Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,730 members, 7,809,802 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:13 PM

Any HSE Professionals In The House? - Career (109) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Any HSE Professionals In The House? (405719 Views)

Re: Hse Professionals / Any Hope For Oracle Professionals In Nigeria? / Hse Professionals (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (106) (107) (108) (109) (110) (111) (112) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by dacillin: 10:18am On Aug 04, 2021
kdfinest:
Hi everyone, I just want to make a enquiry or to get enlighten on how relevant can HSE 1,2 & 3 be to a graduate of sociology currently serving and how lucrative it is in terms of getting employed. We both discussed about it but seems we couldn't arrive to a conclusion. Pls experts, kindly share your thoughts on this or should professional courses below should be taken instead during his service year:
- Project Management.
- Human Resource Management.
- Environmental & Waste Management.
- Quality Assurance & Control.
- Basic Rig training for Roustabout.
- Oil & Gas operational Safety.
- Quality Management System.
- Customer Relationship Management.

I will advise you to go for HRM with CIPM, they are certified body recognize in Nigeria. HR is hot cake now ooooo.

If you go for HSE, probably with ISPON or NEBOSH, it will be very difficult to secure a job since your educational background is non-science base. Because, those with science qualifications are still struggling with those of Engineering base.

Anyone you finally decide, pls make sure is recognized certification not those NYSC own oooo.

1 Like

Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by kdfinest(m): 5:58pm On Aug 04, 2021
dacillin:

I will advise you to go for HRM with CIPM, they are certified body recognize in Nigeria. HR is hot cake now ooooo.

If you go for HSE, probably with ISPON or NEBOSH, it will be very difficult to secure a job since your educational background is non-science base. Because, those with science qualifications are still struggling with those of Engineering base.

Anyone you finally decide, pls make sure is recognized certification not those NYSC own oooo.
Its actually those NYSC own o boss.
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by Juwon21: 3:53pm On Aug 20, 2021
This thread is cold o. Professionals let us revive it by posting updates and opportunities
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by pimpchi(m): 10:02am On Sep 07, 2021
HSE Training
We provide international level training and issue recognized certificates. With our Team of well trained and experienced staff, we produce manpower of divers qualifications, skills and abilities.

General HSE Level (1 & 2 )

HSE General Certificate is compulsory for anyone who wants to work in the industry.
Training Duration: 2 Days (zoom online).

FIRST AID AND CPR COURSE
On completion of this course, students will be certified as competent emergency first aiders and receive the First Aid and CPR competence certificate.
The course will teach participants the skills they need to take care of sick or injured persons before taking them to the hospital or before the arrival of medical personnel.
The course meets the regulatory requirement hence participants will be eligible to be members of the first aiders team in a company.

You can complete our form here https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSd75fYNjalhMAs4bHkiPF-Uyu1BiibIcvrv89jg5PyrOM8rbw/viewform?vc=0&c=0&w=1&flr=0

Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by ebenezer880(m): 6:05pm On Sep 15, 2021
Good day, nairalanders , am currently studying materials engineering in a federal university, and needs your assistance with a safety booth, am not financially buoyant, I Don't need it to be new So i can participate in my General Engineering laboratory course, thanks

Please help me with SAFETY BOOTH
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by ebenezer880(m): 4:34pm On Sep 16, 2021
Please who can assist me with a safety booth
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by Juwon21: 11:45am On Oct 13, 2021
House, I don't know what is happening to NEBOSH, I wrote the NEBOSH IGC OBE in August, I had a refer. I am discourage at the moment. Someone encouraged me that they have raised there standard.
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by Juwon21: 11:49am On Oct 13, 2021
House, I am discourage at the moment due to I had a refer in my NEBOSH IGC OBE Examination I did in August. A friend encouraged me that NEBOSH have raised there standard thereby resulting in students not doing too well in the exam in recent times
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by adedayo77: 7:38am On Oct 14, 2021
Please, which training institute did you register your NEBOSH with?

Juwon21:
House, I don't know what is happening to NEBOSH, I wrote the NEBOSH IGC OBE in August, I had a refer. I am discourage at the moment. Someone encouraged me that they have raised there standard.
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by Juwon21: 8:35am On Oct 14, 2021
adedayo77:
Please, which training institute did you register your NEBOSH with?

