Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,235 members, 7,815,313 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:39 AM

Ancient Egyptian Woman With 70 Hair Extensions Discovered - Fashion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Ancient Egyptian Woman With 70 Hair Extensions Discovered (40568 Views)

Mama Turned 70: See What A Makeover Artist Did To Make Her Look Younger. / African Ladies Spend Over $7billion On Wigs,hair,extensions And Relaxer. / Really Good Hair Extensions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ancient Egyptian Woman With 70 Hair Extensions Discovered by tinuolababy(f): 5:50am On Sep 23, 2014
cheesy really
Re: Ancient Egyptian Woman With 70 Hair Extensions Discovered by glimpse(f): 5:52am On Sep 23, 2014
say no to hair extensions tongue

3 Likes

Re: Ancient Egyptian Woman With 70 Hair Extensions Discovered by davidflipcy(m): 5:53am On Sep 23, 2014
interesting
Re: Ancient Egyptian Woman With 70 Hair Extensions Discovered by glimpse(f): 5:54am On Sep 23, 2014
double post
Re: Ancient Egyptian Woman With 70 Hair Extensions Discovered by free2ryhme: 5:58am On Sep 23, 2014
fruqsy:
lols i support.....you sound like a victim. Or did she dump you for it,or the money you paying it is tiring.

u be small pickin go play with balloon

it is too early haba!
Re: Ancient Egyptian Woman With 70 Hair Extensions Discovered by curiouses: 5:58am On Sep 23, 2014
Those holding to olden days over exaggerated moral and cultural value should take a cue. We are only taking what the generations before ours left for us into another height, we are not introducing new madness.
Re: Ancient Egyptian Woman With 70 Hair Extensions Discovered by Nobody: 6:16am On Sep 23, 2014
Onegai: Ladies, why fight it, your ancestors also wore Brazilian grin grin grin

Let me hear anyone complain about buying Peruvian hair for N200,000 grin grin

Abeg, make I go Casabella pick my own o jare!

It is more appalling when some wear it on empty skulls. tongue
Re: Ancient Egyptian Woman With 70 Hair Extensions Discovered by Nobody: 6:33am On Sep 23, 2014
women quickly looking for a way to justify their guilty conscience since they are totally unwilling to repent. LISTEN TO THIS who are the egyptians? Are they not idol worshippers and founders of horoscopy? Thank God this article also mentioned they are idol worshippers. Since the days of adam, the world has been occupied by two set of people - God's people and Secular people. If a secular idol worshipping egyptian used brazillian that doesnt mean a God fearing Israelite used hair extensions too. We need archeological record from israel to prove that God's people used hair extensions too.
Re: Ancient Egyptian Woman With 70 Hair Extensions Discovered by condralbede(m): 6:38am On Sep 23, 2014
mancheeutd: only if they know how beautiful they are especially when washed n packed with rubber band
I prefer them with nice low cut.
Re: Ancient Egyptian Woman With 70 Hair Extensions Discovered by Nobody: 6:44am On Sep 23, 2014
mancheeutd: only if they know how beautiful they are especially when washed n packed with rubber band

Guy,that's very local.....Hmm,I fear you oooo!!!!""
Re: Ancient Egyptian Woman With 70 Hair Extensions Discovered by Nobody: 6:47am On Sep 23, 2014
Hemanwel: Women have been carrying a plot of land on their head since the days of old.

Guy u r an Igbo man I swear... grin

1 Like

Re: Ancient Egyptian Woman With 70 Hair Extensions Discovered by Nobody: 6:47am On Sep 23, 2014
[quote author=glimpse]say no to hair extensions tongue
[/quote/

That's your own cup of tea!!!! Talk for your self
Re: Ancient Egyptian Woman With 70 Hair Extensions Discovered by DaBullIT(m): 6:50am On Sep 23, 2014
Women : always needing more hair since 100BC grin
Re: Ancient Egyptian Woman With 70 Hair Extensions Discovered by Nobody: 7:00am On Sep 23, 2014
smiley
Re: Ancient Egyptian Woman With 70 Hair Extensions Discovered by RockMaxi: 7:04am On Sep 23, 2014
grin grin It will only take a divine conviction to stop ladies from hair extensions especially those that have been used to it. It's like a cat that just tasted a mouse. grin

1 Like

Re: Ancient Egyptian Woman With 70 Hair Extensions Discovered by Onegai(f): 7:09am On Sep 23, 2014
emmyrichie:

It is more appalling when some wear it on empty skulls. tongue

Funny! Now go take your Anti-Stu.pidity meds and go to school, remember JAMB is next year, study hard o! grin
Re: Ancient Egyptian Woman With 70 Hair Extensions Discovered by 19naia(m): 7:11am On Sep 23, 2014
It is known that great figures of ancient society would be entombed with many treasures and ornaments.. Also was the discovery of kings tombs with the mummies of people that were dispatched to join the deceased to serve him in the afterlife...
So maybe this womans case could have been similar but rather than her beloved join her, they cut pieces of themselves of to join her.. Of course hair is a painless part to cut off and also a very common gesture among people to keep memorabilia from each other...
If it was me, i would test the hair extensions to see if they were from 70 different people and then it may be likely they were memorabilia so as to send a part of themselves with her into the afterlife until they met again still long before any of us were born...

