Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,300 members, 7,815,538 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:10 PM

2016: Hillary Clinton To Decide On Presidential Bid Early Next Year - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / 2016: Hillary Clinton To Decide On Presidential Bid Early Next Year (8044 Views)

Hillary Clinton To Launch Presidential Bid In April / Hillary Clinton Given £80 Parking Fine In London / Hillary Clinton Caught Dancing & Drinking At Cuban Bar In Colombia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

2016: Hillary Clinton To Decide On Presidential Bid Early Next Year by Nobody: 12:37am On Sep 14, 2014
Hillary Rodham Clinton has said she won't make a decision about a 2016 presidential bid before the end of the year, and on Friday, she stuck to that timeline, saying she'll decide whether to run around the beginning of next year.

The former U.S. secretary of state, senator and first lady said her background gives her a "unique vantage point" to bring to the White House should she run in 2016.

"I do have a unique vantage point and set of experiences about what makes the United States operate well and what doesn't and what a president can do and should be doing," she said. "So I am going to be making a decision around, probably after the first of the year, about whether I'm going to run again or not."

Clinton first ran for president in 2008, but she was defeated in the Democratic primary by then-Sen. Barack Obama, D-Ill.

She was asked about her intentions for the next presidential cycle Friday at an event in Mexico City honoring thousands of scholarship students supported by the Telmex Foundation, one of several charitable organizations under the umbrella of Mexican billionaire Carlos Slim.

Clinton would only speak "hypothetically" about a possible presidential bid. She added she would have to have a clear vision of what she wants to achieve, and as well as how she would lead politically to realize that vision.

"I think the most important question anybody should ask who's thinking about it is not whether you're going to run or whether you're going to win -- it is what's your vision for the country and can you lead us there?" she explained. "And I will have to be convinced that I have a very clear vision with an agenda of what I think needs to be done, and that I have the experience and know-how to lead -- not just those who agree with me, but those who disagree with me, to try to achieve those goals. It's a very serious undertaking, so obviously I'm thinking about it, but I have not made a decision yet."

Polls have shown Clinton all but running away with the Democratic nomination and performing strongly against most of her GOP challengers, though her lead in general election polls has recently diminished, according to some surveys.
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/hillary-clinton-ill-decide-on-2016-presidential-bid-early-next-year/

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2016: Hillary Clinton To Decide On Presidential Bid Early Next Year by Caseless: 1:22am On Sep 14, 2014
Who needs that hag in d first place?
Sms!

2 Likes

Re: 2016: Hillary Clinton To Decide On Presidential Bid Early Next Year by Nobody: 1:41am On Sep 14, 2014
Caseless: Who needs that hag in d first place?
Sms!
Her average lead in the Democratic primary polls within the last 2yrs is over 40%. She is at 64%.

In the last two polls, she scored 67%!! I think it may be a coronation in 2016.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2016: Hillary Clinton To Decide On Presidential Bid Early Next Year by pabon(m): 4:50am On Sep 14, 2014
Fair enough!
Re: 2016: Hillary Clinton To Decide On Presidential Bid Early Next Year by eleojo23: 4:50am On Sep 14, 2014
Power always rotates within a particular group and that's why it is hard for just anybody to become a governor/president unless on endorsement from the higher ups. The people don't really get to choose their leaders most times, rather they are made to vote for whoever the political class chooses. Those in the corridors of power always want to remain there.

7 Likes

Re: 2016: Hillary Clinton To Decide On Presidential Bid Early Next Year by uzomore(m): 4:51am On Sep 14, 2014
Ok we don hear
Re: 2016: Hillary Clinton To Decide On Presidential Bid Early Next Year by Blaqsmith(m): 4:52am On Sep 14, 2014
Hillary Clinton.

Good luck!
Re: 2016: Hillary Clinton To Decide On Presidential Bid Early Next Year by MrRhymes101(m): 4:54am On Sep 14, 2014
GO REST JOR!!! DO POLITICIANS EVER GET TIRED OF POWER??
Re: 2016: Hillary Clinton To Decide On Presidential Bid Early Next Year by Blaqsmith(m): 4:56am On Sep 14, 2014
uzomore: Ok we don hear

^^see what NL BB app has caused undecided
Re: 2016: Hillary Clinton To Decide On Presidential Bid Early Next Year by Elmickzy(m): 4:58am On Sep 14, 2014
Abeg Who Geh Ayeloyun(nokia) Charger Here!
Re: 2016: Hillary Clinton To Decide On Presidential Bid Early Next Year by ignis: 5:00am On Sep 14, 2014
Good for her. ..

1 Like

Re: 2016: Hillary Clinton To Decide On Presidential Bid Early Next Year by Bankscody233(m): 5:00am On Sep 14, 2014
still observing, anyway
Re: 2016: Hillary Clinton To Decide On Presidential Bid Early Next Year by rattlesnake(m): 5:00am On Sep 14, 2014
I hope its a good idea
America enemies are on the increase
Re: 2016: Hillary Clinton To Decide On Presidential Bid Early Next Year by tron23(m): 5:04am On Sep 14, 2014
Without mixing words, I do believe that she is qualified for the job.
1) She is intelligent.
2) Experienced,
a) wife of former President (8years)
b) Senator (8 years)
c) Secretary of State (4 years)

Besides, she is politically sound, and I do believe its her time, especially as we have had our first black President.

