Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,956 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:52 AM

Ancient Egyptian Woman With 70 Hair Extensions Discovered - Fashion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Ancient Egyptian Woman With 70 Hair Extensions Discovered (40565 Views)

Mama Turned 70: See What A Makeover Artist Did To Make Her Look Younger. / African Ladies Spend Over $7billion On Wigs,hair,extensions And Relaxer. / Really Good Hair Extensions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ancient Egyptian Woman With 70 Hair Extensions Discovered by Nobody: 8:43am On Sep 23, 2014
This is more like something to prove that the ancient egyptians were black contrary to what some people think
Re: Ancient Egyptian Woman With 70 Hair Extensions Discovered by joe17: 8:46am On Sep 23, 2014
19naia: It is known that great figures of ancient society would be entombed with many treasures and ornaments.. Also was the discovery of kings tombs with the mummies of people that were dispatched to join the deceased to serve him in the afterlife...
So maybe this womans case could have been similar but rather than her beloved join her, they cut pieces of themselves of to join her.. Of course hair is a painless part to cut off and also a very common gesture among people to keep memorabilia from each other...
If it was me, i would test the hair extensions to see if they were from 70 different people and then it may be likely they were memorabilia so as to send a part of themselves with her into the afterlife until they met again still long before any of us were born...

Or maybe she was just hair dressed for her funeral as any woman would for any very special occasion...
Possible. I respect u sir.
Re: Ancient Egyptian Woman With 70 Hair Extensions Discovered by vm26: 8:57am On Sep 23, 2014
Tizak: Women! Displaying stupidity ignorance since 5000BC angry angry angry

be nice dear
Re: Ancient Egyptian Woman With 70 Hair Extensions Discovered by fairheven: 9:17am On Sep 23, 2014
ababanwoke: She reminds me of my crush,the great. Egyptian queen who has beauty and power"CLEOPATRA" her elaborate hair do too

Have u ever seen CLEOPATRA,as in do u know wt she looks like ,so how can u crush on her?
Re: Ancient Egyptian Woman With 70 Hair Extensions Discovered by Nobody: 9:20am On Sep 23, 2014
kandiikane: Extensions were always part of our culture.
by saying 'our culture', what exactly do u mean ?
Re: Ancient Egyptian Woman With 70 Hair Extensions Discovered by sojax2cool(m): 9:22am On Sep 23, 2014
And what does the bible told us about the people and the land of egypt? So if u still like to be in boundage and under oppression proceed in brazilian hair then.
Re: Ancient Egyptian Woman With 70 Hair Extensions Discovered by Nobody: 9:33am On Sep 23, 2014
They also buried some with slaves and stuff.

So I guess that ought to be okay now too.
Re: Ancient Egyptian Woman With 70 Hair Extensions Discovered by missojugo(f): 9:41am On Sep 23, 2014
Tizak: Women! Displaying stupidity ignorance since 5000BC angry angry angry

You have forgotten you were born into this world by a woman ba? Can you make this same statement to your mother? Smh

1 Like

Re: Ancient Egyptian Woman With 70 Hair Extensions Discovered by LizB2K(m): 9:52am On Sep 23, 2014
Amazing
Re: Ancient Egyptian Woman With 70 Hair Extensions Discovered by chuksmarvin(m): 9:59am On Sep 23, 2014
onyiwest: I believe that the hairstyle of the deceased woman was for her burial (ceremonial), and not one she wore in life.
How can you believe what you did not see or analyse....?
Are you having faith or being logical?
Re: Ancient Egyptian Woman With 70 Hair Extensions Discovered by InHim4Him(m): 10:49am On Sep 23, 2014
What difference has this made in people's lives whether in the past or in the present?
Re: Ancient Egyptian Woman With 70 Hair Extensions Discovered by honeric01(m): 11:23am On Sep 23, 2014
Innovator90: Gullible black women! This is a well-engineered, crafted scheme by the mafias of a $10 billion industry to establish basis for why black women wear and should continue to wear extensions... to milk more $billions from them. I'm not an archaeologist but for an extension to withstand such a length of time - this is a thousand yrs older than so called Jesus - is highly questionable especially when some hard metals used during similar time have been practically irretrievable or recognizable by assayers. Don't tell it was due to mummification.

Intelligence is the ability to reason critically...ask why, when and how whenever anything is presented to you. Never accept anything at face value!