Novelle center
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by Adeyog: 9:32am On Oct 15, 2021
Good morning house,

Please, to those who are already members of ISPON. What/how does the screening exercise look like?

Please, I want to know so that I know how to prepare and what to focus on. Thank you
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by Card7: 2:55pm On Oct 16, 2021
Hello everyone,

I am a fresh mechanical engineering graduate and I would like to build a career in the oil and gas industry. Please I would like experts and professionals in the industry to advice me on
1. Steps to take
2. Course and certifications to have
3. Skills to have
To enable one enter in the industry or increase the chance of entry

1 Like

Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by ESSOHEngineers: 8:02am On Oct 19, 2021
Juwon21:
House, I am discourage at the moment due to I had a refer in my NEBOSH IGC OBE Examination I did in August. A friend encouraged me that NEBOSH have raised there standard thereby resulting in students not doing too well in the exam in recent times

Dear Sir, in my opinion they did not raise the standard, Sir.

People simply underestimated the OBE. And people still underestimate it till date. The OBE Is more practical,Sir.

Examiners(Paper Markers) have stated clearly since the OBE started that people underestimated it because they hear it is OBE.

The OBE is more applied. Again, it is more practical. It is more of a case study. So if you do not have the fundamental logic in the body of HSE STEM knowledge and the proper sequence and arrangement of this same body of knowledge of HSE Sciences, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics/Statistics, Management and Administration, you will answer their questions anyhow without flow. Without sequence.

HSE Science and knowledge has a sequence. Who does a risk assessment when the company doesn't even have a HSE Management System? Yes you can, but upon what basis? Who can write a HSE Management System without a company HSE Policy and a proper risk assessment first? Without the Risk Assessment which HSE Risks are you then managing? Who can prepare a company policy without knowing the necessary hierarchy of regulations in the Country that the person operates, the industry peculiarities and other international standards that seek to guarantee occupational/Industrial HSE management?

The OBE Questions require that you know the HSE Processes, procedure etc and how one process or activity leads to another.

For example let us take this simplified question I am going to make up:

"How do you handle the case of an accident in a site as a HSE Manager. You just resumed there and realized that the site doesn't have a current accident/incident Management System".

You think this question is just what you have read here? No it isn't. NEBOSH OBE QUESTIONS ARE VERY PREGNANT WITH TRIPLETS. You Start from policy, to Management System, to Accident and Incident Prevention, to Accident/Incident Emergency Response, to immediate/temporary corrective/preventive/mitigative actions, to Reporting, to investigation, to long term and more permanent corrective actions, to monitoring and feedback.

That question up there if real (and there are actually real companies that have zero HSE performance footprint), the HSE Manager is in for some serious work to do. He won't just " investigate to find the causes and punish the culprit where necessary" which is the answer many candidates will give.

People,Please DO NOT underestimate the OBE.

You must understand the fundamental basis and bedrock of HSE and how step by step a proper HSE Management System that works seamlessly like a machine is built to handle ALL AND ANY Type of Hazards and Risks in an occupational and industrial setting.

You MUST Personally understand,comprehend and digest the NEBOSH Syllabus and course content in the light of the photos I attached under. Look at the flow. How they organize the knowledge and skill set. Now compare with with the wheel which is from a company and how they have planned their own HSE Management System.

The OBE is more applied. Do not underestimate it.

Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by ESSOHEngineers: 8:29am On Oct 19, 2021
ebenezer880:
Please who can assist me with a safety booth

Do you require the boots or the shoes. Or any will do?

However, please note that feet protection PPE requirements are based on a proper risk assessment which establishes the type of feet PPE you require. For instance should the sole be anti static among other things. Is your shin exposed to hazards or just your toes/lowest part of your feet?

There is a difference Sir between the shoes and the boots.

Kindly let us know what size you wear.

Thank You.
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by Juwon21: 9:29am On Oct 19, 2021
ESSOHEngineers:

People simply underestimated the OBE. And people still underestimate it till date. The OBE Is more practical,Sir.

Examiners(Paper Markers) have stated clearly since the OBE started that people underestimated it because they here it is OBE.

