Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,183 members, 7,818,588 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:21 PM

What It Really Mean To Be Born Again - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What It Really Mean To Be Born Again (835 Views)

"Touch NOT My Anointed..." What Does It Really Mean? / ‘LOL’ Really Mean ‘lucifer Our Lord’? / Could It Really Be That A Person Can Be Born Gay? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What It Really Mean To Be Born Again by jdilight(m): 10:51am On Sep 25, 2014
Born again is highly misunderstood by many. I was also on the wrong track until God pointed the right path to me. I want to point out that being born again is different from being saved. Christians have tried over the years to substitute one for the other.

Born means given birth to. Meaning there was no life before life came into the being. Now born again means there was life which was lost (death) and which was returned (again). It is not a new life that was returned, but the old life which was lost that was returned. This is born again.

If there was no life, there can not be a born again. There can only be a born but not again. Now it is important to note that the life we are living is not the first life being referred to in born again which is lost. No one has to die physically to be born again. Therefore, there is a life which everyone who is born into this world must have which is different from this one we are living. That life is the likeness of God which was given to Adam at creation. Genesis 1:26, the likeness of God is different from the image of God. The image of God that was given to Adam is the physical appearance and structure of man we see today but the likeness of God also given to Adam is the very life of God in man which is different from the breath of God on Adam that gave life to his flesh. This life is what John referred to as the light of men in John1:4. Everyone born of man has this life because as a gift from God, it can not be taken from man. Romans 11:29 says,"For the gifts and calling of God are without repentance". What God has given He has given.

I will be writing this things in phases for easy reading.
Re: What It Really Mean To Be Born Again by jdilight(m): 11:24am On Sep 25, 2014
On the other hand save means to redeem or protect someone from eternal damnation. Redeem itself mean to recover ownership of something by paying a sum.

You can not redeem or protect a life which you do not have. This life has been lost, it need be returned before it can be redeemed or protected. It is not in man to born himself, it the responsibility of ones father to give birth to him. It was God who gave birth to us by giving us his likeness, it is still his responsibility to reborn us (born again).

Some months back, God woke me up around 3 a.m. And He asked me, "when were you born again?" Being one who doesn't keep track of date. I replied, "Lord I don't know". He said, "your right, for no one whose when he was born". I said, "No Lord I know mine birth date, I was born in 1st October". He said, "Your right, that is what your parents told you. If they have told you a different day, you will still taken that as your birth date because you don't know when you were born". He said to me, "no one knows when he was born on earth and so it is in my kingdom". "I am the only one who knows when anyone was born in my kingdom". I said, "but my pastor said, if I don't know when I was saved am not yet born again". He said "being saved is different from being born again". "When a man is saved, I take him/her out of the world (sin) and put him/her in my womb and I will not deliver (born) the person until I know the person is well mature to adapt to the things of my kingdom". Then He shocked me by saying, "many people have been in my womb for decades, including pastors, multitude have been miscarriaged but are claiming to be born again". I was shocked.

I will show what it means to be born again next
Re: What It Really Mean To Be Born Again by jdilight(m): 12:03pm On Sep 25, 2014
Jesus answered and said to him, 'most assuredly I say to you, unless one is born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God".
Nicodemus said to Him,"How can a man be born when he is old? Can he enter a second time into his mother's womb and be born?"
Jesus answered, "Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God. "That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. "Do not marvel that I said to you, 'you must be born again'. "The wind blows where it wishes, and you hear the sound of it, but cannot tell where it comes from and where it goes. So is everyone who is born of the Spirit". John 3:3-8

Jesus told Nicodemus that being born again means being born of water and the Spirit. Being born by one of these two is not possible. Both of them goes together but the most importance is the Spirit because it is the spirit man that was dead (the likeness of God) and that must be brought back to life. I wish I have the time to explain how each and everyone of us came to die. I have tried to explain to people that Adam's sin did not make us sinner or killed us. It is our own personal sin that did the job.

If you take notice you will see that after the mentioning of water first as a medium of being born again, it never appeared again rather the spirit took over. The spirit is what died in man when he sinned. When man lost the Spirit of God it stayed in the kingdom of God while man left to the kingdom of satan ( the world). For man to have the Spirit of God back, there must be a way through which the Spirit of God must enter into man. That medium is of water (the word of God) which contain the Spirit of God.

John 1:1 "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God". take a look at John 3:6, "That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. Therefore that which is born of water (the word) is water (the word). When one becomes the word, he becomes God. This is what is means to be born again. He receives back the life (likeness) of God.

.... to be continued
Re: What It Really Mean To Be Born Again by jdilight(m): 12:36pm On Sep 25, 2014
Now born again is God's total responsibility now ours. It is our responsibility to be saved, which is a product of indicated interest we show. This is what the apostles means by " it is not of work, that any should boast". You do nothing to be born again, except to be feed to grow and remain healthy till your birthday. The food is also provided by God, who has you in his womb.

John 1:12-13, But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God. (kjv)

It is important to note that, you cannot receive Him (Christ) until your born again according to the above scripture. We all know that Christianity is filled with claiming and empty hope we term faith. Only those who have grow the the position of sonship can receive Christ. When you receive Christ, you become a son and you cannot receive him until you are born of God (born again). John1:13 Which were born ... The were in that verse point to the fact that being born of God comes before receiving Christ. This verse also show that we did nothing to be born again since, blood was not involved, flesh was not involved, man's will was not involved. God did everything.

It is at this new birth that (1 John 3:9 Whatsoever has been born of God does not sin, for His seed remain in Him; and he cannot sin, because he has been born of God) becomes operational. You cannot sin again, it is real. This happens to you not because you are trying to to sin, no. But because the seed of God in you produces fruits of righteousness of its own accord. There was a place I tried to explain it, but the question coming made me stop. I wish I have time to write on how to be righteous without stress. A righteous man do not struggle to be righteous, the seed of righteousness in him produces the fruit of righteousness effortless.

Christianity is very interesting if God open you eyes to heavenly principles.
Re: What It Really Mean To Be Born Again by MightySparrow: 1:38pm On Sep 25, 2014
I have read it once, need some time to study this revelation.
Re: What It Really Mean To Be Born Again by jdilight(m): 5:18pm On Sep 25, 2014
MightySparrow: I have read it once, need some time to study this revelation.

Your welcome. Don't just forget it, find time to inquire of God. I always encourage people to as God things with a heart to learn. He is always willing to help man encounter Him.
Re: What It Really Mean To Be Born Again by cktheluckyman: 5:23pm On Sep 25, 2014
born again refers to baptism
Re: What It Really Mean To Be Born Again by jdilight(m): 5:25pm On Sep 25, 2014
cktheluckyman: born again refers to baptism

No it doesn't. Baptism is physical agreement with the death and resurrection of Christ. Born again is a spiritual thing.
Re: What It Really Mean To Be Born Again by Nobody: 11:59am On Jan 26, 2016
Just stumbled on this. Can I ask u questions? @jdilight

(1) (Reply)

Is The Law, Handed Down By God To Moses, Totally Obsolete? / Prophecy For 2015 / JESUS Is Alive!!! Let's Sing About It

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.