19naia: It is known that great figures of ancient society would be entombed with many treasures and ornaments.. Also was the discovery of kings tombs with the mummies of people that were dispatched to join the deceased to serve him in the afterlife...
So maybe this womans case could have been similar but rather than her beloved join her, they cut pieces of themselves of to join her.. Of course hair is a painless part to cut off and also a very common gesture among people to keep memorabilia from each other...
If it was me, i would test the hair extensions to see if they were from 70 different people and then it may be likely they were memorabilia so as to send a part of themselves with her into the afterlife until they met again still long before any of us were born...

Or maybe she was just hair dressed for her funeral as any woman would for any very special occasion...

Innovator90:

There is no word like " embalment"...simply doesn't exist. I mentioned "mummification" in my previous post; a specialized embalming procedure used by ancient Egyptians. If you clearly missed that, then there is no basis for me to debate this with you. It has nothing to do with climate; absolutely ZERO! I'm well read in Egyptology and Paleontology!

Incredible!, i am also happy reading intelligent post from intelligent people. nowadays i type less on social media because un-intelligent people/posts keep crowding the whole space.

Once more, kudos!
Re: Ancient Egyptian Woman With 70 Hair Extensions Discovered by Nobody: 12:00pm On Sep 23, 2014
Thank God I'm not in "that klass" grin
God bless all the real "he-he" folks out there cheesy
Re: Ancient Egyptian Woman With 70 Hair Extensions Discovered by ahkenaten(m): 12:15pm On Sep 23, 2014
i created that city amarna in my first life cool amen ra has blinded the people then....so i seeked out the great god aten...and he helped me lead eqypt. Iam Ahkenaten cool
Re: Ancient Egyptian Woman With 70 Hair Extensions Discovered by NovusHomo(m): 12:23pm On Sep 23, 2014
So, were the attachments Brazilian or Korean?
Re: Ancient Egyptian Woman With 70 Hair Extensions Discovered by ababanwoke(m): 12:31pm On Sep 23, 2014
fairheven:
Lolz,I have read a lot about her deeds and life,I have watched movies showing her too,even if I haven't seen her before,I still have a crush on her because of her deeds,her deeds made her beautiful
Have u ever seen CLEOPATRA,as in do u know wt she looks like ,so how can u crush on her?
Re: Ancient Egyptian Woman With 70 Hair Extensions Discovered by fairheven: 12:56pm On Sep 23, 2014
[quote author=ababanwoke][/quote]

That's cool,just that most the pictures we see of her are actually imaginary...but this your love na "longer-throat" grin ;Dlove o,u no see women nearby,like queen Amina of zaria,dora akunyili,Miriam babangida...na so ur own crush carry u go across the Nile to Alexandra?na waa o cheesy
Re: Ancient Egyptian Woman With 70 Hair Extensions Discovered by sleek82(m): 1:36pm On Sep 23, 2014
Innovator90: Gullible black women! This is a well-engineered, crafted scheme by the mafias of a $10 billion industry to establish basis for why black women wear and should continue to wear extensions... to milk more $billions from them. I'm not an archaeologist but for an extension to withstand such a length of time - this is a thousand yrs older than so called Jesus - is highly questionable especially when some hard metals used during similar time have been practically irretrievable or recognizable by assayers. Don't tell it was due to mummification.

Intelligence is the ability to reason critically...ask why, when and how whenever anything is presented to you. Never accept anything at face value!
walahi u just made ma day....im a geologist and honestly I question this findings!
Re: Ancient Egyptian Woman With 70 Hair Extensions Discovered by buoye1(m): 2:04pm On Sep 23, 2014
Mi ra ye oshi!!!!!

The other skull be like ...............?
Re: Ancient Egyptian Woman With 70 Hair Extensions Discovered by ababanwoke(m): 3:23pm On Sep 23, 2014
Na miriam oooo,che!
Re: Ancient Egyptian Woman With 70 Hair Extensions Discovered by pimplucious: 4:12pm On Sep 23, 2014
This goes to buttress the fact that ancient Egyptians are black, so speaking and going by this fact, then, the real Jesus is a BLACK skinned MAN. If u understand ur bible u will know what I'm talking about.
Re: Ancient Egyptian Woman With 70 Hair Extensions Discovered by ElPhenomenal(m): 5:05pm On Sep 23, 2014
Rubbish,who do they keep digging up ancient people's grave in that Egypt
Re: Ancient Egyptian Woman With 70 Hair Extensions Discovered by Nobody: 5:20pm On Sep 23, 2014
It's baffling how supposed males pop out their veins from their neck and forehead over a woman's weave-on that brings no form of national threat to the African continent. Misplaced priorities indeed!