The OBE is more applied. Again, it is more practical. It is more of a case study. So if you do not have the fundamental logic and arrangement of body of knowledge of HSE Sciences, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics/Statistics, Management and Administration, you will answer their questions anyhow without flow. Without sequence. HSE Science has a sequence. Who does a risk assessment when the company doesn't even have a HSE Management System? Upon what basis. Who can write a HSE Management System without a company HSE Policy? Who can prepare a company policy without knowing the necessary hierarchy of regulations in the Country that the person operates, the industry and other international standards that seek to guarantee occupational/Industrial HSE?

The OBE Questions require that you know the HSE Processes, procedure etc and how one process or activity leads to another.

"How do you handle the case of an accident in a site as a HSE Manager. You just resumed there and realized that the site doesn't have a current accident/incident Management System".

You think this question is just what you have read here? No it isn't. You Start from policy, to Management System, to Accident and Incident Prevention, to Accident/Incident Emergency Response, to immediate/temporary corrective/preventive/mitigative actions, to Reporting, to investigation, to long term and more permanent corrective actions, to monitoring and feedback.

That question up there if real (and there are actually real companies that have zero HSE performance footprint), the HSE Manager is in for some serious work to do. He won't just " investigate to find the causes and punish the culprit where necessary" which is the answer many candidates will give.

You must understand the fundamental basis and bedrock of HSE and how step by step a proper HSE Management System that works seamlessly like a machine is built to handle ALL AND ANY Type of Hazards and Risks in an occupational and industrial setting.

You MUST Personally understand,comprehend and digest the NEBOSH Syllabus and course content in the light of the photos I attached under. Look at the flow. How they organize the knowledge and skill set. Now compare with with the wheel which is from a company and how they have planned their own HSE Management System.

Thanks for your input. I appreciate it
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by ttlawlah(f): 10:30am On Oct 19, 2021
You can goggle Hybrid HSE Training Calendar. They offer NEBOSH training through the year and it's not up to 300k
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by ebenezer880(m): 2:34pm On Oct 19, 2021
ESSOHEngineers:

Do you require the boots or the shoes. Or any will do?

However, please note that feet protection PPE requirements are based on a proper risk assessment which establishes the type of feet PPE you require. For instance should the sole be anti static among other things. Is your shin exposed to hazards or just your toes/lowest part of your feet?

There is a difference Sir between the shoes and the boots.

Kindly let us know what size you wear.

Thank You.

I already got one sir, thanks
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by adedayo77: 10:21am On Oct 22, 2021
Please, share me with the NEBOSH training materials.

Thanks and God bless you

adedayo_dml@yahoomail.com

Juwon21:
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by Greatken007(m): 4:04pm On Oct 23, 2021
Good evening everyone , please i need NEBOSH training material on Process Safety Management , thanks in anticipation..
nzekk1@yahoo.com
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by CHARLOE(m): 5:59pm On Oct 24, 2021
ESSOHEngineers:

Examiners(Paper Markers) have stated clearly since the OBE started that people underestimated it because they here it is OBE.

The OBE is more applied. Again, it is more practical. It is more of a case study. So if you do not have the fundamental logic and arrangement of body of knowledge of HSE Sciences, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics/Statistics, Management and Administration, you will answer their questions anyhow without flow. Without sequence. HSE Science has a sequence. Who does a risk assessment when the company doesn't even have a HSE Management System? Upon what basis. Who can write a HSE Management System without a company HSE Policy? Who can prepare a company policy without knowing the necessary hierarchy of regulations in the Country that the person operates, the industry and other international standards that seek to guarantee occupational/Industrial HSE?

You think this question is just what you have read here? No it isn't. You Start from policy, to Management System, to Accident and Incident Prevention, to Accident/Incident Emergency Response, to immediate/temporary corrective/preventive/mitigative actions, to Reporting, to investigation, to long term and more permanent corrective actions, to monitoring and feedback.

