Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,070 members, 7,818,196 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:02 AM

FG And NMA Agree On September 22nd resumption date for schools!!! - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / FG And NMA Agree On September 22nd resumption date for schools!!! (17123 Views)

Obafemi Awolowo University Resumption date: 10th January 2016 / No Holiday For Schools During Elections –shekarau / A Call On The Fg And Nuc To Close Down Madonna University Okija (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG And NMA Agree On September 22nd resumption date for schools!!! by Tomjazzy2: 9:03am On Sep 16, 2014
candy:
Yea, most of them don't realise how vulnerable kids are. Adults can protect themselves, they can avoid having contacts with people;chidren can't.

My children are set for school if 22nd stands, even though I wish I could home-school them. God who brought Nigeria this far in this ebola fight will see us all through. Our children will not fall victims in Jesus name. It is well.
well said ma'am
Re: FG And NMA Agree On September 22nd resumption date for schools!!! by Nobody: 9:05am On Sep 16, 2014
MabraO:

Guess u feeling better now
U ehn
Anyways till we meet for there before I go tackle u?
Lol. Abeg no kill me o.
Re: FG And NMA Agree On September 22nd resumption date for schools!!! by nifton(m): 9:06am On Sep 16, 2014
Government shud tnk dem for obliging even tho they av no option.
Re: FG And NMA Agree On September 22nd resumption date for schools!!! by MabraO: 9:07am On Sep 16, 2014
FrankySnow: Lol. Abeg no kill me o.

Lolgrin
Y should i kill my babie NEVER
Re: FG And NMA Agree On September 22nd resumption date for schools!!! by Nobody: 9:14am On Sep 16, 2014
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Afrocatalyst: Go back to school Nigerians. Why don't you stop churches and parties too? Educationally backward country always looking for alibis to evade education.
Re: FG And NMA Agree On September 22nd resumption date for schools!!! by searay(m): 9:49am On Sep 16, 2014
darlingnuel: The closure is restricted to primary and secondary schools because 'children' may not be as hygiene conscious as adults. So the only way to contain or prevent possible disease spread among them is by 'intercepting' their meeting point: the school. A kid may have had contact with a carrier of the virus wherever he/she lives and then returns to school to spread it to other unsuspecting wards!
Re: FG And NMA Agree On September 22nd resumption date for schools!!! by Nobody: 10:03am On Sep 16, 2014
the FG should be sensitive! ebola aint no joke!

Re: FG And NMA Agree On September 22nd resumption date for schools!!! by suzanntui(f): 10:11am On Sep 16, 2014
Its going to be really risky ooo especially for the Lagos students anyway there is God!! We can't keep children @ work because of ebola and their brains will become dormant
Re: FG And NMA Agree On September 22nd resumption date for schools!!! by rezzy: 11:26am On Sep 16, 2014
mathss33:
GET AIRTEL 20GB @ N-A-I-J-A-F-A-P-P-E-R.C-O-M

Nothing dey that site
Re: FG And NMA Agree On September 22nd resumption date for schools!!! by lawrenceunaa: 11:48am On Sep 16, 2014
i hope say 'schools' as mentioned didn't include universities. Last year na ASUU strike this year na Ebola. Abeg make children resume and make their uniforms with latex (cond*m material)
Re: FG And NMA Agree On September 22nd resumption date for schools!!! by fairheven: 1:38pm On Sep 16, 2014
The panic been created by this Ebola is totally uncalled-for.
Can someone suddenly develop Ebola without been with a" primary or secondary contact,"so how can the children suddenly develop Ebola?(Ebolaa is not headache or malaria naa) wt is needed is to create a hygienic environment for the kidds.
I mean,wt about pple been in crowded buses,going to churches an mosques,attending campaign rallies...have they all contacted Ebola?an wt if this whole tin drags on till next five years...u Mean the kidds wud still be at home?pple are dying more from malaria an we haven't preventd it yet
Re: FG And NMA Agree On September 22nd resumption date for schools!!! by IYANGBALI: 4:12pm On Sep 16, 2014
This resumption date no favour me o, na January 22 2015 be the best date jo
Re: FG And NMA Agree On September 22nd resumption date for schools!!! by samgborigi1(m): 6:06pm On Sep 16, 2014
I wonder too! We need to really make sure that our country is totally clean. Also, there should be adequate preparation on the part of the school owners and heads. Seminars should be organised for Proprietors and teachers on how to prevent such occurence. What about adequate measures at our Airport and porous borders. Government ought to settle all these before announcing the resumption of schools.
Re: FG And NMA Agree On September 22nd resumption date for schools!!! by lastpage: 12:24am On Sep 17, 2014
korel9: Nigerians need not to worry nah.

Since d outbreak in W/Africa, we remain d only country to have contained it without Zmapp;
Afterall we have the Nano Silver, Bitter Kola, Salt solution, and now Ewedu soup grin grin grin so fear not.

Let the schools resume - God will watch over our kids join (Amen).

God is not a God of foolishness!
"Heaven" only helps those that help themselves FIRST!

We are pushing our Luck too far!
"OLUWAGBEMI that is using cobwebs to climb Palm tree will soon realize that he is pushing his luck too far"!

I say we will hold Fashola and Jonathan responsible for avoidable deaths, if this country relapse into wide-scale infection in the next four weeks.

