Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,685 members, 7,813,276 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:02 AM

Why Buhari Cannot Rule Us Again -wole Soyinka - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Buhari Cannot Rule Us Again -wole Soyinka (5407 Views)

Is This The Man That Will Rule Us For The Next 4yrs (picture) / ''A Dwarf Cannot Rule Akure” – Youths Protest Against Deji-elect / Why Soludo Cannot Rule Anambra State Now ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Buhari Cannot Rule Us Again -wole Soyinka by Orunto: 3:25pm On Sep 14, 2014
Chief Zebrudaya, DO YOU SEE WHAT I SAW?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Buhari Cannot Rule Us Again -wole Soyinka by Billygee2u: 3:51pm On Sep 14, 2014
barcanista: Mr. Soyinka thank you for your opinion.
1. Tai Solarin was corrupt
2. The Drug Traffickers really traffiked drugs. It would have been different IF they were innocent. I understand you don't support death penalty but Sir, the only issue I have with that action was that the tribunal should have convicted and jailed them using other existing laws
3. Alex Ekwueme was jailed of corruption. Stockpiles of money ranged from $56,000 found at his home. He even owned up to the offence.

p
4. No case was established against shagari, he was POOR and retired to his village even after his release while Ekweme established his business.

5. Buhari isn't a tribal bigot, he jailed Senator
Sabo Bakin Zuwo, The Civilian Governor of Kano State, a fellow fulani muslim for 300years for corruption.
6. The freedom of Speech was his low, but do we

have freedom of speech today despite the FOI?
7. You Wole is a respectable man. I like your activism but Sir, please get some of your fact right.

#barcanista

do not be a blind follower

can you prove the allegations against
Ekwueme?

7 Likes

Re: Why Buhari Cannot Rule Us Again -wole Soyinka by Splashme: 4:21pm On Sep 14, 2014
Seriously, is Buhari the only candidate APC can produce?

1 Like

Re: Why Buhari Cannot Rule Us Again -wole Soyinka by iamodenigbo1(m): 4:27pm On Sep 14, 2014
HereToReadCommentsOnly
Re: Why Buhari Cannot Rule Us Again -wole Soyinka by Nobody: 4:52pm On Sep 14, 2014
Billygee2u:

do not be a blind follower

can you prove the allegations against
Ekwueme?
You are the blind follower Mr Man. Even Ekweme did not deny.

Nonsense
Re: Why Buhari Cannot Rule Us Again -wole Soyinka by Curiouscity(m): 5:18pm On Sep 14, 2014
barcanista: Mr. Soyinka thank you for your opinion.
1. Tai Solarin was corrupt
2. The Drug Traffickers really traffiked drugs. It would have been different IF they were innocent. I understand you don't support death penalty but Sir, the only issue I have with that action was that the tribunal should have convicted and jailed them using other existing laws
3. Alex Ekwueme was jailed of corruption. Stockpiles of money ranged from $56,000 found at his home. He even owned up to the offence.
4. No case was established against shagari, he was POOR and retired to his village even after his release while Ekweme established his business.
5. Buhari isn't a tribal bigot, he jailed Senator Sabo Bakin Zuwo, The Civilian Governor of Kano State, a fellow fulani muslim for 300years for corruption.
6. The freedom of Speech was his low, but do we have freedom of speech today despite the FOI?
7. You Wole is a respectable man. I like your activism but Sir, please get some of your fact right.

#barcanista

Guy, are you OK?

(a) Someone toppled democracy, and till now he has not apologize to the country. Now he wants to lead in democracy?
I don't have problem with Buhari, but if we must get it right, we must respect our institutions and rules.

(b) So U approve of a country without human right? What were the corruption charges against Tai Solarin? Was he tried in a law court headed by competent judge? In a civilized country, convicted criminals are not denied access to their medications. So, being suspected of a crime qualifies you for death by a cruel means?

(c) How corrupt was Ekwueme? What were the charges against him? So, finding some $$ in his house automatically convicted him of corruption? I can imagine the nature of juggle justice you want Buhari or any politician to serve Nigerians with. Also, someone being poor makes him innocent and being rich makes one a criminal? In what universe do you live in?

