Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,849 members, 7,810,273 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:13 AM

System Voltage Error On 2009 Camry. - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / System Voltage Error On 2009 Camry. (4574 Views)

Help Nissan Primera P11-144: Engine Not Starting Error Codes P0335 & P1336 / P01521 Error On Mazda Millenia 2002 / Stop, Car Too Low - Error On Mercedes Benz Cls 500 - Sienna - Any Idea? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

System Voltage Error On 2009 Camry. by talk2odim: 12:30pm On Sep 19, 2014
Hello car gurus, i went for a scan yesterday and the results were errors on emission control and system voltage (p0560). The auto mechanic says the P0560 error could mean a damaged ECU. Now this got me a bit confused. Now i need to know if a defective ECU will still be able to render errors codes et al. The car appears to drive fine but vibrates intermittently. The plugs are new and the recommended Denso SK20R11 iridium tipped plugs. How does one know if an ECU is defective and is there anyone in the house that could refer a professional that can help sort this out.
I am open to useful suggestions before i get ripped off!!! Esteemed car gurus over to u.........
Re: System Voltage Error On 2009 Camry. by Nobody: 1:03pm On Sep 19, 2014
P0560 Toyota - System Voltage Malfunction

Possible causes
- Low battery charge
- Battery defective
- Loose or missing alternator drive belt
- Faulty alternator
- Open or short system voltage circuit

What does this mean?
Start by recharging or replacing the battery.

When is the code detected?
The P0560 code is detected when the Engine Control Module (ECM) voltage out of range.
Possible symptoms
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
- Slow engine start
- Low battery power

P0560 Toyota Description
The battery supplies electricity to the Engine Control Module (ECM) even when the ignition switch is OFF. This electricity allows the ECM to store data such as Detected Trouble Code (DTC) history, freeze frame data, fuel trim values and other data. If the battery voltage falls below a minimum level, the ECM will conclude that there is a fault in the power supply circuit. The next time the engine starts, the ECM will turn on the Malfunction Indicator Light (MIL) and a DTC will be set.

P0560 Toyota Information for specific Toyota models
P0560 2006 TOYOTA CAMRY
P0560 2007 TOYOTA CAMRY
P0560 2008 TOYOTA CAMRY
P0560 2009 TOYOTA CAMRY
P0560 2010 TOYOTA CAMRY
P0560 2011 TOYOTA CAMRY
P0560 2001 TOYOTA HIGHLANDER
P0560 2002 TOYOTA HIGHLANDER
P0560 2003 TOYOTA HIGHLANDER
P0560 2004 TOYOTA HIGHLANDER
P0560 2005 TOYOTA HIGHLANDER
P0560 2006 TOYOTA HIGHLANDER
P0560 2007 TOYOTA HIGHLANDER
P0560 2004 TOYOTA PRIUS
P0560 2005 TOYOTA PRIUS
P0560 2006 TOYOTA PRIUS
P0560 2007 TOYOTA PRIUS
P0560 2008 TOYOTA PRIUS
P0560 2009 TOYOTA PRIUS

Source: http://engine-codes.com/p0560_toyota.html
Re: System Voltage Error On 2009 Camry. by talk2odim: 2:29pm On Sep 19, 2014
Thks @lomomike, i am honored gurus like you have the time to attended to issues of "minors" like us. I have goggled the interpretation of the code and checked all the possible causes mentioned. What i mean to find out is how to determine if an ECU is defective....would there be any codes to that effect and would a defective ECU still be able to generate error codes et al. I have an impression the auto mech is trying to rip me off and wanna prevent that. More suggestions would be appreciated.
Re: System Voltage Error On 2009 Camry. by Nobody: 3:25pm On Sep 19, 2014
Bro, I'd like you to read through this. Pay attention to every bit of detail in that link

www.techauto.awardspace.com/ecu.html
Re: System Voltage Error On 2009 Camry. by mayor2013: 6:20pm On Sep 19, 2014
Another ECU story again. grin. Even though your ecu is defective you would get an error code but this might be dependent on the level of defection. There are other obvious and physicall ways to know if an ecu is bad not cos of a mere vibration. Your car is due for tune up. If this is done your car would surely run fine. If you are in lagos could come check the car out for you
Re: System Voltage Error On 2009 Camry. by bimbor(m): 7:18pm On Sep 19, 2014
I doubt your ECU is bad, @lomomike has done enough justice to your queries.
We await other experts in the house to elucidate on the signs of a bad ECU.

