Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,291 members, 7,815,507 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:39 PM

The Al-sunna In My House - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / The Al-sunna In My House (1358 Views)

Sunna For Life (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Al-sunna In My House by prettysheila(f): 8:58am On Sep 17, 2014
Plz o.y is it dat the Al-sunna Alfas always want pple to join there group by force.The funniest tin is dat d Al-sunna Alfa in my house is worst,he always want my younger brother to dress d way he dresses by force.plz wat is d position of Islam on dat? Plz b sincere o
Re: The Al-sunna In My House by curiouses: 6:00pm On Oct 10, 2014
prettysheila:
Plz o.y is it dat the Al-sunna Alfas always want pple to join there group by force.The funniest tin is dat d Al-sunna Alfa in my house is worst,he always want my younger brother to dress d way he dresses by force.plz wat is d position of Islam on dat? Plz b sincere o

Allah says: “Let there be no compulsion in religion.
Truth has been made clear from error. Whoever rejects false worship and believes in Allah has
grasped the most trustworthy handhold that never
breaks. And Allah hears and knows all things.” [Sûrah al-Baqarah: 256]

It is your brother's choice to choose whatever pleases him. The duty of the Alfa is to establish establish the proof of Islam to the people so that truth can be made clear from falsehood.
Re: The Al-sunna In My House by dragnet: 8:30am On Oct 11, 2014
prettysheila:

they are not forcing him to join any group, they're trying to save him from the fire and give him the opportunity to see the face of his lord !

The Prophet said: "The part of an izhaar (garment) which hangs below the ankles is in the Fire.....(Saheeh al-Bukhtri V 7, Hadeeth# 678)

The Prophet on one occasion he said to Sufyaan bin Sahl:
"O Sufyaan bin Sahli Do not lower your garment below your ankles because [size=18pt]Allaah does not love the. Musbileen[/size] (those who lower their
lower garments below their ankles)......(Saheeh Sunnan Ibn Maajah, by Shaykh AI·Albaanee, # 2876)

"Ibn 'Umar .. said that: "The Prophet said, 'The one who trails his Thobe out of conceit, [size=18pt]Allaah will not look at him on the Day of Judgment.[/size]"

3 Likes

Re: The Al-sunna In My House by dragnet: 9:56am On Oct 11, 2014
prettysheila:

if it were Dangote or Mike Adenuga that were trying to force your bro to be a billionaire, would you seek a second opinion? #reflect

1 Like

Re: The Al-sunna In My House by Rilwayne001: 12:59pm On Oct 11, 2014
dragnet:

they are not forcing him to join any group, they're trying to save him from the fire and give him the opportunity to see the face of his lord !

The Prophet said: "The part of an izhaar (garment) which hangs below the ankles is in the Fire.....(Saheeh al-Bukhtri V 7, Hadeeth# 678)

The Prophet on one occasion he said to Sufyaan bin Sahl:
"O Sufyaan bin Sahli Do not lower your garment below your ankles because [size=18pt]Allaah does not love the. Musbileen[/size] (those who lower their
lower garments below their ankles)......(Saheeh Sunnan Ibn Maajah, by Shaykh AI·Albaanee, # 2876)

"Ibn 'Umar .. said that: "The Prophet said, 'The one who trails his Thobe out of conceit, [size=18pt]Allaah will not look at him on the Day of Judgment.[/size]"

Hmm
Re: The Al-sunna In My House by ZhulFiqar: 1:38pm On Oct 11, 2014
dragnet:

dont "save" anyone from the fire...instead try for yourself to get paradise. this mentiality, where often times, hypocrites want to "save" others from the fire while they are not sure of themselves gaining paradise is what has put the world on fire.

the young man doesn't have to dress as his alfa does, as far as his mode of dressing is modest (properly covering himself).
Re: The Al-sunna In My House by kazlaw2000: 3:07pm On Oct 11, 2014
He should seek for other learned opinions and not limit himself to whatever the Alfa says.
Re: The Al-sunna In My House by Abdulsalam20(m): 10:47pm On Oct 11, 2014
in the first place you didnt clarify your self well........
is the dressing of you brother a proper one?
is your brother the type that SAG/ZAG his trouser?
is he the type that put on cloth that expose his body? eg slim fit that you wont be able to tighten your button well?
is your brother the type that his trouser is touching ground because the prophet says our trouser should not extend beyond our ankle
is your brother the type that put on singlet and boxers around the compund and the streeet...........