Buhari should mentor a good candidate and forget it. He may have been a good and discipline soldier, but that doesn't qualify him for the presidency. I want to vote for Buhari's trainee!!

12 Likes

Re: Why Buhari Cannot Rule Us Again -wole Soyinka by Nobody: 5:22pm On Sep 14, 2014
iheanyi40: GEJ till 2019

And Beyond..... smiley.

6 Likes

Re: Why Buhari Cannot Rule Us Again -wole Soyinka by asadike(f): 5:23pm On Sep 14, 2014
wole soyinka wil surely live up to 120yrs.

2 Likes

Re: Why Buhari Cannot Rule Us Again -wole Soyinka by Jesusloveyou: 5:27pm On Sep 14, 2014
In all sincerity,he is stil better than ogogoro master.don't bother about his age.sincere old man is better than corrupt young man.i just want he to clean the system from corruption,then after handover to compete young man.or did soyinka want somebody like gej to be his president again.think wise
Re: Why Buhari Cannot Rule Us Again -wole Soyinka by Nobody: 5:36pm On Sep 14, 2014
Curiouscity:

Guy, are you OK?

(a) Someone toppled democracy, and till now he has not apologize to the country. Now he wants to lead in democracy?
I don't have problem with Buhari, but if we must get it right, we must respect our institutions and rules.

(b) So U approve of a country without human right? What were the corruption charges against Tai Solarin? Was he tried in a law court headed by competent judge? In a civilized country, convicted criminals are not denied access to their medications. So, being suspected of a crime qualifies you for death by a cruel means?

(c) How corrupt was Ekwueme? What were the charges against him? So, finding some $$ in his house automatically convicted him of corruption? I can imagine the nature of juggle justice you want Buhari or any politician to serve Nigerians with. Also, someone being poor makes him innocent and being rich makes one a criminal? In what universe do you live in?

Buhari should mentor a good candidate and forget it. He may have been a good and discipline soldier, but that doesn't qualify him for the presidency. I want to vote for Buhari's trainee!!
oh STFU and instead ask your elders about the Government of Shagari and corruption. Ekweme was Corrupt and he admitted to it. You don't have a case against GMB.

Anyway, you Jonathanians celebrated Odua and other thieves. I'm not surprised
Re: Why Buhari Cannot Rule Us Again -wole Soyinka by Ryabcool(m): 6:00pm On Sep 14, 2014
pat077: i'm surprise GMB still want to b president afta an hattrick of defeat. Only a fool does d same thing d same way and expect a different result.
Tell that to Abraham Lincoln. its called Perseverance my friend. smiley

Not a fan of Buhari though. I really wish Fashola would contest.
Re: Why Buhari Cannot Rule Us Again -wole Soyinka by Curiouscity(m): 6:11pm On Sep 14, 2014
barcanista: oh STFU and instead ask your elders about the Government of Shagari and corruption. Ekweme was Corrupt and he admitted to it. You don't have a case against GMB.

So sad, I actually thought I was discussing with a human person. But your response above shows what you are. I give up!!!

9 Likes

Re: Why Buhari Cannot Rule Us Again -wole Soyinka by slimghost(m): 6:56pm On Sep 14, 2014
barcanista: oh STFU and instead ask your elders about the Government of Shagari and corruption. Ekweme was Corrupt and he admitted to it. You don't have a case against GMB.

Your stupidity is beginning to reach a new height on NL son.
Which court of law proved Solarin and Ekwueme guilty?. Even if Solarin was guilty,why deny him of his medication.
He toppled a democratic government on account of many allegations including corruption but while his kinsman was placed on house arrest,Ekwueme was sent off to kirikiri.
Buhari was so a dictator,an anti-democatic element,a religious fanatic and born tribalist.
Everybody knows that.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Buhari Cannot Rule Us Again -wole Soyinka by cjrane: 7:04pm On Sep 14, 2014
[size=18pt]ALL THESE LIES AND CALUMNY AGAINST BUHARI BY CORRUPT IMMORAL MEN LIKE RABIT KWANKWASO AND CO.

