Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,300 members, 7,860,734 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 03:13 PM

"Why Does God Allow Evil?" - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / "Why Does God Allow Evil?" (2041 Views)

Why Did God Allow The Holocaust / Why Does God Allow Satan To Influence Mankind? / Why Does God Allow Evil ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Why Does God Allow Evil?" by Nobody: 10:07pm On Sep 16, 2014
BananaBender:
You were trying to debunk my initial post my posing that God did not create/intend freewill. The bible verses you posted as an evidence for your claim does not prove that.
That's why your post made no sense.

Did he really create freewill if he intended that his creatures obey every one of his commands?

Thats why i said "at the most, he wants freewill and perpetual ignorance
Re: "Why Does God Allow Evil?" by Nobody: 10:20pm On Sep 16, 2014
If he created freewill, why did he get mad when his creatures exercised freewill?
Re: "Why Does God Allow Evil?" by Nobody: 10:42pm On Sep 16, 2014
BananaBender:

KAI! It is so hard to defend the Christian God, I tire.

Take a look at this...I posted it because of this thread. www.nairaland.com/1906437/prophecy-programing

You can't defend the christian God...remember what the story of Gideon captures? So,let God speak for himself and solve all these puzzles.
It would indeed be great...Thanks !!!
Re: "Why Does God Allow Evil?" by Kay17: 10:49pm On Sep 17, 2014
OLAADEGBU:

Rather, where free will exists, responsibilities exist and as a result there are consequences.

So also Evil?
Re: "Why Does God Allow Evil?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:54pm On Sep 17, 2014
Martian:

Who is the source of the devil?

The right question should be, who is the source of evil.
Re: "Why Does God Allow Evil?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:55pm On Sep 17, 2014
Martian:

If god is good, holy and perfect, is it right to say evil created itself?

Evil entered into the heart of Lucifer when he chose to rebel against God his creator.
Re: "Why Does God Allow Evil?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:56pm On Sep 17, 2014
Martian:

Adam and Eve were not our first parents because of Gen 1:26-29, which says

26 Then God said, “Let us make mankind in our image, in our likeness, so that they may rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky, over the livestock and all the wild animals,[a] and over all the creatures that move along the ground.”

27 So God created mankind in his own image,
in the image of God he created them;
male and female he created them.

28 God blessed them and said to them, “Be fruitful and increase in number; fill the earth and subdue it. Rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky and over every living creature that moves on the ground.”

29 Then God said, “I give you every seed-bearing plant on the face of the whole earth and every tree that has fruit with seed in it. They will be yours for food. 30 And to all the beasts of the earth and all the birds in the sky and all the creatures that move along the ground—everything that has the breath of life in it—I give every green plant for food.” And it was so.

What happened to the people?

What people?
Re: "Why Does God Allow Evil?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:56pm On Sep 17, 2014
MrPresident1:

Reincarnation is the perfect explanation of/for evil.

How?
Re: "Why Does God Allow Evil?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:58pm On Sep 17, 2014
TheIndustrialist:

Stories that never seem to make any sense.
God wanted all what is in EXISTENCE existing today all to his GLORY.
If you should counter that, why would
GOD after creating everything he saw as good then planted a tree that would cause one to be wisely evil ?

Please read my previous comment again...
God allows evil because he
created it.
I wonder why God would do such
a thing...why create evil while
there was none ?
God himself created the end from
the beginning ALL FOR HIS
GLORY.
I really don't like that because
God has programmed
EXISTENCE already...many were
brought into existence for
destruction.
Sorry if your name isn't written in
the Lamb's book of life since/
from the foundation of the
world...because you are doomed
already. That is the way of our
Almighty Father.

Thanks

Your theology is wrong.
Re: "Why Does God Allow Evil?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:05am On Sep 18, 2014
TheIndustrialist:

Isaiah 45:7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, : I the LORD do all these things.

and create evil

You have to read my previous comments again.
Yahweh, made all these THINGS so to/for his own glory.
He programmed EXISTENCE. Everything you see is God's program.

This little boy in the videoclip answers your question and proves you wrong.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzIzct31fEA
Re: "Why Does God Allow Evil?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:08am On Sep 18, 2014
mazaje:

What has the nonsense you wrote god to do with the passage that says god committed evil and apologized for it?. . .

It will do you a whole lot of good to watch the videoclip posted above.
Re: "Why Does God Allow Evil?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:10am On Sep 18, 2014
Kay17:

So also Evil?

Evil has it's consequence, the absence of God.
Re: "Why Does God Allow Evil?" by Kay17: 6:50am On Sep 18, 2014
OLAADEGBU:

Evil has it's consequence, the absence of God.