Or maybe she was just hair dressed for her funeral as any woman would for any very special occasion...

2 Likes

Re: Ancient Egyptian Woman With 70 Hair Extensions Discovered by Nobody: 7:20am On Sep 23, 2014
Onegai:

Funny! Now go take your Anti-Stu.pidity meds and go to school, remember JAMB is next year, study hard o! grin

I don't blame you. This is what you get when you mingle with kids.

I've forgiven you. You'd understand this someday when you grow older and more mature.
Re: Ancient Egyptian Woman With 70 Hair Extensions Discovered by Nobody: 7:23am On Sep 23, 2014
Gullible black women! This is a well-engineered, crafted scheme by the mafias of a $10 billion industry to establish basis for why black women wear and should continue to wear extensions... to milk more $billions from them. I'm not an archaeologist but for an extension to withstand such a length of time - this is a thousand yrs older than so called Jesus - is highly questionable especially when some hard metals used during similar time have been practically irretrievable or recognizable by assayers. Don't tell it was due to mummification.

Intelligence is the ability to reason critically...ask why, when and how whenever anything is presented to you. Never accept anything at face value!

7 Likes

Re: Ancient Egyptian Woman With 70 Hair Extensions Discovered by flyingdutchman(m): 7:26am On Sep 23, 2014
Egypt origin of Illuminati. Tormentor of Israel with their pagan practices. Continue!
Re: Ancient Egyptian Woman With 70 Hair Extensions Discovered by henryadex(m): 7:30am On Sep 23, 2014
copying idolatry style of live? The judgement day will tell
Re: Ancient Egyptian Woman With 70 Hair Extensions Discovered by Onegai(f): 7:32am On Sep 23, 2014
dexmundo: women quickly looking for a way to justify their guilty conscience since they are totally unwilling to repent. LISTEN TO THIS who are the egyptians? Are they not idol worshippers and founders of horoscopy? Thank God this article also mentioned they are idol worshippers. Since the days of adam, the world has been occupied by two set of people - God's people and Secular people. If a secular idol worshipping egyptian used brazillian that doesnt mean a God fearing Israelite used hair extensions too. We need archeological record from israel to prove that God's people used hair extensions too.

Bros, go read your Old Testament wella.

Poor Israeli women would not go around bedecked in jewels and updos, because they would need to carry water and goods. Wealthy ones (think David, Solomon their wives, their council chiefs and their wives) would dress nicely. They were expected to dress finely, to symbolise the wealth and power of Israel and Judah. Why would the Bible say, in reference to when they want to symbolise mourning and repentance in times of sorrow, that people wore "sackcloth"? That means that in normal times, they didn't.

If you want a simple girl, not a problem, lots exist. But don't try and distort the Bible to suit your opinions.

1 Like

Re: Ancient Egyptian Woman With 70 Hair Extensions Discovered by Onegai(f): 7:38am On Sep 23, 2014
Innovator90: Gullible black women! This is a well-engineered, crafted scheme by the mafias of a $10 billion industry to establish basis for why black women wear and should continue to wear extensions... to milk more $billions from them. I'm not an archaeologist but for an extension to withstand such a length of time - this is a thousand yrs older than so called Jesus - is highly questionable especially when some hard metals used during similar time have been practically irretrievable or recognizable by assayers. Don't tell it was due to mummification.
Intelligence is the ability to reason critically...ask why, when and how whenever anything is presented to you. Never accept anything at face value!

Errmm, you do realise that Egypt's climate is VERY DRY and with their embalment practises, things could LAST well, right?? Anything sealed from moisture and heat will last well. You do realise that they have found metals of those days to withstand corrosion better than our modern materials, bah?

1 Like

Re: Ancient Egyptian Woman With 70 Hair Extensions Discovered by ZUBY77(m): 7:40am On Sep 23, 2014
Is it only in Egypt that dead bodies never decay?

No wonder they don't have crude oil.

1 Like

Re: Ancient Egyptian Woman With 70 Hair Extensions Discovered by Nobody: 7:47am On Sep 23, 2014
Onegai:

Errmm, you do realise that Egypt's climate is VERY DRY and with their embalment practises, things could LAST well, right?? Anything sealed from moisture and heat will last well. You do realise that they have found metals of those days to withstand corrosion better than our modern materials, bah?

There is no word like " embalment"...simply doesn't exist. I mentioned "mummification" in my previous post; a specialized embalming procedure used by ancient Egyptians. If you clearly missed that, then there is no basis for me to debate this with you. It has nothing to do with climate; absolutely ZERO! I'm well read in Egyptology and Paleontology!

