Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,120 members, 7,818,360 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:29 PM

When A Cheating Spouse Dies - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / When A Cheating Spouse Dies (11708 Views)

A Concubine Should Not Be Made To Pay For The Sins Of A Cheating Spouse!!! / Why Naija Men Hardly Forgive A Cheating Partner. / Which Is Worse? A Cheating Or Nagging Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When A Cheating Spouse Dies by rofemiguwa(f): 6:35pm On Sep 19, 2014
Well am not justifying the woman'4 attitude but atimes you must have bin hurt so much u have pass the level of pain or showing any emotion.
You will just be blank.you don't have anytin to give anymore cos the cheater has drained u of every single tin you will ever feel.

All you feel is relief.

When we were little, we had this neighbour that was a renowned cheater soo much that his wife was addressed As nwanyi ahu di ya ejiro anya efu skirt( that wife of a womaniser)

That's how she was described.when the guy died mysteriously( according to the story the husband of one of his mistress jazzed him). During his burial the wife was busy serving food to her family members and her neighbour. U won't believe that woman jus lost her husband. It was as if she was hosting a party. When one of the relative tried cautioning her see snobbing! Serious ela!

The woman didn't give her husband one single repect that day. She didn't even near the grave side when dy were lowering him into the grave.

Nobody blamed her really, people just felt she shouldn't have made it so obvious.

So maybe the op friend has passed thru similar tinz. She will jus be grateful to GOD that she didn't catch a terrible disease instead of bothering to appear sober

6 Likes

Re: When A Cheating Spouse Dies by ladygogo: 6:46pm On Sep 19, 2014
aisha2: Well[b][/b] from what I have noticed around me most people prefer losing a spouse to leaving a marriage.[b][/b]

There is an almost vindictive edge to it the s a me way some will wait for their mother in laws to die before enjoying their marriages

We like to keep up appearances so even though we ate unhappy we swallow it and pray that death or something evil should bring a person down to their knees, sadly religion has been diluted to support this act.

To some who loose cheating spouses feel relief because it seems they can now have a life without judgement and also remarry if they choose too without the fear and threat that they will go to hell should they leave an unhappy marriage and remarry

Do you think the bolded mostly happens amongst the rich? Because I think some women will leave their cheating spouses if they were poor.

@op I'm not even surprised at your post.That's why I keep saying there are very few marriages in Nigeria.
Most are only living like housemates.

1 Like

Re: When A Cheating Spouse Dies by beeevan: 6:54pm On Sep 19, 2014
Nashville:

Hmmn, so if your brother, sister or close relative cheated on their spouse and the spouse in turn killed your loved one, would you think it is justified? Just asking...

Can killing ever be justified, hell no, can cheating be justified, still no, a lot of stupid things people do cannot be justified . If my brother ends up getting killed because he can't keep it in, that's his destiny. I won't congratulate who killed him, i won't haunt her either. I won't advise anyone to kill anybody, but if somebody ends up killing someone, well..very unfortunate.

Cheaters deserves whatever gets thrown at them, i mean how hard is it to keep ones clothes on?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: When A Cheating Spouse Dies by Nobody: 7:10pm On Sep 19, 2014
beeevan:

Can killing ever be justified, hell no, can cheating be justified, still no, a lot of stupid things people do cannot be justified . If my brother ends up getting killed because he can't keep it in, that's his destiny. I won't congratulate who killed him, i won't haunt her either. I won't advise anyone to kill anybody, but if somebody ends up killing someone, well..very unfortunate.

Cheaters deserves whatever gets thrown at them, i mean how hard is it to keep ones clothes on?

Anyone that knowingly takes another's life, does not deserve to be alive. If a person kills their spouse, that person should face the maximum penalty. No one has a right or reason to take another's life. It's never justifiable. Cheating or not!

1 Like

Re: When A Cheating Spouse Dies by Nobody: 7:12pm On Sep 19, 2014
Nashville:

Anyone that knowingly takes another's life, does not deserve to be alive. If a person kills their spouse, that person should face the maximum penalty. No one has a right or reason to take another's life. It's never justifiable. Cheating or not!

I am with you on this but saying that a person who kills another doesn't deserve to be alive makes you no different from those you are arguing with.
It's the same way of thinking.