Since God is the creator and capable of Evil, the above statement is therefore inconsistent.
Re: "Why Does God Allow Evil?" by Nobody: 7:01am On Sep 18, 2014
OLAADEGBU:

This little boy in the videoclip answers your question and proves you wrong.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzIzct31fEA

Sorry,I can't watch that video.

And by the say,simply type what the boy has said. Lets see how he has proven me wrong.
Re: "Why Does God Allow Evil?" by Nobody: 7:30am On Sep 18, 2014
OLAADEGBU:

Your theology is wrong.

And your theology is right ,? Read again and answer the question that I asked Mr Right theology !

why
would
GOD after creating everything he
saw as good then planted a tree
that would cause one to be
wisely evil ?

God wanted man to fall ,all to his glory. Thanks
Re: "Why Does God Allow Evil?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:39am On Sep 18, 2014
Kay17:

Since God is the creator and capable of Evil, the above statement is therefore inconsistent.

That is the fallacy of equivocation. God is perfect. He is the source of everything that is good, holy and just. It is true that God created Lucifer. It is not true that God created evil. Lucifer chose to turn away from God and became evil. Evil came into Lucifer's heart when he chose evil over good and stopped glorifying his Creator which is what you atheists are doing today.
Re: "Why Does God Allow Evil?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:52am On Sep 18, 2014
TheIndustrialist:

Sorry,I can't watch that video.

And by the say,simply type what the boy has said. Lets see how he has proven me wrong.

Let me give it a go:

The setting was in a classroom between a boy who could not be more than 10 and a professor who was set on proving to the class that God created evil.

Professor: I'll prove to you. If God exists, then he is evil. Did God create everything that exists...?

Boy: (Raises up his hand in objection to the professor)

Boy: Excuse me, professor! (and then asks his question)

Boy: Does cold exist...?

Professor: What kind of question is this? Of course cold exists. Have you never been cold...?

Boy: In fact sir, cold does not exist. According to the laws of physics, what we consider cold is in reality the absence of heat. Professor, does darkness exist...?

Professor: (Beginning to feel uneasy now responds by saying) Of course it exists.

Boy: You are wrong sir, Darkness does not exist either. Darkness is in reality the absence of light. Light we can study, but not darkness. Evil does not exist. It is just like darkness and cold. God did not create evil. Evil is the result of what happens when man does not have God's love present in his heart. (and then the boy sits down).
Re: "Why Does God Allow Evil?" by Nobody: 10:28am On Sep 18, 2014
OLAADEGBU:

Let me give it a go:

The setting was in a classroom between a boy who could not be more than 10 and a professor who was set on proving to the class that God created evil.

Professor: I'll prove to you. If God exists, then he is evil. Did God create everything that exists...?

Boy: (Raises up his hand in objection to the professor)

Boy: Excuse me, professor! (and then asks his question)

Boy: Does cold exist...?

Professor: What kind of question is this? Of course cold exists. Have you never been cold...?

Boy: In fact sir, cold does not exist. According to the laws of physics, what we consider cold is in reality the absence of heat. Professor, does darkness exist...?

Professor: (Beginning to feel uneasy now responds by saying) Of course it exists.

Boy: You are wrong sir, Darkness does not exist either. Darkness is in reality the absence of light. Light we can study, but not darkness. Evil does not exist. It is just like darkness and cold. God did not create evil. Evil is the result of what happens when man does not have God's love present in his heart. (and then the boy sits down).

That is about Albert Einstein.

1. The question is ,if cold doesn't exist ,where does it then come from in the absence if heat ?

2. If in the absence of one,another is present and in the presence of one the other is absent ,does that mean one of them doesn't exist ?

3. You believe the little boy and also believe the bible,why ? Isn't that hypocrisy ?
Genesis 1:1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.
1:2 And the earth was without form, and void; and DARKNESS was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.
1:3 And God said, LET THERE BE LIGHT: and there was light.

See ? There was darkness before light. There existed darkness before light. It is just that one can't comprehend the other.

4. Ge 2:9 And out of the ground made the LORD God to grow every tree that is pleasant to the sight, and good for food; the tree of life also in the midst of the garden, and the tree of knowledge of good and evil.

Was it the devil that planted the tree of knowledge of Good and EVIL in that garden ? And wait...it is of knowledge … and that means without eating that fruit you will know nothing as good or EVIL which makes it clear that evil exists and God made it.

>>>>>> GOD did this things for his glory.
Re: "Why Does God Allow Evil?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:41am On Sep 18, 2014
TheIndustrialist:

That is about Albert Einstein.

