Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,990 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:16 AM

Any HSE Professionals In The House? - Career (54) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Any HSE Professionals In The House? (406448 Views)

Re: Hse Professionals / Any Hope For Oracle Professionals In Nigeria? / Hse Professionals (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) ... (113) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by kilokeys(m): 4:50am On Oct 11, 2015
aamstih:
Which of the states would you be doing your induction?

FCT Sir
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by aamstih: 8:50am On Oct 11, 2015
All the best bro.

kilokeys:

FCT Sir
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by Lepagirl: 3:22pm On Oct 11, 2015
I am a HSE professional, I am in need of a job,Info me at emmanuelelizabeth61@gmail.com
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by gool(m): 3:12pm On Oct 12, 2015
nasonaso:

Thanks for your support. Please I need nebosh IGC materials and also Q n A. My mail osaradavid@gmail.com
akinsjimmy:

Hey man, please I need material on oil and gas nebosh as well as IOSH together with NEBOSH igc(2 and sample report in igc3) akinnayajojimmy@gmail.com Thanks man
nasonaso:

Thanks for your support. Please I need nebosh IGC materials and also Q n A. My mail osaradavid@gmail.com
Pls I need Nebosh IGS materials, thanks for your support

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by Nobody: 3:48pm On Oct 12, 2015
I look towards starting my NEBOSH International Diploma, and the Oil and Gas next year. I know it will be challenging but I'm able. Any help from you guys will be appreciated.
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by Muhammedayo: 9:20am On Oct 13, 2015
I have read through the entire posts and I really appreciate everybody who have contributed to it. I have done HSE level 1,2$3 and planning on doing NEBOSH. Anybody that has NEBOSH materials should please forward it my mail. I will be grateful.
REGARDS.
muhammedayo@yahoo.com
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by horkanmi: 10:43am On Oct 13, 2015
http://gennesaretresources.com
They offer trainings in oil and gas field.
They are offering 15% discount on specified courses.
Promo ends 31st October.

Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by horkanmi: 10:50am On Oct 13, 2015
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by thankfull: 1:34pm On Oct 15, 2015
i am a new entrat in the HSE field and starting my GHSE in ISPON branch in port Harcourt 19th to 23rd oct,any one here in this set? we could meet here and also a big thanks to @diehard and @brainwave you are Great mentors
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by Nobody: 3:18pm On Oct 17, 2015
Sejj:

Pls i will like u send me a soft copy of those materials on akinwalesalako@gmail.com. Thanks
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by Gozychuks(m): 8:57pm On Oct 27, 2015
I have two questions. I need someone to do justice to it.
1) What is the role of SHE dept in a construction site. What. Must be done to ensure that the construction work goes on safely

2) What are the hazards in a construction site what control measure should be used in controlling them.
Thank you
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by Gozychuks(m): 9:04pm On Oct 27, 2015
Please can u answer the questions above
suni4biz:
I am already ISPON certified and have up to 3 years HSE experience in the construction industry. if there is any vacancy pls contact me on 08064426116
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by Nobody: 9:19am On Oct 28, 2015
Can a student on Industrial training take HSE level 1??
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by Gozychuks(m): 6:43pm On Oct 28, 2015
What course are u studying and why do u want to do level 1.
ikeola6:
Can a student on Industrial training take HSE level 1??
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by popless(m): 7:55pm On Oct 28, 2015
Cant an O level student, take up HSE course?
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by Nobody: 8:38pm On Oct 28, 2015
Gozychuks:
What course are u studying and why do u want to do level 1.
I'm currently studying Chemistry, and i will be going for IT next year. So am planning to do it during that period.
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by Gozychuks(m): 8:42pm On Oct 28, 2015
Do Ispon General H.se then.H.se. Level 3
ikeola6:

I'm currently studying Chemistry, and i will be going for IT next year. So am planning to do it during that period.
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by Nobody: 9:44pm On Oct 28, 2015
Gozychuks:
Do Ispon General H.se then.H.se. Level 3
Okay thanks very much..
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by engrdubem(m): 6:13am On Oct 29, 2015
I am currently Nebosh igc certified.I did mine at hybrid consulting in ikeja lagos.please what other relevant certification s do I need and also I need a job, any openings would be appreciated.thanks guys.
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by zeongeon: 3:02pm On Oct 29, 2015
Gozychuks:
I have two questions. I need someone to do justice to it.
1) What is the role of SHE dept in a construction site. What. Must be done to ensure that the construction work goes on safely

2) What are the hazards in a construction site what control measure should be used in controlling them.
Thank you
The answer to your question 1 is Management commitment. Management has to be committed to safety to ensure work activities on the construction site is carried put safely. If management is not safety oriented then probability of work not done safely is high, for in safety you lead front the front and walk the talk. Safety trickles down from the top with management being committed to safety.

Secondly, safety culture must be constantly promoted, enhanced, worked upon and monitored . As safety culture can be said to be what we do, why we do it and how we do it when no one is watching.

The role of SHE department in construction site includes but not limited to
- Risk Assessments
-Job hazard analysis
-Training
- Inspection, monitoring and supervision
-Purchase, testing and distribution of ppe.
- Auditing
- Safety campaigns.
- Fostering of good relationship between management and work force as regards to safety.
- Ensures company compliance with regulations and standards.
- Health surveillance
-First aid
- Occupational hygiene, controlling staff exposure to hazardous substances.
-Foster good relationship between community and organization.
- Accident investigation and reporting.
- Research and development on new trends in construction safety and how they can be applied to organization.
- Protection of company assets, reputation and the environment.

QUESTION 2

Note that every construction site have different hazards depending on what is being construction been carried out and the work activities on the site. The hazards in the construction site includes but not limited to

HEALTH HAZARDS
- Dust from cement handling.
-Fumes from hot work.
- Muscular Skeletal disorders, sprains and strains from manual handling, work duration and work posture.
- Biohazards from bacteria, virus or animals.

SAFETY HAZARDS.
-Falls from height
-Fire/explosion from hotworks such as cutting, grinding and wielding. coming in contact with utility pipe.
-Electrocution as from faulty equipments, coming in contact with over head or underground cables.
-Falling objects.
- Hit by Vehicles.
-Vibration from machine handling.
-Coming in contact with moving parts of machines.
-Confined spaces.
-Untrained workmen.
-Use of alcohol and drugs

ENVIRONMENTAL HAZARDS
- Weather condition
- Hostile locals.
- Noise
-Temperature.
-Topography.

CONTROL MEASURES.

ENGINEERING CONTROLS.
- Guards and barriers to prevent falls from height, falling objects, coming in contact with vehicles and moving parts of machines.
- Automation work process such as lifting, working at heights, transportation example use of trolleys to transport work equipments and machine and the use of mobile access cranes to work at heights.
- Well designed and ventilated storage areas

ADMINISTRATIVE/BEHAVIOURAL CONTROLS
- Training
-Supervision, inspection and monitoring
-Work shifts
- Safety signs and Signage
- Well written and communicated safe work procedures
- Safe systems of work example permit to work.
- Tool box and tail gate talks to create safety and hazard awareness.
-Safety meetings.

PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT
- Body harness
- Hard hat
-Safety boots
- Safety glasses
-Overall
- Hand gloves

Note: Ensure ppe is suited for the job, properly fits the work man and doesn't restrict him from carrying out his work safely.

You can further use the heirachy of controls to control hazards.
- Elimination
-Substitution
-Isolation/Enclosure
-Guards and barriers
-Safe system of work
-Written procedures
-Adequate Supervision
-Training
- Information, instruction and communication
- Personal protective equipment

6 Likes

Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by jenniebravo: 2:46pm On Nov 06, 2015
Good day house,

I came across this post in my research on HSE in Nigeria. My boss wants to go into the HSE sector and i am researching on the HSE sector in Nigeria, unfortunately, there are not much outputs on this sector. i would gladly appreciate a link or anything of the sort on where i can get valuable information on this sector. How an organisation can venture into it? What bodies an organisation has to be part of before working as an HSE company. I read through the posts and i saw more on individual trainings and certifications, plese any info on certifications for a company would be appreciated as well as general information on the HSE sector in general.