1 Like

Re: Ancient Egyptian Woman With 70 Hair Extensions Discovered by GooseBaba: 8:13pm On Sep 23, 2014
koyyes: It's baffling how supposed males pop out their veins from their neck and forehead over a woman's weave-on that brings no form of national threat to the African continent. Misplaced priorities indeed!

Guy it's not until you see bombs flying or famine in the land before you know that there is national threat to the African continent...

Inferiority complex and low self esteem has brought Africa to her knees. Ask yourself a simple question "what is wrong with natural Africa hair"? If the answer is nothing, then its fair to conclude that some foolish Africans associate beauty with hair that does not belong to their race.

It's quite sad that people don't see the big picture. Tell me which other race are eager to define their beauty by carrying African hair texture on their head..

We condem ourselves and wonder why we are at the bottom...
Re: Ancient Egyptian Woman With 70 Hair Extensions Discovered by frostland(m): 8:24pm On Sep 23, 2014
[quote author=frostland : notin white men no go won knw 1 day dem go dig watin go blind dem
Re: Ancient Egyptian Woman With 70 Hair Extensions Discovered by Nobody: 8:28pm On Sep 23, 2014
There is nothhing new under the sun.
Re: Ancient Egyptian Woman With 70 Hair Extensions Discovered by kandiikane(m): 2:18am On Sep 24, 2014
francleanflexy:
by saying 'our culture', what exactly do u mean ?

African culture
Re: Ancient Egyptian Woman With 70 Hair Extensions Discovered by Nobody: 8:39am On Sep 24, 2014
Onegai:

Bros, go read your Old Testament wella.

Poor Israeli women would not go around bedecked in jewels and updos, because they would need to carry water and goods. Wealthy ones (think David, Solomon their wives, their council chiefs and their wives) would dress nicely. They were expected to dress finely, to symbolise the wealth and power of Israel and Judah. Why would the Bible say, in reference to when they want to symbolise mourning and repentance in times of sorrow, that people wore "sackcloth"? That means that in normal times, they didn't.

If you want a simple girl, not a problem, lots exist. But don't try and distort the Bible to suit your opinions.
sir, you referred me to the old testament, i am not ignorant of the bible. There are mentions of earrings in connection to idolatary and israel's unfaithfulness. But you do not have a bible verse that connotes 'hairdo' in the old testament. You must accept that you all suffer from inferiority complex thats why u tie your beauty to imitating the whites. I will rather marry a white lady who then has the original beauty that you counterfeit or marry a blacks who believes in her originality not the counterfeits of the white
Re: Ancient Egyptian Woman With 70 Hair Extensions Discovered by moriton(m): 9:23am On Sep 24, 2014
Dear God, I love the way you planted fake dinosaur bones and artifacts all over the world just to Bleep with scientists. Fucking classic.
Re: Ancient Egyptian Woman With 70 Hair Extensions Discovered by Nobody: 2:58pm On Sep 24, 2014
GooseBaba:

Guy it's not until you see bombs flying or famine in the land before you know that there is national threat to the African continent...

Inferiority complex and low self esteem has brought Africa to her knees. Ask yourself a simple question "what is wrong with natural Africa hair"? If the answer is nothing, then its fair to conclude that some foolish Africans associate beauty with hair that does not belong to their race.

It's quite sad that people don't see the big picture. Tell me which other race are eager to define their beauty by carrying African hair texture on their head..

We condem ourselves and wonder why we are at the bottom...

You can't just conclude that all women who fix artificial hair have inferiority complex. I'm very sure you've attempted the afro lenght hair cut before and you've observed first hand how difficult and time consuming it is to maintain it that you decided to keep you hair low. Not every woman can pull off a low cut well like some have. If this is how you feel, you are entitled to your own opinion. But you cannot tell a woman what to do with her hair just as no one can tell you how to dress to look more african. This is the least of our problems so lets discuss something else.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Girl Wears Dress Made With Poly Bag / Why We Prefer Okrika Underwears - Nigerian Women / Types Of Nigerian Make Up Artists We All Know. (with Funny Meme)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.