Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,161 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:05 AM

Shop Easily On Sites Like Amazon, Bestbuy And Others From Nigeria - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Shop Easily On Sites Like Amazon, Bestbuy And Others From Nigeria (1732 Views)

Forex Policy: Iberia Withdraws Services From Nigeria / International Online Shopping Mall Like Amazon Opening In Nigeria Very Soon / How Do I Sell And Receive Money Easily On Ebay Without Paypal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Shop Easily On Sites Like Amazon, Bestbuy And Others From Nigeria by Nobody: 8:14am On Sep 19, 2014
Thought I should share this with all.

On my way to the Island this morning, I spotted a BRT bus carrying an advert.

It was an advert of a service that allows you to shop from over 80 stores in the UK and US. And you can shop from Nigeria.

I decided to check out the site. I checked it out and it looked good. You have to download the app though.

Now once you have downloaded the app, you simply shop on whatever site through the app. When you are done you click checkout and the app handles your checkout. Now what's interesting was the price. Unlike before when I had to pay exorbitant service fees to third party agents, the pricing on this one is incredibly low. You pay only about 10% of the original price of the goods you bought. Thats pretty neat.

Now my next move is to actually buy something through the app and see if I actually get to receive it. I'll brief you when I do that. Oh by the way the name of the site is MallForAfrica. Google it and you will find the link to the site.

If anyone has had experiences with MallForAfrica, please share. Thnks
Re: Shop Easily On Sites Like Amazon, Bestbuy And Others From Nigeria by WoodcrestMayor(m): 8:45am On Oct 06, 2014
Bros,we dey wait your verdict o!
I'm thinking of porting to mallforAfrica.I try shippyme-na disaster.

MallforAfrica looks good;just hpe dey deliver promptly.
They even have monthly promos in which u get concessions like ship each shoe for $2 from selected stores,ship 15 items for $15 etc.There is a clause tho-u must be a mallforafrica webcard holder.

I just need to know d dollar rate on their webcard.If itz not more dan 170 to $1 and dey deliver promptly,I port sharpaly.The card cost #2k5 tho.Afterwards,u can load it wit cash for your shopping.

1 Like

Re: Shop Easily On Sites Like Amazon, Bestbuy And Others From Nigeria by arbitrage: 9:39am On Oct 06, 2014
Apart from the percentage service charge added, their exchange rate of Naira to your dollar payment is worse than GTB or other banks' rate. It's not less than N170 per dollar.
Re: Shop Easily On Sites Like Amazon, Bestbuy And Others From Nigeria by WoodcrestMayor(m): 11:46am On Oct 06, 2014
Seems u've used their service b4.
Do u use their card?
I knw dey waive sme fee if u're a card holder.
With all these "incentives" if combined wit their monthly promo of $1 per item or $2 per item(shipping cost),dont u tink itz cheap compared to oda means of online shipping?even if their dollar rate is a little ova 170
arbitrage:
Apart from the percentage service charge added, their exchange rate of Naira to your dollar payment is worse than GTB or other banks' rate. It's not less than N170 per dollar.
Re: Shop Easily On Sites Like Amazon, Bestbuy And Others From Nigeria by euwajeh(m): 9:49am On Oct 17, 2014
shippyme is not that bad as you paint them. i have use them without no issues . some company have charge their name twice because of bad reputation . You should know that doing business in Nigeria is not easy.To me shippyme is one of the best.
WoodcrestMayor:
Bros,we dey wait your verdict o!
I'm thinking of porting to mallforAfrica.I try shippyme-na disaster.

MallforAfrica looks good;just hpe dey deliver promptly.
They even have monthly promos in which u get concessions like ship each shoe for $2 from selected stores,ship 15 items for $15 etc.There is a clause tho-u must be a mallforafrica webcard holder.

