep 13, 2014
Alright let wait and see what will happen in the future
Re: Microsoft To Dump Nokia And Windows Phone Brands by datguru: 12:25pm On Sep 13, 2014
I knew it would get to this angry
Re: Microsoft To Dump Nokia And Windows Phone Brands by Skynet247(m): 12:29pm On Sep 13, 2014
Hmmh i smelt that b4 now
Re: Microsoft To Dump Nokia And Windows Phone Brands by Worksunlimited: 12:30pm On Sep 13, 2014
I Nokia and all.. Buh i Prefer their e series symbian smartphones (bad as e bad) to their Lumnia range.. Till they can come up with sumtin better, i remain #Teamnokiasymbian

*Setting up my asun grills*
Re: Microsoft To Dump Nokia And Windows Phone Brands by Godfullsam(m): 12:31pm On Sep 13, 2014
Nokia Rest in Peace.
Re: Microsoft To Dump Nokia And Windows Phone Brands by phillmartgroup(m): 12:31pm On Sep 13, 2014
For your clean & affordable tokunbo cars/ brand new cars from Cotonou with low millage, holla at us today. Thanks and God bless.
Phill-mart Motors
+22997367822
+2347032353808
Phillmart101@yahoo.com
ff us on instagram @phillmartautos

To know more about us, pls visit the link below.
https://www.nairaland.com/647511/buy-cheap-clean-tokunbo-cars
Pls rebroadcast

Re: Microsoft To Dump Nokia And Windows Phone Brands by Sunymoore(m): 12:37pm On Sep 13, 2014
vowiski:

That's not entirely true. Accepting Windows Phone OS as its primary OS was the best option for Nokia at that time, considering the fact that it came with a $1B prize from Microsoft and Android was no where future-proof.

Even Google was disappointed after making the biggest business blunder in their history, acquiring Motorola for $12B to propel Android to the next level. It was Samsung, out of no-where who pushed the Android OS to where it is today. The South Korea Company accounts for nearly 70% of the entire Android market-share.

So, I still think it was purely business on the path of Nokia, a big brand forming alliance with the biggest tech company in the world. No one would have predicted the fall of Nokia by that standard, but again... Business is all about risk. Some you succeed and others you fail. Life moves on.
Bro ever heard about patent war?

5 Likes

Re: Microsoft To Dump Nokia And Windows Phone Brands by rodeo0070(m): 12:43pm On Sep 13, 2014
RedBenson: Bros @op, how abt dat thing wey been dey predict football matches? The thing no dey predict matches in this new season? Between Real Madrid vs Atletico Madrid, who go win d match?
You mean the Cortana app?
Re: Microsoft To Dump Nokia And Windows Phone Brands by lilmax(m): 12:52pm On Sep 13, 2014
Seriously?
Re: Microsoft To Dump Nokia And Windows Phone Brands by Electronzeez(m): 12:52pm On Sep 13, 2014
ignis: When other PHONE operating systems were busy upgrading an improving, Microsoft was just being nonchalant.

Gradually, they are fading out of the PHONE market they venture in cause of thier eyes-insect.

Good for them.

best written this way.
Re: Microsoft To Dump Nokia And Windows Phone Brands by Nobody: 12:53pm On Sep 13, 2014
olukenzo: .

One other thing I think is hindering some of their products out there now is the hardware design. Which serious minded person buys a red, yellow, green phone? And a square-ish one at that. Even Tecno knows better than making toyish looking phones.
d phone colour don't make one look matured
Re: Microsoft To Dump Nokia And Windows Phone Brands by erictoonice: 12:53pm On Sep 13, 2014
vowiski:

Google acquired Motorola for $12b and sold to Lenovo for $2b, isn't that bad business practice? That's what earned the Motorola deal, Google's worse business deal..
google didn't really sell everything to lenovo they only sold hardware portion to them, all softwares and patents still remain with google. I guess that was what they were most interested in

2 Likes

Re: Microsoft To Dump Nokia And Windows Phone Brands by kilokeys(m): 12:55pm On Sep 13, 2014
Africa, naija esp has always played a major role is business successes.

we dont like windows 8 , how then r we gonna get d windows mobile.

Nokia chop our money sha... (altering features in phones, never making a perfect phone)

its Samsungs turn Now..

BUT wait o..!.. i think Nokia is doing well in sales of T series ( torchlight series)

every yuppie guy has one nokia tseries alongside their androids and bbs..

thats something Nokia, make una manage am.. doooh!.. una don chop our money enuff.

samsung and tecno.. ur time is coming.. keep selling high.

1 Like

Re: Microsoft To Dump Nokia And Windows Phone Brands by mcpat(m): 12:57pm On Sep 13, 2014
My question is who says nokia has dropped?
Re: Microsoft To Dump Nokia And Windows Phone Brands by Electronzeez(m): 12:57pm On Sep 13, 2014
Sunymoore:
Bro ever heard about patent war?

was motorola the reason why apple.inc file for an infringement??.
Re: Microsoft To Dump Nokia And Windows Phone Brands by Nobody: 1:00pm On Sep 13, 2014
I never expected dis could happen,cos I like d windows phone,its actually cool,d only thing I c abt d phone was dat, it is seating on d fence somehow sha.

