Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,813 members, 7,820,876 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:05 AM

What Age Is Appropriate For Dating? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Age Is Appropriate For Dating? (2339 Views)

(pic) Me 23 , Her 38 Age Is Nothing But A Number / Sex Will Make Your Relationship Stronger Only At The Appropriate Time / Who Says Age Is Not A Problem In A Relationship? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Age Is Appropriate For Dating? by lalasticlala(m): 1:44pm On Sep 19, 2014
These days, it's as if everyone is dating, no matter the age.
You see underaged girls and boys flaunt their dates- boyfriends and girlfriends.

Some hide it, while others don't.

Some girls of 12, 13, 14, 15 years have started dating and probably started having sex too.

It's like the teen girls start earlier than the boys, maybe because the girls look mature or older than their age.

So, what is the ideal age for one to start dating?
Re: What Age Is Appropriate For Dating? by Nobody: 1:48pm On Sep 19, 2014
As a chaste christian, there's no age that's appropriate to start dating.

Just get ready for marriage when you are riped to get a wife. smiley

P.S- It doesn't apply to 'others' who don't share Christian faith. Referring to christians only except you are a hypocritical one.

1 Like

Re: What Age Is Appropriate For Dating? by bist: 1:48pm On Sep 19, 2014
For the girls, that wud be wen blood starts gushing out of there kpekus,
For the guys, it wud be they realise that there J.T cud get turgid by mere tots.
Re: What Age Is Appropriate For Dating? by izaray(f): 2:13pm On Sep 19, 2014
They are signs of end time, d best thing is, when u know u are ripe 4 such tin, get married at once, if a girl can start flirting around wit men @maybe 12,13,or 14, den wat stop dem 4rm geting married at once?
Re: What Age Is Appropriate For Dating? by Dygeasy(m): 2:19pm On Sep 19, 2014
This is a question that is wrong to ask.

It is a subjective thing.

From the first comment here to the one immediately above me; the first one took it the religious way, the 2nd the intimate way and well, the third went morally ethical on us so it's pretty much a case of different strokes for different folks. cool
Re: What Age Is Appropriate For Dating? by maxism2: 2:27pm On Sep 19, 2014
18 years
Re: What Age Is Appropriate For Dating? by thinezy(f): 2:28pm On Sep 19, 2014
i'd say from 20
tho its nt just abt d age its knowing you can handle anything that comes as a result of dating effectively i mean EFFECTIVELY
Re: What Age Is Appropriate For Dating? by Nobody: 2:28pm On Sep 19, 2014
I think 16 is ok.
Re: What Age Is Appropriate For Dating? by djeezy(m): 2:28pm On Sep 19, 2014
Dygeasy: This is a question that is wrong to ask.

It is a subjective thing.

From the first comment here to the one immediately above me; the first one took it the religious way, the 2nd the intimate way and well, the third went morally ethical on us so it's pretty much a case of different strokes for different folks. cool
Best answer so far. You've said it all.

1 Like

Re: What Age Is Appropriate For Dating? by Ivanspring(f): 2:31pm On Sep 19, 2014
Girls 20, Boys 27

1 Like

Re: What Age Is Appropriate For Dating? by bustyhelen(f): 2:36pm On Sep 19, 2014
girls 18, guys 23/25

2 Likes

Re: What Age Is Appropriate For Dating? by vizkiz: 2:38pm On Sep 19, 2014
i started dating when i was 5yrs old

Can still remember eniola then...when we use to do daddy and mummy in the dark grin
Re: What Age Is Appropriate For Dating? by lalasticlala(m): 2:50pm On Sep 19, 2014
vizkiz: i started dating when i was 5yrs old

Can still remember eniola then...when we use to do daddy and mummy in the dark grin

hahahahahahaha

so r u implying that 5 years is OK to start dating?
Re: What Age Is Appropriate For Dating? by lawrenceunaa: 2:57pm On Sep 19, 2014
18+ , na bad condition of the country + lack of adequate home training de causes premature dating undecided
Re: What Age Is Appropriate For Dating? by 3coins(m): 3:02pm On Sep 19, 2014
girls 16....boys 18. . .but kids of nowadays wont wait this long