But PLEASE don't allow that Mechanic go near your ECU. A mechanic that cannot interprete a DTC should not even lay hands on your bonnet let alone touch your engine.

Lomomike....nice piece.

1 Like

Re: System Voltage Error On 2009 Camry. by talk2odim: 10:31pm On Sep 19, 2014
Thks guys....@lomomike I cant seem to connect to the link u sent but will keep trying@bimbor thks.....I am not sure but I think he is trying to take adv of me @mayor2013, yes I am in lagos and what do u mean by a tune up..... two additional codes now involved: C1300 and U0073. Maybe that whatz making him point towards the ECU. Any ideas what this is people?
Re: System Voltage Error On 2009 Camry. by adanny01(m): 12:37am On Sep 20, 2014
talk2odim: Thks guys....@lomomike I cant seem to connect to the link u sent but will keep trying@bimbor thks.....I am not sure but I think he is trying to take adv of me @mayor2013, yes I am in lagos and what do u mean by a tune up..... two additional codes now involved: C1300 and U0073. Maybe that whatz making him point towards the ECU. Any ideas what this is people?

Copy the link and paste on your google search bar, it will come up as the 1st option then open from there. The link seems to be correct but not linking.
Re: System Voltage Error On 2009 Camry. by Nobody: 6:30am On Sep 20, 2014
talk2odim: Thks guys....@lomomike I cant seem to connect to the link u sent but will keep trying@bimbor thks.....I am not sure but I think he is trying to take adv of me @mayor2013, yes I am in lagos and what do u mean by a tune up..... two additional codes now involved: C1300 and U0073. Maybe that whatz making him point towards the ECU. Any ideas what this is people?

When did the C1300 and U0073 Come up? Wait, is your camry I hybrid camry or normal gasoline engine?
Re: System Voltage Error On 2009 Camry. by Nobody: 6:42am On Sep 20, 2014
C1300 Skid control ECU malfucntion

What can cause this code condition is the skid control module , or the branke control moduel assemby, before this unit is replaced do a zero point point calibration . for the steering angle
Re: System Voltage Error On 2009 Camry. by Nobody: 6:55am On Sep 20, 2014
For U0073, check this and read thru.
www.aboutautomobile.com/Complaint/2007/Toyota/Camry/Hydraulic+Brake

"Description of the Complaint:
The same year and model toyota camry has already had a recall for the same problem in the hybrid version for the exact same part. While driving the car the speedometer goes to zero, the tachometer needle goes up and down like crazy, the ac cuts off and the temperature sensor cuts off. The parking brake light and the abs failure light come on the dashboard showing the brake system has failed. The cars does stop but with hesitation. I have no way to know if the brake light are working during the failure so I am concerned I am going to get rear ended because the driver behind me won't know I am stopping. There is no way to know if this issue will get worse and there will be a point where it will not stop. I called toyota and opened a case #1407190530 and was told that they had no such issues showing in their database. I told them it shows up thousands of times on google and was basically told, who are you going to trust thousands of people or toyota? I asked him to check for any notes on the model dealing with the abs ecm or the abs acuator. He told me they had none and that I had to bring it to the dealer and have them check it. This seems like a great scam for them, the car gives a code U0073 showing the problem is the abs, so the dealer gets to charge a couple of hundred dollars to run tests to then tell you the 3 inch square part cost $4000 to replace because they are the only ones that make it. You buy the part it cost them $50 to make for $4000 with labor or your don't have a car. Having read through hundred of posts online from people with the exact same issue, with the exact same part I feel that there should be a recall on these cars. Toyota has a bean counter mentality where it has figured out the number of acceptable dead and how much legal fees they can pay before it is worth fixing an issue. Deaths before the loss of profit should be the toyota slogan."