1 Like

Re: When A Cheating Spouse Dies by Nobody: 7:22pm On Sep 19, 2014
ladygogo:
Do you think the bolded mostly happens amongst the rich? Because I think some women will leave their cheating spouses if they were poor.
@op I'm not even surprised at your post.That's why I keep saying there are very few marriages in Nigeria.
Most are only living like housemates.

I doubt it's about money oh. I know women who even are breadwinners yet they stay with cheating and abusive husband than divorce

4 Likes

Re: When A Cheating Spouse Dies by Nobody: 7:22pm On Sep 19, 2014
carefreewannabe:

I am with you on this but saying that a person who kills another doesn't deserve to be alive makes you no different from those you are arguing with.
It's the same way of thinking.

It prevents people from murdering others. When you know the offense is punishable by death, you will think twice before murdering someone.
Re: When A Cheating Spouse Dies by Nobody: 7:24pm On Sep 19, 2014
Nashville:

It prevents people from murdering others. When you know the offense is punishable by death, you will think twice before murdering someone.

That does also apply to cheating. Just saying.

5 Likes

Re: When A Cheating Spouse Dies by bukatyne(f): 7:32pm On Sep 19, 2014
smokescreen4: I want to hear from married folks especially women, would you sincerely mourn a man that cheats on you I have a friend though we are not very close I had spoken about her on another thread she lost her hubby some months ago and she seem to be having the time of her life, I have ran into her a couple of times since her hubby's death and she has never looked sooo pretty and sexy. Sources close to her said her husband's cheating has always bin an issue she had told some people she would leave the marriage, the guy died suddenly he was 42 so I heard, personally I HATE cheating but this lady seem to be soo happy she is letting it show, a lot of people are talking about it, she is now a rich sexy widow with two cute kids.Over to you ladies would your tears be that of hurt/sorrow or tears of relief.

@OP:

Capital no

That is if I stay long enough till he is dead

4 Likes

Re: When A Cheating Spouse Dies by kreamidiva(f): 7:32pm On Sep 19, 2014
beeevan:

People view infidelity differently and it influences their reaction. To me, it's a mortal sin, i can't forgive nor forget it , to some, its forgive able and doesn't erode the Love. This man fell into the category of those that can forgive it and move on. He forgave and probably still loves the woman.

Yeah... you're right. But how can one move on without letting go or forgiving the hurt they feel?

I can forgive but would never forget. That way, it makes it easier for me to completely move on.

1 Like

Re: When A Cheating Spouse Dies by badmarket: 7:45pm On Sep 19, 2014
effisyman: Ladies, u shd realise men are reading these.
You are ignorantly creating hatred and giving wrong advise to wives.

We can make these world a better place if we dwell on more positive things.

Women don't think more than once before acting.
But am sure none of the ladies who supports these idea wishes for their husband to die cos they wants to rejoice after his demise.

But they don't know the gravity of what they are saying or typing.
Re: When A Cheating Spouse Dies by edwife(f): 7:50pm On Sep 19, 2014
As for me,i will never rejoice the death of any human being be it a cheating husband or a notorious criminal.I am not the giver of life neither do i ever created a human.

I will rather leave if i can not forgive or cope than to stay and pretend all is well just to avoid being stigmatized.You are even worst than the cheater,if you can wait that long for his death for you to be free.

Staying will only create hatred in your heart,and there is nothing good you will wish for him and what does that make you? undecided

I am the kind of person that will rather walk away and still wish you well no matter what,except you try to kill me,then i will leave it to the law.

God is the only one who justifies.

3 Likes

Re: When A Cheating Spouse Dies by effisyman: 7:50pm On Sep 19, 2014
badmarket:

Women don't think more than once before acting.
But am sure none of the ladies who supports these idea wishes for their husband to die cos they wants to rejoice after his demise.

But they don't know the gravity of what they are saying or typing.

You spoke well.

But you may never know, may be all these ladies already wish their spouse is dead by now cos he cheated?

1 Like

Re: When A Cheating Spouse Dies by Pavore9: 7:53pm On Sep 19, 2014
l thought of this issue this morning and came to a conclusion that one can not force the widow of a cheating husband to put up appearance because to most of these women, their husbands have been long dead in their hearts.

11 Likes

Re: When A Cheating Spouse Dies by badmarket: 7:58pm On Sep 19, 2014
effisyman:

You spoke well.