NB: francistony. . Which one you dey?. . Exactly 8days ago. . You were boasting of how much you know about sex and girls. Now,you're going all religious undecided
Re: What Age Is Appropriate For Dating? by lalasticlala(m): 3:24pm On Sep 19, 2014
3coins: girls 16....boys 18. . .but kids of nowadays wont wait this long

NB: francistony. . Which one you dey?. . Exactly 8days ago. . You were boasting of how much you know about sex and girls. Now,you're going all religious undecided

francistony is born twice
Re: What Age Is Appropriate For Dating? by Nobody: 3:26pm On Sep 19, 2014
3coins: girls 16....boys 18. . .but kids of nowadays wont wait this long

Abeggoo smiley
Re: What Age Is Appropriate For Dating? by Nobody: 4:36pm On Sep 19, 2014
hmmm girls 18( tho still immature as fvck angry) boys can handle a lady from 14
Re: What Age Is Appropriate For Dating? by Nobody: 4:39pm On Sep 19, 2014
When a guy is ready to take responsibility for his action.
Re: What Age Is Appropriate For Dating? by Nobody: 4:45pm On Sep 19, 2014
As at 1954 wen I was 22, before u could fall in love, u had 2 b 20. But as of dis blackberry and iphone age, as long as u sabi say ABC- - -XYZ, my guy, u are free 2 fall in love...
Re: What Age Is Appropriate For Dating? by fruityjojo(f): 4:46pm On Sep 19, 2014
I feel like saying 18, to avoid early 'I wish I had known'
Re: What Age Is Appropriate For Dating? by Nobody: 4:47pm On Sep 19, 2014
fruityjojo: I feel like saying 18, to avoid early 'I wish I had known'
for the girls only sha undecided
Re: What Age Is Appropriate For Dating? by defendedvictim(m): 4:47pm On Sep 19, 2014
I smell front page...
well, it cud b anytym. maturity z d key thing; not age
Re: What Age Is Appropriate For Dating? by Okokoro(m): 4:48pm On Sep 19, 2014
high chief okororo !!! angry
Re: What Age Is Appropriate For Dating? by Nobody: 4:51pm On Sep 19, 2014
16yrs is appropriate
Re: What Age Is Appropriate For Dating? by fruityjojo(f): 4:53pm On Sep 19, 2014
Suley316: for the girls only sha undecided
Hmmm Buh who will the below 18guys be dating? Sugar mummy's above 18 cheesy
Re: What Age Is Appropriate For Dating? by Nobody: 5:00pm On Sep 19, 2014
All there ladies saying 16 is okay for girls.....do you even know what you are saying? A girl of 16years to start dating and probably having sex?? That's totally unreasonable(*no offense)

by the time they get to 26, only God knows how many boys they would have had sex with.
Re: What Age Is Appropriate For Dating? by Nobody: 5:03pm On Sep 19, 2014
defendedvictim: I smell front page...
well, it cud b anytym. maturity z d key thing; not age
just like a 16year old girl can be matured emotionally, psychologically and mentally ba?

If you are truthful to yourself, you will agree with me that chances are,,,zero
Re: What Age Is Appropriate For Dating? by Nobody: 5:05pm On Sep 19, 2014
fruityjojo:
Hmmm Buh who will the below 18guys be dating? Sugar mummy's above 18 cheesy
yeah... Or some unfortunate agemate of his cry
Re: What Age Is Appropriate For Dating? by defendedvictim(m): 5:08pm On Sep 19, 2014
AgapeCharis: just like a 16year old girl can be matured emotionally, psychologically and mentally ba?

If you are truthful to yourself, you will agree with me that chances are,,,zero
v u ever seen a 'mature' 16 yr old?
Re: What Age Is Appropriate For Dating? by montestic(m): 5:42pm On Sep 19, 2014
the irony of the whole thing is that some people here that are saying 18, 25 , 27 etc actually started their own as early as 11, 12 13 etc
Re: What Age Is Appropriate For Dating? by montestic(m): 5:43pm On Sep 19, 2014
once a person is in higher institution, the person can start dating, no matter d age, so long as he/she is in higher institution

(1) (2) (Reply)

Strange But Truth (pictures) / Which Tribe Sings Romantic Songs Better In Nigeria? / Will you ever forgive this offender [photos]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.