The quote I showed, is from the link I provided, pay attention to the bolded sentences, therein lies your answer.
Re: System Voltage Error On 2009 Camry. by talk2odim: 7:05am On Sep 20, 2014
Thks lomomike....so how do I go abt it. Do u know/hv anyone u can recommended to get this sorted out.
Re: System Voltage Error On 2009 Camry. by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:14am On Sep 20, 2014
Are you sure its not a hybrid?
Re: System Voltage Error On 2009 Camry. by Nobody: 7:44am On Sep 20, 2014
lomomike:

When did the C1300 and U0073 Come up? Wait, is your camry I hybrid camry or normal gasoline engine?

i need an answer to the bolded comment so we know what we are dealing with.
Re: System Voltage Error On 2009 Camry. by talk2odim: 10:52am On Sep 20, 2014
@lomomike.....cant really say exactly when it came up but the scan was on Wednesday. The camry is the normal 4 plug gasoline engine.
Re: System Voltage Error On 2009 Camry. by talk2odim: 10:53am On Sep 20, 2014
GAZZUZZ: Are you sure its not a hybrid?
It is not hybrid....itz d normal 4 plug gasoline engine.
Re: System Voltage Error On 2009 Camry. by Nobody: 12:21pm On Sep 20, 2014
www.justanswer.com/toyota/5o8xa-toyota-camry-operating-2007-camry-occasionally.html

Viola! I just dug out a good explanation for you. Its long so I can't post it instead I posted the link for you to read and follow the expert's advice. If possible, I'd advice you chat with him (if you can). Don't be scared, from the link I saw his profile which states:

"Ask Toyotapro Your Own Question
Satisfied Customers: 9973
Experience:  ASE Certified, 10+ years Lexus and Toyota Certified"
Re: System Voltage Error On 2009 Camry. by GAZZUZZ(m): 12:31pm On Sep 20, 2014
talk2odim:
It is not hybrid....itz d normal 4 plug gasoline engine.

In that case follow lomomike's advice to the letter a drop in voltage (below 12v) will make most of the sensors on your vehicle go "gaga". Mean while a suggest you invest in a digital multimeter, it costs 500 for a small one, start your engine, turn on your head lamps and put air-conditioning on full blast then set your multimeter to DC volts 20 put the terminals on the battery and check voltage anything less than 13v then there's a charging fault.

1 Like

Re: System Voltage Error On 2009 Camry. by GAZZUZZ(m): 12:51pm On Sep 20, 2014
lomomike: www.justanswer.com/toyota/5o8xa-toyota-camry-operating-2007-camry-occasionally.html

Viola! I just dug out a good explanation for you. Its long so I can't post it instead I posted the link for you to read and follow the expert's advice. If possible, I'd advice you chat with him (if you can). Don't be scared, from the link I saw his profile which states:

"Ask Toyotapro Your Own Question
Satisfied Customers: 9973
Experience:  ASE Certified, 10+ years Lexus and Toyota Certified"

Long story short check wiring, pins of "all" ecu's for corrosion. If all is ok replace fauly ecu.

1 Like

Re: System Voltage Error On 2009 Camry. by talk2odim: 1:40pm On Sep 20, 2014
GAZZUZZ:

In that case follow lomomike's advice to the letter a drop in voltage (below 12v) will make most of the sensors on your vehicle go "gaga". Mean while a suggest you invest in a digital multimeter, it costs 500 for a small one, start your engine, turn on your head lamps and put air-conditioning on full blast then set your multimeter to DC volts 20 put the terminals on the battery and check voltage anything less than 13v then there's a charging fault.

I will try and get the volt meter as suggested and take the readings. Then one can eliminate battery or alternator issues. Thks
Re: System Voltage Error On 2009 Camry. by talk2odim: 1:45pm On Sep 20, 2014
GAZZUZZ:

Long story short check wiring, pins of "all" ecu's for corrosion. If all is ok replace fauly ecu.
Thks for your responses. I appreciate. I read the link and tried to contact the expert but cant explain why my card payment was not being accepted. Just out of curiousity and for the sake of not falling inro qring hands do u have anyone that you can recommend in lagos to do the job. And how much would the compactible ECU cost...any ideas
Re: System Voltage Error On 2009 Camry. by GAZZUZZ(m): 4:18pm On Sep 20, 2014
talk2odim:
Thks for your responses. I appreciate. I read the link and tried to contact the expert but cant explain why my card payment was not being accepted. Just out of curiousity and for the sake of not falling inro qring hands do u have anyone that you can recommend in lagos to do the job. And how much would the compactible ECU cost...any ideas

Just for the sake of curiosity what are the syptoms the car is giving? All I saw was vibration you wrote earlier is there any thing else? Meanwhile post your vin here (chassis number) https://www.nairaland.com/295433/free-vin-checks/9 and check if your vehicle is salvaged/flooded cars like that almost always have corrosion issues in ecu pins.

