Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,118 members, 7,835,766 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:37 PM

Why We Pulled Out Of CAN — Catholic Bishops (Published 2012) - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why We Pulled Out Of CAN — Catholic Bishops (Published 2012) (60283 Views)

Catholic Bishops Attack Father Mbaka For Anti-jonathan Prophecies. / FG not doing enough to prevent anarchy -Catholic bishops / We Are Still In Can-catholic Bishops (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why We Pulled Out Of CAN — Catholic Bishops (Published 2012) by asamaigho(m): 8:45am On Sep 18, 2014
lokito: There are only two churches in the world, the Catholic Church and Others.

even d mary woshipper still d clain to ne christians......raaabbish
Re: Why We Pulled Out Of CAN — Catholic Bishops (Published 2012) by Mintayo(m): 8:45am On Sep 18, 2014
emmasege: God will bless u a million folds! Those guys think they must always head CAN. Was Onaiyekan not in support of Government and is he still not? Hypocrisy is an understatement for catholics and their bishops. I was privy to certain information about Oritsejafor's emergence as CAN President. Onaiyekan was defeated by Oritsejafor at the election and ever sice then, they are yet to recover from the shock-how can a "Pastor" defeat their highly revered "Cardinal". As the custom is, Onaiyekan being the runner-up of the election was supposed to be the Vice President but pride would not let him. He declined. Thank God for the humility of the Anglican Primate OKoh who accepted the VP slot, not because he wasn't fit to be President but because that's the Christian thing to do "In honour preferring one another (Rm 12)". I even learnt Sultan opposed the candidacy of oritsejafor and supported onaiyekan at the election, for a very obvious reason. the north needs a national christian leader who will be dumb and blind to their religious extremism and violence. Has anyone ever bothered to watch soul-lifting services conducted by the current CAN President at the ecunemical centre and compared such with religious gatherings of the cardinal's days. It's apparent who the enemy of the church is!
It so appalling that the arrogance of catholic bishops has rubbed on their members. I remember a corper colleague in my NYSC days insisting that we must hold a parallel thanksgiving service at a Catholic church when we were having our corpers' week, after virtually all of us (except him) had agreed on worshipping at an Anglican Church. For the sake of peace, we granted his request but i (a Baptist) and most of us worshipped at the anglican church. I've always said it that there are two extremes of the christian faith in Nigeria- Catholics and Deeper Life, but if u ask me the latter is still better than the former.
Re: Why We Pulled Out Of CAN — Catholic Bishops (Published 2012) by IYANGBALI: 8:45am On Sep 18, 2014
brownlords:

Who are you to judge? Are you God. My friend park well only God knows those that worship him in truth, forget those men wearing jalabia forming activity because they are not benefiting, the position of CAN president has always being political, this Is the same mistakes christian are making, you don't want to involve in politics because you are Christians yet you are govern and ruled by others, others make laws for you and you follow. What is that?
who are you to ask him that stoopid question?

1 Like

Re: Why We Pulled Out Of CAN — Catholic Bishops (Published 2012) by safarigirl(f): 8:47am On Sep 18, 2014
mondaypaul77:
who cares?
NFCS does

3 Likes

Re: Why We Pulled Out Of CAN — Catholic Bishops (Published 2012) by Akshow: 8:47am On Sep 18, 2014
GEJ is not the first xtian president of Naija and by his grace won't be the last. He has succeeded in dividing Nigerians along ethnic, regional and most unfortunately, religious lines.

Never in d history of this great country has CAN been politicised. Obj ruled for 8yrs and CAN wasn't a wing of his govt.

I'm in full support of Catholics for pulling out of this body that is headed by a corrupt, worldly, American rapper wanna be.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why We Pulled Out Of CAN — Catholic Bishops (Published 2012) by IYANGBALI: 8:48am On Sep 18, 2014
Juvante: Cardinal Onaiyekan is spineless, that is why the North considers him a great Guy. He is a typical Northern Christian,just like Gowon! Maiduguri diocese has been bombed to the ground and like Nero, he is busy fiddling with the Sultan,a man who until recently, always said poverty is the reason why Christians are hunted and killed in the North!
Since the days of Pope John Paul, the Catholic Church has been preaching ecumenism and one world religion!
As much as I dislike him for his partisan political views, Pastor Ayo talk straight!
thief straight you mean

1 Like

Re: Why We Pulled Out Of CAN — Catholic Bishops (Published 2012) by IYANGBALI: 8:49am On Sep 18, 2014
Akshow: GEJ is not the first xtian president of Naija and by his grace won't be the last. He has succeeded in dividing Nigerians along ethnic, regional and most unfortunately, religious lines.