But you may never know, may be all these ladies already wish their spouse is dead by now cos he cheated?

really??
Re: When A Cheating Spouse Dies by effisyman: 8:07pm On Sep 19, 2014
badmarket:

really??

They are countless women who have killed their husband cos he cheated or take a second wife.

How many men have killed a woman cos she cheated? Abi wives no dey cheat?

Even God forgives the most heinious crime, why kil or rejoice in death of a spouse....you can simply walk out.
Re: When A Cheating Spouse Dies by Nobody: 8:11pm On Sep 19, 2014
Hehehe......see as our men just cold....Nobody wan die. It's a free world . We got loads of cougars out there.if ur spouse cheats ,you wanna pay back ? Just do the same.... Not murder someone. Yea , u kill him, would you stay untouched the remaining days of your life?I guess No.
Re: When A Cheating Spouse Dies by thandii1: 8:15pm On Sep 19, 2014
effisyman:

You spoke well.

You and the people quoting to support you are slow. How do some of you comprehend though? What's with all the sentiments. The question is Will you mourn a cheating spouse, and Op gave an instance of a woman who refused to mourn her husband. How does this translate to the female posters wishing their spouses death? Have they even told you they have cheating husbands?

Are you cheating and scared you won't be mourned.

Answer the question and stop acting dumbb.

@topic, a cheating spouse is a killer. Some times, people underestimate the atrocities cheating can bring to one's spouse and children. And Apparently, Op is not even talking about a one time cheat but a cheating(continuous tense ke) spouse. What is there to mourn biko. Not mourning doesn't mean you are rejoicing over the death, neither does it mean you killed him or her, its just a case of you can't be bothered because you've exhausted all emotions on the person.

By the way, Has any one seen idris elba and taraji henson's new movie - 'No good deed'? If yes, after all the wife and kids went through because of her hubby's cheating nature , the hubby dies that night, will she be described as evil if she decides not to mourn him?

9 Likes

Re: When A Cheating Spouse Dies by ladygogo: 8:19pm On Sep 19, 2014
effisyman:

They are countless women who have killed their husband cos he cheated or take a second wife.

How many men have killed a woman cos she cheated? Abi wives no dey cheat?

Even God forgives the most heinious crime, why kil or rejoice in death of a spouse....you can simply walk out.

Because in the Nigerian society,God hates divorce and men find it easier to walk away and not experience the stigma that comes with being divorced.

Yes . women do a lot of cheating.

1 Like

Re: When A Cheating Spouse Dies by thandii1: 8:19pm On Sep 19, 2014
effisyman:

How many men have killed a woman cos she cheated? Abi wives no dey cheat?]

Just STFU already!! For the umpteenth time, this thread is about people who do not mourn their cheating spouses, not those who kill them. Stop making it seem like posters in here are advocate of murder for cheating spouses.

And your assertion in bolded is really stuu@pid, just stop it.

11 Likes

Re: When A Cheating Spouse Dies by kaboninc(m): 8:34pm On Sep 19, 2014
blueberryp: Na wa for una o, r u guys trying to say any man that dies was killed by the wife just because she isn't wearing black, starving and carrying a gloomy face?

Did you read the intro at all? And those peeps who liked your comment too...probably birds with same feathers flock together

1 Like

Re: When A Cheating Spouse Dies by effisyman: 8:36pm On Sep 19, 2014
thandii1:

Just STFU already!! For the umpteenth time, this thread is about people who do not mourn their cheating spouses, not those who kill them. Stop making it seem like posters in here are advocate of murder for cheating spouses.

I don't expect you to be angry.

We need to thread gently when we talk, people will always give deeper meanings to whatever we write or happenings around them.
A lot of women reading what you ladies have written will either be praying for their husband to die or go to the extreme to kill them just because he cheated and think they will be happy after he might have gone.

You see, we should learn to explore more constructive measure in dealing with issues than what you ladies have been saying.

Abi, what will it take from the same woman who mourns a cheating husband and says maybe he would have changed and be a loving husband/father if he had more time on earth.

Most of the ladies who have written have already supported the idea, these am saying is sending wrong signals.

No one wishes a love one dead or rejoice of his/her demise cos of his past.

Peace#

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: When A Cheating Spouse Dies by bukatyne(f): 8:38pm On Sep 19, 2014
thorpido: I can't blame a woman who doesn't mourn her cheating spouse when he dies.I know a guy who treats his wife terribly.I wouldn't bat an eye if tomorrow I see her painting the town red if her husband passes.