1 Like

Re: Ancient Egyptian Woman With 70 Hair Extensions Discovered by Exponental(m): 7:49am On Sep 23, 2014
Double wahala for deadi bodi, and d owner of deadi body....
Double wahala for finders of deadi body and d copycat of deadi bodi...!
Re: Ancient Egyptian Woman With 70 Hair Extensions Discovered by dunnie1: 8:10am On Sep 23, 2014
Some nice shoes you'll like are available. Click here to see their pictures and prices. Free home delivery and you Pay on delivery
Re: Ancient Egyptian Woman With 70 Hair Extensions Discovered by Revolva(m): 8:14am On Sep 23, 2014
oya nigerian women ..make una go buy the hair extention and start wearing......LMFAO
Re: Ancient Egyptian Woman With 70 Hair Extensions Discovered by Ihuomadinihu: 8:18am On Sep 23, 2014
White women would not wear extentions and braids of this sort in ancient Egypt. This is for people that wanna push Egypt was not a black race.
Scientists will never give credit to black Africa,they find the remains of a person with Afro and Locs,they will quickly call it wigs.
They find remains of a near blonde hair,they will say it belongs to a Caucasian,all in a bid to discredit the Negriod race. They find remains of a people with aqualine nose,thin lips and fine hair,they will say Egyptians are different from West-Africans. Lol.
They forget that the African Phenotype is very diverse.
When they discover a different hair shaft,they will say heavy racial mixing,i.e ,they were neither black nor white. They succeded in pushing Egypt to the Arabian civilization and Middle east bloc. Is middle east not part of Africa? They discover red hair and they will term it an European hair,while forgetting that Africans in that region used red clay to dye their hair and it has been proven that the embalming materials are capable of changing an individual's hair colour.They equally find black Indians and they quickly say they are not related to us,forgetting that they shipped Africans to india long before the Trans-Atlantic slave trade.
Obviously,Egypt became a melting pot of races at the height of it's civilization,however there is nothing that suggests that it's religion,culture or even language is not similar to the rest of Africa.
We need to rise up and tell our stories.
Nevertheless,Egyptians kept different hairstyles,they used hair dyes from plants,hair gels or styling gels from fats,curling equipments were also widely used. These people may not have blackberry, computers,Skype etc,but they were far intelligent than people in the 21st century.
Re: Ancient Egyptian Woman With 70 Hair Extensions Discovered by Enouwem(m): 8:30am On Sep 23, 2014
Hurray!!! Akwa Ibom State is 27..
Ndito Akwa Ibom ewongo edi oooooo..
#HappyBirthdayAkwaIbom
https://www.nairaland.com/1915860/akwa-ibom-state-marks-27th
Re: Ancient Egyptian Woman With 70 Hair Extensions Discovered by Konjour(m): 8:35am On Sep 23, 2014
Whilst reading that opening post, what stood out for me was neither the reasons behind women using hair extensions nor the baseless reasons why they shouldn't, but the fact that thousands of years ago when civilization was still in its most basic forms, we had Africans whose brains were too developed for their time and thus completed feats that even modern science and technology still takes years, and even decades to explain infact, there are still a huge cache of things that the ancient egyptians achieved and did that Egyptologists are no closer to unraveling than they were a century ago. One cannot help it but wonder how advanced the peoples of the 21st century Egypt and Africa as a whole would have been if the rate of development they had 4,000 years had continued unabated.
Myopia, religious fanaticism, hatred, greed, corruption are not friends of the building blocks of any society. Was in Alexandria (Borg-El Arab) last year, decided to go for a walk but didn't take note of the fact that a tiny part of the shirt I wore had the word 'Israel' written on it, a few minutes into the walk and I'd had more than a few Egyptians walk up to me and advise me to go back and change the shirt before getting to the mall I was headed towards. Its needless to say I had to go back and 'do the needful'.

1 Like

Re: Ancient Egyptian Woman With 70 Hair Extensions Discovered by jantavanta(m): 8:40am On Sep 23, 2014
dexmundo: women quickly looking for a way to justify their guilty conscience since they are totally unwilling to repent. LISTEN TO THIS who are the egyptians? Are they not idol worshippers and founders of horoscopy? Thank God this article also mentioned they are idol worshippers. Since the days of adam, the world has been occupied by two set of people - God's people and Secular people. If a secular idol worshipping egyptian used brazillian that doesnt mean a God fearing Israelite used hair extensions too. We need archeological record from israel to prove that God's people used hair extensions too.

This hair attachment industry is aware that African men are challenging Black women. The publicised bust of Nerfetiti was forged to make an European woman claim.

The Ancient Egyptians are Black Africans like me and you and their African traditional religion and horoscopy is the origin of Hebrewism, which after Babylon evolved to Judaism, which after Greek conquest evolved to Essene Judaism, which after Roman conquest evolved to Christianity, which after arabisation evolved to Islam.

Pharoah Akhenaten's (Moses') Aten became Adonai
Amen/Amon/Amun became a prayer termination
Osiris, the God-man who died and was resurrected, became you-know-who grin
12 Disciples represent the 12 Zodiac signs of the Horoscope.
Age of 30 represents 1/12th division of 360 degrees

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Girl Wears Dress Made With Poly Bag / Why We Prefer Okrika Underwears - Nigerian Women / Types Of Nigerian Make Up Artists We All Know. (with Funny Meme)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.