Never in d history of this great country has CAN been politicised. Obj ruled for 8yrs and CAN wasn't a wing of his govt.

I'm in full support of Catholics for pulling out of this body that is headed by a corrupt, worldly, American rapper wanna be.
God bless you jare

1 Like

Re: Why We Pulled Out Of CAN — Catholic Bishops (Published 2012) by adepiero: 8:49am On Sep 18, 2014
confusion within a religion. this is what you get when the basics and foundation of a religion is compromised. The doors of Islam is forever opened in case you decide to join the with the truth.

1 Like

Re: Why We Pulled Out Of CAN — Catholic Bishops (Published 2012) by jamace(m): 8:51am On Sep 18, 2014
Re: Why We Pulled Out Of CAN — Catholic Bishops (Published 2012) by hensben(m): 8:52am On Sep 18, 2014
Scyllapatron:

remember the olden days christianity, it was about missionaries, salvation, love, giving, helping the poor, repentance, forgiveness, etc..
today it's by fire by fire, thunder fire my enemy, holy ghost fire my neighbor, let my enemy die, bind the spirit of ancestor, bla bla bla!!!!
madness!!!

exactly, by cursing and binding, they are causing more harm to the society, christian=christ-like, He preached love, caring, forgiveness, giving,repentance, et al and when He was about to die on the cross He said 'its finish'. But today what do we have, prosperity preaching, tight preaching, church business, dressing provocatively to church, ladies wearing fitted trouser and tops to church, prophesying to politician that he will win this coming election when me n you know him go rig himself into power. e.g this happened in edo state, why? all in the name of seed and tight and mingling with politicians who are blood suckers. I keep saying this, pentecostals brought worldly life to church. Its good that churches are in all corner in nigeria but were is the effect, things are getting worse, crimes, baby factory, boko haram, assassin, looting, et al (business minded pastors everywhere) anybody that can speak in tongue, quote genesis to revelation automatically claiming pastor tag, what happened to making outreach to people, evangelize from houses to houses, nation to nation, must you own a church, God doesnt call this people to be pastor again, they now call HIM. church is now family business, when the husband dies the wife or first son takes over instead of one the elder/assistant pastor...okay.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why We Pulled Out Of CAN — Catholic Bishops (Published 2012) by IYANGBALI: 8:53am On Sep 18, 2014
cr8v:
I may not know everything Ayo is doing in office but I sure do know he is representing us well. Jesus says be as wise as serpent but as gentle as a dove. Some people are just not happy that the Pentecostals they used to call mushroom churches in the 70s have suddenly risen to lead them. Im not denominational and I hate those who try to scatter our unity because things ate not going their cold, passive, indoctrinated religious way.
madam you need to know everything about ayo before you comment,that's where you should start from,it helps you to wite better,ok?

1 Like

Re: Why We Pulled Out Of CAN — Catholic Bishops (Published 2012) by shejane: 8:55am On Sep 18, 2014
Since muslims have declare war on Christians in dis country, Rev Ayo wants to declare war on muslims too by bombing all the mosques in dis country that's way he want to use the money to buy arms and ammunition

Is called eye for an eye

They should free the man
Re: Why We Pulled Out Of CAN — Catholic Bishops (Published 2012) by IYANGBALI: 8:55am On Sep 18, 2014
hensben: exactly, by cursing and binding, they are causing more harm to the society, christian=christ-like, He preached love, caring, forgiveness, giving,repentance, et al and when He was about to die on the cross He said 'its finish'. But today what do we have, prosperity preaching, tight preaching, church business, dressing provocatively to church, ladies wearing fitted trouser and tops to church, prophesying to politician that he will win this coming election when me n you know him go rig himself into power. e.g this happened in edo state, why? all in the name of seed and tight and mingling with politicians who are blood suckers. I keep saying this, pentecostals brought worldly life to church. Its good that churches are in all corner in nigeria but were is the effect, things are getting worse, crimes, baby factory, boko haram, assassin, looting, et al (business minded pastors everywhere) anybody that can speak in tongue, quote genesis to revelation automatically claiming pastor tag, what happened to making outreach to people, evangelize from houses to houses, nation to nation, must you own a church, God doesnt call this people to be pastor again, they now call HIM. church is now family business, when the husband dies the wife or first son takes over instead of one the elder/assistant pastor...okay.
chisos!this truth is too sweet
Re: Why We Pulled Out Of CAN — Catholic Bishops (Published 2012) by Vikthor(m): 8:55am On Sep 18, 2014
Very valid reason to pull out....
I never lije thw bling bling wearing dude anyway...
Re: Why We Pulled Out Of CAN — Catholic Bishops (Published 2012) by synergycom19: 8:56am On Sep 18, 2014
The CATHOLIC CHURCH is becoming something else, Am A Catholic
But this daysJOHN CARDINAL OYNEIKAN! Is leading the church to direction I can't understand.
Remember his reign as CAN PRESIDENT, how he despirately tried to truncates the ele tion of Pastor Ayo Oristiejafor?
How he aboundan the Christian Minorities in the North, he practical sided with the Muslim against them.
Even refusing go send relief materials to them
Now the Reverend Fathers tells hou how good Islamic religion is
They only preach thd Leftist-humanistic part of the Gospel

