Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,564 members, 7,812,829 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:09 PM

Should I Buy A Nigerian Used Or Tokunbo - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Should I Buy A Nigerian Used Or Tokunbo (2655 Views)

Brand New Renault Duster SUV Or Tokunbo 2012 Model RAV4 SUV? / 2012 New Hyndai Elantra Or Tokunbo 2005 Toyota Avalon, Which Should One Go For / My Nissan Armada Gear Has Problem: New or Tokunbo which is better (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should I Buy A Nigerian Used Or Tokunbo by clementcro(m): 9:55pm On Sep 15, 2014
Hi, everybody, I have like 1m, and I want to buy a nissan Maxima 04-06, I have seen toks going for 1.1 and 1.2, I have also seen nigerian used going for 1.150, Now I am confused, which one should I go for?

I am even afraid of Nigerian used based on what a brother of mine has experience on buying nigerian used car.

Advice please
Re: Should I Buy A Nigerian Used Or Tokunbo by erico2k2(m): 9:58pm On Sep 15, 2014
clementcro: Hi, everybody, I have like 1m, and I want to buy a nissan Maxima 04-06, I have seen toks going for 1.1 and 1.2, I have also seen nigerian used going for 1.150, Now I am confused, which one should I go for?

I am even afraid of Nigerian used based on what a brother of mine has experience on buying nigerian used car.

Advice please
Hmm,I would rather you buy used direct from the USA, that should get you a toyota camry 2001

1 Like

Re: Should I Buy A Nigerian Used Or Tokunbo by clementcro(m): 10:05pm On Sep 15, 2014
Thanks bro but it is maxima that I like

1 Like

Re: Should I Buy A Nigerian Used Or Tokunbo by Nobody: 10:49pm On Sep 15, 2014
erico2k2:
Hmm,I would rather you buy used direct from the USA, that should get you a toyota camry 2001
every time camry. Have you thought of how boring this 21st century will be with toyota camry as the only car make?

6 Likes

Re: Should I Buy A Nigerian Used Or Tokunbo by nurey(m): 7:14am On Sep 16, 2014
clementcro: Hi, everybody, I have like 1m, and I want to buy a nissan Maxima 04-06, I have seen toks going for 1.1 and 1.2, I have also seen nigerian used going for 1.150, Now I am confused, which one should I go for?

Advice please

As I have been following this section a long time, don't ever buy a nissan esp altima and maxima Nigerian used. Also buy the 2.5L not 3.5L, try to talk to nisspart he is the expert on nissan cars

1 Like

Re: Should I Buy A Nigerian Used Or Tokunbo by clementcro(m): 8:49am On Sep 16, 2014
nurey:
As I have been following this section a long time, don't ever buy a nissan esp altima and maxima Nigerian used. Also buy the 2.5L not 3.5L, try to talk to nisspart he is the expert on nissan cars

Thanks Nurey, why did you say i should not buy 3.5L, and why did you say i should not buy nigerian used? I would appreciate if you shed more light on this for me.

Thanks
Re: Should I Buy A Nigerian Used Or Tokunbo by nurey(m): 11:12am On Sep 16, 2014
clementcro:

Thanks Nurey, why did you say i should not buy 3.5L, and why did you say i should not buy nigerian used? I would appreciate if you shed more light on this for me.

Thanks

Most Nigerian used will have an hidden fault there which cannot be easily detected. 2.5 is inline 4 cylinder while the 3.5 is v6 those mecho they fear V6 engine, I am sure you don't care about fueling cause na big boy dey buy Nissan.
Re: Should I Buy A Nigerian Used Or Tokunbo by erico2k2(m): 5:01pm On Sep 17, 2014
Bossforeva: every time camry. Have you thought of how boring this 21st century will be with toyota camry as the only car make?
Asper his budget
Re: Should I Buy A Nigerian Used Or Tokunbo by Nobody: 5:18pm On Sep 17, 2014
erico2k2:
Asper his budget
No! Asper Overhype
Re: Should I Buy A Nigerian Used Or Tokunbo by abatically(m): 7:22pm On Sep 17, 2014
nurey:

Where did u ever see a 2004 nissan maxima with 2.5L i4? They all com with 3.5L v6. Also op I don't think that budget will get u a tokunbo 04 -06 maxima unless it's salvaged. Overall it is a solid car with sports feel, very fast, good interiors and lots of gadgets, Bose stereo with subwoofers.

It is better to buy tokunbo than naija used ( it is always better to buy tokunbo for all cars) especially the maxima with lots of electronics.

1 Like

Re: Should I Buy A Nigerian Used Or Tokunbo by Ikenna351(m): 7:26pm On Sep 17, 2014
Bossforeva: every time camry. Have you thought of how boring this 21st century will be with toyota camry as the only car make?

Lol!

Someone in this section said this recently, "Some peoples life start and end with Toyota".

Its all about the "Mind Virus" thing with Nigerians.

Ikenna

1 Like

Re: Should I Buy A Nigerian Used Or Tokunbo by Nobody: 8:02pm On Sep 17, 2014

Advice please

OP, stick to your guns, it's your money so buy whatever car will make you feel pride of ownership.

Personally I would buy a recently, very recently, imported vehicle that has not gone through the rigors of our roads in Nigeria. If anyone wants to put it through the rigors then it should be you.

Example. I have a driver that I use occasionally when at home. We have differing opinion son navigating bumps. He feels that he should just drive fast through it as opposed to my style when I'm driving of taking it slowly and navigating the potholes etc.

Trust me, you don't want to buy his Nigerian used vehicle unless you are prepared to do a full rebuild of the suspension.

The Maxima is a very good vehicle, Ive cycled one through the fleet. I take issue with it being a front wheel drive though but that's my own personal thing. I prefer RWD.

That all being said this may be a reading of interest for you http://topclassactions.com/lawsuit-settlements/lawsuit-news/1571-nissan-transmission-defect-class-action-lawsuit/
Re: Should I Buy A Nigerian Used Or Tokunbo by erico2k2(m): 9:05am On Sep 18, 2014
Bossforeva: No! Asper Overhype
you recon? well as per his Budget, he cant start ordering parts from the states so hence I said stick to the Jap cars, I don't drive a Jap car, Im strictly Eu and US but one has to face reality here .Talking about Boring, have you seen the cars driven in Cuba?
Re: Should I Buy A Nigerian Used Or Tokunbo by donlet(m): 7:28am On Jul 25, 2021
clementcro:
Hi, everybody, I have like 1m, and I want to buy a nissan Maxima 04-06, I have seen toks going for 1.1 and 1.2, I have also seen nigerian used going for 1.150, Now I am confused, which one should I go for?

Advice please

A bad Naija used car can cause you high BP and hyper tension and the intial cost might make it look attractive. What you will later spend on it might be 2 or 3 times the price of a tokunbo car.

A car is suppose to give you comfort and must be fun to ride, take you from place to place without fear of break down or disgrace.

There is way you can import tokunbo cars by your save and save like 500k on the cost of the vehicle.

i will recommend you click on the link below to know more

https://www.autonaijahub.com.ng/

(1) (Reply)

Am Considern A Car 4 Long Distance Travel,rugged,balanced @ Top Speed,advice PLS / 2016 Mercedes-amg GT . The MERC. Super Car / Ac Blowing Hot After Battery Replaced

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.