1. The question is ,if cold doesn't exist ,where does it then come from in the absence if heat ?

2. If in the absence of one,another is present and in the presence of one the other is absent ,does that mean one of them doesn't exist ?

3. You believe the little boy and also believe the bible,why ? Isn't that hypocrisy ?
Genesis 1:1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.
1:2 And the earth was without form, and void; and DARKNESS was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.
1:3 And God said, LET THERE BE LIGHT: and there was light.

See ? There was darkness before light. There existed darkness before light. It is just that one can't comprehend the other.

4. Ge 2:9 And out of the ground made the LORD God to grow every tree that is pleasant to the sight, and good for food; the tree of life also in the midst of the garden, and the tree of knowledge of good and evil.

Was it the devil that planted the tree of knowledge of Good and EVIL in that garden ? And wait...it is of knowledge … and that means without eating that fruit you will know nothing as good or EVIL which makes it clear that evil exists and God made it.

>>>>>> GOD did this things for his glory.

Can you study darkness? There was nothing special in the tree of knowledge of good and evil, it just meant disobeying God will lead to the absence of God's love and goodness in our lives.
Re: "Why Does God Allow Evil?" by Nobody: 10:44am On Sep 18, 2014
OLAADEGBU:

That is the fallacy of equivocation. God is perfect. He is the source of everything that is good, holy and just. It is true that God created Lucifer. It is not true that God created evil. Lucifer chose to turn away from God and became evil. Evil came into Lucifer's heart when he chose evil over good and stopped glorifying his Creator which is what you atheists are doing today.

Sorry to interrupt... but sire,don't you have Isaiah 45:7 in your bible ?
1. How could Lucifer-which isn't Satan's name but is said to be Satan- become EVIL when evil doesn't exist ?
2. The fact is that ,if there was nothing like Evil then Lucifer would not have chosen it.
3. GOD gave free-will right ? What is this free will about ? Isn't it about good and evil ? If there would have been nothing like good and evil ,there would have been no freewill .
4. Why would God punish someone for exercising this freewill ? Is that freewill still ?
5. GOD created evil and planted it in the garden so that man would know it and in the process if time give glory to him for planting evil in the garden.
Re: "Why Does God Allow Evil?" by Nobody: 10:44am On Sep 18, 2014
OLAADEGBU:

Re: "Why Does God Allow Evil?" by Nobody: 10:58am On Sep 18, 2014
OLAADEGBU:

Can you study darkness? There was nothing special in the tree of knowledge of good and evil, it just meant disobeying God will lead to absence of God's love and goodness in our lives.

GOD studied it. I can study it.

1. When there is darkness,there is no light.
2. In darkness...I mean darkness,you won't see anything.
3. In darkness light is absent.
4. In darkness there's silence.
5. If there was/is nothing like darkness ,there would have been nothing like LIGHT and LIGHT won't shine.
6. Light is a wave, but darkness is the universe itself.

>>>>>>
Do you need more studies ? By the way ,answer my questions.
Ehmmm...now there is nothing special about the tree of knowledge of good and evil right ? You just wanna run...keep running.
Re: "Why Does God Allow Evil?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:59am On Sep 18, 2014
"If God is a God of love, why hasn't He dealt with evil"?

"For the eyes of the Lord are over the righteous, and his ears are open to their prayers: but the face of the Lord is against them that do evil" (1 Peter 3:12 The Evidence Bible)

In Dr. Robert Morey’s book The New Atheism and the Erosion of Freedom, he talks with an atheist about this issue. The atheist assumes that everything is relative, and there are no absolutes (he is absolutely sure of that). Morey replies that the first thing an atheist must do is prove the existence of evil. By what process can an atheist identify evil? He must have a universal absolute to do so. Without an absolute reference point for "good" (which only God can provide), no one can identify what is good or evil. Thus without the existence of God, there is no "evil" or "good" in an absolute sense. Everything is relative. The problem of evil does not negate the existence of God. It actually requires it.

Many assume that because evil still exists today, God has not dealt with it. How can atheists assume that God has not already solved the problem of evil in such a way that neither His goodness nor omnipotence is limited? On what grounds do they limit what God can and cannot do to solve the problem? God has already solved the problem of evil. And He did it in a way in which He did not contradict His nature or the nature of man. We assume God will solve the problem of evil in one single act. But why can’t He deal with evil in a progressive way? Can’t He deal with it throughout time as we know it, and then bring it to the climax on the Day of Judgment?

