Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,425 members, 7,830,133 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:44 PM

President Jonathan Emerges PDP Consensus Presidential Candidate - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Jonathan Emerges PDP Consensus Presidential Candidate (17877 Views)

Video Of OAU Students Protest Against President Jonathan Emerges / • B-R-E-A-K-I-N-G News!!! President Jonathan Emerges PDP Consensus Presidential / Breaking!!! Umaru Fintiri Emerges PDP Flag Bearer. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: President Jonathan Emerges PDP Consensus Presidential Candidate by Nobody: 12:31am On Sep 16, 2014
curiouses: Just as expected
u no dey slip undecided
Re: President Jonathan Emerges PDP Consensus Presidential Candidate by synergycom19: 12:32am On Sep 16, 2014
ZKOSOSO: Even Utafio the blindman in my village knows that it can only be Jonathan and none else!!
GEJ till 2019 !
And anothef single tefm of SIX YEARS
Re: President Jonathan Emerges PDP Consensus Presidential Candidate by ayorins(m): 12:33am On Sep 16, 2014
Jesusloveyou: and the best thieve ever,d master of corruption,d ogogoro master.

Bro sorry ehn, I can feel ur pain

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Emerges PDP Consensus Presidential Candidate by manitobor(m): 12:34am On Sep 16, 2014
Expect boko haram attacks to increase in intensity. Starting tomorrow.
Re: President Jonathan Emerges PDP Consensus Presidential Candidate by chibc(m): 12:34am On Sep 16, 2014
john4reala: everybody stand on your feet and welcome this good news
shut your mouth already slave! All of them (both APC and PDP) are thieves! Is like your dad picks crumbs from Jona, that's why I wouldn't blame you, but you should be reading for your GCE exam, not to come here to yarn dust!

2 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Emerges PDP Consensus Presidential Candidate by ayorins(m): 12:35am On Sep 16, 2014
synergycom19:
And anothef single tefm of SIX YEARS

Na english be dis

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Emerges PDP Consensus Presidential Candidate by tchigofigo(m): 12:35am On Sep 16, 2014
MissMeiya:

Sigh. I'm prone to biting off more than I can chew. And my parents would strongly disapprove... I have to hand them a master's degree before I move to Nigeria.

But I'm am impatient girl. I have small political connections... Oh shoot that reminds me! I have to call someone.... embarassed But the point is, I'm good at organizing people and resources, and I'm an excellent networker (And my accent doesn't hurt lol--some Nigerians trip for foreign accents). I want to help. A real group, not one that meets every month and complains about things. I hate idle chatter. I endured enough of that at my tribal association meetings (before I became secretary lol).
hey madam..dt burning desire of urs has come at a wrong time..is it 2day dt u knw GEJ wil b d concensus candidate 4 PDP?? OR that he'l be an aspirant cOme FEB nxt year?? i think u'v bn away 4 so long and now u are forming activist shee?? wait til after 2015 elections, then begin that revolution of urs in time and u'l be amazed at d astounding following u'l get..til then, jst park well joor..
Re: President Jonathan Emerges PDP Consensus Presidential Candidate by nijanigga: 12:35am On Sep 16, 2014
The next thing is for GEJ to change the constitution for life presidency.It's coming.

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Emerges PDP Consensus Presidential Candidate by ayorins(m): 12:36am On Sep 16, 2014
chibc: shut your mouth already slave! All of them (both APC and PDP) are thieves! Is like your dad picks crumbs from Jona, that's why I wouldn't blame you, but you should be reading for your GCE exam, not to come here to yarn dust!

Broda, u can make son of man laff o
Re: President Jonathan Emerges PDP Consensus Presidential Candidate by synergycom19: 12:36am On Sep 16, 2014
GovWahala: It's GEJ till 2019, he's the best we got for now.
Same was said during OBASANJO third term bid

2 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Emerges PDP Consensus Presidential Candidate by chaloner(m): 12:39am On Sep 16, 2014
[size=60pt]JONATHAN TILL 2021 (6YR TENURE)[/size]

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: President Jonathan Emerges PDP Consensus Presidential Candidate by synergycom19: 12:40am On Sep 16, 2014
ayorins:

Na english be dis
It's called communication as long as you understand it
Re: President Jonathan Emerges PDP Consensus Presidential Candidate by EbirichBen(m): 12:43am On Sep 16, 2014
Well, I was just waiting for this moment. Nigerians are Great
Re: President Jonathan Emerges PDP Consensus Presidential Candidate by Nobody: 12:43am On Sep 16, 2014
MissMeiya:

This is my biggest problem with the electoral system in Nigeria. It is designed to maintain the status quo. It has literally never happened in Nigeria's democratic history.
Since the Democratic Party primaries of 1980, no sitting US President has been close to defeat in any primary.
In 2012, Obama garnered 84% of the vote. So I think it's more of a problem of the Presidential system of govt in general.

