Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,230 members, 7,829,400 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:12 AM

A Tale Of Legends: Perfidy. - Literature (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / A Tale Of Legends: Perfidy. (83229 Views)

Ade's Chronicle: A Tale / Lagos And Abuja: A Tale Of Two Cities. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Tale Of Legends: Perfidy. by donPhill(m): 8:33am On Dec 26, 2014
...we re here and ll keep our tab crossed here. Nice update boss....i couldn't comment yesterday cos i got a minor accident, bt it's all good now!
Cant wait to see d help d prince and his knights ll get to defeat their enemies
Re: A Tale Of Legends: Perfidy. by Therock5555(m): 2:08pm On Dec 26, 2014
Anything that has actions, death and bloodshed in it always sends my blood boiling in excitement, vantee baba, you be sabi boi
Re: A Tale Of Legends: Perfidy. by mariemummy(f): 3:16pm On Dec 26, 2014
VanTee20:

How can I forget to mention you, one of the most active commentators on this thread? I dey craze neh? I did mention you. Maybe you missed it somehow, it happens sometimes.

@bolded. I don't know too oh. Maybe it's because Lady Sue is a powerful sorceress and she'd discovered the fact about Sir Maxime's true identity just as she had found out Sir Millicent's plans to overthrow the King without him telling her..

The same to you ma'am.

Thanks i just saw it. Thank you for the explanation. More intellectual strength i pray for thee.
Re: A Tale Of Legends: Perfidy. by BabieGhagha(f): 3:51pm On Dec 26, 2014
The man of d year is bak!.welldone vantee.i hope u dnt get banned again.can u pls summarise d story for those of us dat hv lost track on dis story.thanks..*waiting patiently for d next update
Re: A Tale Of Legends: Perfidy. by kingphilip(m): 4:59pm On Dec 26, 2014
VanTee20:

Thank you sir.
Uwc boss
hope we'll b seeing more of u
Re: A Tale Of Legends: Perfidy. by Fatalveli(m): 5:25pm On Dec 26, 2014
VanTee20:

In a way, yes grin.
gotcha.... grin

Abeg update more, ur story sweet die
Re: A Tale Of Legends: Perfidy. by VanTee20(m): 6:53pm On Dec 26, 2014
lexaydfg:

pls ride on with ur story.
weldone sir

Thank you sir.
Re: A Tale Of Legends: Perfidy. by VanTee20(m): 6:56pm On Dec 26, 2014
donPhill:
...we re here and ll keep our tab crossed here. Nice update boss....i couldn't comment yesterday cos i got a minor accident, bt it's all good now!
Cant wait to see d help d prince and his knights ll get to defeat their enemies

@I hope it wasn't very serious. Take care sir.

We will see if the Prince and his knights will escape this one.
Re: A Tale Of Legends: Perfidy. by VanTee20(m): 6:59pm On Dec 26, 2014
Therock5555:
Anything that has actions, death and bloodshed in it always sends my blood boiling in excitement, vantee baba, you be sabi boi

The Rock my oga!

How it gladdens my heart to see you here. You are a perpetual boost to my morale.

Thank you sir.
Re: A Tale Of Legends: Perfidy. by VanTee20(m): 7:00pm On Dec 26, 2014
mariemummy:

Thanks i just saw it. Thank you for the explanation. More intellectual strength i pray for thee.

Thanks ma'am.
Re: A Tale Of Legends: Perfidy. by VanTee20(m): 7:04pm On Dec 26, 2014
BabieGhagha:
The man of d year is bak!.welldone vantee.i hope u dnt get banned again.can u pls summarise d story for those of us dat hv lost track on dis story. thanks..*waiting patiently for d next update

Lol @Man of the year. I'm not Phyno na.