SHALL FAIL

INSHA ALLAH!
[/size]
Re: Why Buhari Cannot Rule Us Again -wole Soyinka by Mogidi: 7:46pm On Sep 14, 2014
[size=15pt]Barcanista on 13th of August[/size]

1. Buhari Truncated A Democratic Process and Never Put Machinery In Place To Handover To Democratic Government.

2. Buhari does NOT support Press Freedom. He Instituted DECREE 4 that bar journalists from "unfavorable" reporting. He even went as far as Jailing Journalists.

3. Buhari Stand on corruption is hypocritical. The Same Buhari that Jailed Politicians for corruption is the same Buhari that publicly said "ABACHA did NOT steal" " That Abacha was supposed to be celebrated". Buhari, in 2007, described the allegations of looting against Abacha as “baseless”, because according to him, “ten years after Abacha, those allegations remain unproven because of lack of facts”. . The same Buhari that accused the ruling Party of Institutionalizing corruption.

4. Buhari is Not a democrat. He doesn't believe in democratic process nor primaries. Buhari would rather have people step down for him in the Primaries (cite 2007 when all aspirants including Sani Yerima and co were asked to step down on the day of Convention). It led to the exit of Atahiru Bafarawa where he formed the DPP and contested on its platform. Gen. Buhari quitted ANPP and formed the CPC in 2010/11. The reason was because he doesn't want to go through Primaries with a "Small Boy"(Referring to then Kano State Gov Ibrahim Shekarau that ended up flying the flag). I am certainly sure that Buhari will want to be adopted as "consensus" of APC which will SPLIT the party.

5. Buhari is OLD. Nigeria need change in Leadership. 65yrs plus should have no business in 2015 Presidential Poll. there should be paradigm shift. A 70plus years Buhari will seldom sell to the Youths.

6. General Buhari was a Military Leader in early 80s(when I wasn't even born). Times has changed. Leadership dynamics of Yesteryears is different from now. The APC should replicate what is done in Lagos State. Allow the younger generation fly ticket. A man like Buhari will most likely ban facebook and twitter because his antecedents is in conflict with criticism.

7. Buhari's WAI saw Nigerian Adults being whipped to submission. Maybe it was due to his military background but I for one can't sacrifice my freedom of choice for anything. It is of great concern that he hasn't find cause to apologise for that act. His aides even justified it.

8. The opinion is an honest one of a Nigerian Citizen. I expect APC to be different in approach from the norm to reflect the "CHANGE" that it preaches.

Fast forward to September (with money changing hands) and you get the idea.

8 Likes

Re: Why Buhari Cannot Rule Us Again -wole Soyinka by Nobody: 7:54pm On Sep 14, 2014
Mogidi: [size=15pt]Barcanista on 13th of August[/size]

Here comes the troll!!!! I am surprised you skipped this!!!
1. From what I found out Buhari didn't participate in the coup. It shaped my opinion. IBB, Abacha, Gusau, David Mark, Onoja were the players.

2.My Opinion and disgust for Decrees 2 and 4 remains the same.

3.Buhari said the monies was found in the account of his family members and not him. Though I respect his view but don't agree with him.

4. That is common to World Leaders which is wrong. Even Jonathan wants automatic ticket. Obj made sure he got every "informal" nominations in 2003. Obama never had a rival in Democrat party in 2012, same with Bush in Republican Party, 2004.

5. Age is not a criteria for leadership but competence and vision. American had 70plus Presidents so was Mandela

6. On a second thought it makes no sense. Was driven by fear of the unknown

7. Yes, I'm against public humiliation but was common in the military. However, we still have security forces humiliate civilians without the Civilian Govt acting. Eg Soldiers givin ppl frog jump, brt buses burning etc.