1 Like

Re: Why We Pulled Out Of CAN — Catholic Bishops (Published 2012) by nora544: 8:56am On Sep 18, 2014
hensben: exactly, by cursing and binding, they are causing more harm to the society, christian=christ-like, He preached love, caring, forgiveness, giving,repentance, et al and when He was about to die on the cross He said 'its finish'. But today what do we have, prosperity preaching, tight preaching, church business, dressing provocatively to church, ladies wearing fitted trouser and tops to church, prophesying to politician that he will win this coming election when me n you know him go rig himself into power. e.g this happened in edo state, why? all in the name of seed and tight and mingling with politicians who are blood suckers. I keep saying this, pentecostals brought worldly life to church. Its good that churches are in all corner in nigeria but were is the effect, things are getting worse, crimes, baby factory, boko haram, assassin, looting, et al (business minded pastors everywhere) anybody that can speak in tongue, quote genesis to revelation automatically claiming pastor tag, what happened to making outreach to people, evangelize from houses to houses, nation to nation, must you own a church, God doesnt call this people to be pastor again, they now call HIM. church is now family business, when the husband dies the wife or first son takes over instead of one the elder/assistant pastor...okay.

Yeah you are right and so on point.

1000000000000000000 likes
Re: Why We Pulled Out Of CAN — Catholic Bishops (Published 2012) by Vikthor(m): 8:57am On Sep 18, 2014
cr8v:
I may not know everything Ayo is doing in office but I sure do know he is representing us well. Jesus says be as wise as serpent but as gentle as a dove. Some people are just not happy that the Pentecostals they used to call mushroom churches in the 70s have suddenly risen to lead them. Im not denominational and I hate those who try to scatter our unity because things ate not going their cold, passive, indoctrinated religious way.
....very very foolish statement...
Be wise...lady

1 Like

Re: Why We Pulled Out Of CAN — Catholic Bishops (Published 2012) by MOORCHMOORE(m): 8:59am On Sep 18, 2014
freshness2020: Salt to injury?
why giving us Ūя̲̅ reasons now?
We should be one body in Christ, we should be mending our houses instead of throwing jabs at each other! No one is void of any allegation ♈όϋ claim not even the catholic..everyone is guilty !
Foolish comment, was their any exchange of word? Are u blind that u cant see CAN is almost PDP affiliate?. Alright, Someone got gift like jet through his work as Christian head, and refuse to tell his members so that they can appreciate that person. I think u need some sleep to understand the issue.
Re: Why We Pulled Out Of CAN — Catholic Bishops (Published 2012) by jamace(m): 8:59am On Sep 18, 2014
Correct.
Re: Why We Pulled Out Of CAN — Catholic Bishops (Published 2012) by Amandbob(f): 8:59am On Sep 18, 2014
Its seem 2 me dat d Roman catholic church would prefer a quiet leader who as was d case wen dey we're in charge wil summit 2d muslims. Dey can as well pull out of christianity who cares

2 Likes

Re: Why We Pulled Out Of CAN — Catholic Bishops (Published 2012) by barcaboi(m): 9:00am On Sep 18, 2014
we should be mending our houses instead of throwing jabs at each other! No one is void of any allegation ♈όϋ claim not even the catholic..everyone is guilty!
read well...it is dated 2012.....read b4 just jumping to comment segment
Re: Why We Pulled Out Of CAN — Catholic Bishops (Published 2012) by Nobody: 9:02am On Sep 18, 2014
we should be mending our houses instead of throwing jabs at each other! No one is void of any allegation ♈όϋ claim not even the catholic..everyone is guilty!
The statement was dated back to 2012 when CAN haven't been bastardized more than it is now. Next time,read before commenting!
Re: Why We Pulled Out Of CAN — Catholic Bishops (Published 2012) by hensben(m): 9:03am On Sep 18, 2014
asamaigho:

even d mary woshipper still d clain to ne christians......raaabbish
they HONOR mary not worship,spot the difference and get ur facts right...this is what pentecostal churches preach in their church concerning catholic to gain more member, they say what they dont understand/know..smh.