@Bolded. I was planning on dropping something akin to a summary before I updated yesterday, but I was afraid it was going to be hidden. I'll go dig it out and drop it asap.
Re: A Tale Of Legends: Perfidy. by VanTee20(m): 7:06pm On Dec 26, 2014
kingphilip:

hope we'll b seeing more of u

Certainly sir.
Re: A Tale Of Legends: Perfidy. by VanTee20(m): 7:09pm On Dec 26, 2014
Fatalveli:

Abeg update more, ur story sweet die

The next update will be posted tomorrow. Thanks sir.
Re: A Tale Of Legends: Perfidy. by faithgokz(f): 9:51pm On Dec 26, 2014
Well done Tee, keep up the good work. And sorry for all those bans you got smiley
Re: A Tale Of Legends: Perfidy. by VanTee20(m): 10:22pm On Dec 26, 2014
Perfidy (Book #1 in the LORK series).

It is a age of castles and towers, of emperors and kings, of knights and warriors, of lords and barons, of ladies and maidens and of magic and sorcery.

For the past three decades, Casville had enjoyed its somewhat precarious position as the most prosperous city in the Nersean empire. Now it seems as though the wheels of fortune had turned against it as it now faces severe attacks from within and without. Will it succeed it in fending off these peace threatening attacks or will it crumble under their intensity?

Sir Millicent is undoubtably the most popular member of the distinguished royal family because of his heart melting good looks and his unmatchable fighting finesse. He returns to Casville after eight years of supposed incarceration, after which it becomes clear (not to the ordinary eye though) that he has a completely different mission from the one he pledged to carry out as a knight of the realm. Will he succeed (along with his cohorts ; Lady Suzannah, Lord Bradeigh and Finn) in his aspirations to usurp his uncle, Gavyne as the ruler of the vast Nersean empire?

Prince Galleine is the lovestruck heir to the Casvillean throne who leaves his land (together with Sirs Claude and Harding) to find his kidnapped paramour, Melissa. In the process of doing that, he lands in big trouble. Will he be able to extract himself from the big m*ss he's found himself in time to save his lover and more importantly, his land from destruction?
Re: A Tale Of Legends: Perfidy. by VanTee20(m): 10:28pm On Dec 26, 2014
Marcus is the adventurous teenage warrior who leaves his family in the praire in search of the fame and glory that comes with knighthood. His undying love for adventure brings him in contact with the deadliest of beasts (the Negirrel) and the prettiest of damsels (Helena). What will be his fate in the story?

Malzene D'Aubriere is not the most likable character in the story. He is a pagan, an outcast and not the finest of men. However if Sir Millicent and his perfidious machinations are to be thwarted, Malzene D'Aubriere and his powers will surely be needed.

N.B: This is not exactly the recapitulation that BabieGhagha requested, but I'm sure it will serve the purpose of reminding us who's who in the story to the point we are.

1 Like

Re: A Tale Of Legends: Perfidy. by donPhill(m): 10:30pm On Dec 26, 2014
a nice and clear summary....this summary brings the actors more clearer dan b4

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Tale Of Legends: Perfidy. by VanTee20(m): 10:32pm On Dec 26, 2014
faithgokz:
Well done Tee, keep up the good work. And sorry for all those bans you got smiley

You eh? I been dey vex for you.

But it's okay. Thank you : ).
Re: A Tale Of Legends: Perfidy. by BabieGhagha(f): 11:59pm On Dec 26, 2014
perfect! Dis is wat i nd guess most pple wanted.its all clear nw.let see hw tinz goes 4 sir millicent.gudluck! nd gudjob!
Re: A Tale Of Legends: Perfidy. by Therock5555(m): 12:39am On Dec 27, 2014
VanTee20:

The Rock my oga!

How it gladdens my heart to see you here. You are a perpetual boost to my morale.

Thank you sir.
oga fire o, spam not name learner where you dey, na only God know how you sabi 18th century English like this grin
Re: A Tale Of Legends: Perfidy. by faithgokz(f): 9:32am On Dec 27, 2014
VanTee20:

You eh? I been dey vex for you.

But it's okay. Thank you : ).