Thanks for this, will like to private chat u, what's ur watsapp/email? writing nebosh soon

1 Like

Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by micxwell(m): 10:18pm On Oct 24, 2021
ESSOHEngineers:

Dear Sir, in my opinion they did not raise the standard, Sir. People simply underestimated the OBE. And people still underestimate it till date. The OBE Is more practical Sir.
Bro welldone. You've said it all. I've written exams up to the masters level but that OBE happens to be the toughest exam I've ever written in my entire life.
grin cheesy At some point I started telling myself "why did you have to put yourself in this kind of trouble for heaven's sake". But I loved the whole experience. grin cheesy It has been long I used that much brain energy on any task.

It beats my imagination how folks on LinkedIn keeps shouting that the OBE is simple.
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by hothuntee(m): 9:18am On Oct 25, 2021
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by missunknown: 4:51pm On Oct 25, 2021
Anyone who has NEBOSH IGC 1,2 and 3 willing to share can kindly send to amaronicd1st@gmail.com. thanks and God bless.
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by Juwon21: 5:53pm On Oct 25, 2021
micxwell:

Bro welldone. You've said it all. I've written exams up to the masters level but that OBE happens to be the toughest exam I've ever written in my entire life.
grin cheesy At some point I started telling myself "why did you have to put yourself in this kind of trouble for heaven's sake". But I loved the whole experience. grin cheesy It's has been long I used that much brain energy on any task.

It beats my imagination how folks on LinkedIn keeps shouting that the OBE is simple.
Even on LinkedIn foreigners the white too are not doing fine in the OBE. NEBOSH is not conducting paper exam for IGC, only OBE
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by ESSOHEngineers: 9:11am On Oct 26, 2021
micxwell:

grin cheesy At some point I started telling myself "why did you have to put yourself in this kind of trouble for heaven's sake". But I loved the whole experience. grin cheesy It's has been long I used that much brain energy on any task.

What I noticed and observed on LinkedIn was that some people felt that those who wrote/took the NEBOSH paper based (CBE) had it far worse because they had no materials to refer to during the exam. In their opinion they argued/argue that the pass mark in OBE will be so high and they feel they would have done better should they have also attempted OBE. Especially for those that had referrals.

They don't understand that they might have just dodged a big bullet. People hear it is open book exam and they think oh great, an opportunity to steal answers. They forget the persons setting the exam know this, hence don't as direct questions either.

Most recently those who have now tried it have confessed that is isn't a walk in the park.

2 Likes

Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by micxwell(m): 11:51am On Oct 26, 2021
Juwon21:

Even on LinkedIn foreigners the white too are not doing fine in the OBE. NEBOSH is not conducting paper exam for IGC, only OBE

I wish you all the best bro. Don't worry you'll get it right.
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by BukiY(f): 5:42pm On Nov 21, 2021
wanitas:
pls am also interested in d EMS/ISO training, pls anyone with additional info?
i just have to do it this year ,
thanks
Check out Aquilla Solutions Limited. They offer courses in those areas: ISO 14001:2015 - Environmental management systems(EMS) and other ISO Courses, (9001, 45001. 22000, Risk Management(31000:2018)). There's also major course discounts this ember season so contact them: www.acquillas.com or send a mail: training@acquillas.com.

Just putting this extra out there: If you know any NYSC Corps member or anyone else that wants to register for HSE 1, 2 & 3, please tell them to reach out as well because there's option for virtual and online training. I needed this opportunity during my service year because I was running a business, going to my PPA and needed a convenient option to attend classes. NYSC corps members get subsidized training price and I missed out cry.

Hope this helps.
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by Juwon21: 7:30am On Dec 11, 2021
Dear All,

Please help us revive this thread. This thread is not lively again everyone is silent. You can post HSW information, job vacancies, and help to answer questions of people.

Thank you
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by brainwave(m): 8:40pm On Dec 21, 2021
Juwon21:
Dear All,

Please help us revive this thread. This thread is not lively again everyone is silent. You can post HSW information, job vacancies, and help to answer questions of people.

Thank you

Good one Juwon21!
I'll also endeavor to check in on the thread to chip in my contributions every now and then, as much as possible but as we all know, life often gets busy and demanding of people's time, energy and attention in different directions. Hope your HSE journey is going ok by the way? Cheers!!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (106) (107) (108) (109) (110) (111) (112) (Reply)

How Much Is Level 8/2 Based On New Salary Structure? / Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? / ICAN November 2023 Diet Exam - Let's Meet Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.