Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,929 members, 7,814,159 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:00 AM

Any HSE Professionals In The House? - Career (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Any HSE Professionals In The House? (406089 Views)

Re: Hse Professionals / Any Hope For Oracle Professionals In Nigeria? / Hse Professionals (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (113) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by greatbugsy: 12:26pm On Feb 27, 2012
who has heard of jpts and if they are accreditted cause i did my hse 2 with them and bout to go do 3, i hope they are not wack @bolaoso i read you went with them for 2 last year and was skeptical about 3 too, please inbox me your number @ 08036084244 please so i know what to do whether or not to ddo the 3 with them and if i can do the 3 with nisp as i have already done 2 somewhere else. Anybody please helpppp
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by greatbugsy: 12:27pm On Feb 27, 2012
who has heard of jpts and if they are accreditted cause i did my hse 2 with them and bout to go do 3, i hope they are not wack @bolaoso i read you went with them for 2 last year and was skeptical about 3 too, please inbox me your number @ 08136084244 please so i know what to do whether or not to ddo the 3 with them and if i can do the 3 with nisp as i have already done 2 somewhere else. Anybody please helpppp

number 08136084244 not 08036084244
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by brainwave(m): 4:58pm On Feb 27, 2012
greatbugsy:

who has heard of jpts and if they are accreditted cause i did my hse 2 with them and bout to go do 3, i hope they are not wack @bolaoso i read you went with them for 2 last year and was skeptical about 3 too, please inbox me your number @ 08136084244 please so i know what to do whether or not to ddo the 3 with them and if i can do the 3 with nisp as i have already done 2 somewhere else. Anybody please helpppp

number 08136084244 not 08036084244

@greatbugsy, why not check out NISP if you're so 'unsure' about the credibility/accreditation status of the organisation in question?
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by brainwave(m): 5:10pm On Feb 27, 2012
akubunachi:

I am an electrical engineer but graduated with a third degree, if u know what i mean.recently got employed with a small electrical construction firm,though its a good place to start i can now do pmp,or nebosh or prince 2 or nsip,etc etc,as finances is not a constraint,besides both pmp and hse re relevant to electrical construction,my question is considering my third degree,if i do nebbosh and nsip and pmp and throw in like 4 to 5 years experience,do i have an opportunity with a multinational oil firm, pls i need replies and insights asap

@akubunachi, if you can secure the qualifications you have listed in view i.e, pmp, nebosh and prince 2 or nsip, you certainly would have brightened your chances of getting a job (in a multinational Oil firm or elsewhere) nevertheless, there are no guarantees when it comes to these matters as some of these organisations have their policies regarding class of first degrees of their employees. The common advice I give in situations like yours is that people should prepare/equip themselves (e.g qualfication/certification-wise) so that when the opportunity shows up, they're good to go for it!
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by brainwave(m): 7:42pm On Feb 27, 2012
fender:

Hello house,

I've been following this thread for a while and recently my interest in HSE got peeked by my friend who is keen on taking up a course especially the NEBOSH certification. I have a degree in marketing and coming from that background, what are my chances of making the best of the profession and where do you advise I start from ?? I just needed to ask because I have already started gathering materials for NEBOSH to start preparing well ahead of time for September as I'm considering a change swift change in my career path to get the much anticipated satisfaction (not monetary). Your kind and honest advise are welcomed.

Thank you.

@fender, people make tough decisions every day including changing their career path. With focus, determination, right information and courage you can realize your dream of a fulfiling career switch. We hear of medical doctors switching to business/finance, likewise engineers et.c. So, if you have the conviction of going for NEBOSH certification, my advice would be for you to go for it! Above all, with GOD, absolutely nothing is impossible. Cheers!
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by Junfourth: 8:16am On Mar 08, 2012
please, am a graduate of agricultural engineering, is it adviseable for me to start with general hse or level 3 with NISP. Any reply will be appreciated
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by brainwave(m): 1:54pm On Mar 10, 2012
Junfourth:

please, am a graduate of agricultural engineering, is it adviseable for me to start with general hse or level 3 with NISP. Any reply will be appreciated

@Junfourth, I'll advise that you go for the General HSE. Cheers!
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by dafman10(m): 10:18am On Mar 11, 2012
Hi room, i just did IASP-HSE courses in Confined Space Entry, Lifting n Rigging, Permit to Work System (PTW) and HSE Competence level three. Pls is IASP representatives in Nigeria n IASP itself a major player n force in HSE matters in Nigeria?
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by Junfourth: 11:30pm On Mar 11, 2012
please, which state would be prefarable for me to do the general hse with NISP. Warri or lagos. I can travel any where because of it. I dont mind my location. Any reply we be appreciated. Thanks
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by brainwave(m): 1:58pm On Mar 12, 2012
@JunFourth, I have only had dealings with NISP Lagos centre so. I frankly do not know about Warri chapter.
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by yamakuza: 2:09pm On Mar 12, 2012
NISP Port Harcourt is also good.