What i do na grin
Re: A Tale Of Legends: Perfidy. by kizzykeziah: 2:20pm On Dec 27, 2014
Yippee!Finally got updates after checking daily and about to give up.....Xmas is finally making getting better.More power to your fingers so you'd keep typing
Re: A Tale Of Legends: Perfidy. by Dsparker(f): 3:24pm On Dec 27, 2014
Thank God you are back

1 Like

Re: A Tale Of Legends: Perfidy. by VanTee20(m): 2:54am On Dec 30, 2014
CHAPTER NINE

A gentle breeze caressed King Gavyne's calloused cheek and blew his frock coat hither and thither as he leaned over the railings of the balcony on the highest floor of the citadel. The King especially loved coming to that place. Alongside his throne
and his wife's bedroom, it was his favourite spot in his empire.

One thing that particularly appealed to King Gavyne about the place was the impressive view of Casville that it offered him. From that dizzying height, he could see the beautiful eastern landscape, the tallest trees in the forests, the snow capped mountains, the lush greenery that stretched across the west and
any other thing that caught his fancy. He could watch with
swelling pride as his army
trained or as the royal shepherds tended their mighty flock or the
gardeners tending the gardens and any other activity that he felt like watching.

Presently, King Gavyne stood at the apex of the citadel with its
aesthetic appeal completely lost on him. He simply wasn't there to
enjoy the scenery. Rather, he was there because he wanted to lose
himself in thought. Things were going awry and he could not just sit back and watch. He had to think and come up with solutions.

The first thing that bugged him was the fact that his son, his only son, had vanished from the court without trace. His servant had gone missing too. The King very well knew the kind of son he had. He rarely left the citadel and whenever he did, it was never without permission from the
crown. Now, he was gone for two
weeks and the numerous search parties that had been sent after him were still clueless concerning his whereabouts. Fat reason to worry, isn't it?

King Gavyne felt the hairs on his nape rise as he pondered on the
second thing that was giving him sleepless nights. It was the news
that a large portion of the scattered tribes of wild people that lived outside the empire of Nersea had found a common leader in the famous warlord, Jiarchinn, who had promised them
that he would not rest until Nersea is brought down on her knees.

1 Like

Re: A Tale Of Legends: Perfidy. by VanTee20(m): 3:01am On Dec 30, 2014
Spy reports revealed that the savages were building their massive army near the Finge boundary and they would strike the empire as soon as they were done massing up.

More disturbing is the fact that the Byzantine empire was offering to
help the Savage army by providing . .

"My lord?" A voice called from behind the King, interrupting the flow of his thought. The King immediately ascribed that voice to Wertchen, a guard from one of the Prussian states (modern day Germany).

"Go away!" The King barked.

"My lord, it is Lord Burth. . ."

"Tell him to go, I don't want to see anyone for now. Not even my daughter!"

Wertchen was not deterred. That look he has seen on Lord Burth was enough to him push on. "My lord, I think you should hear him out. He wouldn't tell me what he wants. He says it's an emergency."

"Emergency?" The King echoed in surprise. Lord Burth was a general, a war hardened man who had lived his entire life for warfare. If he called something an emergency then trouble was surely lurking.

"Send him in right away," The King ordered the guard.

In the moment that followed, Lord Burth walked in looking gloomy like a freshly widowed woman.

"Burth, what is wrong?"

"My lord, I'm afraid I have some bad news for you."

"Whatever it is, tell me."

"It is the treasury at Austieres. A band of robbers looted it early
this morning."

The King could not believe his ears. Yes, his aural faculty had to be malfunctioning. That treasury alone held about three quarters of the whole of Nersea's wealth. For this reason, it was always heavily
fortified with sentries. There was even a joke in Casville about the
treasury being more secure than the citadel where the King resided.
Now, thinking of that supposed safe haven being attacked by bandits made very little sense.

"Are you sure about this?"

"I went to Austieres myself. Those reports are anything but untrue,"
Lord Burth replied confidently.

The King felt crushed, like he had taken a hit from a sledgehammer
wielded by a biblical Anakite. How could this happen at the same time when his son was missing, the savages were massing and his wife was dying? God, why?
Re: A Tale Of Legends: Perfidy. by VanTee20(m): 3:06am On Dec 30, 2014
"What about all the guards at the place? Could they not stop them?"