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Emerges PDP Consensus Presidential Candidate by Archimedes9(m): 12:44am On Sep 16, 2014
Am on ur back. D man of 2015
Re: President Jonathan Emerges PDP Consensus Presidential Candidate by searay(m): 12:45am On Sep 16, 2014
When I said GEJ till 2099, you guys never believe. Here it is.

2 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Emerges PDP Consensus Presidential Candidate by synergycom19: 12:47am On Sep 16, 2014
That was y' GEJ DASH BIKO HARAM OUR GLRIS
ALL WE ARE SAYING BRING BACK OUR GLRIS
Re: President Jonathan Emerges PDP Consensus Presidential Candidate by Ayatullah(m): 12:51am On Sep 16, 2014
datguru: This is not news naw . Were you expecting some one else ? undecided

FIXED

POLITICAL EARTHQUAKES ON THE WAY!

Definitely no serious follower of Nigeria politics expect someone else...............but a lot of Political earthquakes will follow the day he accepts to run for second term, the Political earthquakes will transform Nigeria politics beyond imagination.

Re: President Jonathan Emerges PDP Consensus Presidential Candidate by Everfrank(m): 12:53am On Sep 16, 2014
cwitch: • B-R-E-A-K-I-N-G News!!!
President Jonathan Emerges PDP Consensus Presidential Candidate.

The Leadership and Governors of the ruling Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) has unanimously adopted President Goodluck Jonathan as their presidential candidate in the February 14, 2015 election.

The party agreed on this in principle, as they claimed that no member of the party as at today has the chance to beat the opposition than President Jonathan.
They added that their main motive agreeing to Re-Elect President Goodluck Jonathan is to keep the PDP united as the party confronts the opposition in 2015.

One of the rumoured aspirants, Governor Sule Lamido's ambition has been shelved as the party believes that the Jigawa state chief executive has little chance against any of the APC Northern aspiring presidential candidates.
Party secretariat claimed that the governors baggage will ultimately undermine his chances at the polls.

PDP believes that President Goodluck Jonathan strategically delayed the date announcing date for his intention to run for the position of the President of Nigeria. - Hope For Nigeria.
-------------------------------------------------
Will you vote for him?
Source?
Re: President Jonathan Emerges PDP Consensus Presidential Candidate by Nobody: 1:02am On Sep 16, 2014
CFCfan:
Since the Democratic Party primaries of 1980, no sitting US President has been close to defeat in any primary.
In 2012, Obama garnered 84% of the vote. So I think it's more of a problem of the Presidential system of govt in general.

George H.W. Bush lost to Bill Clinton in 1992.

Jimmy Carter lost to Ronald Reagan in 1980.

Gerald Ford lost to Jimmy Carter in 1976.

Herbert Hoover lost to Franklin D. Roosevelt in 1932.

William Taft lost to Woodrow Wilson in 1912.

I never, ever mentioned primaries.

2 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Emerges PDP Consensus Presidential Candidate by pendusky(m): 1:05am On Sep 16, 2014

The Leadership and Governors of the ruling Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) has unanimously adopted President Goodluck Jonathan as their presidential candidate in the February 14, 2015 election.

The party agreed on this in principle, as they claimed that no member of the party as at today has the chance to beat the opposition than President Jonathan.
They added that their main motive agreeing to Re-Elect President Goodluck Jonathan is to keep the PDP united as the party confronts the opposition in 2015.

One of the rumoured aspirants, Governor Sule Lamido's ambition has been shelved as the party believes that the Jigawa state chief executive has little chance against any of the APC Northern aspiring presidential candidates.
Party secretariat claimed that the governors baggage will ultimately undermine his chances at the polls.

PDP believes that President Goodluck Jonathan strategically delayed the date announcing date for his intention to run for the position of the President of Nigeria. - Hope For Nigeria.
Will you vote for him?

OMG Sagamite will kill himself over these grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Emerges PDP Consensus Presidential Candidate by Nobody: 1:05am On Sep 16, 2014
MissMeiya:

George H.W. Bush lost to Bill Clinton in 1992.

Jimmy Carter lost to Ronald Reagan in 1980.

Gerald Ford lost to Jimmy Carter in 1976.

Herbert Hoover lost to Franklin D. Roosevelt in 1932.

William Taft lost to Woodrow Wilson in 1912.
These are general election losses. I was strictly referring to your point about primaries.

Nice history lesson though cool
Re: President Jonathan Emerges PDP Consensus Presidential Candidate by Nobody: 1:06am On Sep 16, 2014
CFCfan:
These are general election losses. I was strictly referring to your point about primaries.

Nice history lesson though cool

And why were you talking to me about primaries? Which "my point about primaries"?

Nice irrelevance though.