God sent His Son to die on the cross in order to solve the problem of evil. Christ atoned for evil and secured the eventual removal of all evil from the earth. One day evil will be quarantined in one spot called "hell." Then there will be a perfect world devoid of all evil. If God declared that all evil would, at this moment, cease to exist, you and I and all of humanity would go up in a puff of smoke. Divine judgment demands that sin be punished.

Source
Re: "Why Does God Allow Evil?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:07am On Sep 18, 2014
TheIndustrialist:

GOD studied it. I can study it.

1. When there is darkness,there is no light.
2. In darkness...I mean darkness,you won't see anything.
3. In darkness light is absent.
4. In darkness there's silence.
5. If there was/is nothing like darkness ,there would have been nothing like LIGHT and LIGHT won't shine.
6. Light is a wave, but darkness is the universe itself.

>>>>>>
Do you need more studies ? By the way ,answer my questions.
Ehmmm...now there is nothing special about the tree of knowledge of good and evil right ? You just wanna run...keep running.

There goes your answer. In the absence of light there is darkness. QED. wink
Re: "Why Does God Allow Evil?" by Nobody: 11:47am On Sep 18, 2014
OLAADEGBU:

There goes your answer. In the absence of light there is darkness. QED. wink

Is that the only thing you saw ? OMG
My questions are left un-answered.

By the way,who is an atheist here ? Are you the one ?
Do justice to my questions please. Thanks
Re: "Why Does God Allow Evil?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:04pm On Sep 18, 2014
TheIndustrialist:

Is that the only thing you saw ? OMG
My questions are left un-answered.

By the way,who is an atheist here ? Are you the one ?
Do justice to my questions please. Thanks

No one is saying that there is nothing like darkness, except for atheists. What I am saying is that darkness is the absence of light.
Re: "Why Does God Allow Evil?" by Nobody: 3:36pm On Sep 18, 2014
OLAADEGBU:
The right question should be, who is the source of evil.

Get off the merry-go-round. You already said that the source of evil is the devil. So who is the source of the devil? Who created the devil?
Re: "Why Does God Allow Evil?" by Nobody: 3:40pm On Sep 18, 2014
OLAADEGBU:
What people?

The people refered to in these verses who were created on day 6. Male & Female.

"26 Then God said, “Let us make mankind in our image, in our likeness, so that they may rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky, over the livestock and all the wild animals,[a] and over all the creatures that move along the ground.”
28 God blessed them and said to them, “Be fruitful and increase in number; fill the earth and subdue it. Rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky and over every living creature that moves on the ground.”
"

According to chapter 2, your god didn't create eve until the following week after he rested on the 7th day,but Chapter 1 shows that he created the female on the 6th day.
Re: "Why Does God Allow Evil?" by Nobody: 3:44pm On Sep 18, 2014
OLAADEGBU:
Can you study darkness? There was nothing special in the tree of knowledge of good and evil, it just meant disobeying God will lead to the absence of God's love and goodness in our lives.

There must have been some special juice in the fruit of knowledge because the naked simpletons decided that they didn't want to run around naked right after eating the fruit. Magical juice.
Re: "Why Does God Allow Evil?" by MrPresident1: 6:19pm On Sep 18, 2014
OLAADEGBU:

How?

MrPresident1: Reincarnation is the perfect explanation of/for evil. God is just and will do no wrong, HE recompenses justly.

Job 8:8-9
8 For enquire, I pray thee, of the former age, and prepare thyself to the search of their fathers:
9 (For we are but of yesterday, and know nothing, because our days upon earth are a shadow:
Re: "Why Does God Allow Evil?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:59pm On Sep 18, 2014
Martian:

Get off the merry-go-round. You already said that the source of evil is the devil. So who is the source of the devil? Who created the devil?

God did not create the devil He created Lucifer who then chose evil over good and therefore became the devil. When you choose evil over good you become the evil that God has not made you to be.
Re: "Why Does God Allow Evil?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:42am On Sep 19, 2014
Martian:

The people refered to in these verses who were created on day 6. Male & Female.

"26 Then God said, “Let us make mankind in our image, in our likeness, so that they may rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky, over the livestock and all the wild animals,[a] and over all the creatures that move along the ground.”
"

According to chapter 2, your god didn't create eve until the following week after he rested on the 7th day,but Chapter 1 shows that he created the female on the 6th day.

There is no difference between Genesis 1:26 and Genesis 2:7 except in your mind. Genesis 2:7 only gives flesh to what is stated in Genesis 1:26 but the god of this age would not allow you to see that.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Can We Know Which Parts Of The Bible Apply To Us Today? / Jesus, God,/ Allah Explained. See Where We Differ / The Vatican Removed 14 Books From The Bible In 1684 With No Real Explanation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.