Also try and clear dtc and re-scan after 50-100km so we know what we are really dealing with.
Re: System Voltage Error On 2009 Camry. by talk2odim: 8:56pm On Sep 20, 2014
@ Gazzuzz,for now itz just the low idling that tends to make the car vibrate noticeably and it drops quite haeshlt when engaged in drive gear.....I have tried to clear the codes but the P0560 system voltage error code comes back almost immediately. My personal scanner cant see the C1300 and U0073 codes.
Re: System Voltage Error On 2009 Camry. by talk2odim: 10:03pm On Sep 20, 2014
@ GAZZUZZ....also did the vin report via d link u sent. It came clean with an 88 score. No salvaged/flooded title. No odometer roll backs and with only one previous owner and qualified for auto check buybacks.
Re: System Voltage Error On 2009 Camry. by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:30pm On Sep 20, 2014
I think your problem is very straight forward, your idle speed is too slow(less than 600rpm) making your alternator roll slow which is causing a low charge. Clean your throttle body that should restore your idle back to normal operating speed (all you need is a 500naira carb cleaner and a rag) idle might become a bit high but will relearn after a few drive cycles. Also check that your serpentine belt is taut.
Re: System Voltage Error On 2009 Camry. by talk2odim: 6:41am On Sep 21, 2014
@GAZZZUZZ.....thks, that was what I thought initially and prompted me to change all the plugs, have the throttle body cleaned and the injector serviced. The serpentine belt is confirmed to be fine/hard. The alternator fine and also the battery. The idle rpm is 800 and drops to around 700 when engaged in gear (sometimes btw 650 and 600) yet it vibrates noticeably. This was what prompted the need for the comprehensive scan which reveal the codes. Having checked the alternator and battery(to correct the P0560) the only thing left is to check for and open/closed circuit but I am not that technically competent hence the need for someone with such skills and with the automech saying sometin abt the brain box which he is not assertive on. I dnt want to gamble on.
Re: System Voltage Error On 2009 Camry. by mayor2013: 2:08pm On Sep 21, 2014
Ok what part of lagos are you in, check my profile to get my number, bb pin is 7BE1C522
Re: System Voltage Error On 2009 Camry. by talk2odim: 8:31pm On Sep 21, 2014
mayor2013: Ok what part of lagos are you in, check my profile to get my number, bb pin is 7BE1C522

Lemme add u on bbm.
Re: System Voltage Error On 2009 Camry. by talk2odim: 9:25am On Mar 21, 2015
talk2odim:
@ GAZZUZZ....also did the vin report via d link u sent. It came clean with an 88 score. No salvaged/flooded title. No odometer roll backs and with only one previous owner and qualified for auto check buybacks.
The
Problem identified. ..... some wires melted n were compromised. Solution on course. Thks all
Re: System Voltage Error On 2009 Camry. by Nobody: 9:46am On Mar 21, 2015
talk2odim:

Problem identified. ..... some wires melted n were compromised. Solution on course. Thks all

Wow, I've forgotten about thiS thread. Thanks for bringing it up again.

NOTE: Wires don't just melt off, fuses were suppose to get blown before wires melted, were your fuse(s) changed, modified, tampered with or your wires bypassed?

I need answers to the bolded query above.
I wish you success in the troubleshooting this time.
Re: System Voltage Error On 2009 Camry. by talk2odim: 10:39am On Mar 21, 2015
lomomike:

NOTE: Wires don't just melt off, fuses were suppose to get blown before wires melted, were your fuse(s) changed, modified, tampered with or your wires bypassed?

No burnt fuses noticed just a lot of burnt/melted wires. Opte to replace the complere
Re: System Voltage Error On 2009 Camry. by talk2odim: 10:41am On Mar 21, 2015
lomomike:

No burnt fuses noticed just a lot of burnt/melted wires. Couldn't even figure out how it happened. Opted to replace the complete wiring harness as against tracing It one by one. It would be neater that way

(1) (Reply)

2013 Toyota Camry Or 2010 Rx330 Which Should. I Go For? / Golf 4 Fuel Consumption( Automatic) / Subaru Owners Please Lets Meet Here.. Thanks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.