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Emerges PDP Consensus Presidential Candidate by Nobody: 1:08am On Sep 16, 2014
tchigofigo:
hey madam..dt burning desire of urs has come at a wrong time..is it 2day dt u knw GEJ wil b d concensus candidate 4 PDP?? OR that he'l be an aspirant cOme FEB nxt year?? i think u'v bn away 4 so long and now u are forming activist shee?? wait til after 2015 elections, then begin that revolution of urs in time and u'l be amazed at d astounding following u'l get..til then, jst park well joor..

You don't know anything about me. Clearly.
Re: President Jonathan Emerges PDP Consensus Presidential Candidate by Jman06(m): 1:09am On Sep 16, 2014
This is the most cheering news I have ever read on Nairaland. GEJ TILL 2019! Hip! Hip!! Hip!!! Hurrayyyyyy!
Re: President Jonathan Emerges PDP Consensus Presidential Candidate by Nobody: 1:09am On Sep 16, 2014
MissMeiya:

And why were you talking to me about primaries? Which "my point about primaries"?

Nice irrelevance though.
grin
My bad. I guess I misinterpreted your earlier post

You're right. It will probably take an act of God for an incumbent Nigerian president to lose an election.

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Emerges PDP Consensus Presidential Candidate by Nobody: 1:11am On Sep 16, 2014
CFCfan:
grin
My bad. I guess I misinterpreted your earlier post

You're right. It will probably take an act of God for an incumbent Nigerian president to lose an election.

I've been researching the procedure for presidential campaigning, out of curiosity. The opposition is literally forbidden to campaign until three months before the election. Act of God is right.
Re: President Jonathan Emerges PDP Consensus Presidential Candidate by Nobody: 1:17am On Sep 16, 2014
MissMeiya:

I've been researching the procedure for presidential campaigning, out of curiosity. The opposition is literally forbidden to campaign until three months before the election. Act of God is right.
Well, the rule in theory, applies to all Parties. But the TAN activists have obviously violated the rule with impunity.
Re: President Jonathan Emerges PDP Consensus Presidential Candidate by Nobody: 1:22am On Sep 16, 2014
CFCfan:
Well, the rule in theory, applies to all Parties. But the TAN activists have obviously violated the rule with impunity.

Not only them. Everyone around the world knows about the ridiculous television commercial that compared GEJ to Martin Luther King Jr. and Nelson Mandela, thanks to the Internet. Reuben Abati has been campaigning all year on Facebook and Twitter. With the dumbest pictures, I might add. I don't follow the fool, but his tweets end up on my timeline anyway. It's not possible to prevent a sitting president from campaigning. At all. Meanwhile, the challenging candidate has his/her legs tied until the end of the race. It's absurd.
Re: President Jonathan Emerges PDP Consensus Presidential Candidate by Aleshe20: 1:24am On Sep 16, 2014

Will you vote for him?
Chaaaai nigeria peoples are about to enter another vessel of gas, electricity, and water subsidy removal with the promotion of embezzlement by exchanging ministers in several times. GOD PLS INVETINE +LY.
Re: President Jonathan Emerges PDP Consensus Presidential Candidate by Nobody: 1:29am On Sep 16, 2014
My country is so sick... From the people down to leadership. This is a president that increased fuel price from N65 to N141 inflicting pains on the mmasses and causing inflation in the country. This is a man that has encouraged corruption in the country by stealing and allocating huge national resources to manage his kitchen and presidential jet. He has haboured and protected corrupt politicians in his government and has given the courage to corrupt Nigerians without been questioned (Petroleum minister & Stella who left against his will). This is a man that due to his inability to take decision and been always confused as a leader has lead to the growth of insurgency in the country of which thousands are now orphans and widows.(may be because your relative or yourself has not been blasted by bomb).. This is a man that goes about dancing after a serious national tragedy in the name of campaigning for his party. Clearly, this is somebody that is not capable of leading Nigeria as the country has recorded the highest level of atrocities under his reign. Think about the little chibok girls, the deaths occurring daily in the north for the fact that he is the President. I think it is time we Christians give power back to the north as it is injustice to have lead the country for 8 yrs under obasanjo and 6 years under Jonathan with just 3 years under yaradua whom is a true leader. put yourself in their position, how would you feel. trust me your will feel enslaved. Avoid sentiments and face the truth. I pity for the people that without thinking about their future and the future of their children go about posting GEJ till 2019 because of religion. I am a proud Christian and would not support GEJ because he is a Christian because I know our loving Jesus Christ would be happy having a good leader for us that would bring light unto his children irrespective of religion. Think about this.... and pray for a God given and fearing leader to govern us. GEJ is not worth it. Think about your future.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Jonathan Emerges PDP Consensus Presidential Candidate by hkidola00(m): 1:31am On Sep 16, 2014
untamed screwed up nuisance,wot av u done to our subsidy money,GOD wil catch all of u.isi ewu

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Pictures From Swearing In Ceremony Of Atiku Bagudu In Kebbi State / Bala Muhammad Abdulkadir Sworn In As The Governor Of Bauchi State; Pics / NLC Threatens Nationwide Strike Over Fuel Scarcity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.