...as long as she has no hand in his death.

Thank you

Imagine eating your cake, having it back and keeping some in the fridge

If you want people you leave behind to feel the impact of your death, start laying the foundation right now you are alive cheesy

8 Likes

Re: When A Cheating Spouse Dies by bukatyne(f): 8:40pm On Sep 19, 2014
rofemiguwa: Well am not justifying the woman'4 attitude but atimes you must have bin hurt so much u have pass the level of pain or showing any emotion.
You will just be blank.you don't have anytin to give anymore cos the cheater has drained u of every single tin you will ever feel.

All you feel is relief.

When we were little, we had this neighbour that was a renowned cheater soo much that his wife was addressed As nwanyi ahu di ya ejiro anya efu skirt( that wife of a womaniser)

That's how she was described.when the guy died mysteriously( according to the story the husband of one of his mistress jazzed him). During his burial the wife was busy serving food to her family members and her neighbour. U won't believe that woman jus lost her husband. It was as if she was hosting a party. When one of the relative tried cautioning her see snobbing! Serious ela!

The woman didn't give her husband one single repect that day. She didn't even near the grave side when dy were lowering him into the grave.

Nobody blamed her really, people just felt she shouldn't have made it so obvious.

So maybe the op friend has passed thru similar tinz. She will jus be grateful to GOD that she didn't catch a terrible disease instead of bothering to appear sober

How horrible

Why were people running it in her face? Was it her fault her husband was loose?

1 Like

Re: When A Cheating Spouse Dies by bukatyne(f): 8:44pm On Sep 19, 2014
effisyman:

I don't expect you to be angry.

We need to thread gently when we talk, people will always give deeper meanings to whatever we write or happenings around them.
A lot of women reading what you ladies have written will either be praying for their husband to die or go to the extreme to kill them just because he cheated and think they will be happy after he might have gone.

You see, we should learn to explore more constructive measure in dealing with issues than what you ladies have been saying.

Abi, what will it take from the same woman who mourns a cheating husband and says maybe he would have changed and be a loving husband/father if he had more time on earth.

Most of the ladies who have written have already supported the idea, these am saying is sending wrong signals.

No one wishes a love one dead or rejoice of his/her demise cos of his past.

Peace#

@bolded: LOL!

3 Likes

Re: When A Cheating Spouse Dies by cococandy(f): 8:46pm On Sep 19, 2014
pickabeau1:

You are free to spin it anyhow you like it
I am saying killing a spouse does not have be an action
Even inaction can kill a spouse

or maybe his cheating killed him
hehehehehehhehe. cheesy grin cheesy grin

4 Likes

Re: When A Cheating Spouse Dies by pickabeau1: 8:47pm On Sep 19, 2014
cococandy: or maybe his cheating killed him
hehehehehehhehe. cheesy grin cheesy grin

Also possible..
Re: When A Cheating Spouse Dies by cococandy(f): 8:52pm On Sep 19, 2014
thandii1:

the mind boggles. as if deciding not to put up pretentious appearances at the death of someone who never loved you equates to killing him/her. see as the thread has been turned into another thing

4 Likes

Re: When A Cheating Spouse Dies by hrmkz: 8:56pm On Sep 19, 2014
Mourn or no mourn, the person don die.

its add nor remove anything.

1 Like

Re: When A Cheating Spouse Dies by crystalballs: 9:07pm On Sep 19, 2014
effisyman: Ladies, u shd realise men are reading these.
You are ignorantly creating hatred and giving wrong advise to wives.

We can make these world a better place if we dwell on more positive things.

You spoke my mind, someones wife may just be thinking something else because of these thread.
Re: When A Cheating Spouse Dies by GodsDivinefavor(f): 9:09pm On Sep 19, 2014
The man is dead nah, while fight him till grave?
Re: When A Cheating Spouse Dies by greatestluv4all: 9:13pm On Sep 19, 2014
I can never and will never rejoice in the death of my spouse even if he was a cheat.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Father's Day: What Did You Learn From Your Father, That Has Helped You In Life? / What Makes A Man/woman Responsible / ☎️☎️VARIOUS LUXURY VELVET SUEDE HOME FURNITURE, INTERIOR DECOR, ACCESSORIES☎️☎️

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.