Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,151 members, 7,818,473 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:40 PM

How To Kill And Destroy The Nature Of Sin - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How To Kill And Destroy The Nature Of Sin (835 Views)

Is It Fair That A Mere 70 Years Of ‪‎Sin‬ Be Punished By An Eternity In ‪‎Hell? / Boko Haram Wants To Kill Me For Converting To Christianity”–Islamic Cleric’s Son / Destination Of Sin By Pastor Adeboye (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Kill And Destroy The Nature Of Sin by femimike1(m): 4:09pm On Sep 14, 2014
Focus: HOW TO KILL AND DESTROY THE NATURE OF SIN

TOPIC: Connecting your help from above

TEXT: Rom 8:13 "For if you live according to [the dictates of] the flesh, you will surely die. But if through the power of the [Holy] Spirit you are [habitually] putting to death (making extinct, deadening) the [evil] deeds prompted by the body, you shall [really and genuinely] live forever."

The nature of sin is a king, because he issues orders. He has been issuing orders over your life illegally in the past, but today, we are going to bury it in Jesus' name. When sin is not treated, it kills. When you don't stop it, it stops you. When you don't drop you, it drops you.

How can you destroy the nature of sin?
The king Uzzaiah of sin dies in your life, the earth will hear you. Rom. 8:1-2, "THEREFORE, [there is] now no condemnation (no adjudging guilty of wrong) for those who are in Christ Jesus, who live [and] walk not after the dictates of the flesh, but after the dictates of the Spirit. 2 For the law of the Spirit of life [which is] in Christ Jesus [the law of our new being] has freed me from the law of sin and of death."

The Holy Spirit
John 16:7 "However, I am telling you nothing but the truth when I say it is profitable (good, expedient, advantageous) for you that I go away. Because if I do not go away, the Comforter (Counselor, Helper, Advocate, Intercessor, Strengthener, Standby) will not come to you [into close fellowship with you]; but if I go away, I will send Him to you [to be in close fellowship with you]."
True liberty from sin is impossible without the operation of the Spirit of God.
2 Cor. 3:17, "Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty (emancipation from bondage, freedom)" Zech. 4:6 "Then he said to me, This [addition of the bowl to the candlestick, causing it to yield a ceaseless supply of oil from the olive trees] is the word of the Lord to Zerubbabel, saying, Not by might, nor by power, but by My Spirit [of Whom the oil is a symbol], says the Lord of hosts."
The Holy Spirit has power to swallow sin because His source is from God while the source of the unclean spirit is the devil. If you are thirsty for Holiness, seek for the Spirit of Holiness. The Bible says we are not contending with flesh and but 'spirits', what makes you commit sin often and often is an unclean spirit. Therefore, to subdue and destroy them, is by 'The Spirit'.

How do you get the Holy Spirit to work?
1. Genuine thirst: Satan has vowed to corrupt the children of God before the Lord's second coming, so that all our service, fastings, prayers, offering etc will be in vain. What you can use to destroy sin is the Holy Spirit. Isaiah 55:1 "WAIT and listen, everyone who is thirsty! Come to the waters; and he who has no money, come, buy and eat! Yes, come, buy [priceless, spiritual] wine and milk without money and without price [simply for the self-surrender that accepts the blessing]." John 7:37 "Now on the final and most important day of the Feast, Jesus stood, and He cried in a loud voice, If any man is thirsty, let him come to Me and drink!" The question is that 'Are you truly thirsty of the flow of the Holy Spirit?' True liberty is the ministry of the Holy Spirit, for by strength shall no man prevail. There is a hymn we usually sing thus: "Our meeting shall be that of joy, when our souls is free from sin." Our meeting will not be that of joy if our souls is not free from sin. Whether you like it or not, you will die one day, or even Rapture can happen anytime from now. Matthew 3:11-12 "I indeed baptize you in (with) water because of repentance [that is, because of your changing your minds for the better, heartily amending your ways, with abhorrence of your past sins]. But He Who is coming after me is mightier than I, Whose sandals I am not worthy or fit to take off or carry; He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and with fire. His winnowing fan (shovel, fork) is in His hand, and He will thoroughly clear out and clean His threshing floor and gather and store His wheat in His barn, but the chaff He will burn up with fire that cannot be put out." Principally the Holy Spirit's ministry is that of Purity. 1 Cor. 5:7 "Purge (clean out) the old leaven that you may be fresh (new) dough, still uncontaminated [as you are], for Christ, our Passover [Lamb], has been sacrificed." It is only the Blood of Jesus that can access your heart/soul and purge it. Someone took the Communion in one of our meeting and after drinking it, she became afraid to continue keeping malice with people where she was selling goods, she quickly ran to settle with all of them.

(1) (Reply)

What It Really Mean To Be Born Again / Music: Oh My Jesu ~ Mike Abdul / Is The Law, Handed Down By God To Moses, Totally Obsolete?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.