THAT IS WHY IT IS GOOD TO LEARN ABOUT YOUR DEEN......BEAUSE ISLAM IS A BEAUTIFUL RELIGION

1 Like

Re: The Al-sunna In My House by bintalabi(f): 9:54pm On Oct 12, 2014
Dear sister, from your own point of view what are the things you considered a wrong doing from the Alisunnah Alfa or Alisunnah in general because i believe you aren't Ali-biddiah yourself
Re: The Al-sunna In My House by dragnet: 8:25am On Oct 13, 2014
ZhulFiqar:

dont "save" anyone from the fire...instead try for yourself to get paradise. this mentiality, where often times, hypocrites want to "save" others from the fire while they are not sure of themselves gaining paradise is what has put the world on fire.

the young man doesn't have to dress as his alfa does, as far as his mode of dressing is modest (properly covering himself).

though I've resorted not to reply your likes due to your mischievous attitudes, but in response to the above, I'll give you a verse from the Qur'aan.

O you who believe! Ward off from yourselves and your families a Fire (Hell) whose fuel is men and stones, over which are (appointed) angels stern (and) severe, who disobey not, (from executing) the Commands they receive from Allâh, but do that which they are commanded.

so do you tell men to disobey this order from Allaah?
Re: The Al-sunna In My House by dragnet: 8:34am On Oct 13, 2014
Rilwayne001:

Hmm

that's what the Prophet said...
Re: The Al-sunna In My House by ZhulFiqar: 10:11am On Oct 13, 2014
dragnet:

though I've resorted not to reply your likes due to your mischievous attitudes, but in response to the above, I'll give you a verse from the Qur'aan.

O you who believe! Ward off from yourselves and your families a Fire (Hell) whose fuel is men and stones, over which are (appointed) angels stern (and) severe, who disobey not, (from executing) the Commands they receive from Allâh, but do that which they are commanded.

so the verse says "from yourselves and your family", and you have chosen to be hell fire's gate-man for the rest of humanity, yet you aren't sure of salvation for yourself and your own family members. they give you an inch and you want to take a mile. when next any alfa or busy-body tells me how i should dress, you'd be properly addressed. going to hell fire is also a choice people should freely make. you will not be the one to suffer for their actions. worse, here it is a case of oppression. what if the guy is dressing properly, but the alfa wants to make sure the young man wears an arabic garment? you dont have to put on arab cultural dress in order to dress islamic. the Quran states : "no bearer of burden shall bear the burden of another soul". and also "there is no compulsion in religion". let people choose!

2 Likes

Re: The Al-sunna In My House by Alima2(f): 5:42pm On Oct 13, 2014
prettysheila:

i think u r getting the Alfa from the wrong perspective,what he was doing is his own way of preaching to ur bro.
Re: The Al-sunna In My House by ayinba1(f): 9:33pm On Oct 17, 2014
dragnet:

The verse you quoted is very apt. You are responsible first for "yourself" and "your family " next. You can spread the message but the Quran categorically states that "Let there be no compulsion in religion"
Re: The Al-sunna In My House by ayinba1(f): 9:36pm On Oct 17, 2014
prettysheila:
And can you give an example of "by force"? Just so we understand the scenario better? And what is your brother's style of dressing to start with? Perharps, this AlSunna alfa is calling your brother to something better than what your brother is in at the moment?

(1) (Reply)

Excellence And Uniqueness / Paul Lived And Died More Than 500 Years Before Muhammad Was Born! / Are They Exempted From Fasting?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.