Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,775 members, 7,817,171 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:41 AM

From Christianity To Deism And Back - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / From Christianity To Deism And Back (4224 Views)

7 Satanic Strategies To Distract Man From Christianity / The Reasons People Convert From Christianity To Islam / Notable Western Converts From Christianity To Islam. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: From Christianity To Deism And Back by Nobody: 11:32am On Sep 25, 2014
UyiIredia:

@ bolded: It has always been to an extent, that doesn't make it less true though.

How do you determine what is true from different subjective notions?

Subjective reasoning as regards Religion is what has made the world a war zone, as it is.
Re: From Christianity To Deism And Back by asalimpo(m): 11:48am On Sep 25, 2014
Oduduwaboy: Uyi !!! i missed you here!!!
So how is church?
Atheists have no business preaching to anyone to de- convert; choose your path as reason serves you. One thing i know though, is that, you can no more be a true christian because you tend to apply reason to issues a lot while christianity is about total faith which is a total denial of reason. Its still a lose-lose situation for you because according to the bible you will most likely still find yourself in hell-fire! am sorry but that is the truth.
a true christian doesnt think?! - where dyu get ur bullcrap from?
Re: From Christianity To Deism And Back by UyiIredia(m): 3:47pm On Sep 26, 2014
masonkz:

How do you determine what is true from different subjective notions?

Subjective reasoning as regards Religion is what has made the world a war zone, as it is.
Science is what made the tools of war in the first place; in any case, I wouldn't answer your question. I will only repeat my stance that a belief in the subjectivity of truth makes the notion empty. For example, it would mean atheism and theism can both be correct; that's silly.
Re: From Christianity To Deism And Back by Nobody: 10:35pm On Sep 26, 2014
UyiIredia: Science is what made the tools of war in the first place; in any case, I wouldn't answer your question. I will only repeat my stance that a belief in the subjectivity of truth makes the notion empty. For example, it would mean atheism and theism can both be correct; that's silly.

The tools for war and the drive behind the war are two different things. The drive comes before the tools.

@bold, Ok.
Re: From Christianity To Deism And Back by UyiIredia(m): 10:51pm On Sep 26, 2014
masonkz:

The tools for war and the drive behind the war are two different things. The drive comes before the tools.

@bold, Ok.
And will you pretend that atheism, at least, can't be a drive for war? There's nothing about atheists and atheism that separates them from such. The moment they start doing that (and some do) they become hypocritical. And don't give me the 'atheism isn't a belief' line, there's a clear desire to rid the world of religion. That in itself is grounds for conflict.
Re: From Christianity To Deism And Back by Nobody: 10:59pm On Sep 26, 2014
UyiIredia: And will you pretend that atheism, at least, can't be a drive for war?[b][/b] There's nothing about atheists and atheism that separates them from such. The moment they start doing that (and some do) they become hypocritical. And don't give me the 'atheism isn't a belief' line, there's a clear desire to rid the world of religion. That in itself is grounds for conflict.

I'm talking about reality.

"Can be" and "Is" are two different things.

I'm not an atheist.
Re: From Christianity To Deism And Back by UyiIredia(m): 11:17pm On Sep 26, 2014
masonkz:

I'm talking about reality.

"Can be" and "Is" are two different things.

I'm not an atheist.

I never said you were atheist. I pointed that out because you were antagonizing religion. I find the argument isolating religions as the cause of wars to be naive. Although religion has been the cause of certain wars as is clear from Islamic terrorism, we know there are other reasons such as pure ambition as was Hitler's, or financial gains.

Now, it's true that the drive for war outweighs the tools but used but one can't pretend that one can fight wars to gain profits in terms of that which science makes. People can fight wars because of greed for material things. Why not remove science for that ? People still kill for land, or for love, does that make both evil?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: From Christianity To Deism And Back by DunceNLMods: 5:01am On Jul 16, 2017

I read your previous post. Just be careful how much attention you pay to voices in your head. No matter how real they sound.

I became a Christian as a result of a similar experience. Prior to that, I had never experienced such and it made me feel kinda special. I was agnostic for a long time hoping to 'hear' that voice again. Pointless and futile task. You've studied and read too much to be a regular Christian. You need Christianity to make sense, but it never will, Uyi. No matter how clever the apologists you read may sound, the Bible still remains a huge stumbling block to those who describe God as a fair and loving one.

Better be true to your convictions than be a hypocrite. My opinion anyways.

Bump!
Re: From Christianity To Deism And Back by UyiIredi(m): 5:30am On Jul 16, 2017
Uyi, what exactly are you doing? Where is the man in you?

Searching. The issue is the boat on which one searches. Another reply will give more context to conversion to Christianity and why it didn't stick as I answered and you rightly noted. As at that time though, I doubted you. Not entirely.
Re: From Christianity To Deism And Back by hopefulLandlord: 8:23am On Jul 16, 2017
UyiIredi:

Searching. The issue is the boat on which one searches. Another reply will give more context to conversion to.Christoanity and why it didn't stick as I answered and you rightly noted. As at that time though, I doubted you. Not entirely.

are you still a Christian?
Re: From Christianity To Deism And Back by shadeyinka(m): 8:38am On Jul 16, 2017
FOLYKAZE:
I will like to ask Uyi, why did you choose to return to christianity and not Islam?

...because Islam is an imitation!
Re: From Christianity To Deism And Back by shadeyinka(m): 9:07am On Jul 16, 2017
UyiIredia:
If I didn't do you think what I experienced would have been enough to change my mind? I find this question insulting. You trivialize my change of mind whether you intend to or not. I recall stating that there where things I wouldn't state because they are personal (that includes the soul-searching I did),
Hi OP,
I still find it intriguing as to :
Why Atheists bother especially about Christianity.

Why should I bother about a group of people who believe that Santa Clause is real. Why spend endless days looking for how to prove Santa is a figment of imagination. For me, a single dose of argument is enough and Ibwill leave them to do better things. Except if Atheists arguments are not just to win but to justify their own position that they have chosen the right path.

Christians will say that Atheism is an aspect of satanism (anti God/alternative God) and l think it makes sense. Why these struggle for your soul?

I guess Nobody was really speaking the truth here:
@mizmycoli this is religion section. We login to fight here. We desecrate holy temples, exhaust the spirits of reason and logic with tired arguments. We slay all who believe in the other. Satanists, agnostics, paganatheists, confusians, atheists, catholics, bornagainsts, we dont care. We fight. That's all we know.

And Lucifer help us, if the day ever comes when we all live in peace, when satanists share holy communion with the christians at the lord's table, when agnostics finally pick a side, when pagans and muslims share a glass of wine......

So, you see, beyond the surface, there is a sinister objective...when ALL the world belong to Lucifer!
Re: From Christianity To Deism And Back by UyiIredi(m): 4:29pm On Jul 16, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

are you still a Christian?

No. I am a deist. But I vacillate precisely because I have a mental illness linked with this philosophical stuff. I think some time I will have to explore that topic.
Re: From Christianity To Deism And Back by hopefulLandlord: 6:47pm On Jul 16, 2017
UyiIredi:

No. I am a deist. But I vacillate precisely because I have a mental illness linked with this philosophical stuff. I think some time I will have to explore that topic.

okay, fair enough

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Purpose Of Human Existence? / The Sins (or Crimes) Of Jesus / The Just Shall Live By Faith.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.