7 Likes

Re: 2016: Hillary Clinton To Decide On Presidential Bid Early Next Year by Nobody: 5:06am On Sep 14, 2014
A woman aiming at becoming world president

IT IS WELL... grin
Re: 2016: Hillary Clinton To Decide On Presidential Bid Early Next Year by Nobody: 5:08am On Sep 14, 2014
tron23: Without mixing words, I do believe that she is qualified for the job.
1) She is intelligent.
2) Experienced,
a) wife of former President (8years)
b) Senator (8 years)
c) Secretary of State (4 years)

Besides, she is politically sound, and I do believe its her time, especially as we have had our first black President.

But the Benghazi issue would surely be used by the Republicans against her.
Anyway, in the latest FOX news poll, she scores 64%, Biden comes 2nd with...15% grin grin

2 Likes

Re: 2016: Hillary Clinton To Decide On Presidential Bid Early Next Year by uzomore(m): 5:10am On Sep 14, 2014
Blaqsmith:

^^see what NL BB app has caused undecided
Go download ur to follow for digital world,thank u seun.
Re: 2016: Hillary Clinton To Decide On Presidential Bid Early Next Year by SafetyFirst(m): 5:12am On Sep 14, 2014
OK
Re: 2016: Hillary Clinton To Decide On Presidential Bid Early Next Year by dotna(m): 5:13am On Sep 14, 2014
Good she didn't divorce
Re: 2016: Hillary Clinton To Decide On Presidential Bid Early Next Year by Nobody: 5:15am On Sep 14, 2014
2016 Democratic primary opinion polls
CNN poll from July 18-20:
Clinton 67%, Biden 8%, Sen Elizabeth Warren 10%

Quinnipiac poll from June 24-30:
Clinton 58%, Biden 9%, Warren 11%.

3 Likes

Re: 2016: Hillary Clinton To Decide On Presidential Bid Early Next Year by GentleMimi: 5:15am On Sep 14, 2014
All I can say is 'wow'. If Obama cld do it,I believe Hillary can too. I wish her the best of luck. looking forward to seeing a female in the white house soon. cheesy

1 Like

Re: 2016: Hillary Clinton To Decide On Presidential Bid Early Next Year by point5: 5:22am On Sep 14, 2014
OK.. ur dreams may lead u dia...but i think u hv hrd enuf in dat whit hous or must u die in power(politicians)..kn it dat it will b dfcult for the would to hv a female president...ijustsaidmymind
Re: 2016: Hillary Clinton To Decide On Presidential Bid Early Next Year by datguru: 5:24am On Sep 14, 2014
So ? undecided should I start dancing?
Re: 2016: Hillary Clinton To Decide On Presidential Bid Early Next Year by Nobody: 5:30am On Sep 14, 2014
Ready for Hillary, the super PAC laying the groundwork for Hillary Rodham Clinton's potential 2016 presidential campaign, has called a meeting of its top national donors to discuss its strategy following the November midterm elections.

The super PAC has invited members of its National Finance Council to a daylong summit in New York City on Nov. 21 to a discussion of the group's next steps as it prepares for Clinton's likely entry into the presidential race.

Clinton, a former secretary of state who would be the overwhelming favorite for the Democratic nomination, has said she will make her decision about the 2016 race early next year. Meanwhile, Ready for Hillary has been building a grassroots infrastructure on her behalf and has signed up more than 2.5 million supporters.

Craig Smith, a senior adviser to Ready for Hillary and a longtime political adviser to former President Bill Clinton, invited top donors to the summit in an e-mail sent Monday night and obtained by The Washington Post.

"This meeting will be the premier opportunity to hear from those individuals who will be shaping the next few years in our Nation’s politics and a chance for Finance Council Members to come together and meet one another while we wait to hear what Hillary will decide," Smith wrote.

At least 222 donors have signed up as co-chairs of Ready for Hillary's National Finance Council — a commitment that requires donating or raising $25,000 each, according to a membership list obtained by The Post this summer. More than 600 other donors are considered members of the finance council, required to give or raise $5,000 each.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/post-politics/wp/2014/09/08/ready-for-hillary-plans-november-strategy-meeting-with-top-national-donors/

1 Like

Re: 2016: Hillary Clinton To Decide On Presidential Bid Early Next Year by gift01: 5:30am On Sep 14, 2014
Wish her all the best. After a black man has done it, a woman can do it but America needs a tough president this time.
Re: 2016: Hillary Clinton To Decide On Presidential Bid Early Next Year by BekeeBuAgbara: 5:39am On Sep 14, 2014
She might win the democratic primary. But the main election? I doubt, I foresee Chris Christie occupying the white house in 2017 despite George Washington bridge lane closure scandal

1 Like

Re: 2016: Hillary Clinton To Decide On Presidential Bid Early Next Year by Nobody: 5:56am On Sep 14, 2014
So how is that our business?
Re: 2016: Hillary Clinton To Decide On Presidential Bid Early Next Year by Nobody: 6:04am On Sep 14, 2014
The temptation to make history by being the first female president will be too strong for her to resist. She will definitely run

2 Likes

Re: 2016: Hillary Clinton To Decide On Presidential Bid Early Next Year by dhsfbi(m): 6:05am On Sep 14, 2014
She is going to lead the world comes 2016. Hillary!!! Hillary!!!

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I Can Relate To Black People, My Ancestors Once Owned Slaves – Mitt Romney / Osama Bin Laden Is Not Dead / Berlusconi To Pay Ex-wife $48M A Year Divorce Settlement!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.