"The guards could do nothing, they were far outnumbered and outarmed. An eye witness said there were about four hundred robbers in the band."

"Okay. I've heard enough of this," said the King. "Now, get one
trusted man to go around and inform all the knights of the realm that are still around to gather at the citadel square. We are going on a campaign against those bandits now."

Lord Burth's jaw dropped. "But sir, we . . . "

"No buts. Go and do what I said now!" The King commanded. "Oh, one more thing. Keep this news secret, I don't want panic spreading among my people."

Lord Burth bowed and left the King's presence taking one stair exit. The King pulled his double breasted coat tighter and took a another exit. Yes, he had a campaign to lead, but he had to see his wife first.

1 Like

Re: A Tale Of Legends: Perfidy. by VanTee20(m): 3:20am On Dec 30, 2014
Prince Galleine itched to slam his fist on Dunstan's already disfigured nose but he couldn't carry out his wish because his hands were firmly to his back. The Prince hissed as the memories of how the rebels had easily overcame himself and the other knights at the Sammbisserh plain came back flooding. It was hardly a thing of surprise that the knights lost though. They had been outnumbered sixty seven
to one. The rebels had bound,
gagged and blindfolded them before bringing them to the place - the famed Cevout facility.

"What are you thinking, boy?" Dunstan asked with a supercilious grin plastered on his face as he sat a large desk in his tent with Prince
Galleine standing in his fore.

"Why are you doing this?" The Prince replied with a question of his own.

"Doing what?"

"Bringing me to this godforsaken place after I have paid every ciblis of the ransome you demanded."

Dunstan did his trademark mirthless laugh. "I never knew you were this slow. Do you mean you are yet to realise that you are our real target? Your girl that we kidnapped was just a little plot to get you out of that crazily fortified citadel. And that ransome you paid is just an added incentive."

Prince Galleine blinked rapidly in surprise. Why, that had never
occured to him before. "What do you need me for?"

Dunstan shook his head lightly and replied, "I'm not going to tell you that. You will find out in due course. But I have to warn you, you will not like it."

The Prince swallowed hard. That does not sound great, he thought.
"Then why are you still keeping the others? Let them go. Afterall
you've got me that you want."

"That is none of your business," Dunstan spat. "I am in charge here. I decide who I release
and who I keep here. You'd better get that into your fish brain now. You are no longer in the citadel where you reign supreme."

"Look, If you don't release them, I swear I'll kill you," The Prince threatened.

Dunstan's chuckle was a dry one. "How exactly do you intend to do that when your sorry a*s is going to be locked in a nice little cell very soon?"

"None of your business," The Prince said, echoing the same thing the other man said not long ago. "Just bear it in mind that someday I would come kill you. I would do it with your own sword. I would sink that long blade in that grotesque face of yo. . ."

1 Like

Re: A Tale Of Legends: Perfidy. by lexaydfg(m): 3:20am On Dec 30, 2014
INTERESTING!!!
continue my boss am really learning and i know someday i will write powerful and motivational stories
weldone sire
Re: A Tale Of Legends: Perfidy. by VanTee20(m): 3:25am On Dec 30, 2014
"Enough!" Dunstan roared with the ferocity of a lioness whose cubs were endangered. "Guards!" He called out in a cracking voice.

In the moment that followed, two guards joined Dunstan and Prince
Galleine in the former's tent.

"I've changed my mind about this b*stard," Dunstan said to the guards. "Don't put him in the same cell with his girl again. Put him in with Frasser. A day or two there will teach him to use his mouth more sensibly."

The guards nodded and at once began to hustle the Prince out of the chamber. Prince Galleine knew he should regret his outburst that has cost him a temporary reunion with Melissa, but strangely he did not. If for anything, he had felt so good saying those words to Dunstan and if his sight was any good, then his words had gotten to the crook nosed rebel commandant. The way his expression had darkened and the trembling of his voice as he called the guards were pointers to this fact.