I just need to know d dollar rate on their webcard.If itz not more dan 170 to $1 and dey deliver promptly,I port sharpaly.The card cost #2k5 tho.Afterwards,u can load it wit cash for your shopping.
Re: Shop Easily On Sites Like Amazon, Bestbuy And Others From Nigeria by WoodcrestMayor(m): 10:44am On Oct 17, 2014
I can see a rebranding/repositioning is ongiong.I saw u on the other thread too.
The complaints are just too many-every1 can't be wrong u know.
Itz my 1st experience(sum1 refered me) and itz not bin pleasant at all.Calls not picked,mails nt replied on time or at all.
Over a month now and I av no idea still abt d departure date of my goods.
If u experienced likewise d very 1st time u used their service,would u av used them d second time?
euwajeh:
shippyme is not that bad as you paint them. i have use them without no issues . some company have charge their name twice because of bad reputation . You should know that doing business in Nigeria is not easy.To me shippyme is one of the best.
Re: Shop Easily On Sites Like Amazon, Bestbuy And Others From Nigeria by euwajeh(m): 10:49am On Oct 17, 2014
I understand you very well, i feel your pain, but you know that Nigeria business environment is very bad , i was in your shoe before so i understand. kindly provide your shipping booking number on their customer care someone will response to you. Even the big brand like dhl, fedex and ups has their own problem i know about fedex .
WoodcrestMayor:
I can see a rebranding/repositioning is ongiong.I saw u on the other thread too.
The complaints are just too many-every1 can't be wrong u know.
Itz my 1st experience(sum1 refered me) and itz not bin pleasant at all.Calls not picked,mails nt replied on time or at all.
Over a month now and I av no idea still abt d departure date of my goods.
If u experienced likewise d very 1st time u used their service,would u av used them d second time?
Re: Shop Easily On Sites Like Amazon, Bestbuy And Others From Nigeria by WoodcrestMayor(m): 11:05am On Oct 17, 2014
Haba! Euwajeh!!!

What did shippyme offer u that made u turn around to start defending dem?

I saw how u complained bitterly some weeks back and all of a sudden u're defending dem.Are u now an employee of shippyme?

I agree they are now trying to right d wrongs the former team did and they av clearly taken action but your turning around to defend dem is where it all gets hazy undecided
euwajeh:
I understand you very well, i feel your pain, but you know that Nigeria business environment is very bad , i was in your shoe before so i understand. kindly provide your shipping booking number on their customer care someone will response to you. Even the big brand like dhl, fedex and ups has their own problem i know about fedex .
Re: Shop Easily On Sites Like Amazon, Bestbuy And Others From Nigeria by euwajeh(m): 11:21am On Oct 17, 2014
Guys let tell our self the true i had problem with them last week even 2 months ago, But that do not make me come and rubbish them for their good works.All shipping company has their own problem. The problem people are having with them is understand . like me i didn't add shipping insurance in my packages . But the company was kind enough to compensate me .
WoodcrestMayor:
Haba! Euwajeh!!!

I saw how u complained bitterly some weeks back and all of a sudden u're defending dem.Are u now an employee of shippyme?

I agree they are now trying to right d wrongs the former team did and they av clearly taken action but your turning around to defend dem is where it all gets hazy undecided
Re: Shop Easily On Sites Like Amazon, Bestbuy And Others From Nigeria by shrekandfiona: 1:01pm On Oct 17, 2014
WoodcrestMayor:
Haba! Euwajeh!!!

Just shows that he who plays the music dictates the tone. His conscience has been bought. Smh
Re: Shop Easily On Sites Like Amazon, Bestbuy And Others From Nigeria by euwajeh(m): 1:05pm On Oct 17, 2014
My conscience is not brought as we are speaking my items are still with them. i have not been compensated because i didn't add insurance to my items.
shrekandfiona:

Just shows that he who plays the music dictates the tone. His conscience has been bought. Smh
Re: Shop Easily On Sites Like Amazon, Bestbuy And Others From Nigeria by WoodcrestMayor(m): 1:08pm On Oct 17, 2014
Itz really sad sad
shrekandfiona:

Re: Shop Easily On Sites Like Amazon, Bestbuy And Others From Nigeria by shrekandfiona: 1:23pm On Oct 17, 2014
euwajeh:
My conscience is not brought as we are speaking my items are still with them. i have not been compensated because i didn't add insurance to my items.
don't you think it's wrong not to pay back people whose items were stolen by no fault of theirs?

Using twinskenny as an example, how does he make up for the 300k goods all lost in their care? If those goods are for his customers, how does he refund them?

Since you are now their spokesman, kindly tell them to do full refund to all affected parties. Most companies do that. Go through this forum and see people being refunded for their missing items insurance or not.

And for your info, it is the shippers responsibility to insure all items being shipped as a company. When I buy items from ebay most with free shipping, the seller's insure the items when shipping to my US address. I am not aware of it sef only when I track my items I see the insurance.

Go figure. Thank you
Re: Shop Easily On Sites Like Amazon, Bestbuy And Others From Nigeria by euwajeh(m): 1:39pm On Oct 17, 2014
@shrekandfiona It will be nice to channel your suggestion to their customer care thread. And for your information,That is what me and twinskenny have been fighting for. But there told me that there will compensate me because I didn't select insurance.

(1) (Reply)

Meet The Trillion Dollar Black Woman Of Wall Street / What Kind Of Lucrative Business Can 1.5m Start In Nigeria / LG Showroom And Bedmate Furniture Bulding In Lekki On Fire (pictured)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.