8. My Sincere Opinion. This invalidates my earlier position.

#Barcanista

You only make yourself look ridiculous
Re: Why Buhari Cannot Rule Us Again -wole Soyinka by Nobody: 7:58pm On Sep 14, 2014
cjrane: [size=18pt]ALL THESE LIES AND CALUMNY AGAINST BUHARI BY CORRUPT IMMORAL MEN LIKE RABIT KWANKWASO AND CO.

SHALL FAIL

INSHA ALLAH!
[/size]
Kwankwaso?
Re: Why Buhari Cannot Rule Us Again -wole Soyinka by Mogidi: 8:00pm On Sep 14, 2014
barcanista: Here comes the troll!!!! I am surprised you skipped this!!!

You only make yourself look ridiculous

Are you inferring that you did not post the above on 13th of August? After drawing your attention to your doublethink, you immediately went back to your post to edit it.

5 Likes

Re: Why Buhari Cannot Rule Us Again -wole Soyinka by tomakint: 8:03pm On Sep 14, 2014
Mogidi: [size=15pt]Barcanista on 13th of August[/size]

Stop dignifying that grade A he-goat with your response..he has been finally initiated into the supporter of APC family for real. This same naive-minded wannabe sometimes last year was spamming this section 'Koro for Lagos Governor' almost every week now he is on another high level of 'APC is the best thing' kids like this are better IGNORED

7 Likes

Re: Why Buhari Cannot Rule Us Again -wole Soyinka by Toble: 8:07pm On Sep 14, 2014
pat077: i'm surprise GMB still want to b president afta an hattrick of defeat. Only a fool does d same thing d same way and expect a different result.
You are wrong with that statement, between it is not how many times you fail but how fast you rise after failing. Beside do you know how many times Abraham Licoln tried before he became president of the state.
Re: Why Buhari Cannot Rule Us Again -wole Soyinka by Mogidi: 8:07pm On Sep 14, 2014
tomakint:
Stop dignifying that grade A he-goat with your response..he has been finally initiated into the supporter of APC family for real. This same naive-minded wannabe sometimes last year was spamming this section 'Koro for Lagos Governor' almost every week now he is on another high level of 'APC is the best thing' kids like this are better IGNORED

The troll has gone a step lower. He's now gone to the same thread he created in August to edit it, hehehe!!.

But I will continually remind him, his doublespeak needs to be exposed, he should not be taken seriously.

2 Likes

Re: Why Buhari Cannot Rule Us Again -wole Soyinka by Nobody: 8:08pm On Sep 14, 2014
Mogidi:

Are you inferring that you did not post the above on 13th of August? After drawing your attention to your doublethink, you immediately went back to your post to edit it.

Do you knw the meaning of "modification of opinion"?
Re: Why Buhari Cannot Rule Us Again -wole Soyinka by Nobody: 8:14pm On Sep 14, 2014
tomakint:
Here comes the bitter buttlicking tomakid. An elderly kid that has been a career buttlicker and a human robot. You at best are a phuvcking eedeeot that has never had opinion of his own but "Everywhere you Go". Whoever bastardized you did a wicked job. You are an embarrassment to old age and to Sanity. Your trolling only shows your level of stvpidity. I encourage enveryone to join hand to rehabilitate you phoool. You are phool personified.
Btw: how's the S3un's bootlicking yesterday? Lol
Transgendered Animal of Nairaland efool.
Re: Why Buhari Cannot Rule Us Again -wole Soyinka by tomakint: 8:22pm On Sep 14, 2014
Mogidi:

The troll has gone a step lower. He's now gone to the same thread he created in August to edit it, hehehe!!.

But I will continually remind him, his doublespeak needs to be exposed, he should not be taken seriously.
Ignore him for good my friend and watch him 'dance naked' grin grin because in your bid to expose him for all he will definitely go ballistic and as a respected fellow here you don't wanna go that low with the naive-minded skunk!

5 Likes

Re: Why Buhari Cannot Rule Us Again -wole Soyinka by nigerianvenom(m): 8:24pm On Sep 14, 2014
barcanista: You are the blind follower Mr Man. Even Ekweme did not deny.