"Guards," Dunstan called from behind them. "If things get too hot, then transfer the b*stard to another cell. I don't want him dead. Not yet."
Re: A Tale Of Legends: Perfidy. by VanTee20(m): 3:33am On Dec 30, 2014

Lady Suzannah released her tight grip on Sir Millicent's shoulders and rolled off him with the grace of a swan. That was after he had sent a jet of thick, whitish fluid up her female core with a low throaty groan of pleasure.

Lady Suzannah sat up at the edge of the King sized bed and smiled contentedly to herself as she reminisced on how she had seduced Sir Millicent this time. He
had entered her chamber looking sinfully handsome in his golden royal apparel and he had
promptly began to talk about something he said was important to their conquest plans, but she wasn't listening. She was far too distracted by his Adonis features to pay any attention to
whatever it is he was saying.

In the end, she had silenced him with a deep wet kiss. He had weakly tried to protest but she was in no mood for that. Ever the seductress, she had gone straight for his weak point. She had given his earlobe a nice tickle with her serpentine tongue and that was it. Sir Millicent had torn off her evening robe and had ravished her like a r*pist. Of course, that had been to the Lady's delight.

"Mills?" She called when she heard him snoring away lightly.

"Uh. . . Uh?" He muttered dreamily.

"Are you sleeping already?"

"What else am I supposed to do? I am spent. No thanks to you."

Lady Suzannah chuckled. "What are you complaining about? I did as much work as you."

Sir Millicent scratched his head sleepily. "Why exactly are you disturbing my sleep?"

"I want you to tell me that thing you said was important to our conquest plans."

"Oh, that. Okay, where did I stop?"

"Start from the beginning."

"Why? I was already. . ."

"I know. I just wasn't listening the other time."

Sir Millicent shook his head lightly. "Okay. I'll start from the scratch. If you don't listen this time, well I
won't be repeating myself any soon."

"So I heard this news in the court today about a robbery attack on the treasury at Austieres. . ."

"Oh God! That's not good. Is it?" Lady Suzannah asked.

"No, it's not," Sir Millicent replied earnestly. "But there is a good part for us."

"What is that?"
Re: A Tale Of Legends: Perfidy. by VanTee20(m): 3:39am On Dec 30, 2014
"The King will be leading a handful of Knights against the bandits very soon," Sir Millicent replied.

"Now, how is that good for us?" Lady Suzannah asked.

"Think about it my lady. Think."

The dark haired lady thought about it for a few moments and finally replied, "I really don't see how the King's leaving the citadel in the company of his Knights will aid our cause."

"That is your own view," Sir Millicent said. "The way I see it is
this, since the King and his retinue of Knights will be taking the thickly forested paths of Lehbeinn in search of the bandits. We can
easily lay ambush for them with the phantoms. Once the Knights are defeated and the King is killed, then our goal is achieved."

"Wow Mills, that is brilliant," Lady Suzannah remarked. "That will
save a lot of the time and resources that our initial plan might cost us."

"Exactly my thoughts." Sir Millicent jerked his blond head in a nod of agreement.

"So, how about we celebrate this new development with another round?" Lady Suzannah asked with a seductive wink.

It was on the tip of Sir Millicent's tongue to say no. But he stopped
himself from saying it, knowing fully well that it wouldn't matter
what he said. If she wanted it, then she'll get.

"At your service, ma'am," He replied after a long pause.

Lady Suzannah flashed the Knight her most radiant smile. "Come, let's see how well you can render this service."

THE END

OF CHAPTER NINE
Re: A Tale Of Legends: Perfidy. by VanTee20(m): 3:42am On Dec 30, 2014
faithgokz:

What i do na grin

Don't worry na smiley

Btw, I hope you are feeling the story.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (22) (Reply)

She Slept In The Kitchen And Won My Heart - Chukwuba Chiluba / Diary Of A Heartbroken Hustler / Chimamanda Adichie & Husband Ivara Esege (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.