1 Like

Re: Microsoft To Dump Nokia And Windows Phone Brands by morningsta(m): 1:01pm On Sep 13, 2014
olukenzo: Nokia shot themselves in the foot. At that time they were going to bed with MS, another division would have done android, even AOSP. It would have been Nokia's hardware might + Google's innovative OS. The company would still have been thriving today.

One other thing I think is hindering some of their products out there now is the hardware design. Which serious minded person buys a red, yellow, green phone? And a square-ish one at that. Even Tecno knows better than making toyish looking phones.

Regrettably, I bought the phone you described above and to tell the truth, it is the worst phone ever. Practically useless. Had I known, ...
Re: Microsoft To Dump Nokia And Windows Phone Brands by Sunymoore(m): 1:02pm On Sep 13, 2014
Electronzeez:

Nah! Google acquired moto for patent. They sold the company to Leno but retained must of the patents.
Ever wonder why Google hates SD card?
Re: Microsoft To Dump Nokia And Windows Phone Brands by Sunymoore(m): 1:03pm On Sep 13, 2014
Electronzeez:

Re: Microsoft To Dump Nokia And Windows Phone Brands by Hove: 1:03pm On Sep 13, 2014
Life lesson. One cnt be too careful; no one knows it all, table turns, cards flip, anytin cn happen, nuffin lasts 4 eva, na turn by turn.
Re: Microsoft To Dump Nokia And Windows Phone Brands by Nobody: 1:04pm On Sep 13, 2014
SAVEDBABA: d phone colour don't make one look matured

Alright. Attend that next tech meeting with a yellow Nokia and see the number of strange looks you'd get.

Re: Microsoft To Dump Nokia And Windows Phone Brands by Nobody: 1:14pm On Sep 13, 2014
vowiski:

That's not entirely true. Accepting Windows Phone OS as its primary OS was the best option for Nokia at that time, considering the fact that it came with a $1B prize from Microsoft and Android was no where future-proof.

Even Google was disappointed after making the biggest business blunder in their history, acquiring Motorola for $12B to propel Android to the next level. It was Samsung, out of no-where who pushed the Android OS to where it is today. The South Korea Company accounts for nearly 70% of the entire Android market-share.

So, I still think it was purely business on the path of Nokia, a big brand forming alliance with the biggest tech company in the world. No one would have predicted the fall of Nokia by that standard, but again... Business is all about risk. Some you succeed and others you fail. Life moves on.
_

Dude Google bought Motorola for the patents, not for any propulsion whatsoever. They sold the hardware arm to Lenovo and kept the patents.

4 Likes

Re: Microsoft To Dump Nokia And Windows Phone Brands by DNDROID(m): 1:15pm On Sep 13, 2014
mrcassanova:

Google acquired Motorola and sold it to Lenovo, even though the acquisition is yet to be fully completed. Google's Android is free for any platform, only this year microsoft dropped the price it asks OEM to pay. Am not really concerned about Microsoft and Google, I am concerned Nokia took that path and ended up being acquired by Microsoft. Since the Microsoft WP Os has been announced, it has failed to attract the much anticipated hype. Samsung took Android to another level, but that OS is still the one to beat.
am sure this will shock some people but the truth is:
SAMSUNG is developing their own OS called "Tizen"
and once its ready, they plan to drop Android fast!

NOKIA flopped way before and after android!
They kept their price too high compared to other phones and chinko like tecno starte to under-cut thier sales...

And even after the mean Samsung appeared with the lovely android, they kept prices high - forgeting the freedom android presented...
And finally...
Re: Microsoft To Dump Nokia And Windows Phone Brands by DNDROID(m): 1:19pm On Sep 13, 2014
And finally...
They tried to cheat their boss:
the most prolific and ruthless business man in the world - BILL GATES!

by producing a phone with and Android Os (the Nokia X series)

Dump a rich business partner roughly
& this is what you get ...A Hostitle Takeover!
lol...winkcool
Re: Microsoft To Dump Nokia And Windows Phone Brands by segradinho: 1:20pm On Sep 13, 2014
cos they dont want to associate with failure...

Good news for smart phone users, you can now purchase MTN and Etisalat Data Plans for as low as N400 for 250mb, Check out
this thread on Nairaland for full details https://www.nairaland.com/1852534/mtn-etisalat-data-cheapest-rate

Tired of spending so much on data every month on your devices and so little MB to Show for it?
Re: Microsoft To Dump Nokia And Windows Phone Brands by Abdulsalam20(m): 1:23pm On Sep 13, 2014
just passing by...grin
Re: Microsoft To Dump Nokia And Windows Phone Brands by sirjomore(m): 1:24pm On Sep 13, 2014
sadwell... i NO KIA

1 Like

Re: Microsoft To Dump Nokia And Windows Phone Brands by Kreamie(m): 1:29pm On Sep 13, 2014
I think the word 'DUMP' shouldn't be used in this kind of scenario seeing as Nokia didnt come out outrightly to use the word

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How To Make The Receiver Pay For All Your Calls,on Any Network In Nigeria. / Can't Send Sms With My Sim / Infinix Big 6 Specification And Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.