If you dont like Warri, you can check out PH before heading for Lagos.
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by Junfourth: 7:37am On Mar 14, 2012
@brainwave,
dat means that of Lagos centre for NISP is practicaly intensive. I want to know the best centre
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by squad1: 11:01am On Mar 14, 2012
@Brainwave @All
I was told i will have to write the GHSE and Level 3 BEFORE i can be a corporate member of NISP, Ow true is dis? N:B.. i am a Civil Engineer with 5 years experience and a corporate member of NSE..
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by brainwave(m): 2:42pm On Mar 14, 2012
@JunFourth, I think you may follow Yamakuza's advice & check out Warri & PH before heading to Lag. Like I earlier said, I can only talk of the Lagos chapter.
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by brainwave(m): 3:17pm On Mar 14, 2012
squad1:
@Brainwave @All
I was told i will have to write the GHSE and Level 3 BEFORE i can be a corporate member of NISP, Ow true is dis? N:B.. i am a Civil Engineer with 5 years experience and a corporate member of NSE..

@squad1, where did you get the info from?
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by efiboyuk: 6:23pm On Mar 14, 2012
@squad 1, @brainwave
jst call d lagos branch chairman on 07064770757 for guidance. I am currently doin d level 2, sincerely it is really an intensive training.
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by Junfourth: 9:06am On Mar 15, 2012
@brainwave
Thanks u so much for ur reply. Since u know much about Lagos centre, please let me know much about the processes involve in the GHSE, the training processes, the technique to use during lectures and how to pass the exam straight away, and even job related to safety, health and environment here in Nigeria.
Ur reply will be appreciated. Thanks
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by brainwave(m): 11:55am On Mar 15, 2012
@squad 1, @brainwave
jst call d lagos branch chairman on 07064770757 for guidance. I am currently doin d level 2, sincerely it is really an intensive training.

@efiboyuk, many thanks for the info.
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by brainwave(m): 11:59am On Mar 15, 2012
@brainwave
Thanks u so much for ur reply. Since u know much about Lagos centre, please let me know much about the processes involve in the GHSE, the training processes, the technique to use during lectures and how to pass the exam straight away, and even job related to safety, health and environment here in Nigeria.
Ur reply will be appreciated. Thanks

@JunFourth, I'll advise that you take the pains to read through this thread (if possible, from the begining). You will find answers to these questions and so much more that could be of benefit to you. Cheers!
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by squad1: 6:37pm On Mar 15, 2012
squad1:
@Brainwave @All

@squad1, where did you get the info from?

@Brainwave @efiboyuk.. The Chairman of the Abuja Branch said so..and i just called the Lagos Branch chairman.. he said the same thing..
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by efiboyuk: 11:21pm On Mar 15, 2012
@squad1:
alright,make adequate preparations to take d course & consequently d exams. From d level 2 courses i did its a vry interestin and enjoyable course, jst attand d classes,read & u ll pass. Wish u all d best
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by tracyn: 7:03am On Mar 16, 2012
Hello friends,I m now NEBOSH certified and also have NISP certificate. I m looking for safety jobs. My email address is mewuola@tentolconsult.com. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by Essienabasiisrael: 7:55pm On Mar 16, 2012
I am new comer on nairaland! Very interested in HSE area! Any info on HSE courses, training and where a beginer like me shud start from will b appreciated! Pls do well to 4forwad same to my email: odohodiisrael@yahoo.com.
Regards

1 Like

Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by OneSide(m): 6:42pm On Mar 21, 2012
Please can anyone advise on where I can get hi-quality SAFETY BOOTS/STEEL-TOES aside ordering from outside the country (as we are not purchasing in bulk). Any location around Benin, Enugu, Asaba, PH will do as I often move around these areas. Your prompt response will be really appreciated

Thanks!
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by panaroma: 6:12pm On Mar 23, 2012
Hello NLanders...I see NISP and NEBOSH training. I don't know if I am a certified HSE anymore.had my training at JPTS altho they say they affliated with NISP and a host of other safety bodies,don't know if I have been jonzed..pls help...fanks
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by efiboyuk: 7:52pm On Mar 23, 2012
@panorama
well donot know wot is written on d certificate given 2 u but wot i know is dat N. I. S. P has not authorizied anybody to carry out training on its behalf or serve as an affiliate. If ur certificate is nt carrying N. I. S. P as d main heading den u re on ur own.
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by stephnina0(f): 6:36pm On Mar 29, 2012
Hello, I just completed an IOSH course and preparing to take the NEBOSH International General Certificate examination. Please can any one help out by giving me past questions? Thanks, would really appreciate

1 Like

Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by efiboyuk: 9:52am On Mar 31, 2012
@stephnina0
what's ur email address? So i can 4ward it 2 u.
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by stephnina0(f): 10:02am On Mar 31, 2012
Okaforstephanie@ymail.com Thanks smiley
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by lillies: 6:04pm On Apr 04, 2012
@efib
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by Uzorp: 10:54am On Apr 05, 2012
Hrllo naira landers I am new here but have a serious affinity for HSE matters,.pls does anyone a soft copy of the nebosh IGSC material/ book my email is uzomanneji@yahoo.com thanks.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (113) (Reply)

How Much Is Level 8/2 Based On New Salary Structure? / ICAN November 2023 Diet Exam - Let's Meet Here / Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.