Nonsense

What corrupt act did ekwueme got iinvoled?
Can u outline such with fact that he agreed to d allegation?
Pls in what aspect was tai solarin failed or misbehaved?
Can u tell us the super story?
What about toppling of a democratically elected government?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Buhari Cannot Rule Us Again -wole Soyinka by Mogidi: 8:29pm On Sep 14, 2014
barcanista: Here comes the bitter buttlicking tomakid. An elderly kid that has been a career buttlicker and a human robot. You at best are a phuvcking eedeeot that has never had opinion of his own but "Everywhere you Go". Whoever bastardized you did a wicked job. You are an embarrassment to old age and to Sanity. Your trolling only shows your level of stvpidity. I encourage enveryone to join hand to rehabilitate you phoool. You are phool personified.
Btw: how's the S3un's bootlicking yesterday? Lol
Transgendered Animal of Nairaland efool.

Imagine the above coming from you who's always pretending to carry a set of high-calibre morals, we all can descend to that level.

5 Likes

Re: Why Buhari Cannot Rule Us Again -wole Soyinka by Mogidi: 8:31pm On Sep 14, 2014
tomakint:
Ignore him for good my friend and watch him 'dance naked' grin grin because in your bid to expose him for all he will definitely go ballistic and as a respected fellow here you don't wanna go that low with the naive-minded skunk!

Am ready to play nice or dirty, barcanista is an unmitigated miscreant and the king of doublespeak, I intend harping on his past post whether he likes it or not.

4 Likes

Re: Why Buhari Cannot Rule Us Again -wole Soyinka by tomakint: 8:44pm On Sep 14, 2014
Mogidi:

Am ready to play nice or dirty, barcanista is an unmitigated miscreant and the king of doublespeak, I intend harping on his past post whether he likes it or not.
No problem my friend.......but native he-goats like his type are not within my radar I prefer to watch him make a fool of himself!

7 Likes

Re: Why Buhari Cannot Rule Us Again -wole Soyinka by rozayx5(m): 10:03pm On Sep 14, 2014
tomakint:

just some few weeksago barcanista was anti buhari and surprised seeing him fighting anything that paints buhari black even violation of human rights embarassed embarassed

6 Likes

Re: Why Buhari Cannot Rule Us Again -wole Soyinka by Nobody: 10:10pm On Sep 14, 2014
rozayx5:

just some few weeksago barcanista was anti buhari and surprised seeing him fighting anything that paints buhari black even violation of human rights embarassed embarassed
D1ckhead I have never been anti-buhari. But usually state some reservations especially as regards decrees 2 and 4. Unlike you, I dispel propaganda but stand for facts! Which I challenge you d1ckhead to dispute. I know you miserable scvum don't have anything to say other than chase barcanista around like your life depends on it. Well, I'm Way above you and will never descend your level trolling a forumite. Hahahha sckumbag
Re: Why Buhari Cannot Rule Us Again -wole Soyinka by Nobody: 10:15pm On Sep 14, 2014
Mogidi:

D1ckhead, is trolling barcanista your new role given you by TAN? You silly scvm I give you the 100% go-ahead to dig my "posts" and watch how I handle it. I will tell everyone the difference between a smart one and a foolish one. After I'm done with you I will place yoi on my "ignore" cage as usual. Already forumites sees you as a trolling jokem
It sÛcks being you
Re: Why Buhari Cannot Rule Us Again -wole Soyinka by rozayx5(m): 10:16pm On Sep 14, 2014
barcanista: D1ckhead I have never been anti-buhari. But usually state some reservations especially as regards decrees 2 and 4. Unlike you, I dispel propaganda but stand for facts! Which I challenge you d1ckhead to dispute. I know you miserable scvum don't have anything to say other than chase barcanista around like your life depends on it. Well, I'm Way above you and will never descend your level trolling a forumite. Hahahha sckumbag

When is your 15 Year old birthday kid undecided

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Abuja Is A No Man's Land / Biafrans, Kanu Get HUGE Support In Europe As British MEP Sends Message To Buhari / Ozubulu Killings...eyewitness Report

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.