Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,738 members, 7,817,033 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:03 AM

Transferring From One Nigerian Federal University To Another. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Transferring From One Nigerian Federal University To Another. (10197 Views)

10 Year Old Nigerian Girl Accepted In Uk University To Study Maths Degree / Nigerian Federal Government BEA Scholarship Awards For The Year 2014/2015 / Nigerian Federal Government BEA Scholarship Awards For The Year 2013/2014 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Transferring From One Nigerian Federal University To Another. by RaphaellaDD(f): 12:01am On Sep 17, 2014
Hello y'all. Please I'd like to know how I can transfer from one federal uni to another. In particular, I want to transfer from UNICAL to UNILAG and I need help and advice from anyone who has successfully completed a transfer before. Thanks.
Re: Transferring From One Nigerian Federal University To Another. by RaphaellaDD(f): 12:34am On Sep 17, 2014
Please don't view the topic and run oh, help a female out. cry
Re: Transferring From One Nigerian Federal University To Another. by Nobody: 6:26am On Sep 17, 2014
RaphaellaDD: Hello y'all. Please I'd like to know how I can transfer from one federal uni to another. In particular, I want to transfer from UNICAL to UNILAG and I need help and advice from anyone who has successfully completed a transfer before. Thanks.
only few schools in nigeria allow inter-university transfer admission.
OAU,UI,UNN,LAUTECH and some private unis check out the three federal unis i listed,i don't think UNILAG accept transfer admission.
Re: Transferring From One Nigerian Federal University To Another. by Karleb(m): 8:03am On Sep 17, 2014
Kasynpaulsyn1997: only few schools in nigeria allow inter-university transfer admission.
OAU,UI,UNN,LAUTECH and some private unis check out the three federal unis i listed,i don't think UNILAG accept transfer admission.

You forgot to add Unilorin and Futa, you can check out those schools site forore details.
Re: Transferring From One Nigerian Federal University To Another. by Nobody: 8:38am On Sep 17, 2014
Karleb:

You forgot to add Unilorin and Futa, you can check out those schools site forore details.
yea yea yea yea! UNILORIN..... But @Op,no school will admit you beyond 200l and your C.G.P.A must be very strong enough also be ready to continue with course you are studying in unical and your UTME score is also required as in if u scored 180 and the cut off for the uni u finally choosed was 200 then its not possible. And other departmental requirements cos it varies.....
Re: Transferring From One Nigerian Federal University To Another. by DrMrsNgozi: 2:40pm On Sep 17, 2014
RaphaellaDD: Hello y'all. Please I'd like to know how I can transfer from one federal uni to another. In particular, I want to transfer from UNICAL to UNILAG and I need help and advice from anyone who has successfully completed a transfer before. Thanks.

My dear, it's not an advisible move. U might not know this but first, you need to write to your school your intentions of transferring, they will of course grant your move but will first withheld your admission, this means that you are no longer a student there.

Then you make an application to your dream institution on your desire to be admitted.

Now, do you know that if your request is not granted, you can only return to your formal as a fresher and not to continue as an undergraduate?
#justanadvice
Re: Transferring From One Nigerian Federal University To Another. by RaphaellaDD(f): 10:10pm On Sep 17, 2014
Kasynpaulsyn1997: only few schools in nigeria allow inter-university transfer admission.

Thanks a lot for your input.
Re: Transferring From One Nigerian Federal University To Another. by RaphaellaDD(f): 10:10pm On Sep 17, 2014
DrMrsNgozi:

My dear, it's not an advisible move. U might not know this but first, you need to write to your school your intentions of transferring, they will of course grant your move but will first withheld your admission, this means that you are no longer a student there.

Then you make an application to your dream institution on your desire to be admitted.

Now, do you know that if your request is not granted, you can only return to your formal as a fresher and not to continue as an undergraduate?
#justanadvice

I didn't consider that. Thank you so much.
Re: Transferring From One Nigerian Federal University To Another. by Capableben(m): 10:35am On Sep 19, 2014
I wanna do this too....Wanna change to OAU OAU....... ANYone to help out
Re: Transferring From One Nigerian Federal University To Another. by josite: 7:23pm On Oct 01, 2014

do u still want to transfer from unical to unilag.i may be able to help u.get me on 08027345419
Re: Transferring From One Nigerian Federal University To Another. by peirson5: 1:42am On Oct 25, 2019
RaphaellaDD:
Hello y'all. Please I'd like to know how I can transfer from one federal uni to another. In particular, I want to transfer from UNICAL to UNILAG and I need help and advice from anyone who has successfully completed a transfer before. Thanks.

Hello, 5 year huh. Was the transfer successful?

1 Like

Re: Transferring From One Nigerian Federal University To Another. by RaphaellaDD(f): 1:49am On Oct 25, 2019
peirson5:

Hello, 5 year huh. Was the transfer successful?

I was advised not to go ahead with it because of the terrible systems we have in Nigeria.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Transferring From One Nigerian Federal University To Another. by peirson5: 9:04am On Oct 27, 2019
RaphaellaDD:

I was advised not to go ahead with it because of the terrible systems we have in Nigeria.

Oh. I'm sure no regrets then. Its possible though. I know of 2, one successful and the other unsuccessful. Both from Unimaid to to UI.

Thanks for the reply.
Cheers

1 Like

Re: Transferring From One Nigerian Federal University To Another. by RaphaellaDD(f): 9:48am On Oct 27, 2019
peirson5:

Oh. I'm sure no regrets then. Its possible though. I know of 2, one successful and the other unsuccessful. Both from Unimaid to to UI.

Thanks for the reply.
Cheers

No regrets on this side. smiley Have a nice day!

1 Like

Re: Transferring From One Nigerian Federal University To Another. by edoairways: 11:50am On Oct 27, 2019
RaphaellaDD:

No regrets on this side. smiley Have a nice day!
Have you graduated?

1 Like

Re: Transferring From One Nigerian Federal University To Another. by RaphaellaDD(f): 11:53am On Oct 27, 2019
edoairways:

Have you graduated?

Yes, I graduated last year.
Re: Transferring From One Nigerian Federal University To Another. by Prebeluv(f): 6:08pm On Dec 26, 2019
is it possible to transfer from state to federal?
Re: Transferring From One Nigerian Federal University To Another. by ifex370(m): 7:27am On Aug 02, 2021
Is it possible to transfer from foreign to Nigerian private?

(1) (Reply)

LAUTECH Management, Students Resume As Lecturers Continue Strike / ASUU Strike: Claims Of N350,000, N500,000 Tuition Fees Untrue— Fg / ASUU Postpones Decision On Strike, Accuses FG Of Blackmail

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.