1 Like

Re: Why We Pulled Out Of CAN — Catholic Bishops (Published 2012) by Mekateka: 9:03am On Sep 18, 2014
Rexphobia: CAN has been politized
and is very good so that we can prevent islamic jihadist from troubling christians in Nigeria.
Re: Why We Pulled Out Of CAN — Catholic Bishops (Published 2012) by barcaboi(m): 9:04am On Sep 18, 2014
Juvante: People keep talking like dafts. What has Israel and Hamas war got to do with Aso Rock security? Saudi Arabia does arm deals with Israel through proxies, only Jordan and Egypt do not hide their deals!
Did El Rufai and co complain when Ghaddafi was busy pumping money into the North,building madrassas and mosques,and training young Northerners in his Benghazi camp,since the days of IBB?
I do not like Pastor Ayo,based on his inability to call a spade a spade in Delta State,and turns a blind eye to the looting, but on national issues, he is spot on!
He is hated because he looks at Northern leaders in the eye and tell them to call their youths and Islamic adherents to order! simple as that! As for his dress code, he has always dressed that way since I was a little kid in Warri,so stop crapping about what you do not know.
olodo!....we talking arms dealing; mixing church business with partisan politics.....nobody faults him 4 standing up to islamic extremist.....if he wants 2 do ao; he shd sacrifice himself for chibok girls......be open minded and stop bn an hypocrite......Religious leaders are suppose 2 be neutral in politics

2 Likes

Re: Why We Pulled Out Of CAN — Catholic Bishops (Published 2012) by Shollay20(m): 9:05am On Sep 18, 2014
Visit this lovely website http://Shollay20.binbox.io/
Re: Why We Pulled Out Of CAN — Catholic Bishops (Published 2012) by freshness2020: 9:07am On Sep 18, 2014
barcaboi:
read well...it is dated 2012.....read b4 just jumping to comment segment
I read it straight down! This is just a case of kettle calling pot black! None of them is innocent!
No wonder! Mahatma Ghandi of blessed memory said and I quote "I hate Ūя̲̅ Christian, but like Ūя̲̅ Christ" am not here to condemn anybody but just to give a piece of my mind!
Re: Why We Pulled Out Of CAN — Catholic Bishops (Published 2012) by omerta(f): 9:09am On Sep 18, 2014
Amandbob: Its seem 2 me dat d Roman catholic church would prefer a quiet leader who as was d case wen dey we're in charge wil summit 2d muslims. Dey can as well pull out of christianity who cares
Now that Oritsehafor has been outspoken, have they stopped killing Christians? Have they stopped attacking Christian communities?
Has BH reduced their attacks?

And no, the Catholic church WILL not pull out of Christianity. It is the progenitor of Christianity Can a man pull out his own head?

3 Likes

Re: Why We Pulled Out Of CAN — Catholic Bishops (Published 2012) by hensben(m): 9:09am On Sep 18, 2014
Amandbob: Its seem 2 me dat d Roman catholic church would prefer a quiet leader who as was d case wen dey we're in charge wil summit 2d muslims. Dey can as well pull out of christianity who cares
what positive effect has violent/rude leader brought to christian-don in nigeria, are things not getting worse, pastors mingling with politicians everyday just to get more money and material things, violent is not Jesus way, remember, christians=christ-like.

1 Like

Re: Why We Pulled Out Of CAN — Catholic Bishops (Published 2012) by Nobody: 9:09am On Sep 18, 2014
Pastor Ayotallah Bin Shekaujafor must be removed as CAN president!

Say no to partisan politics!

1 Like

Re: Why We Pulled Out Of CAN — Catholic Bishops (Published 2012) by Atyodos: 9:11am On Sep 18, 2014
My kingdom is not of this World so says the LORD. Politics should be seperated from the church.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Bolu Adubi: Pastor Adeboye’s Only Daughter (Photo) / Names Of God In Igbo Language / Pastor Chidi Eke Dies While Fasting For 40 Days In Imo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.