Statistics, especially for a country with such porous borders and bad facilities, point in only one direction: CAUTION! CAUTION!! CAUTION!!!
These children will not die if they stay at home for another MONTH..... but if just ONE of them is infected in a School, we are looking at over a Thousand DEATHS, not just within the school but within the wider populace.

PREVENTION IS ALWAYS BETTER THAN CURE!

I know the GREED of all those involved in this decision making will not allow common sense to prevail but l enjoin each family to make a wise decision, KEEP YOUR CHILDREN AT HOME FOR THE NEXT FOUR WEEKS AT LEAST!

WAIT AND SEE HOW THINGS PAN OUT FIRST, LIFE HAS NO DUPLICATE O!

Just my 10cents.

Lastpage!
Re: FG And NMA Agree On September 22nd resumption date for schools!!! by SEYIOKE: 7:54am On Sep 17, 2014
sunnedee:

In naija? Those private schools that are after only money?

Or those public schools that are not properly funded?

If I were those parents my kids ain't going anywhere till I am sure the virus poo has been eradicated....
until u become a parent, maybe then ur words can sound reasonable. The children u are keeping from Ebola are seen in churches, mosques and playing centres around d town. In local environment, you will need to see them in groups on d street doing different 'rough' games. So, why is it dAt d school is d only place EVD is waiting for dem?
Re: FG And NMA Agree On September 22nd resumption date for schools!!! by SEYIOKE: 8:00am On Sep 17, 2014
samgborigi1: I wonder too! We need to really make sure that our country is totally clean. Also, there should be adequate preparation on the part of the school owners and heads. Seminars should be organised for Proprietors and teachers on how to prevent such occurence. What about adequate measures at our Airport and porous borders. Government ought to settle all these before announcing the resumption of schools.
how and when will our country be totally free if there will still be influx of pple into d country even in d next 4 weeks
Re: FG And NMA Agree On September 22nd resumption date for schools!!! by sunnedee: 10:06am On Sep 17, 2014
SEYIOKE: until u become a parent, maybe then ur words can sound reasonable. The children u are keeping from Ebola are seen in churches, mosques and playing centres around d town. In local environment, you will need to see them in groups on d street doing different 'rough' games. So, why is it dAt d school is d only place EVD is waiting for dem?

Are you a parent? if yes, then we can continue discussing this... If not.. E.O.D.

P.S.: Stop the veiled insults...

1 Like

Re: FG And NMA Agree On September 22nd resumption date for schools!!! by Leo81(m): 10:30am On Sep 17, 2014
zenith4biz: Corper shun.............. Work Don start niyen Kano dubi giwa
are u still serving in the North?me i redeployed sharp! Sharp!!
Re: FG And NMA Agree On September 22nd resumption date for schools!!! by zenith4biz(m): 11:17am On Sep 17, 2014
Leo81: are u still serving in the North?me i redeployed sharp! Sharp!!
Oga I dey Kano sweet die the best place to be but not for ja'ye ja'ye ow
Re: FG And NMA Agree On September 22nd resumption date for schools!!! by Keziah100: 9:57am On Sep 18, 2014
kristisking: Why was only primary and secondary schools affected when we all know ebola has no respecta of anybody young or old?It would have made sense if all places usually visited by children were closed.Tertiary institutions will not be spared either
Good points.
Re: FG And NMA Agree On September 22nd resumption date for schools!!! by Ovamboland(m): 1:48am On Sep 20, 2014
lastpage:

God is not a God of foolishness!
"Heaven" only helps those that help themselves FIRST!

We are pushing our Luck too far!
"OLUWAGBEMI that is using cobwebs to climb Palm tree will soon realize that he is pushing his luck too far"!

I say we will hold Fashola and Jonathan responsible for avoidable deaths, if this country relapse into wide-scale infection in the next four weeks.

Statistics, especially for a country with such porous borders and bad facilities, point in only one direction: CAUTION! CAUTION!! CAUTION!!!
These children will not die if they stay at home for another MONTH..... but if just ONE of them is infected in a School, we are looking at over a Thousand DEATHS, not just within the school but within the wider populace.

PREVENTION IS ALWAYS BETTER THAN CURE!

I know the GREED of all those involved in this decision making will not allow common sense to prevail but l enjoin each family to make a wise decision, KEEP YOUR CHILDREN AT HOME FOR THE NEXT FOUR WEEKS AT LEAST!

WAIT AND SEE HOW THINGS PAN OUT FIRST, LIFE HAS NO DUPLICATE O!

Just my 10cents.

Lastpage!

Unfortunately,it will be too late by then. Prevention is the only way for now. If you read the stories of the survivors and you have kids,you will feel the vibe more. Kids don't like taking ORS and ORS is a major for survival.
I'm so sorry for our country....come to think of it,I understand why the private schools will agitate for resumption but the government should be the one to help them. They can release zero interest grants through the CBN-Commercial banks,so that salaries can be paid all through this period,they can also intervene through CBN for interest free periods until school resumes. So many things are possible but rather...$9.3 billion is being smuggled out.....God help us.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

#EndSARS: Ondo, Oyo, Ekiti Shut Down Schools / Unizik 2017 - 2018 Cutoff Mark And Catchment Area / WHO Internhip Programe 2018 (west African Inclusive)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.