Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,793 members, 7,817,290 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:38 AM

What Else Should I Learn To Be A Good Website Designer? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / What Else Should I Learn To Be A Good Website Designer? (1047 Views)

I Need A Good Website Designer / I Need A Good Website Developer / Which Programming Language(s) Should I Learn To Develop Websites? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Else Should I Learn To Be A Good Website Designer? by aikayboy(m): 2:38pm On Jul 28, 2006
last year i learnt how to design websites using Dreamweaver 7 and HTML. already, i plan to go and learn more about database management (Access, SQL, Oracle). apart from these, what else would i need to make me a competent designer? smiley
Re: What Else Should I Learn To Be A Good Website Designer? by smartsoft(m): 2:46pm On Jul 28, 2006
Developer to say learn PHP/MYSQL to be a competent Web Developer or as ppl call it Programmer
Re: What Else Should I Learn To Be A Good Website Designer? by my2cents(m): 8:42pm On Jul 28, 2006
I have hrd a lot of pple on this forum say "designer" as opposed to "developer". A designer to me is one who uses, say, photoshop, to come up with a graphical presentation of a site and then hands it over to a developer who turns the code into a functional website. I understand that given the country context, the way pple in naija name positions could be different from the way it is named elsewhere. If that is the case, I am not complaining. To each his own. Though I would advise otherwise.

To answer ur question based on my observations above:

To be web designer, learn: flash, photoshop, fireworks

To be a web developer, learn: php, jsp, xhtml, css, javascript, ajax, asp, . net, (u shd get the gist by now) etc.

I hope this helps.

(1) (Reply)

I Smell A Dead Rat On Our Server ! Hyip Website / How Can I Become A Great Computer Scientist? / Smf Connection Problem

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.