I await your kind response.
thank you.
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by aamstih: 9:04pm On Nov 06, 2015
Hello Jennie,

I don't seem to understand your concern, the answers to the following questions would assist me in directing you accordingly.

1. Does your boss want his company to be HSE compliant or he wants to venture into HSE as a business (organizing trainings, consultancy, ppe's etc).

2. What do u mean by the phrase 'working as a HSE company'?

jenniebravo:
Good day house,

I came across this post in my research on HSE in Nigeria. My boss wants to go into the HSE sector and i am researching on the HSE sector in Nigeria, unfortunately, there are not much outputs on this sector. i would gladly appreciate a link or anything of the sort on where i can get valuable information on this sector. How an organisation can venture into it? What bodies an organisation has to be part of before working as an HSE company. I read through the posts and i saw more on individual trainings and certifications, plese any info on certifications for a company would be appreciated as well as general information on the HSE sector in general.

I await your kind response.
thank you.
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by Safety1st: 4:39pm On Nov 08, 2015
Hello jenniebravo, I think you and other fellow HSE professional family members may find this journal paper interesting although it does not answer your question directly. It is one of the latest publications on Nigerian HSE system and it is freely accessible for full download.

An Overview of the Occupational Safety and Health Systems of Nigeria, UK, USA, Australia and China: Nigeria Being the Reference Case Study

Abstract
This paper reviews the Occupational Safety and Health (OSH) frameworks of Nigeria, UK, USA, Australia and China considering Nigeria as a representative developing country. The study looks at each of the five OSH regulatory and enforcement models against a range of performance themes with a view to uncovering strategic lessons for Nigeria and other developing nations. The study identifies some of the potential drivers behind the developments of the different OSH management frameworks. These drivers include robustness of the OSH laws, efficiency of the judicial system, degree of independence of the OSH enforcement agency, adequacy of financial budgets, good workforce-inspector ratio, accident history and activities of the civil/human right groups. Even though Nigeria is used as a reference case study, the observations and conclusions drawn are generic and applicable to typical developing countries. The paper may also be found beneficial by researchers looking to have a high level view of the OSH management frameworks of Nigeria, UK, USA, Australia and China. Although Nigeria is working to implement a new and more comprehensive OSH law, i.e. the Labour, Safety, Health and Welfare (LSHW) Bill (2012), this paper does not assess Nigeria’s current OSH standing against the provisions of LSHW Bill which is yet to be rolled out. (The second part of this bipartite series will address some of the key structural and potential implementation issues surrounding LSHW Bill).

Full paper at: http://pubs.sciepub.com/education/3/11/3/
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by jenniebravo: 3:17pm On Nov 09, 2015
aamstih:
Hello Jennie,
I don't seem to understand your concern, the answers to the following questions would assist me in directing you accordingly.
1. Does your boss want his company to be HSE compliant or he wants to venture into HSE as a business (organizing trainings, consultancy, ppe's etc).
2. What do u mean by the phrase 'working as a HSE company'?

Hey, thanks so much for your resonse.
As per your question, yes, my boss wants to register his company to HSE consulting, training firm, etc, he wants it to be HSE compliant and be able to venture into HSE business.

I hope that clarifies a bit cos i don't know much about this either. Any info on how to go about it, how to register and what bodies to register with etc.

Thanks guys
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by Gbengais(m): 11:00pm On Nov 12, 2015
Hello house?

I studied Plant physiology in school and am looking to start up a career In the HSE world.. can someone please advice me on how to go about it and which of the HSE courses will be suitable with what I studied in school? Thanks
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by Mcbenjamin(m): 11:44pm On Nov 12, 2015
Hi house am also in the field of HSE though am a QC Engineer. Have any one of you considered OSHA. It's also a professional safety body located in US and I have their certification as well.
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by eamodu(m): 11:43am On Nov 13, 2015
I am a graduate of political science, and will want to go into the oil and gas sector.. I have intentions of getting the HSE certification..but will like to know if my BSc certificate in political science will be a barrier of me getting into d oil and gas, despite me getting professional certifications such as HSE and others that will be recommended to me here. Thanks expecting replies based on experience
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by etyben: 11:14am On Nov 16, 2015
please i wll b very greatful if anyone can help me with nebosh international diploma study materials. below is my email
bensonetimbuk@yahoo.com..thnks guys
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by IsaacAhmed(m): 2:54pm On Nov 16, 2015
nasonaso:

Hello, I also want to launch a career in HSE and I have bn told to go for LEBOSH IGC, after which I would love to go for the Diploma cert but not before completing the basic HSE level 1,2 & 3 certification. I would love to jave the materials u used so I would be better prepared. And as for u wanting back in Nigeria pls visit career24ng and also go to company websites and apply directly. Pls send ebooks or anything necessary to dimejioduwole@yahoo.com

Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by IsaacAhmed(m): 2:59pm On Nov 16, 2015
jackjohnson:
Am so happy to see this topic.I am a practicing HSE Professional in QATAR and I must tell you,It worth it.Getting International Certification is the Key especially if you want to go Places as a HSE practitioner.Here in Qatar NEBOSH IGC is the Standered set by the Government of STATE OF QATAR.I Must advise everyone that want to have a career in HSE to remove Examination Malpractice mentality and take it very serous during the training and Exams.NOTE:NEBOSH International Technical Certificate in Oil and Gas Operational Safety is a big advantage for those that want to work in the Oil and Gas Industry but Remember,NEBOSH OIL AND GAS Is not BEANS but is still passable.Nigerians here in Doha are representing as we are among those that comes out outstanding in NEBOSH EXAMS.I am proud to be a HSE Officer and I encourage you to do so.If you need training materials of NEBOSH IGC,NEBOSH OIL AND GAS OR NEBOSH International Diploma...than send me your email.I promise to send you the best material from SHEILDS UK.Please HSE Job opportunity in Nigeria should be made public here for us that might like to come down home to apply what we have gained from the Arab country.Thank you

Hello, I also want to launch a career in HSE and I have bn told to go for LEBOSH IGC, after which I would love to go for the Diploma cert but not before completing the basic HSE level 1,2 & 3 certification. I would love to jave the materials u used so I would be better prepared. And as for u wanting back in Nigeria pls visit career24ng and also go to company websites and apply directly. Pls send ebooks or anything necessary to dimejioduwole@yahoo.com
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by anthney87: 10:32pm On Nov 16, 2015
jackjohnson:
Am so happy to see this topic.I am a practicing HSE Professional in QATAR and I must tell you,It worth it.Getting International Certification is the Key especially if you want to go Places as a HSE practitioner.Here in Qatar NEBOSH IGC is the Standered set by the Government of STATE OF QATAR.I Must advise everyone that want to have a career in HSE to remove Examination Malpractice mentality and take it very serous during the training and Exams.NOTE:NEBOSH International Technical Certificate in Oil and Gas Operational Safety is a big advantage for those that want to work in the Oil and Gas Industry but Remember,NEBOSH OIL AND GAS Is not BEANS but is still passable.Nigerians here in Doha are representing as we are among those that comes out outstanding in NEBOSH EXAMS.I am proud to be a HSE Officer and I encourage you to do so.If you need training materials of NEBOSH IGC,NEBOSH OIL AND GAS OR NEBOSH International Diploma...than send me your email.I promise to send you the best material from SHEILDS UK.Please HSE Job opportunity in Nigeria should be made public here for us that might like to come down home to apply what we have gained from the Arab country.Thank you
I will need the materials too
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by Erec(m): 11:58pm On Nov 16, 2015
Hi peeps ,this is one of the most amazing trend I have ever followed. thumbs up for d initiators of this trend.. they indeed contributed so much to progress.
I really hope smbdy do justice to dis quickly. I already have HSE I nd 11 under the British Council of HSSE affiliate. can I continue level 3 with ISPON? or I must still have to do the HSE general first? pls ur response is paramount.

(1) (2) (3) ... (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) ... (113) (Reply)

How Much Is Level 8/2 Based On New Salary Structure? / ICAN November 2023 Diet Exam - Let's Meet Here / Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.